UPSC NDA-2 Eligibility Criteria 2019
- UPSC NDA-2 Eligibility Criteria 2019 Highlights
UPSC invites online applications in order to fill up 415 vacancies in Army, Navy and Air Force wings of the National Defence Academy (NDA) and Naval Academy (NA). The students who are interested in this recruitment are compulsory to satisfy the UPSC NDA-2 Eligibility Criteria.
UPSC NDA-2 Eligibility Criteria 2019 Highlights
UPSC conducts NDA & NA Exam, every year two times, that includes Written Examination as well as SSB Interview. The exam dates for the UPSC NDA-II 2019 Recruitment have been mentioned in this article.
Candidates who do not satisfy the eligibility conditions of UPSC NDA-2 fixed by the authorities will get their forms canceled at any stage of recruitment without any notice or intimation.
- The students applying for this recruitment must be Indian Citizens
- Only male candidates that are not married can register for this recruitment
- The date of birth filled in the application form is compulsory to match with that of mentioned in the Matriculation Certificates of the candidates
- The candidates applying for this recruitment must have their birthdays fall in between January 02, 2001 – January 01, 2004
- The candidates who are appearing in the 12th Class under the 10+2 pattern of School Education (or equivalent examination) can also register themselves for this examination
UPSC NDA-2 Eligibility Criteria 2019
The first rule of filling the UPSC NDA-II Application Form is to satisfy the eligibility conditions before submitting it. The students can read the detailed UPSC NDA-II Eligibility Criteria 2019 as follows:
Only those male candidates who are unmarried and born not earlier than 2nd January 2001 and not later than 1st January 2004 are eligible to apply for this recruitment.
|Age Limit||Age (years)|
|Minimum Age||15.7 years (not later than 1st January 2004)/ 16 years during the commencement of course|
|Maximum Age||18.7 years (not earlier than 2nd January 2001)/ 19 years during the commencement of course|
The students who are appearing in the 12th Class under the 10+2 pattern of School Education (or equivalent examination) can also register themselves for this examination.
- Those students who will clear the SSB interview but have not displayed their Original Matriculation/10+2 or equivalent certificate during the time of SSB interview shall positively forward duly self attested Photocopies to ‘Directorate General of Recruiting, Army HQ, West Block.III, R.K. Puram, New Delhi110066’ and for Naval Academy candidates to ‘Naval Headquarters, DMPR, OI&R Section, Room No. 204, ‘C’ Wing, Sena Bhavan, New Delhi-110011’ by June 24, 2020, failing which their candidature will be rejected
- The students who are appearing in the class 11 exams are not eligible to register for this examination
|NDA & NA II 2019||Educational Qualification|
|For Army Wing of National Defence Academy||12th Class pass of the 10+2 pattern of School Education (or equivalent examination) held by a State Education Board or a University.|
|For Air Force and Naval Wings of National Defence Academy and for the 10+2 Cadet Entry Scheme at the Indian Naval Academy||12th Class pass of the 10+2 pattern of School Education (or equivalent with Physics and Mathematics) held by a State Education Board or a University.|
All the students require to pass the eligibility criteria in terms of nationality. In order to be eligible for NDA 2019, an aspirant shall be either one of the following:
- A Tibetan refugee that transferred to India, before January 01, 1962, with the planning of settling here permanently
- Indian Citizen
- Subject of Nepal
- East African Countries of Kenya, Uganda, the United Republic of Tanzania (Formerly Tanganyika and Zanzibar ), Zambia, Malawi, Zaire, Ethiopia
- Sri Lanka
- Subject of Bhutan
UPSC NDA Physical Fitness Eligibility
There are some specific needs in terms of the physical fitness or characteristics which are compulsory to be fulfilled by all the aspirants during the time of submitting the NDA Application forms. The eligibility shall differ a bit in accordance with the job position for which the student is applying.
In any case, any student has withdrawn or resigned from any of the training academies of Armed Forces, on disciplinary grounds, they shall not be taken into consideration of being in the position to be eligible to apply for NDA 2019.
Check the following to know the required physical attributed in order to satisfy eligibility for this recruitment:
- In any situation where the student happens to be coming from a community where it is customary to have tattoo marks on the face or body, the authorities shall grant acceptance on a case to case basis, takin into consideration the traditions involved. The decision of the officials would be final in such cases
- The aspirant should make sure that any permanent body tattoos shall be there only on their inner side of the forearm. The officials of UPSC will not accept tattoos on the inside of elbow to the wrist and on the reverse side of palm/back (dorsal) side of the hand in any kind of circumstances or excuses. Permanent tattoos on the body are not acceptable
The candidates must not be suffering from any of the health issues mentioned below:
- Hydrocele / Phimosis
- Wax (ears)
- Condition of Overweight / Underweight
- Deviated Nasal Septum
Requirement for Height & Weight
Army & Air Force
The students shall note that the least height measurement specified is 157 cms (162.5 cms for Air Force). There are exceptional cases for some students on the basis of the region they come from. The details regarding the same have been discussed below.
|HEIGHT (IN CMS)||WEIGHT (IN KGS)|
|–||16-17 years||17-18 years||18-19 years|
The following table conveys the standards for recruitments in Navy:
|HEIGHT (IN CMS)||WEIGHT (IN KGS)|
|16 years||18 years||20 years|
In any situation the aspirant wants to acquire the position of pilot in the Air Force, the following conditions shall be kept in mind because of the constraints of the flying vehicle:
- Leg Length: Minimum of 99 cms and Maximum of 120 cms
- Thigh Length: Minimum is not applicable while Maximum of 64 cms
- Sitting Height: Minimum of 81.50 cms and Maximum of 96 cms\
In any situation, the presence of any of the following is being inspected in the candidate, they will be disqualified right away:
- The granulomatous disease of the spine
- Arthritis/spondylosis (Rheumatoid arthritis and allied disorders / Ankylosing spondylitis / Osteoarthrosis, spondylosis and degenerative joint disorders /Nonarticular rheumatism (e.g. lesions of the rotator cuff, tennis elbow, recurrent lumbago, etc.) & Miscellaneous diseases consisting of SLE, polymyositis, vasculitis.
- Compression fracture of vertebrae.
- SC Heuerman’s disorder (Adolescent kyphosis)
- Loss of cervical lordosis when related to clinically restricted movements of the cervical spine.
- Unilateral/Bilateral cervical ribs with demon stable neurological or circulatory deficit.
- Scoliosis exceeding 15 degrees as measured by Cobb’s method.
- Degenerative Disc. Disease.
- Presence of Schmorl’s nodes at exceeding one level.
- Atlanto-occipital and atlantoaxial anomalies.
- Hemi vertebrae and/or incomplete block (fused) vertebrae at any level in cervical, dorsal or lumbar spine and complete block (fused) vertebrae at more than one level in cervical or dorsal spine.
- Unilateral Sacralisation or lumbarisation (Complete or incomplete) at all levels and bilateral incomplete sacralisation or lumbarisation.
- Any other abnormality if so considered by the specialist.
In any situation, the following are found present in the candidate during the internal examination, they will be disqualified on the spot:
- The granulomatous disease of the spine.
- Arthritis / spondylosis
- Scoliosis more than 15 degrees as measured by Cobb’s Method (10 degrees for Army and Navy).
- More than mild Kyphosis/Lordosis
- Herniated nucleus purposes.
- Compression fracture of Vertebra.
- Sacralisation Disease
- Cervical ribs with demonstrable neurological or Circulatory deficit.
- Presence of Schmorl’s node at more than one level.
- Atlanto-occipital and atlanto-axial anomalies.
- Incomplete Sacralisation Unilateral or Bilateral
- Spina Bifida other than SV 1 and LV 5 if completely Sacralised
- Any other abnormality, if so considered by specialist
The distance vision of the student must be 6/6 in the better eye and 6/9 in the worse eye. Myopia shall not exceed 2.5 D and hypermetropia must not be more than 3.5 D, including Astigmatism.
- It should be kept in mind that an internal inspection of the eye will be conducted by means of an ophthalmoscope to extract any possibility of eye diseases. The students should have good binocular vision. The color vision standard for Army is (CP-III).
- The capability to identify red and green colors is extremely important. A certificate that neither the student nor any member of his/her family has suffered from congenital night blindness, shall be provided.
- Another point that needs to be taken into consideration is that students who have gone through the Radial Keratotomy, in order to improvise their visual acuity or Laser Surgery, will be definitely and permanently declined for all Services.
The details of the levels of the eyesight for different job positions are mentioned as follows:
|Uncorrected without glass||6/6||6/6, 6/9|
|Corrected with glass||6/6||6/6 (only for Hypermetropia)|
|Limits of Myopia||-0.75||Nil|
|Limits of Hypermetropia||+1.5||+2.00 D Sph|
|Limits of Colour Perception||I||Nil|
|Manifest Myopia||N.A.||Nil Re|
|Colour Vision||N.A.||CP-I (MLT)|
|Astigmatism||N.A.||+0.75 Cyl (within + 2.0 D.Max)|
|Near Vision||N.A.||N-5 each eye|
Other Miscellaneous Conditions
There are a few other physical criteria other than the ones which are mentioned above that students must satisfy. These conditions are specific to specific wings of defense forces.
- There must be no symptoms of a weak constitution or bodily defects.
- The candidates must have a well-developed chest; fully expanded chest shall not be less than 81cms. The least range of expansion after full inspiration must be 5 cms.
- There must be no mal-development or impairment of the function of the bones or joints.
- There must not be any past history of mental breakdown or fits.
- Normal hearing capabilities – The aspirants must be capable of hearing a forced whisper with each ear at a distance of 610 cms. in a quiet room.
- There shall not be any impediment of speech.
- Normal Blood Pressure with no signs of functional or organic disease of the heart and blood vessels.
- No enlargement of liver or spleen.
- No abnormality in urine examination
- No presence of any kind of skin disease, likely to cause disability or disfigurement
- No abnormalities in USG abdomen examination
- There must be a sufficient number of natural and sound teeth. A minimum of 14 dental points will be accepted.
- Routine ECG for Air Force candidates must fall within normal limits.
UPSC NDA 2019 Exam Dates
The candidates who wish to be a part of the UPSC NDA Recruitment shall check the following table in order to know the important dates regarding the same:
|Date of Notification||August 07, 2019|
|Date of Upload||August 07, 2019|
|Last Date to apply online||September 03, 2019 (by 6.00 PM)|
|Date of Commencement of Examination||November 17, 2019|
|Duration of Examination||One Day|
Share your thoughts/queries here!