Toppers Guide to Crack CLAT 2018 – Tips, Tricks and Strategies for CLAT 2018
Toppers Guide to Crack CLAT 2018 – Tips, Tricks and Strategies to crack CLAT 2018
Toppers Guide to Crack CLAT 2018
CLAT Application Form 2018 will be released in January 2018. Candidates can get into the best law schools and universities through CLAT if they have a good score. Common Law Admission Test is an all India entrance examination conducted to get into any of the 18 National Law Universities. There are 18 national law universities accepting the CLAT Scores, however, there are more than 36 private universities who accept the CLAT scores and provide admission to law courses based on CLAT scores. NUALS Kochi (The National University of Advanced Legal Studies Kochi) will conduct CLAT 2018 in the month of May 2018.
Examination Paper Pattern for CLAT 2018:
The exam paper will comprise of questions from different categories. The paper-pattern for CLAT UG and PG courses is given below:
|Subjects||Number of Questions||Maximum Marks|
|English including Comprehension||40 Questions||40 Marks|
|General Knowledge and Current Affairs||50 Questions||50 Marks|
|Elementary Mathematics (Numerical Ability)||20 Questions||20 Marks|
|Legal Aptitude||50 Questions||50 Marks|
|Logical Reasoning||40 Questions||40 Marks|
|Total||200 Questions||200 Marks|
CLAT PG Entrance Exam 2018 Exam Pattern:
The entrance tests were held in online mode across various Indian cities
CLAT PG test pattern 2017 –
|Sections||Type of Questions||No. of questions||Marks per question|
|Constitutional Law||Long Essay Type Descriptive||2||25|
|Jurisprudence||Long Essay Type Descriptive||2||25|
|Other law subjects||Multiple Choice Questions||50||1|
Subjects to be asked in CLAT PG Entrance Exam 2018 :
Law of Contracts, Law of Torts, Criminal Law, International Law, Family Law, Property Law and Intellectual Property Law, etc.
General Strategy as part of English Preparation Tips for CLAT 2018: Toppers Guide to Crack CLAT 2018
1. Just like the age old proverb, ‘Rome was not built in a day’, similarly English language cannot be learned in a day and you need to read more to become an expert.
2. Read More to Improve language. Read Books, Magazines, Newspapers and Novels to enhance your vocabulary.
4. Study the basics of grammar and this can be done even from school level grammar books to strengthen your basics. However, you need to get your grammar right and fix the mistakes to secure a good rank in CLAT 2018.
6. Read the Newspaper editorial and opinion columns to improve your English. The English used in Newspaper editorials and opinion columns is good enough to improve your English. There are a number of esteemed publications that can be of great help in your CLAT 2018 journey.
7. Cloze test has become a very important part of the section and do not forget to prepare for cloze test.
How to Prepare Logical Reasoning for CLAT 2018? : Toppers Guide to Crack CLAT 2018
- Classification: Easiest to solve
- Arrange words in Logical Order: Most candidates get this right if you know ABCD alphabets quite well. This is mere arrangement that can be build with good observation.
- Syllogism: Draw Venn Diagrams to avoid confusion. Read questions well to avoid mistakes as sometimes questions are tricky
- Verbal Analogies: A good Vocabulary will help you solve this section. Try to find the relationship between the two words in the right context.
- Analysis Judgment: It requires critical thinking and needs a lot time to solve. Questions include blood relation, Direction, Height and Sequence. Only good practice can help you to solve this quickly.
- Numerical Operations: Numerical Operations are easy if you are well versed with the formula.
- Coding-Decoding: Coding-Decoding are very tricky questions and need time to solve.
- Non- Verbal Reasoning: Pictorial Analogies, Symbol series, symbolic operations, numeric patterns, spatial relations, space visualizations, Spatial Reasoning, mirror image and space image are examples of questions. Preparation will be of great help.
- Matrix and puzzles: The sections tests your unusual and creative ways of solving problems. It is difficult and time consuming. Preparation will be of great help.
General Knowledge Preparation Tips: Toppers Guide to Crack CLAT 2018
General Knowledge can be easy and scoring if you are well prepared. General Awareness and General Knowledge does not require critical thinking like quantitative aptitude or reasoning. If you are well updated with current affairs, you will be able to solve this section quickly.
Elementary Mathematics: Toppers Guide to Crack CLAT 2018
Elementary Mathematics is school level mathematics until 12th Standard. Considering the fact that you are writing a CLAT exam, the level of difficulty of mathematics will be less. However, you must not ignore this section as it is essential to score well in this section. Being, a CLAT aspirant you will be good in English language and even legal aptitude if you have the exposure. However, if you do not brush up mathematics you will be left behind.
Preparation Tips for Legal Aptitude for CLAT 2018: Toppers Guide to Crack CLAT 2018
Legal aptitude continues to be the most important section of CLAT 2018. Important book references for this would be Constitution of India and Legal Penal Code. You can also refer to other books. Refer to books on subjects like “Most commonly used legal terms” and “legal glossary terms”. It is very important to understand legal terms and most commonly used terms. It is also good to read law magazines and have a more legal perspective on issues or have more legal opinion on issues that matter. Be well aware of important articles in the constitution, indian Penal code, Legal Know How, and Legal DIY, RTI, etc.
Stay tuned for more Toppers Guide to Crack CLAT 2018!
Share your thoughts/queries here!