SSC Stenographer Syllabus 2018 for Grade C & D with weightage in PDF – Free Download
SSC Stenographer Syllabus 2018 for Grade C and D – Check the detailed syllabus with weightage here, Download Syllabus in PDF
SSC Stenographer Syllabus 2018 for Grade C and D
The SSC Stenographer notification is expected to release on 7th July this year. As you can see, only a few months are left for the application release. It’s advisable to start your preparation from now onwards. However, before starting your preparation, you should first go through the latest and detailed SSC Stenographer Syllabus. And we have given the complete syllabus here, for your convenience. You can also see the latest exam pattern here. The paper consists of three sections broadly – English Language, Reasoning Ability, and Numerical Ability. Questions will be of the 10th Standard level. Scroll down to read more.
SSC Stenographer Syllabus for English Language
|Reading Comprehension (R.C.)||15 questions|
|Active Voice & Passive Voice||10 questions|
|Direct Speech & Indirect Speech||10 questions|
|Spot the Error||10 questions|
|Cloze Test||20 questions|
|Sentence Correction||10 questions|
|Para Jumble/Sentence Jumble||5 questions|
|Phrases & Idioms||5 questions|
|Fill in the Blanks||3 questions|
To read preparation tips on English Language, click here.
SSC Stenographer Syllabus for General Awareness
(History, Geography, Indian Constitution, Art, Culture, Rivers, Soil, Crops, Freedom Struggle, Polity)
(Physics, Chemistry, Biology, Environmental Science, Computer Knowledge, etc)
|Current Affairs||10 questions|
To read preparation tips on General Awareness, click here.
SSC Stenographer Syllabus for Reasoning Ability
|Non-Verbal Reasoning||5 questions|
|Verbal Reasoning||3 questions|
|Coding & Decoding||3 questions|
|Venn Diagram||3 questions|
|Word Arrangement||3 questions|
|Direction & Distance||3 questions|
|Blood Relations||2 questions|
|Order & Ranking||2 questions|
To read preparation tips on Reasoning Ability, click here.
There are two phases of the exam. In the first phase i.e. the Written Test, you have to complete the paper consisting of 200 marks within 2 hours. The English Language comprises of 100 marks while Reasoning Ability and Numerical Ability comprises of 50 marks each. 0.25 marks will be deducted for each wrong attempt.
If you qualify the first phase, you have to go through the Skill Test i.e. a typing test.
Recommended Books for SSC Stenographer Exam
- Lewis, N. – Word Power Made Easy (Penguin)
- Wren & Martin – High School Grammar & Composition (S. Chand)
- Aggarwal, R.S., Aggarwal, V. – Objective General English (S. Chand)
- Thorpe, E. – Objective English (Pearson)
- Manorama Year Book
- Lucent’s General Edition
- Thorpe, E. – Test of Reasoning (Pearson)
- Prakashan, K. – Kiran’s Tricky Approach to Competitive Reasoning (Kiran Prakashan)
Preparation Tips for SSC Stenographer exam
- You need to focus more on your English Language skills since 50% of the exam questions will be from this section.
- Read quality newspaper like The Hindu and The Economic Times to improve your vocabulary and communication skills.
- Practice as many questions as you can from Reasoning Ability section to get the grasp of it.
- To ace General Awareness section, newspaper reading is recommended.
- Also, watch informative shows on TV that will increase your knowledge as well as broaden your mentality. The TV is not always an idiot box, unless you want it to behave that way.
- Take one Mock Test on a daily basis.
- Have proper rest and food.
- Meditate regularly to keep your mind at peace and focused.
To download the syllabus PDF, scroll down and click on the download button.
So, tell us, did you find our post on SSC Stenographer Syllabus 2018 helpful? Then, keep visiting us regularly for more syllabus updates.
Share your thoughts/queries here!