SSC Stenographer Syllabus 2018 with Topic wise weightage | Download PDF
SSC Stenographer Syllabus 2018 for Grade C and D – Check the detailed syllabus with topic wise weightage here. You can also download SSC Steno Syllabus PDF here.
SSC Stenographer Syllabus 2018 for Grade C and D
The SSC Stenographer notification was released on 22nd October 2018. As the application link is active, eligible candidates can apply till 19th November 2018. It’s advisable to start your preparation from now onwards. However, before starting your preparation, you should first go through the latest and detailed SSC Stenographer 2018 Syllabus. We have provided the complete syllabus here for your convenience. You can also see the latest exam pattern and get ready for the upcoming SSC Steno Exam. The paper consists of three sections broadly – English Language, Reasoning Ability, and Numerical Ability. Questions are generally from the 10th Standard. Scroll down to read more.
SSC Stenographer Exam Pattern
There are two phases of the exam. In the first phase i.e. the Written Test, you have to complete the paper consisting of 200 marks within 2 hours. The English Language comprises of 100 marks while Reasoning Ability and Numerical Ability comprises of 50 marks each. 0.25 marks will be deducted for each wrong attempt.
If you qualify the first phase, you have to go through the Skill Test i.e. a typing test.
To know the SSC Stenographer exam Pattern in detail, Click on the link below
SSC Stenographer Syllabus for the English Language
|Reading Comprehension (R.C.)||15 questions|
|Active Voice & Passive Voice||10 questions|
|Direct Speech & Indirect Speech||10 questions|
|Spot the Error||10 questions|
|Cloze Test||20 questions|
|Sentence Correction||10 questions|
|Para Jumble/Sentence Jumble||5 questions|
|Phrases & Idioms||5 questions|
|Fill in the Blanks||3 questions|
To read preparation tips on the English Language, click here.
SSC Stenographer Syllabus for General Awareness
(History, Geography, Indian Constitution, Art, Culture, Rivers, Soil, Crops, Freedom Struggle, Polity)
(Physics, Chemistry, Biology, Environmental Science, Computer Knowledge, etc)
|Current Affairs||10 questions|
To read preparation tips on General Awareness, click here.
SSC Stenographer Syllabus for Reasoning Ability
|Non-Verbal Reasoning||5 questions|
|Verbal Reasoning||3 questions|
|Coding & Decoding||3 questions|
|Venn Diagram||3 questions|
|Word Arrangement||3 questions|
|Direction & Distance||3 questions|
|Blood Relations||2 questions|
|Order & Ranking||2 questions|
To read preparation tips on Reasoning Ability, click here.
Recommended Books for SSC Stenographer Preparation
- Lewis, N. – Word Power Made Easy (Penguin)
- Wren & Martin – High School Grammar & Composition (S. Chand)
- Aggarwal, R.S., Aggarwal, V. – Objective General English (S. Chand)
- Thorpe, E. – Objective English (Pearson)
- Manorama Year Book
- Lucent’s General Edition
- Thorpe, E. – Test of Reasoning (Pearson)
- Prakashan, K. – Kiran’s Tricky Approach to Competitive Reasoning (Kiran Prakashan)
⇒Candidates who are yet to fill the application form can do the online registration till 19th November 2018. To know more read our article on SSC Stenographer Recruitment 2018
Preparation Tips for SSC Stenographer exam
- You need to focus more on your English Language skills since 50% of the exam questions will be from this section.
- Read quality newspaper like The Hindu and The Economic Times to improve your vocabulary and communication skills.
- Practice as many questions as you can from Reasoning Ability section to get the grasp of it.
- To ace General Awareness section, newspaper reading is recommended.
- Also, watch informative shows on TV that will increase your knowledge as well as broaden your mentality. The TV is not always an idiot box unless you want it to behave that way.
- Take one Mock Test on a daily basis.
- Have proper rest and food.
- Meditate regularly to keep your mind at peace and focused.
Download SSC Stenographer Syllabus PDF
So, tell us, did you find our post on SSC Stenographer Syllabus 2018 helpful? Then, keep visiting us regularly for more syllabus updates.
Share your thoughts/queries here!