SSC CGL Exam Day Instructions and Dress Code 2018-19
- SSC CGL Exam Day Instructions and Dress Code
- SSC CGL Dress Code for Exam
SSC CGL Exam Day Instructions and Dress Code | Knowing the frisking guidelines is as important as preparing for any examination. The SSC or Staff Selection Commission has released a new notification about objects that can be carried to the SSC Selection Post examination hall. It also lists out what candidates can wear and not wear at SSC CGL exam hall.
- SSC authorities have made these official guidelines to prevent everyone from any kind of misconduct.
- All candidates have to bring their recent 2-3 passport size photographs
- Candidates have to carry their SSC CGL Admit Card without forgetting
- Furthermore, admit card should have one passport sized photo pasted on it
- All aspirants are expected to be well-behaved and well-dressed
- No candidate should wear any kind of gold or diamond items or expensive jewellery or watches
- Candidates must reach the exam hall 15 minutes before the exam is scheduled.
- While preparing for the exam, all candidates should go through the SSC CGL Exam Analysis to understand the difficulty level of the paper and the frequently asked questions.
SSC CGL Exam Day Instructions and Dress Code
The SSC authorities have set some strict rules and regulations that all candidates have to follow. These instructions have to be taken care of before entering the SSC CGL exam center
Candidates should not wear charms, veil, items containing metals such as a ring, bracelet, earrings, nose-pin, chains, necklace, pendants, badge, brooch, hair pin, hair band, clothes with full sleeves or big buttons, etc. It is requested to all candidates to wear open footwear like chappal or flats instead of shoes or heals. The frisking staff would ask candidates to remove shoes.
Read carefully below to ensure that aspirants do not carry these objects to the examination hall according to an official notification by SSC CGL:
- Do not carry expensive jewelry like mangal sutra, earrings, brooch etc
- Wrist Watches
- Camera or any other electrical device
- Any kind of Bluetooth devices/chargers/microphone/pager/earphones etc.
- Gold items like chains, rings, bracelets, etc.
- Pen drives or any kind of storage devices
- Paper Chits
- Books/handbags/caps etc.
- Mobile Phones/goggles/badge etc.
- Any food item or eatables or drinks etc
It is an advice to all the applicants follow the guidelines and do not carry any of these items while they appear to give their SSC CGL Examination. Any candidate who happens to lose their valuable items will be himself responsible.
SSC CGL Dress Code for Exam
The SSC CGL has directed some strict rules on what candidates should and should not wear at the exam center. All candidates are to strictly follow the following dress code for SSC CGL. So, whoever will abandon the rules will face negative results of it
What Candidates Should Wear and Carry to the SSC Exam hall?
- Candidates should not wear clothes with full sleeves or big buttons, etc.
- First of all, female candidates should not wear any kind of heels because the allowance is only for flats/slippers
- All candidates should wear light-colored and sober clothes
- Candidates must wear open footwear like slippers, sandals instead of shoes
- There is no permission for heavy/traditional clothes
- Also, female applicants should not wear Salwars/patialas/heavy/traditional dresses. Therefore, female applicants can only wear shirts/tee-shirts and jeans/leggings
- Keep 2 black point pens to fill the circles on the answer sheet
- Only simple shirt/tee shirt and jeans for all the candidates (both males and females)
- No candidate should carry expensive or flashy jewellery
- Above all, candidates should go to the exam centre according to the dress code of SSC CGL guidelines
- Also, carry an id proof Aadhaar card/PAN card/passport/voter id/employer id/driving license)
- Keep 2 black point pens to fill the circles on the answer sheet
- Candidates who do not follow the SSC CGL Exam Day Instructions and Dress Code can face negative consequences
- Female candidates should not leave their hair open at the exam centre. So, all female candidates should tie their hair neatly
- Males should not wear any kind of suits, expensive bracelets, goggles, cufflinks or gold chains
Do not Carry Stationary:
- Pen/pencil and paper for rough work would be provided in the examination lab.
- There will be availability of Electronic watch (timer) on the computer screen allotted to the candidates.
- Do not carry Bags: Do not carry a backpack, College bag or any other bag like a handbag.
- If candidates bring any bag, they must make arrangement for safe custody of these items.
- The Commission shall not make any arrangement nor be responsible for the safe custody of such items.
Do not Carry these Electronic Gadgets:
As per the official SSC CGL Exam Day Instructions and Dress Code, electronic gadgets are not allowed in the examination hall. Make sure to not take your Bluetooth devices, headphones, pen/buttonhole cameras, scanner, calculator, storage devices etc in the examination lab. The examination center strictly prohibit these items
Do not Carry these Ornaments:
Candidates should also not wear charms, veil, items containing metals such as rings, bracelet, earrings, nose-pin, chains, necklace, pendants, badge, broach, hairpin, hair band
What will Happen if any candidate carries Prohibited items to Exam Hall?
- If any such prohibited item is found in the possession of a candidate in the examination lab, his/her candidature is liable to be cancelled and legal/criminal proceedings could be initiated against him/her.
- He/she would also liable to be debarred from appearing in future examinations of the Commission for a period of 3 years.
Candidate should not create Disturbance in the Exam Hall:
- The candidature shall be summarily cancelled if found obstructing the conduct of the examination or creating disturbances at the examination venue
- Candidates must not create any misconduct or misbehaviour at the exam center as it will not be tolerated
- Moreover, the authorities will not allow any candidate after 15 minutes of schedule
- Candidates must visit and check the allotted exam location (printed on the admit card)
Important Documents to Carry at SSC CGL Exam Center
There are some documents and items that every candidate needs to carry with to the exam because, without these, candidates can face complications to sit in the exam. Moreover, candidates should make sure they are carrying these important documents as follows:
- Official SSC CGL Hall ticket printout
- The official SSC CGL admit card will have the exam center printed on it
- Original and photocopy of valid photo ID proof
- Two recent passport-size color photographs
- Candidates should only bring the required stationery.
*Follow these SSC CGL Exam Day Instructions and Dress Code to Avoid any inconvenience so you can focus on your examination and do your best!
Share your thoughts/queries here!