Top 10 Law Entrance Exams in India
Top 10 Law Entrance Exams in India: Complete list of important exams to get into law school of repute
Top 10 Law Entrance Exams in India
Candidates have begun to find law as a lucrative career option with several candidates taking law entrance test . Law is lucrative career option to many because the dearth of lawyers has made many people to take up this profession.
Working as a lawyer requires good English language skills and a good legal aptitude and understanding or legal concepts. Its also exciting to be a lawyer today given the ample amount of opportunities that are opening up for lawyers in companies, government, media and other places.
We look at top 10 Law entrance exams that will help you realize your dreams of becoming a lawyer.
- CLAT: CLAT remains one of the most popular law exams taken by law aspirants. CLAT, also known as the Common Law Entrance Test is a centralized admission test to get admission into 18 national law universities in India. There were more than 45,000 test takers for CLAT in 2015. It is to get into the 3 year BA LLB course. Candidates should have completed 12th Standard or Senior Secondary exam to be eligible to write the exam.
- All India Law Entrance Test (AILET): All India Law Entrance Test is conducted exclusively to get admission to the NLU or National Law Universty, Delhi. It is to gain admission into BA LLB, LLM and PhD admissions.
- Law School Admission Test (LSAT): Law School admission test is a test of reading and verbal reasoning skills conducted four times every year designed to get admission for LLB and LLM admissions in institutions of repute. LSAT scores are accepted by reputed institutions like Rajiv Gandhi School of Intellectual Property Law, IIT Kharagpur Law School, Galgotias University Law School, Jindal Global Law School, UPES Dehradun and Amity Law School and many more.
- Army Institute of Law Entrance Test or AIL Entrance Test: Army Institute of Law (AIL) Mohali, Punjab conducts entrance test in liaison with The Punjabi University, Patiala for Integrated BA LLB and LLM admission.
- Symbiosis Entrance Test (SET): Symbiosis Entrance Test is a common written entrance test for admission into Under graduate Law courses into Symbiosis Law Schools located in Pune and Noida. The symbiosis University offers 300 seats into its five year integrated LLB courses and about 60 seats for its three year law admissions. Symbiosis is a private institute, recognized by the government.
- BVP CET for LAW: Bharati Vidyapeeth Common Entrance Test or the BVP CET Law exam is a pencil-paper entrance exam conducted to get admission into the various undergraduate law courses for LLB, BA LLB and BBA LLB into the colleges affiliated with the BVP university.
- Delhi University Law Entrance Exam: Delhi University Law Entrance Test is conducted by Delhi university for admission into various law programmes run by the Law department of Delhi University for admissions into LLB and LLM.
- AMU Law Entrance Exam: Aligarh Muslim University Law Entrance Examination is conducted by Aligarh Muslim University or BA LLB admissions. AMU has various centers or branches like AMU Aligarh, AMU Malappuram and AMU Murshidabad.
- BHU UET: Banaras Hindu University Undergraduate Entrance Test BHU UET is conducted by Banaras Hindu University for students who wish to pursue courses in several courses like Commerce, Education, Science, arts and law.
- All India Bar Exam: All India Bar Examination is conducted by the Bar Council of India to start practicing as a lawyer. The exam is only for those who have completed the law course and not for those who are seeking admission into law courses. The examination tests the ability of the law graduate and his or her basic understanding of law to be able to practice as a lawyer. Law graduate is awarded with “Certificate of Practice” by the Bar Council of India
Stay tuned for more updates on Top 10 Law Entrance Exams in India!
Share your thoughts/queries here!