Top 10 things you should do to crack SSC CGL Exam
Combined Graduate Level Examination is one of the most sought-after exams among students after their graduation. There are 10 most important things that will help you in clearing SSC CGL 2016 exam.
- SSC CGL exam selection process
Student must be well versed with the CGL examination selection process. The CGL 2016 Selection process has three major steps which are mentioned below for your better understanding.
- Tier I Examination
- Tier II Examination
- Personal Interview
- Know about the CGL 2016 Examination Exam pattern thoroughly: It is an offline mode exam which comprises of 200 questions that are to be attempted in 2 hours of time. The given below table simplifies CGL examination 2016 exam pattern for you:
|Exam Type||Major sections; marks allotted and total questions asked|
|Tier- I Exam||1. English Comprehension: 50 marks; 50 questions
2. General Awareness: 50 marks; 50 questions
3. Quantitative Aptitude: 50 marks; 50 questions
4. Logical Reasoning: 50 marks; 50 questions
|Tier –II Exam||1. Statistics: 200 marks; 100 questions
2. Quantitative Abilities: 200 marks; 100 questions
3. English Comprehension: 200 marks; 100 questions
- Cracking CGLE General Awareness section: It is important to fill yourself with latest updates and current affair topics to strengthen and score well in it.
- CGLE English comprehension section and scoring good marks in it: This section is very scoring so, you must practice topics like:
- Sentence correction/re-arrangement,
- Jumbled sentences
- Grammar check
- Comprehension passages
- CGLE Quantitative Aptitude section tips and tricks: This section tests your basic concepts of mathematics and logics so, get well versed with the mathematics up to 10th class.
- CGLE Logical Reasoning Section- How to prepare well: One must practice vital topics like:
- Blood relations,
- Word and Number series,
- Statement and conclusions
- Logical deductions
- Manage Time well: Start your preparation soon so that you make a good time allocation scheme for each and every section.
- Practice a lot: Solve online mock tests and previous year question papers timely to know about your weak points.
- Work on the basic concepts: Your must really work on all elemental basics and principles especially for mathematical and logical sections.
- Study material: Pick up good study material and books that not only knowledgeable but are also brimmed with sample practice papers.
It is just an adage that one cannot crack CGLE 2016 in first attempt.
Share your thoughts/queries here!