Time Management Tips for IBPS Clerk Mains
- Time Management Tips for IBPS Clerk Mains
- Know your exam – Time Management Tips for IBPS Clerk Mains
- The pattern of IBPS Clerk Mains Examination
- Tips and Strategies – Time Management Tips for IBPS Clerk Mains
- Calculate the Total Time you have in Hands
- Reasoning – Time Management Tips for IBPS Clerk Mains
- Quantitative aptitude – Time Management Tips for IBPS Clerk Mains
- English Language – Time Management Tips for IBPS Clerk Mains
Tips to remember – Time Management Tips for IBPS Clerk Mains
Time Management Tips for IBPS Clerk Mains
Time management tips for IBPS Clerk mains is the key factor to work upon for cracking IBPS Clerk Mains Exam and same goes for every other exams. As far as I have seen Students doing Good/Bad is always subjected to proper Time management. One who will analyse the time management tips for IBPS Clerk Mains and work on it, will definitely do well while other keeps on wondering How? IBPS Clerk mains is easy to crack if you are clear with your basics. As Selection in this IBPS clerk depends on the marks scored in mains, no interview is conducted in the IBPS Clerk Exam.
It is very important to prepare well for the exam. We are sure you would be looking for useful advice for your preparation. Thus the smart way to prepare for this is what we are sharing with you.
Know your exam – Time Management Tips for IBPS Clerk Mains
It is important to know the exact exam pattern and syllabus for IBPS clerk before appearing for the same. You would really do well if you are aware of the format and the interface of IBPS clerk mains.
The pattern of IBPS Clerk Mains Examination
|Sections||No. of Questions||No. of Marks|
|2. Numerical Aptitude||40||40|
|4. General Awareness||40||40|
|Total Composite time:- 120 minutes = 2 hours|
I. Reasoning Ability – 40 Qs
The questions are of moderate level in the previous year’s IBPS clerk mains. The details of the syllabus for IBPS clerk exam are as follows –
1. Syllogism – 5Qs
2. Inequality – 5 Qs
3. Data Sufficiency – 5 Qs
4. Sitting Arrangement (Circular) – 5 Qs
5. Linear Arrangement – 5 Qs
6. Number Series Arrangement – 5 Qs
7. Miscellaneous – 5 Qs
8. Coding Decoding – 5 Qs.
II. Numerical Ability – 40 Qs
The questions are of moderate level in thes IBPS clerk mains. Two sets of Data Interpretation questions are asked and the level of the questions are easy and doable. But simplification & Miscellaneous questions are lengthy & calculative. The details of the syllabus for IBPS clerk mains are as follows;
1. Number Series – 5 Qs
2. Data Interpretation – 2 Sets (Table & Pie Chart) – 10 Qs
3. Simplification / Approximate – 10 Qs
4. Miscellaneous Questions – 15 Qs
III. English Language – 40 Qs
The questions are of easy level in the IBPS clerk mains. Reading Comprehension, Cloze Test & Para jumbles questions are on Story based and of an easy level. The details of this section of IBPS Clerk syllabus are as follows ;
1. Reading Comprehension – 10 Qs
2. Para Jumbles – 5 Qs
3. Spotting Error – 5 Qs
4. Cloze Test – 10 Qs
5. Fill in the blanks – 5 Qs
6. Sentence Improvement – 5 Qs
IV. General Awareness – 40 Qs
The section is easy and scoring in the IBPS clerk mains. The questions are of basic level. Here are the details of General Awareness section
1. Current Affairs – 25+ Qs
2. Banking Awareness – 8–10 ( Find out more about banking awareness)
3. Static – 5–6 Qs
V. Computer Section – 40 Qs
This section in IBPS clerk mains is based on basic knowledge of computers. Questions are very easy. The main areas from which questions are asked are MS Office, Application Software, Hardware, Software, and Input-Output Units. For more details about the syllabus of computer awareness for IBPS clerk exam 2017, click here
Tips and Strategies – Time Management Tips for IBPS Clerk Mains
- The average attempt bar have been ranged between 145 and 165 for IBPS clerk mains. The level of difficulty will be same for this year, too.
- Do not waste much time on any one section.
- In the beginning, start with the section that is less time consuming and can be performed in few minutes that is COMPUTER.
- Next, approach to the section you are comfortable with.
- First to take up sections like – Computer, General awareness, and English. Thereafter Reasoning and Numerical Aptitude. This will avoid confusions and you will be able to move hassle free
Calculate the Total Time you have in Hands
IBPS Clerk exam paper has 200 questions of 200 marks. You have only 135 minutes to solve all the questions.
So logically, you have 40.5 seconds per question. If you spend a total of 10 minutes in switching between questions, and another 25 minutes in reading questions, you are left with 105 minutes to handle 200 questions. This means you are effectively left with 31 – 32 seconds to understand and solve the each question.
Now that there are sectional time limits in the exam. Also, remember that wrong answers carry a penalty of 0.25 marks assigned to that question. So let us look at the section-wise as well as overall time management tips for IBPS exam. These are the Time Management Tips for IBPS Clerk Mains exam:
Reasoning – Time Management Tips for IBPS Clerk Mains
- the reasoning section of IBPS Clerk mains Exam is a bit trickier and time consuming with a total of 40 questions.
- Each question is valued 1.25 marks.
- The level of difficulty is high for few questions than the rest. So, First try to work out the easier questions.
- Start with easier topics like ; Coding decoding, Arrangements and patterns, Code inequalities , Blood relations, Ordering and ranking and Direction and distance.
- Do not try to solve puzzle in the beginning . Leave it for the end.
- If you follow the above instructions and prepare well, You can easily solve 15 – 20 Qs/20 Mins.
- Most importantly, Do not take too long in one single question. If you are not able to solve it, quickly move to the next question.
Quantitative aptitude – Time Management Tips for IBPS Clerk Mains
- Quantitative aptitude is said to be the trickiest of all the sections with a total of 40 questions.
- Each question is for 1.25 marks.
- Questions related to Number System, Simplification, Geometry, Probability, Data Interpretation, Average, Percentage, Interest, Ratio & Proportion, Algebra, Profit & Loss, Time & Work, Time Speed & Distance, Number Series, etc. are asked in this section.
- Start with the easier sections such as; Data interpretation, Simplification and Quadratic equations.
- Do not spend more than 35 – 40 seconds to understand the question pattern of Number series.
- Boat and Stream questions are straightforward, try to solve it mentally.
- To solve mixture problems, Use rule of allegation instead of proceeding step by step.
- The trick is to prepare well with topic-specific formulae and concepts.
- Guess-work will only waste your time and fetch you negative marks.
English Language – Time Management Tips for IBPS Clerk Mains
- This section of the test examine the proficiency in Vocabulary, Grammar, Verbal ability and Basic English comprehension.
- To get the best output in this section, Strengthen your Vocabulary and Grammar.
- Start the section with Reading comprehension.
- There will be 7 – 10 questions from comprehension passages.
- After doing the reading comprehension, Jump into the sections such as; Cloze test, fill in the blanks and Phase replacement.
- If Para jumbles or Odd man out type questions are there, Attempt 5 questions based on them right after reading comprehension.
If You will follow the above tips and prepare accordingly, Result of IBPS Clerk Mains is always going to be as per your wish.
All the best for the Exam.
Stay tuned for IBPS Clerk Mains related information, tips and strategies. If you have any query or suggestion, Do write us in the comments below.
Share your thoughts/queries here!