SSC CGL Exam Day Instructions and Dress Code
- SSC CGL Exam Day Instructions 2021
- SSC CGL Exam Day Instructions and Dress Code
- General SSC CGL Exam Instructions 2021
- SSC CGL Dress Code for Exam 2021
- SSC CGL Exam Day Instructions FAQs
Check SSC CGL Exam Day Instructions and Dress Code 2021 here. Knowing the frisking guidelines are as important as preparing for any examination. The SSC or Staff Selection Commission has released a new notification about the instructions to be followed on the day of the SSC CGL Exam. It also lists out what candidates can wear and not wear at the SSC CGL exam hall.
Latest: This year, SSC will be conducting the CGL Tier 2 Exam with more strict rules and safety precautions. Due to the current scenario, it is essential for all candidates to follow these rules carefully and take up the exam smoothly without any hassle.
SSC CGL Exam Day Instructions 2021
Here is the list of SSC CGL Exam Day Instructions released by the Staff Selection Commission for the current situation across India.
- Candidates must reach the exam centres at least half an hour before the reporting time.
- All candidates have to bring their recent 2-3 passport size photographs and one valid Photo ID proof.
- Candidates appearing for the exam must carry their SSC CGL Admit Card without forgetting
- At least 5-6 ft distance must be maintained between each student while entering the exam hall.
- All candidates must wear masks and gloves on the day of the exam.
- Candidates will be permitted to carry a mask, gloves, transparent water bottle, personal hand sanitizer (50 ml), a simple pen, and other required documents for the exam.
- Candidate should not share any of their personal belonging/material with anyone
- All the required materials like pen and rough paper will be provided in the exam hall.
- Candidates using a scribe must wear bring their own gloves, N95 mask, sanitizer, and water bottle.
- All candidates must have installed Arogya Setu App on their mobile phones as it will show the risk factor of candidates.
- After displaying the app at the security candidates must switch off their mobile phones deposit at the concerned place.
- All candidates will be checked with Thermo guns at the entry point for temperature. In case, any person is observed to be having above-normal temperature (> 99.14° F) or displaying any symptoms of the virus, they will not be allowed entry into the venue.
- Candidates must provide a clear Left Thumb Impression (LTI) certification statement in their running handwriting and signature on Commission’s Copy of Admission Certificate taking necessary precautions against Covid-19.
- Candidates having symptoms of fever, cough, etc will not be allowed to appear for the exam.
SSC CGL Exam Day Instructions and Dress Code
The SSC authorities have set some strict rules and regulations that all candidates have to follow. These instructions have to be taken care of before entering the SSC CGL exam center. Candidates should not wear charms, veil, items containing metals such as a ring, bracelet, earrings, nose-pin, chains, necklace, pendants, badge, brooch, hairpin, hair band, clothes with full sleeves or big buttons, etc. It is requested to all candidates to wear open footwear like chappal or flats instead of shoes or heals. The frisking staff would ask candidates to remove shoes. Read carefully below to ensure that aspirants do not carry these objects to the examination hall according to an official notification by SSC CGL:
- Do not carry expensive jewellery like mangal sutra, earrings, brooch etc
- Wrist Watches
- Camera or any other electrical device
- Any kind of Bluetooth devices/chargers/microphone/pager/earphones etc.
- Gold items like chains, rings, bracelets, etc.
- Pen drives or any kind of storage devices
- Paper Chits
- Books/handbags/caps etc.
- Mobile Phones/goggles/badge etc.
- Any food item or eatables or drinks etc
It is an advice to all the applicants to follow the guidelines and does not carry any of these items while they appear to give their SSC CGL Examination. Any candidate who happens to lose their valuable items will be himself responsible.
General SSC CGL Exam Instructions 2021
Candidates must ensure to follow these instructions on the day of the exam without fail.
- Entering the Details: Make a note of your Name, Roll Number, Ticket Number, date, time and venue for the examination given in the Admission Certificate correctly. Contact the authorities if any mistake found in the admit card. The seating order will be displayed at the Exam center as per the Ticket number
- Punctuality in Attendance: Be present at the exam hall at least half an hour before the reporting time. No candidate will be allowed to leave the exam hall until the exam is over.
- Hall Ticket for Exam: Admit Card including scanned photographs and signature will be issued to the candidates from the Regional/Sub-Regional Office of the Commission. Candidates need not affix any photo on the Scanned Admission Certificate.
- The portion of the Admission Certificate with a scanned photograph is to be surrendered to the invigilator. A few regional offices send the lists to the Venue Supervisor directly
- You can also appear for the examination with an Admission Certificate downloaded from the website. But ensure to carry the photographs readily with you.
- No candidate will be allowed to take up the exam if they do not carry the photographs or photo-bearing admit card.
- Candidates will be asked to sign in the space provided for the candidate’s signature and also affix their Left Thumb Impression on the Attendance sheet in the presence of the Invigilator in the Examination Hall.
- Compliance with Instructions: No electronic gadgets are allowed to the exam hall. Candidates who are found to possess Mobile or Cellular Phones, Pager and other unauthorized electronic gadgets after the commencement of the examination, whether in use or not, will be deemed to be using unfair means and would be liable to disciplinary action as deemed fit, including ban from future examinations conducted by SSC.
- Use black ink pen/black Ball-Point pen for filling up the Part-A of Side 1, Part-B of Side I and Side 2 of the answer sheet.
- Hand over the answer sheet to the invigilator with ultimate care. Torn or folded answer sheet will not be evaluated by the machine.
- Any candidate who does not hand over answer sheet or is found to attempting to take answer sheet out of the examination hall will be disqualified and the Commission will take further action against him as per rule.
- Candidates can carry only the question booklet with them after the exam is over.
- You should do the necessary rough work on test booklet/question paper. You should not do your rough work on the answer sheet or any other paper.
- All your answers should be marked in the answer sheet only.
- Travelling allowance is not admissible for appearing for written examination for any candidate.
Read SSC CGL Official Exam Instructions PDF
SSC CGL Dress Code for Exam 2021
The SSC CGL has directed some strict rules on what candidates should and should not wear at the exam centre. All candidates are to strictly follow the following dress code for SSC CGL. So, whoever will abandon the rules will face negative results of it What Candidates Should Wear and Carry to the SSC CGL Exam Hall?
- Candidates should not wear clothes with full sleeves or big buttons, etc.
- First of all, female candidates should not wear any kind of heels because the allowance is only for flats/slippers
- All candidates should wear light-coloured and sober clothes
- Candidates must wear open footwear like slippers, sandals instead of shoes
- There is no permission for heavy/traditional clothes
- Also, female applicants should not wear Salwars/patialas/heavy/traditional dresses. Therefore, female applicants can only wear shirts/tee-shirts and jeans/leggings
- Keep 2 black point pens to fill the circles on the answer sheet
- Only simple shirt/tee shirt and jeans for all the candidates (both males and females)
- No candidate should carry expensive or flashy jewelry
- Above all, candidates should go to the exam center according to the dress code of SSC CGL guidelines
- Also, carry an id proof Aadhaar card/PAN card/passport/voter id/employer id/driving license)
- Keep 2 black point pens to fill the circles on the answer sheet
- Candidates who do not follow the SSC CGL Exam Day Instructions and Dress Code can face negative consequences
- Female candidates should not leave their hair open at the exam center. So, all-female candidates should tie their hair neatly
- Males should not wear any kind of suits, expensive bracelets, goggles, cufflinks or gold chains
Do not Carry Stationary:
- Pen/pencil and paper for rough work would be provided in the examination lab.
- There will be the availability of Electronic watches (timer) on the computer screen allotted to the candidates.
- Do not carry bags: Do not carry a backpack, College bag or any other bag like a handbag.
- If candidates bring any bag, they must make arrangements for the safe custody of these items.
- The Commission shall not make any arrangement nor be responsible for the safe custody of such items.
Do not Carry these Electronic Gadgets:
As per the official SSC CGL Exam Day Instructions and Dress Code, electronic gadgets are not allowed in the examination hall. Make sure to not take your Bluetooth devices, headphones, pen/buttonhole cameras, scanner, calculator, storage devices, etc in the examination lab. The examination center strictly prohibit these items
Do not Carry these Ornaments:
Candidates should also not wear charms, veil, items containing metals such as rings, bracelet, earrings, nose-pin, chains, necklace, pendants, badge, broach, hairpin, hair band
What Will Happen if any candidate carries Prohibited items to Exam Hall?
- If any such prohibited item is found in the possession of a candidate in the examination lab, his/her candidature is liable to be canceled and legal/criminal proceedings could be initiated against him/her.
- He/she would also liable to be debarred from appearing in future examinations of the Commission for a period of 3 years.
Candidate should not create Disturbance in the Exam Hall:
- The candidature shall be summarily canceled if found obstructing the conduct of the examination or creating disturbances at the examination venue
- Candidates must not create any misconduct or misbehavior at the exam center as it will not be tolerated
- Moreover, the authorities will not allow any candidate after 15 minutes of schedule
- Candidates must visit and check the allotted exam location (printed on the admit card)
Important Documents to Carry at SSC CGL Exam Center
There are some documents and items that every candidate needs to carry with to the exam because, without these, candidates can face complications to sit in the exam. Moreover, candidates should make sure they are carrying these important documents as follows:
- Official SSC CGL Hall ticket printout
- The official SSC CGL admit card will have the exam center printed on it
- Original and photocopy of valid photo ID proof
- Two recent passport-size color photographs
- Candidates should only bring the required stationery.
*Follow these SSC CGL Exam Day Instructions and Dress Code to Avoid any inconvenience so you can focus on your examination and do your best!
SSC CGL Exam Day Instructions FAQs
Q. What are the things that can be carried to the SSC CGL Exam?
Ans: Candidates can carry documents like the admit card and photo ID Proof into the SSC CGL Exam Hall.
Q. Is the calculator allowed in the SSC CGL Exam Hall?
Ans: No, the calculator is strictly not allowed in the exam hall. Any other electronic gadgets and storage devices are not allowed into the exam hall.
Q. Is there any dress code for SSC CGL Exam 2021?
Ans: Yes, there is a separate dress code for male and female candidates. Everyone must follow these rules mandatorily without fail. Go through the dress code section above to know what should be worn.
Q. Can I carry my pen and pencil to the SSC CGL 2021 Exam?
Ans: No, you cannot carry stationery items into the exam hall. All required stationary will be provided inside the exam hall.
Q. Can I wear shoes to SSC CGL Exam?
Ans: No, candidates must wear open slippers or sandals to the exam hall.
Share your thoughts/queries here!