The new SLAT 2021 test date has been announced by Symbiosis International University (SIU). Due to the present COVID-19 issue, SIU has extended the SLAT 2021 enrollment deadlines. Registration for SLAT 2021 closed on June 28, 2019. Instead of a center-based online examination, the SLAT 2021 entrance exam was held online from July 10 to July 12 with home proctoring.
The test was initially planned for June 27, 2021.
Candidates studying for the SLAT 2021 test should be aware of the fundamentals of the question paper and their preparation plan and materials to perform well in the exam. Learn how to prepare for the Legal Reasoning section for your upcoming SLAT test, as well as crucial components of the exam.
Legal Reasoning Preparation Strategy
- Awareness of the Syllabus is very crucial before you set yourself for the exam.
- Also, having an understanding type of questions that one is likely to encounter in the exam.
- Know the Time to be invested in solving each section.
- You would have to 30 questions in the Legal Reasoning, and 25 to 27mins should be invested diligently.
- No sectional bar and No Negative Marking are the two positive points and attempt 100% of the paper.
Legal Reasoning Preparation Approach
- Reading: Keep reading and read a lot and be a smart reader as you have to solve 1 question in a minute and be aware of all the legal terminologies.
- Content has to be Relevant: Newspaper, Articles, whatever you read should have relevance to your syllabus.
- Mentorship: Take a mentorship as laws are vast also, one must have a better understanding of the same so aspirants mentorship or guidance must be understood thoroughly.
- Questions: It may be fact-based or principal based; here, reading will help you a lot.
- Mock Tests: Appear Mocks and analyse these mocks to help you better understand your preparation.
- Focus on your Weakness: Students should devote extra effort to the weakest areas during the last round of SLAT preparation. Students typically concentrate on parts or subjects that they are familiar with. Candidates should spend a bit more time and effort on their weakest areas in order to improve them.
- Take reasonable Study breaks: Do not study continually; instead, take short breaks every now and again. As a result, you will be able to concentrate better. Every day, get 8 hours of sleep so that your mind is fresh when you sit down to prepare for the next day. Taking on a time-based task Mock test necessitates an active and relaxed mind, it is important to give your brain a break.
Legal Reasoning Syllabus for SLAT
- Contract Law: A significant section that includes a Valid Contract, Void Contract, offers a proposal.
- Law of Torts: Vicarious Liability, Damnum sine Injuria
- Indian Penal Code: Criminal Acts and Punishmishments
- Constitutional Law: Fundamentals Rights and Duties
- Intellectual Property: Trademarks, Copyright and Patents
- Miscellaneous: Partnership Act, Limitation act and International Law
Legal Reasoning Books for SLAT
- Verbal And Non-Verbal Reasoning Book by R.S. Aggarwal
- The Legal Awareness and Legal Reasoning for the CLAT and LL.B. Entrance Examinations (A.P. Bhardwaj)
- Thinking Like a Lawyer: A New Introduction to Legal Reasoning (Frederick Schauer)
- Pratiyogita Daman of Lucent’s Publications