What is Aadhaar Number? How Can i get my aadhar number?
Each individual needs to enroll only once which is free of cost. Each Aadhaar number will be unique to an individual and will remain valid for life. Aadhaar number will help you provide access to services like banking, mobile phone connections and other Govt and Non-Govt services in due course.
Aadhaar will be:
- Easily verifiable in an online, cost-effective way
- Unique and robust enough to eliminate the large number of duplicate and fake identities in government and private databases
- A random number generated, devoid of any classification based on caste, creed, religion and geography
WHAT AADHAAR IS
- A number(12 Digits)
- For every individual, including infants
- Enables identification, and is for every resident
- Will collect demographic and biometric information to establish uniqueness of individual
- For every resident, irrespective of existing documentation
- Each individual will be given a single unique ID number
- UIDAI will enable a universal identity infrastructure that any ID based application like ration card, passport etc. can use
- UIDAI will give a “Yes” or “No” response for any identification authentication queries
WHAT AADHAAR ISN’T
- Another Card One per family
- Establishes citizenship and is only for indians
- Will collect profiling information such as caste, religion, language
- Only for individuals who possess identification documents
- Individual can obtain multiple AADHAARs
- AADHAARs will replace all other IDs
- UIDAI information will be accessible to public and private agencies
Share your thoughts/queries here!