TS PGLCET Syllabus 2018 – Check Latest Syllabus and Exam Pattern Here
- TS PGLCET Syllabus
- What is TS PGLCET all about?
- TS PGLCET Exam Pattern
- Detailed TS PGLCET Syllabus
- Qualifying Marks for the Exam
- TS PGLCET Test Centers
- Some Important Points to Remember about TS PGLCET Exam
TS PGLCET Syllabus – Check the detailed syllabus of TS PGLCET exam 2018 as per the latest pattern. Get TS PGLCET exam pattern and important points before attempting the exam.
TS PGLCET Syllabus
Telangana State Post Graduate Law Common Entrance Test (TS PGLCET) 2018 will be conducted by Osmania University. All the candidates who wish to attempt the exam must be searching for the TS PGLCET syllabus. If you are seeking for the syllabus of TS PGLCET, then you have come to the right place. Clearing this exam will open a box of benefits for all the candidates as the applicants will be able to get admission in the Post Graduate Law courses. TS PGLCET 2018 is the entrance exam which is held for admission to all the courses of L.L.M.
So the candidates will have to do the preparation accordingly. So, it is very important for the candidates to know TS PGLCET 2018 Syllabus because the questions will be framed on the basis of the syllabus.
What is TS PGLCET all about?
TS PGLCET is a state level examination which is conducted for all those candidates who wish to pursue their post graduation in law courses offered by the institutes of Telangana state. It is conducted by Kakatiya University on behalf of TSCHE (Telangana State Council of Higher Education).
TS PGLCET Exam Pattern
As per the exam pattern of the TS PGLCET till date, there are a total of 120 questions which are divided into 2 main parts – Part A and Part B and with each part carrying a set number of questions and marks as given in the table below.
|S.No.||Part||Part Topics||Number of Questions||Total questions per part||Total marks per part|
|2.||B||Public International Law||16||80||80|
|Crimes and Torts||16|
|IPR and other laws||16|
Detailed TS PGLCET Syllabus
Knowing the syllabus of any exam is the first and foremost step to crack that exam. The right set information about the syllabus is most necessary. We have shared the complete syllabus of TS PGCLET 2018 in this article for the the ease of the candidates.
- One entrance test is conducted for all the courses of LL.M. Its duration is 90 minutes and consists of 120 questions of 1 mark each.
- The candidates are expected to be thorough in the related topics of Jurisprudence, Constitutional law, Public International law, Mercantile law, Labour laws, Crimes and Torts, IPR & other laws. Although, students need to concentrate on the following
It consists of a total of 40 questions: 40 Marks (One mark for each question).
Jurisprudence: 20 Questions – 20 marks
Schools of Jurisprudence – Sources of Law, Custom Precedent and Legislation, Rights and Duties – Ownership and Possession, Persons, Obligation, Property, Liability, Legal Sanctions
Nature of Constitution – Directive Principles of State Policy, Fundamental Rights, Executive Judiciary and Legislature, Centre-State Relations, Emergency provisions, Amendments to the constitution.
Constitutional Law: 20 Questions – 20 marks
It consists the total of 80 questions – 80 Marks (One mark for each question)
Public International Law: 16 Questions – 16 marks
Subjects of International Law, Municipal and International Law, State Territory, Air, Sea and outer space, Nationality and Statelessness, Extradition, Asylum, State Jurisdiction, United Nations.
Merchantile Law: 16 Questions – 16 marks
General Principles of Contract (Sections. 1-75, Indian Contract Act-1872).
Labour Law: 16 Questions – 16 marks
Trade Union Act 1926. Industrial Disputes Act 1947
Crimes and Torts: 16 Questions – 16 marks
Indian Penal Code -General Principles & General Exceptions. TORTS: General principles of Tort, Defences, Joint liability, State liability for torts; Consumer Protection Act,1986
IPR & Other Laws: 16 Questions – 16 marks
Copyright Act, 1957; Patents Act, 1970; Environment (Protection) Act, 1986; Human Rights, The Protection of Human Rights Act, 1993, Salient features of Information Technology Act, 2000 and Right to Information Act 2005
Note: The above exam pattern and syllabus is as per the 2017 exam pattern and one can expect a slight change in the same in the coming years.
Qualifying Marks for the Exam
In TS PGLCET 2017, candidates had to mark atleast 25% of the 120 questions (30 marks out of 120) correctly to be eligible for the TS PGLCET Result and obtain a position in the TS PGLCET Rank Card. SC/ST candidates did not have any minimum qualifying marks.
TS PGLCET Test Centers
In the year 2017, the exam was conducted in three cities of Telangana State. The list is given below:
|S.No||Exam Centres for TS PGLCET 2017|
Some Important Points to Remember about TS PGLCET Exam
- TS PGLCET 2017 was held in an offline mode in the pen and paper format. Candidates were asked to carry a black or blue ball point pen with them to the TS PGLCET Exam Centre.
- Candidates will be provided with one Optical Mark Reader (OMR) sheet to mark the correct answers. They have to only shade their selected option with the black/blue ballpoint pen.
- Students will not be provided with a second OMR sheet for any reason. They would have to make sure that it does not get folded, or inappropriately mark on their given OMR sheet.
- Candidates are not allowed to leave the exam hall before the completion the exam time in 2017’s exam.
We hope that you gathered all the important information on TS PGLCET Syllabus. Stay tuned for more updates!
Share your thoughts/queries here!