SSC Stenographer Exam Pattern 2019
- SSC Stenographer Exam Pattern 2019
The Staff Selection Commission conducts the Stenographer Exam Every year to fill in numerous Stenographer vacancies across the country. As the examination will be conducted in the month of November, enhance your preparation by going through the SSC Stenographer Exam Pattern.
- As per the SSC Stenographer Notification, this year more than 2000 vacancies will be released under Grade C & D post.
- Candidates appearing for the Grade C & D exam must utilize the time period and prepare well.
- Candidates who successfully complete the application process will be eligible for receiving the SSC Stenographer Admit Card 2019.
- In this post, we have provided detailed SSC Stenographer Exam Pattern, Marking Scheme, and more.
SSC Stenographer Exam Pattern 2019
Staff Selection Commission holds the Stenographer exam for recruitment to Grade C and D posts. Candidates who have cleared 12th exam with typing skills can apply for SSC Stenographer Exam.
- There are two stages involved in Stenographer exam i.e., Computer-based Test (CBT) and Skill Test.
- Check out the latest exam pattern provided here to plan your preparation.
- Along with the exam pattern, it is important for each and every candidate to go through SSC Stenographer Syllabus 2019.
SSC Steno Exam Pattern Highlights 2019
|Name of the Exam||SSC Stenographer 2019|
|Conducting Authority||Staff Selection Commission (SSC)|
|Name of Post||SSC Stenographer Grade ‘C’ and Grade ‘D’|
|Job Location||All over India|
|Job Type||Central Government Jobs|
|Mode of Exam||Online|
|Number of Stages||Two|
SSC Stenographer Exam Pattern for CBT
Here is the table below that shows the pattern for the Computer-based Test of Steno Grade C and D exam.
- The SSC Stenographer CBT includes three sections: Reasoning Ability, General Awareness, and English Language.
- There are a total of 50 questions in each section for 50 marks.
- Candidates have a total of 2 hours time duration for completing the SSC Steno Exam 2019.
- There is a negative marking of 0.25 for each wrong answer.
|Section||No. of Questions||Marks||Time|
|Reasoning Ability||50||50||2 hours in total|
SSC Stenographer Exam Pattern for Skill Test
Candidates qualifying the Stage 1 will be eligible for Stage 2 i.e., the skill test. Here is the detailed SSC Stenographer Skill Test Exam Pattern.
- Shortlisted candidates will be given dictation in English/Hindi for 10 minutes and they will be tested for their speed.
- There is a time limit given for completing the skill test that is shown in the below table.
- The Skill Test will be qualifying in nature and the commission will fix the qualifying standards for different categories of candidates.
- The skill test will be conducted at the different Regional/Sub Regional Offices of the commission or other centers as decided by the commission.
|10 minutes dictation in English/ Hindi||For Grade C – 100 words per minute|
|For Grade D – 80 words per minute|
|Transcription of the dictation on a computer||For Grade C – 40 min (English), 55 min (Hindi)|
|For Grade D – 50 min (English), 65 min (Hindi)|
SSC Stenographer Syllabus 2019
Here is a glimpse of the syllabus for Stenographer Exam. Candidates can refer to our post on SSC Stenographer Syllabus to know the detailed topics under each section.
|English Language||Reading Comprehension (R.C.)|
|Active Voice & Passive Voice|
|Direct Speech & Indirect Speech|
|Reasoning Ability||Verbal & Non-Verbal|
|Coding & Decoding|
|Order & Ranking|
SSC Stenographer Preparation Tips:
- The first step is to check the latest exam pattern in detail.
- Also, go through the complete syllabus.
- The next step will be to collect standard and quality study material. Random books won’t boost your preparation.
- The practice is the key factor for Reasoning Ability section.
- Read newspaper daily and yearbooks to ace General Awareness section. You can also install a news App to stay up-to-date with the latest events.
- Reading will also help you in the English Language section. Read the Hindu to improve your vocabulary as well as communication skills.
- Try to speak with friends and family in English as much as possible.
- Have proper rest and nutrition to keep your mind and body at its maximum potential.
SSC Stenographer Recommended Books:
- Thorpe, E. – Test of Reasoning (Pearson)
- Prakashan, K. – Kiran’s Tricky Approach to Competitive Reasoning (Kiran Prakashan)
- Manorama Year Book
- Lucent’s General Edition
- Lewis, N. – Word Power Made Easy (Penguin)
- Wren & Martin – High School Grammar & Composition (S. Chand)
- Aggarwal, R.S., Aggarwal, V. – Objective General English (S. Chand)
- Thorpe, E. – Objective English (Pearson)
Share your thoughts/queries here!