Time Management tips for SBI PO Prelims and Mains Exam 2017
Time management is the key to achieve success in any field of life. Even, in the preparation of competitive exams, time management plays a crucial role. Some exams like Banking, SSC, IAS etc need an effective time management plan. Mere formation of a time management plan would not suffice. We must strictly adhere to it.
State Bank of India – Probationary Officer( SBI PO) is the most reputed exam in the banking industry. There are a lot of aspirants who aim for SBI jobs as Clerks, PO’s etc. But due to lack of proper time allocation plan, most of them are unable to qualify the exam.
Here I present an effective time managent strategy for SBI PO exam. SBI PO is conducted in two stages: Prelims and Mains
Regular and sincere preparation is the key to cracking any exam.Effective time management can be done only if you know your strong and weak areas. To overcome weak areas, you need to practice regularly.
Let us discuss the time management tips for SBI PO Prelims exam:
SBI PO Prelims exam is the first stage to qualify for the main exam. You need to secure a minimum marks in each section to enter the next round. A total of 100 questions will be asked from the following sections as mentioned below. The time duration of SBI PO prelims online test is 1 hour.
- English Language
- Reasoning Ability
- Quantitative Aptitude
- Attempt scoring sections first. Do not waste time in time consuming sections.
- Do not spend to much time in English section.
- Attempt at least 25-30 questions from each section.
- The prelims paper is of 60 minutes duration. You have to solve 100 questions in this time period. Assign a time limit for each question and stick to it.
- Make sure that you get some extra time to solve the Numerical part.
- Taking online mock test papers will help you in framing a proper time management plan.
The prelims exam for SBI PO 2017 will be held in the first week of July. The result will be declared on 18 July. The mains will be held on 31st july for which admit card will be given for each qualified candidate.
Let us discuss the time management tips for SBI PO Mains exam:
SBI PO mains syllabus 2017 will consist of a total of 155 questions for 200 marks from 4 sections . In addition there is a descriptive type test also will take place for 50 marks.
- General/banking awareness
- Reasoning and Computer Aptitude
- Quantitative Aptitude
Tips for Objective paper:
- Solve SBI PO online test series to get an idea of your peparation level.
- Note down all the important formulas and memorize it.
- GK and Computer aptitude is the scoring section. Make sure you are updated with the imporant general knowledge and current affairs.
- Solve the sections which you are strong first.
- Give more time to data analysis and interpretation section as you need to solve it with care.
Tips for Descriptive paper:
- It will consist of letter writing and essay of 30 minutes.
- Stick to the word limit.
- Be short, precise and expressive.
- Use a dictionary to improve your vocabulary.
Finally, you should reach at least 45 minutes before at the examination venue. Sleep properly and take good food before taking the exam. Wishing all the aspirants good luck for SBI PO exam.
TopRankers Online Test-Series
Share your thoughts/queries here!