Things to Remember for Candidates of CAT 2017
Things to remember for candidates of CAT 2017. Key points to remember for all candidates.
CAT 2017: Things to Remember for Candidates of CAT 2017
Things to Remember for Candidates of CAT 2017: CAT is one of the toughest exams to get into any of the the reputed Indian Institute of Management spread across the country. Cracking CAT is hard and getting into IIM’s is even harder.
Common Admission Test is a must you have MBA dreams and want to get into IIM’s. You need to slog it out if you want to get into IIM’s but the rewards of being an alumnus of IIM is very rewarding and you can crack it only if you have it in you as it is no cake walk. Students need more 99 to 100 percentile to get into any of the IIM’s spread across the country.
Lets look at 10 important points that must be considered :
- Graduates must possess graduation with at least 50% marks to apply for CAT 2017 with 45% for reserved categories. However, this criteria alone is not necessary to get into IIM’s and is only a basic qualifying criteria.
- CAT 2017 Scores are also accepted at non-IIM member institutes and B-schools who consider a CAT Score.
- Separate Advertisement also released for PGP-FABM and ePGP of IIM Ahmadabad, PGPEM and PGPPM programmed of IIM Bangalore, EPGP of IIM Indore, EFPM & EPGPM of IIM Kashipur, PGP-ABM & PGP-SM of IIM Lucknow, PGPWE of IIM Raipur, PGDHRM of IIM Ranchi, EPGP of IIM Rohtak, PGPEX of RGIIM Shillong and PGPBM of IIM Tiruchirappalli.
- Registration fees need to be paid only once even if candidate is applying for more than one institute.
- While filling up the application form, Candidates have to give best four cities as choice of exam centre out of 140 exam cities chosen for CAT 2017.
- CAT 2017 Scores will be valid toll 31 December 2018
- IIM lays a lot of emphasis on the IIM CAT 2017 scores and can also use the previous academic performance of the candidates, work experience and other factors while considering a candidate during the selection process.
- CAT 2017 admit card will be available from 18 October. Candidates must download the admit card when it is released.
- Official notification states the following regarding reservations: ‘For the purpose of being considered for reservations, the applicable Central Government list as on the last date of CAT registration shall be binding. No subsequent changes will be effective for CAT 2017 and any subsequent selection process of the IIMs.’
10.Candidates will be alloted seats in IIM institutes based on rank and merit and also on the basis of reservations.
Stay tuned for more updates for Things to Remember for Candidates of CAT 2017!
Share your thoughts/queries here!