UPSC CDS Recruitment Notification 2019 | Apply for CDS-2 2019 Now!
Combined Defence Services (CDS) exam is organized by Union Public Service Commission for the entrance to the Defence forces. In CDS Notification candidates check the exam date, vacancy, selection process and other details related to exam-
- CDS 2 examination consists of 3 papers of English, General awareness and Mathematics.
- Candidates selected through CDS 2 applying for Army or Air Force will join Indian Military Academy (Dehradun) and the candidate’s applying for Navy will join Indian Naval Academy (INA Ezhimala).
- There are a total of 412 vacancies out through the UPSC 2019 official notification.
UPSC CDS Notification Highlights 2019
|Name of organization||UPSC Combined Defence Service|
|Job Role||Defence services|
|Starting Date to Apply||June 12, 2019|
|Last Date to Apply||July 08, 2019|
|Qualification||Degree in Science Stream/ Engineering|
|Selection Process for CDS 2||Written Exam & Personal Interview|
|Application Fees||SC/ST/PWD/Female-Nil, For others-200/-|
|Date of Exam||September 08, 2019|
|Date of Result||December 2019 (Tentatively)|
CDS Notification 2019 Eligibility Criteria
Candidates have to fulfill the eligibility criteria based on the official notification of UPSC CDS:
- Candidates with a graduation degree from recognized university or institute can apply for IMA and OTA.
- However, for INA candidates must have a degree of Engineering from the recognized university or institute.
- For AFA candidates who passed 12th (Physics and Mathematics) and completed their degree of engineering, both can apply.
Age Limit Criteria:
- The unmarried candidates who are born not earlier than July 2, 1996, and not later than July 01, 2001 are only eligible for the post of IMA and INA.
- Male candidates who born not earlier than July 02, 1995, and not later than July 01, 2001 are eligible for the post of OTA.
- For the post of AFA, the age limit is between 20-24 years which is relaxable up to 26 years.
- For SSC Women (Non-Technical Course) candidates for the post of OTA the age limit would not earlier than July 02, 1995, and not later than July 01, 2001.
- Age relaxation is applicable as per the rules of the Authority.
Candidates must either be:
- Citizen of India, or
- The subject of Bhutan, or
- The subject of Nepal, or
- A Tibetan refugee who came over to India before the 01st January 1962 with the intention of permanently setting in India, or
- The person of India origin who has migrated from Pakistan, Burma, Sri Lanka and East African Countries of Kenya, Uganda, the United Republic of Tanzania, Zambia, Malawi, Zaire, and Ethiopia or Vietnam with the intention of permanently setting in India. Provided that a candidate belonging to categories (ii), (iii), (iv) and (v) above shall be a person in whose favor a certificate of eligibility has been issued by the Govt of India.
- Certificate of eligibility will, however, not be necessary in the case of candidates who are Gorkha subjects of Nepal.
- A candidate in whose case a certificate of eligibility is necessary may be admitted to the examination provisionally subject to the necessary certificate being given to him/her by the Govt. before the declaration of result by UPSC.
However, the candidates must have to be physically fit according to physical standards for admission to Combined Defence Services Examination (CDS 2), 2019 as per guidelines are given in Appendix-IV.
Exam Fee Details for CDS 2
- The candidates who belong to the category from SC/ST and PWD do not have to pay any Exam Fee for CDS 2.
- Female candidates are also eligible for not to pay the Exam Fee for the CDS Exam.
- The candidates who are from the other category have to pay the amount of RS. 200/- as Exam fee.
- Although the candidates, who opt for “Pay by Cash” mode should print the system generated Pay in-slip during Part-II registration and deposit the fee at the counter of SBI Branch on the next working day only.
For the selection in any of the post of CDS, candidates have to go through with below 2 levels-
- Written Exam
- Personality Test
The selection of the candidates takes place on the basis of the merit subject to the medical test and on the basis of a total number of vacancies.
CDS Exam Pattern
The subjects of the written examination, the time allowed and the maximum marks allotted to each subject are mentioned below post-wise-
- The questions are in Objective type of nature.
- The question papers for GK and maths will be set in bilingually in both Hindi and English.
|Name of the Post||English||General Knowledge||Mathematics|
|INA, IMA, AFA||Time: 2 Hours||Time: 2 Hours||Time: 2 Hours|
|Marks: 200||Marks: 200||Marks: 200|
|OTA||Time: 2 Hours||Time: 2 Hours||–|
|Marks: 200||Marks: 200|
CDS 2019 Exam Centers
Note: There would be a ceiling on the number of candidates allotted to each of the centers except Chennai, Delhi, Dispur, Kolkatta, and Nagpur.
For the others, the exam will be held on following Centers:
Share your thoughts/queries here!