UGAT Syllabus 2018 – Check Important topics for AIMA UGAT Exam
UGAT Syllabus 2018 – Get here Section-wise topics to Prepare for Under Graduate Aptitude Test or UGAT exam as per the latest exam pattern
UGAT Syllabus 2018
Under Graduate Aptitude Test (UGAT) is a national level entrance test conducted by AIMA or All India Management Association annually to select the candidates for various under graduate programs such as BBA, BCA, BHM, Integrated MBA (IMBA) etc.UGAT bulletin is brought out along with the UGAT form and profiles of the institutes/colleges/universities accepting UGAT score for information of the candidates. It gives wide visibility of the institutes among potential candidates. The candidates are given the option to indicate any five of the participating institutes/colleges/universities. The data and score of the candidates are provided to the institutes/colleges/universities indicated by the candidates. In addition, candidates are provided individual score card, which can be produced to any institute.
Institutes or colleges and universities can decide on the cut-off score for admission or for further screening based on the number of seats available.
UGAT Selection Process
The selection procedure varies from institute to institute. All the application forms will be scrutinized and suitable candidates fulfilling the above eligibility criteria for a particular course will be selected.The selection procedure of UGAT is based only on the entrance test.Candidate has the option to select the mode of the test as paper based test or computer based test.
UGAT 2018 Exam
The tentative date for UGAT 2018 is 12th May.
The minimum qualification is 10+2 or equivalent from a recognized board with minimum 50% marks. Candidates appearing / appeared in 10+2 can also apply.
The aspirant should be at least 17 years of age while appearing for the exam
Important Dates for UGAT 2018
|Online Application Announced||2nd January 2018|
|Last date for online registration||4th May 2018|
|Last Date for Online Filling-up/ Purchase of Form||2nd May 2018|
|Last Date for Submission of duly completed Printout of Registration Form||4th May 2018|
|Admit Card Availability||5th May 2018|
|Date of Exam||12th May 2018|
|Declaration of Result||June 2018|
How to Apply for UGAT 2018:
Candidate can choose any ONE of the following modes to apply:
- Purchase the UGAT Bulletin with the Registration Form against cash payment of 650/- (Rs six hundred fifty only) from listed Institutes or from AIMA, Lodhi Road New Delhi.
- Register online at website link; https://apps.aima.in/Ugat2018 with Credit Card or Debit Card (ATM Card) payment of 650/-. (Rs six hundred fifty only). Detailed procedure is given on the website link.
- Register online at website link: https://apps.aima.in/Ugat2018 by making payment of 650/- (Rs six hundred fifty only) through Net Banking. Detailed Procedure is given at the website link.
Register online at website link; https://apps.aima.in/Ugat2018 along with a Demand Draft of 650/- (Rs six hundred fifty only) in favour of ‘All India Management Association’ payable at Delhi.
UGAT Exam Pattern :
The duration of the exam is 2 hours and 1 mark is awarded for each correct and 0.25 mark is deducted for incorrect answer. The test pattern for IMBA, BBA, and BCA is as follows:
|Subjects||No. of Questions||Max. Marks|
|Numerical and Data Analysis||30||30|
|Reasoning and General Intelligence||30||30|
Aspirants who have applie for the BHM course will be asked the questions from Service Aptitude & Scientific Aptitude
|The study material and test series of LegalEdge-Top Rankers for UGAT should be the best way to prepare of UGAT. LegalEdge has a very good alumni base in the Nirma University with many students having cleared UGAT via their study material and test series.|
UGAT Syllabus 2018 – English Language :
- Reading Comprehension
- Verbs and proverbs
- Articles direct and indirect speech
- Sentence formation
- Adverbs grammar
- Reading comprehension
- Verbal reasoning and verbal ability
Numerical and Data Analysis (Quant) Syllabus :
- Numeric calculations
- Linear equations
- Basic properties of sets and groups
- Coordinate systems
- Tensors and transformation
- Arithmetic and Geometric Progression
Reasoning and Intelligence Syllabus :
- Coding & Decoding
- Visual reasoning
- Pie Chart
- Strong Arguments and Weak Arguments
- Multi-dimensional arrangements
- Course of Action
- Graphs representing Area
- Family tree
- Numeric grid
- Blood Relations
- Critical Reasoning
- Statement Conclusions
- Column graphs
UGAT Syllabus 2018 – General Knowledge :
- General awareness
- Current affairs
- Social development
- Awards and Honor
- Static GK
Recommended Books for UGAT 2018 Preparation:
- Books by Arun Sharma and RS Agarwal are good for quant and reasoning.
- Lucent’s GK for General Awareness
- A Comprehensive Grammar of the English Language by Randolph Quirk, Geoffrey Leech, Jan Svar
- Word Power Made Easy New Revised & Expanded Edition by Norman Lewis
- Higher Algebra by Hall, Knight
Hope this article on UGAT Syllabus 2018 was informative and useful. Stay tuned for more updates.
Share your thoughts/queries here!