SSC Stenographer Syllabus 2020 For Grade C & D
- SSC Stenographer Syllabus 2020 for Grade C & D
- SSC Stenographer Syllabus for the English Language
- SSC Stenographer Syllabus for General Awareness
- SSC Stenographer Syllabus for Reasoning Ability the topics that will appear in Reasoning Ability section.
- SSC Stenographer Exam Pattern 2020
- Preparation Tips for SSC Stenographer exam 2020
- SSC Stenographer Syllabus PDF
Enhance your preparation for the upcoming Stenographer exam by going through the detailed SSC Stenographer Syllabus 2020. Find the latest Syllabus for both Grade C & D.
- The Staff Selection Commission is conducting the Stenographer exam to fill in numerous Stenographer vacancies across the country.
- As per the SSC Stenographer Notification, there are two stages involved in the exam: Computer-based Test and Skill Test.
- Stage 1 i.e., CBT is conducted for 200 marks while Stage 2 is a typing test to test candidate’s typing skills.
- Candidates who complete the application process correctly will be receiving the SSC Stenographer Admit Card a week before the exam.
- In this post, we are providing detailed syllabus and preparation books for each section in Stenographer Exam 2020.
SSC Stenographer Syllabus 2020 for Grade C & D
It’s advisable to start the preparation from now onwards so that you will have enough time to complete all the topics. However, before starting your preparation, you should first go through the latest and detailed SSC Stenographer 2020 Syllabus.
- We have provided the complete syllabus here for your convenience.
- Go through the latest SSC Stenographer Exam Pattern to know how many questions appear from each section.
- The paper consists of three sections broadly – English Language, Reasoning Ability, and Numerical Ability.
SSC Stenographer Syllabus for the English Language
The below list consists of the most important topics that the candidates should prepare well ahead in time to clear the upcoming exam 2020.Check the list of topics that will appear from the English Language.
|1. Basic English Grammar & sentence structure|
|2. Parts of Speech – Noun, Pronoun, Verb, Preposition, Conjunction, etc.|
|4. Active and Passive Voice|
|5. Direct and Indirect Speech|
|6. Fill in the Blanks|
|7. Cloze Test|
|8. Sentence Correction|
|10. Phrases and Idioms|
|11. Antonyms and Synonyms|
|12. Spotting Errors|
|13. Para jumbles|
|14. Phrase Replacement|
|15. Comprehension Reading|
Go through detailed SSC Stenographer English Preparation Tips
Recommended Books for the English Language
These are the most important books that would help the candidates to take their preparation for English section to the next level.Check out the most recommended books for English preparation.
SSC Stenographer Syllabus for General Awareness
The table below provides the candidates with the important topics that the candidates should prepare well in order to clear the exam 2020.Go through these important topics from the General Awareness section.
|1. Indian History – Indian Independence Movement, Mughal Empire, etc.|
|2. Indian Polity|
|3. Indian Geography – Soil in India, Indian Crops, Farming and Irrigation in India, Indian Rivers, etc.|
|4. Indian Constitution & Scientific Research|
|5. Art and Culture|
|6. India and World Economics Scenes|
|7. Awards and Honours|
|8. Countries, Currencies, and Capitals|
|9. Indian Economy|
|10. Government Policies and Schemes|
|11. Events and affairs of National and International Importance|
|12. Days and Events|
|13. Indian Neighboring countries Sports|
|14. Books and Authors|
|15. Science and Technology|
Know the detailed SSC Stenographer General Awareness Preparation Tips
Recommended Books for General Awareness
Here are the top books recommended by experts for General Awareness preparation
SSC Stenographer Syllabus for Reasoning Ability the topics that will appear in Reasoning Ability section.
The topics given below in the table are important and all the candidates should give special emphasis on these topics
|2. Similarities and differences|
|3. Space Visualization|
|4. Problem Solving|
|7. Decision making|
|8. Visual memory|
|9. Discriminating observation|
|10. Relationship concepts|
|11. Arithmetic reasoning|
|12. Verbal & Figure Classification|
|13. Arithmetical number series|
|14. Non-verbal series etc|
|15. Abstract ideas & symbols|
|16. Relationship, arithmetic computation, analytical functions of abstract ideas & symbols.|
Check out detailed SSC Stenographer Reasoning Preparation Tips
Recommended Books for Reasoning Ability
Check out the below important books to be referred for Stenographer preparation.
SSC Stenographer Exam Pattern 2020
There are two phases of the exam. In the first phase i.e. the Written Test, you have to complete the paper consisting of 200 marks within 2 hours.
- The English Language comprises of 100 marks while Reasoning Ability and Numerical Ability comprises of 50 marks each.
- 0.25 marks will be deducted for each wrong attempt.
- If you qualify the first phase, you have to go through the Skill Test i.e. a typing test.
|3||No. of Sections||Three|
|5||No. of Questions||200|
|7||Negative Marking||0.25 marks deducted for each wrong answer|
Preparation Tips for SSC Stenographer exam 2020
We are providing you with a few preparation tips which may help you to find an edge and increase your chances of selection in this upcoming exam.The preparation Tips are as follows-
- You need to focus more on your English Language skills since 50% of the exam questions will be from this section.
- Read quality newspaper like The Hindu and The Economic Times to improve your vocabulary and communication skills.
- Practice as many questions as you can from the Reasoning Ability section to get the grasp of it.
- To ace General Awareness section, newspaper reading is recommended.
- Also, watch informative shows on TV that will increase your knowledge as well as broaden your mentality. The TV is not always an idiot box unless you want it to behave that way.
- Take one Mock Test on a daily basis.
- Have proper rest and food.
- Meditate regularly to keep your mind at peace and focused.
SSC Stenographer Syllabus PDF
All the interested candidates can download the syllabus 2020 pdf and start their preparations accordingly.
|Free Syllabus PDF||SSC Stenographer Syllabus PDF|
Share your thoughts/queries here!