St. Xavier’s College Entrance Exam Syllabus 2018 – Check Detailed Syllabus & Pattern for BMM & BMS Courses
- St. Xavier’s College Entrance Exam Syllabus
- Important Dates for St. Xavier’s College Admission Test 2018:
- Selection Process:
- Useful Instruction for Stage I of the St Xavier’s College Entrance Test:
- Eligibility Criteria for Appearing for St Xavier’s College BMM/BMS 2017 Entrance Test/Exam
- The Qualifying Examinations (QEs) are listed below:
- St Xavier’s College Entrance Exam 2018 – Number of Seats:
- St. Xavier’s Entrance Exam 2018 Application Fees
- St Xavier’s College Entrance Exam Pattern and Syllabus:
- St. Xavier’s College Entrance Exam Syllabus for BMM Course
- St. Xavier’s College Entrance Exam Syllabus for BMS Course
- Books to Prepare as per the latest St. Xavier’s College Entrance Exam Syllabus
St. Xavier’s College Entrance Exam Syllabus – Get detailed syllabus for St. Xavier’s College BMS, BMM Entrance Exam 2018 Syllabus, Pattern along with Eligibility, Exam Dates,
St. Xavier’s College Entrance Exam Syllabus
St. Xavier’s College is an Autonomous body under the University of Mumbai. It has accredited as NAAC Grade A. It is one of the famous institutions in Mumbai to offer professional courses in management and Information & Technology. It conducts the St. Xavier’s Entrance Exam 2018 for the aspiring candidates for admission in B.M.S (Bachelor of Management Studies) and B.M.M (Bachelor of Mass Media). The duration of both the courses is 3 years. This article will give you details about St. Xavier’s College Entrance Exam Syllabus and related information. The exam will be held in June and result will be published within 15-20 days of the test.
Important Dates for St. Xavier’s College Admission Test 2018:
|St. Xaviers Mumbai BMM & BMS Application Begins||24 April 2017|
|Last date to Apply for St. Xaviers Mumbai BMM & BMS||30 May 2017|
|St. Xavier Mumbai BMM Exam||2 June 2018|
|St. Xavier Mumbai BMS Exam||3 June 2018|
|St Xaviers Mumbai Exam Result||Last Week of June 2018|
The mode of selection will be on the basis of the following weightage of marks secured in the qualifying exam and St. Xavier’s College Entrance Test.
- Qualifying Examination (10+2 course) (WBHS / ISC / CBSE / State Boards etc.) – 50%
- Entrance Test – 50%.
Below are the details of the exam stages:
Stage 1- It will be a written test of 100 marks (Objective Test on the OMR Sheet). A Call List for the Interview Round will be made by giving a 60% weightage to the test and 40% weightage to the qualifying XII examination.
Stage 2– It will be an interview cum written test (100 marks).
A Final Merit list will be made by giving a 70% weightage to the score obtained in Stage 2 and 30% weightage to the score obtained in Stage 1.
Useful Instruction for Stage I of the St Xavier’s College Entrance Test:
- Stage I will be for 100 marks based on Multiple Choice Questions(MCQ)
- It will be answered on an OMR Sheet
- Not more than one option in the OMR sheet can be marked.
- Carry a BLACK ball point pen.
- Use of only a SIMPLE Calculator is allowed. Programmable Calculators are not allowed at all.
- Electronic devices like mobile phones, smart watches, iPods, iPads, etc. and materials like log tables, books, notebooks, loose papers, etc. are not permitted to be brought into the spaces where the Entrance Test will be held.
- There will be No Negative Marks.
- Carry your downloaded printed Admit Card (The Candidate will need to affix a recent passport size photograph on the printed Admit Card and get it attested by their School / College Principal or a Gazetted Officer and carry it to the Examination Hall.)
- Carry the necessary documents listed under ‘Submissions of Documents on the day of the Entrance Test.
Eligibility Criteria for Appearing for St Xavier’s College BMM/BMS 2017 Entrance Test/Exam
- Candidates must make sure that they satisfy all the eligibility conditions given below for appearing for the BMM/BMS 2017 Entrance Test:
- Candidates belonging to the General Category (GC) whose date of birth falls on or after 1st June 1994 are eligible to appear for the Entrance Test BMM/BMS 2017.
- Candidates belonging to the Christian religious community and SC/ST candidates who are born on or after 1st June 1992 are eligible to appear for the Entrance Test BMM/BMS 2017.
- The date of birth as recorded in the School Leaving Certificate, First Board / Pre-University Certificate / Birth Certificate issued by a Competent Authority will be accepted.
- For Christian minority candidates the Baptism Certificate will be a necessary document.
- A candidate must have passed a Qualifying Examination (QE) or should be appearing for the same in 2017. Those who will be appearing in the QE later than June 30th, 2017 are not eligible to apply for BMM/BMS 2017 Entrance Test.
The Qualifying Examinations (QEs) are listed below:
- The final Examination of the 10 + 2 system conducted by any recognised Central / State Board, including the Maharashtra State Board of Secondary and Higher Secondary Education, Mumbai, Pune, etc., Central Board of Secondary Education, (C.B.S.E.) New Delhi, Council for the Indian School Certification Examination, (I.S.C.) New Delhi.
- Intermediate or 2-Year Pre-University Examination conducted by a recognised Board / University.
- High School Certificate Examination of the Cambridge University or International Baccalaureate Diploma of the International Baccalaureate Office, Geneva.
- Senior Secondary School Examination conducted by the National Institute of Open Schooling with a minimum of 5 subjects.
Note: In case the candidate has passed the qualifying Examination from a Board or Pre-University other than the Maharashtra State Board then the candidate will be required to apply for a Provisional Eligibility Certificate issued by the University of Mumbai through the College at the time of admission. The duly filled-in application form available at the College Office should be submitted with an attested copy of the Class XII marksheet along with the prescribed fees to the college office when admission is offered.
- Minimum Percentage of marks in Qualifying Test (QE)
- Candidates belonging to the General Category, must secure at least 65% marks in aggregate in their QE.
- Candidates from the Christian Minority Community must secure at least 60% in the QE.
- SC / ST candidates must secure at least 55% marks in their QE.
St Xavier’s College Entrance Exam 2018 – Number of Seats:
|Sr. No.||Category||No. of Seats|
|Total Seats Available||60|
|4||Total Reserved Category||** 13|
|** DT (A)||1|
|** NT (B)||1|
|** NT (C)||1|
|** NT (D)||1|
|** Physically Challenged||1|
St. Xavier’s Entrance Exam 2018 Application Fees
|General / OBC||Rs.1000|
Payment Mode: The mode of payment of application fee is online through Debit/Credit Cards of nationalised or other banks.
St Xavier’s College Entrance Exam Pattern and Syllabus:
The BMM and BMS paper pattern is as below:
|Section||Type of Questions||Marks|
|Section 1||Subjective Paper||30|
|Section 2||Objective Paper||70|
- Duration of the Exam: It will be a 1 hour 45 Minutes duration exam consisting of one question paper in English.
- Total Number of Question: 100 Objective Type Questions(MCQ)
- Negative Marking: There will be NO Negative marking.
St. Xavier’s College Entrance Exam Syllabus for BMM Course
- General Knowledge
- Current Affairs
- Data Interpretation
- English Language Skills and Critical Analysis
- Creative Thinking
St. Xavier’s College Entrance Exam Syllabus for BMS Course
- General Knowledge, Current Affairs,
- Data Interpretation and Basic Mathematics,
- Language Skills
- Reasoning/ Critical Analysis & Creative Thinking
Books to Prepare as per the latest St. Xavier’s College Entrance Exam Syllabus
- For GK & Current affairs – Read newspaper on daily basis and watch news channels
- Also read current affairs magazines like Readers Digest, Competition Success Review etc. which will help you in improving your GK as well as verbal ability
- Study NCERT books from 9th to 12th level – Economics, Statistics, Accounts, General Studies etc.
- Read Novels and Short Stories to improve your vocabulary & English grammar.
Stay tuned for more updates on St. Xavier’s College Mumbai Entrance Exam 2018.
Share your thoughts/queries here!