The Staff Selection Commission is conducting Combined Graduate Level exam every year to fill in numerous vacancies under different government departments and organizations. Currently, the first stage of the SSC CGL Exam is concluded successfully. Around 21 lakh candidates had applied for SSC CGL 2020 Exam. Out of which only 9 lakh candidates appeared in the SSC CGL Tier 1 Exam. In order to help candidates with the latest updates related CGL Exam, we have listed out live updates. Candidates preparing for CGL or willing to apply for CGL can go through the Latest News of SSC CGL.
SSC CGL Latest & Live Updates
07th September 2020: Revised Exam Dates for Tier 1
- The commission released a new exam schedule for SSC CGL Tier I 2019-20. Candidates appearing for the first stage of CGL need to check the new dates and plan their preparation.
- Previously the exam was scheduled from November 2 to 5,2020 but now the exam date is from November 15 to 18, 2020. Check Official Notice
01st September 2020: CGL 2020 Tier 3 Result Date Announced
- The Staff Selection Commission announced the SSC CGL Result release date for Tier 3 Exam 2018.
- Candidates qualifying in Tier 3 are eligible for the fourth stage of the selection process.
- The result will be released on the official website of SSC. Candidates can check and download the result PDF from the website.
26th August 2020: Announcement of Tier 3 Exam Date
- The Commission released a notification on the official website regarding the SSC CGL Tier 3 Exam Date.
- As per the latest news, the third stage of CGL is scheduled on 11th November 2020.
- Candidates who have qualified Tier 1 are eligible for both Tier 2 and 3.
21st July 2020: Reschedule of Tier 2 Exam Dates
- The Staff Selection Commission has rescheduled the exam date for second stage of CGL.
- The SSC CGL Tier 2 Exam will be conducted from November 2nd to 5th 2020, in online mode. Candidates are advised to check the SSC CGL Exam Dates to know about the detailed exam schedule.
- During the current situation, the exam has been postponed again. Previously the exam was scheduled from October 14-17, 2020 but now its postponed.
1st July 2020: Cut Off Marks Released Category-Wise
- SSC released the SSC CGL Cut Off Marks for each category. Based on marks scored in Tier-I Examination, candidates have been shortlisted, category-wise, to appear in Tier-II and Tier-III examinations.
- Separate cutoffs have been fixed for the posts of Assistant Audit Officer and Assistant Accounts Officer (List-1), Junior Statistical Officer (JSO) and Statistical Investigator (SI), Grade II (List-2) and all other posts (List-3).
1st July 2020: Tier 1 Result Declared
- The Staff Selection Commission declared the SSC CGL Tier 1 Result 2019.
- Candidates awaiting for their results can now check the results and know if they have cleared the exam or not.
- SSC conducted the Combined Graduate Level Examination (Tier-I), 2019 from 03-03-2020 to 09-03-2020 in the Computer Based Mode.
- A total of 9,78,103 candidates appeared in the said examination.
8th June 2020: Postponement of Tier 1 Results
- The SSC CGL Results for the Tier 1 Exam will be released in June 2020.
- A total of 2174278 candidates had applied for CGL Exam out of which only 979215 candidates appeared for SSC CGL Tier 1 Exam.
- Due to the current situation, the results have been postponed.
- Candidates waiting for the results can check it on the official website in June 2020.
1st June 2020: Reschedule of Exam Dates
- The Staff Selection Commission announced the new exam date for SSC CGL Tier 2.
- Candidates qualifying tier 1 will be eligible to take up Tier 2 Exam in October 2020.
- Candidates are advised to go through the SSC CGL Exam Dates to know the complete schedule of the recruitment.
- Due to the current situation, the exam authority cannot conduct the examinations as per the plan. Hence, the exam dates have been postponed to October 2020.
1st April 2020: Tier 1 Result Date Notice
- The SSC CGL Result for Tier 1 Exam will be declared soon on the official website.
- A total of 9,79,215 candidates appeared for the SSC CGL Tier 1 Examination that was conducted from 3rd March to 9th March in online mode.
- SSC released a notice stating that the result dates will be announced soon.
15th March 2020: SSC CGL Tier 1 Answer Key; Raise Objections
- The SSC CGL Answer Key was released for the Tier 1 Exam.
- Candidates can check their responses and raise objections if any until 1st week of April 2020.
- The answer key is an official document released by SSC to help candidates check their responses and estimate their score.
- This way candidates will know whether they will be eligible for the next stage or not.
3rd - 9th March 2020: SSC CGL Tier 1 Exam; Students Feedback
- The First Stage of the SSC CGL Exam 2020 was successfully concluded.
- Overall the examination was Easy to Moderate difficulty level. Candidates were able to attempt all the questions and answer them.
- Most of the questions were repeated in each shift with a slight change in numerical.
19th February 2020: Call Letter Released; Download Now
- The Staff Selection Commission released the SSC CGL Admit Card for Tier 1.
- Candidates must ensure to carry the admit card to the exam centre without fail.
- If any candidate fails to carry the admit card, then he/she will not be allowed to rake up the exam.
- Candidates must also ensure to carry other required documents to the exam centre and follow the SSC CGL Exam Day Instructions without fail.
22nd October 2019: SSC CGL 2020 Notification Out; Check Exam Details
- The Staff Selection Commission released the new Notification for the year 2019-20.
- Candidates could apply for various posts from 22nd October 2019 to 25th November 2019.
- The official notification includes all the details about the exam like vacancies, eligibility, exam dates, how to apply online, exam pattern, and syllabus, and more.
What is SSC CGL?
The SSC CGL is a national-level examination conducted every year to fill in numerous Graduate Level vacancies across the country. Through SSC CGL Recruitment, various posts in Government Organization and Departments like Audit Officer, Inspector, Accountant, Statistical Officer, Tax Assistant, and many others will be filled. There are a total of 34 posts that are categorized under Group B and Group C based on the SSC CGL PayScale. SSC is one of the prestigious Government sector offering a handsome salary and a satisfying job profile. Hence, a large number of aspirants apply every year for SSC CGL.
In order to get selected for your desired post, then clearing all the four stages of the SSC CGL Selection Process is important. Have a look at the below brief table for knowing which are stages you need to clear. All the stages are qualifying in nature. Also, it is very important to note that candidates must score above the cut off marks in order to be eligible for the next stage.
|SSC CGL Tier 1
||Online Exam (CBT); 100 Questions for 200 Marks
|SSC CGL Tier 2
||Online Exam; 500 Questions for 400 Marks
|SSC CGL Tier 3
||Offline Exam; Descriptive paper for 100 Marks
|SSC CGL Tier 4
||CPT, DEST, or Document Verification
To filter out candidates for the number of vacancies, the exam conducting authority decided the cut off marks based on various factors like Number of vacancies, Number of candidates appearing for the exam, and the difficulty level of the exam. Hence, candidates scoring above the cut off marks will be eligible for the next stage successfully.