Stay Updated with Weekly Current Affairs (1st – 10th September)
- Weekly Current Affairs – 1st September to 10th September 2018
- PM Narendra Modi launched India Post Payments Bank (IPPB) on 1st September 2018.
- Justice Ranjan Gogoi appointed as next Chief Justice of India.
- 18th Asian Games Closing Ceremony at Jakarta
- Highlights of Asian Games 2018
- New President of Pakistan – Arif Alvi
- RBI’s Internal Ombudsman Scheme 2018
- India and US Sign the COMCASA Agreement on Sept 6, 2018
- Section 377 Verdict by Supreme Court: Homosexuality Leaglized
- Hriday Hazarika won gold in ISSF World Championship
- Global Mobility Summit “MOVE” inauguration at New Delhi
- Naomi Osaka, from Japan Wins Grand Slam Singles
- Daily Current Affair Notes
- Important Dates This Week:
Every competitive exam you come across, you have to prepare for Current affairs. More importantly, Current affairs is a subject that cannot be prepared in a day. You have to be updated on a regular basis to perform well in this topic. Hence we have introduced a new section of Weekly Current Affairs and the probable questions that can be asked from this section. Read along for latest current affairs.
Weekly Current Affairs – 1st September to 10th September 2018
The Weekly Current affairs for the first week of September 2018 is here below. Have a look at the topics to learn more about them.
You can also check the Daily News & Practice quizzes.
PM Narendra Modi launched India Post Payments Bank (IPPB) on 1st September 2018.
- IPPB or India Post Payment Bank launched shall have its headquarters in New Delhi.
- It is the payment bank in India having largest network with 650 Branches and 3250 access points.
Justice Ranjan Gogoi appointed as next Chief Justice of India.
- He will be taking the oath as Chief Justice of India on 3rd October 2018.
18th Asian Games Closing Ceremony at Jakarta
- China announced the Top scorer with 132 Golds
- India won 69 medals (15 gold, 24 silver and 30 bronze)’
- Rani Rampal, Captain of India’s Women Hockey Team was the flag bearer for closing ceremony of Asian Games 2018.
You can get all details of Asian Games 2018 from the link below:
New President of Pakistan – Arif Alvi
- He is a candidate of Pakistan Tehreek-e-Insaf (PTI) party.
- Arif Alvi took as the 13th President of Pakistan.
- He defeated his competitors Aitzaz Ahsan and Maulana Fazl ur Rehman.
RBI’s Internal Ombudsman Scheme 2018
- All scheduled commercial banks having more than 10 branches have to appoint an Internal Ombudsman.
- The IO shall be responsible for handling customer complaints due to deficiency of service on the part of the banks, that the bank rejects partially or wholly.
India and US Sign the COMCASA Agreement on Sept 6, 2018
- Communications Compatibility and Security Agreement (COMCASA)
- The agreement was signed by Indian Defence Minister Nirmala Sitharaman and Jame Mattis, US Secretary of Defence.
- This is one of the major agreement a country must sign to become the major defence partner of US.
- This agreement is valid for a span of 10 years.
Section 377 Verdict by Supreme Court: Homosexuality Leaglized
- A constitution bench of 5 judges of Supreme Court decriminalized homosexuality under Section 377 of Indian Penal code.
- The verdict was passed on 6th September 2018.
Hriday Hazarika won gold in ISSF World Championship
- He represented India in the International Shooting Sports Federation (ISSF) World Championship.
- Hazarika won gold in men’s 10 m Air Rifle Shooting.
Global Mobility Summit “MOVE” inauguration at New Delhi
- “MOVE” is India’s First Global Mobility Summit.
- Prime Minister Narendra Modi inaugurated the summit.
- It is an initiative to attract more investments in electrical vehicle manufacturing and also encourage people to use Public Transport.
Naomi Osaka, from Japan Wins Grand Slam Singles
- Osaka is the first Japanese to win Grand Slam Singles.
- She defeated Serena Williams in the US Open Finals by 6-2, 6-4.
Check out Daily News Updates below:
Important Dates This Week:
5th September – Teacher’s Day
5th September – International Charity Day
8th September – International Delivery Day (2018 was 52nd one)
You can also attempt Free Daily Quizzes for practice and test you GK knowledge:
These are the few updates on Current Affairs from the first week of September 2018. We will keep you aware of all the crucial events and activities happening every week. Subscribe to our notifications so that you don’t miss out the weekly current affairs.
Share your thoughts/queries here!