SSC Selection Post Preparation Tips 2018 – Check Here!
SSC Selection Post Preparation Tips 2018 – Check out the experts tips and tricks to crack SSC Selection Post examination 2018
SSC Selection Post Preparation Tips 2018
Staff Selection Commission has released the notification for SSC Selection Post Recruitment Phase-VI 2018. The Application process has started from 5th September 2018. For candidates who have applied for the post, we have compiled a series of preparation tips to go through in order to crack the exam. Those who dream of qualifying the exam must check out the below mentioned SSC Selection Post preparation tips.
SSC Selection Post Exam Pattern
Before going through the preparation tips let us first take a look at the SSC Selection Post Exam Pattern. The Staff Selection commission will carry out three separate papers for Matriculation, Higher secondary and Graduation level posts. There will 100 objective type questions in the examination. Furthermore, for every wrong attempt, you will get 0.50 marks in negative. The further details of subjects, marks and time duration is given below.
|Section||No. of Qs||Marks||Time|
|General Intelligence||25||50||60 minutes|
How to Prepare for SSC Selection Post 2018
- Focus Well on this topic as it can fetch you a lot of marks in the exam.
- It is less time-consuming (if practised well) and thus you can save time for other topics.
- Try to solve all the questions in this topic.
- But even though it is less time consuming, it requires a lot of practice. So don’t ignore this section while practicing at any cost
- Key topics to focus on:
- Coding & Decoding
- Blood Relations
- Similarities and Differences
- Number Series/ Arithmetic Reasoning
- If you are someone who is very good at Maths, then it won’t be a problem for you. But for someone who is not that good might require a lot of practise.
- This is a time-consuming section, and thus you must make sure not to waste much time on the questions you can’t solve.
- Read the question very carefully. Do not rush into solving the question before understanding the question first.
- Key topics to focus on:
- Number System
- Ratio & Proportion
- Simple & Compound Interest
- Profit & Loss
- Speed, Time and Distance
- Time and Work
General Knowledge/General Awareness
- For Current Affairs topics, read newspapers daily. You must read any newspaper daily for at least one hour.
- For General Knowledge, refer to school books, magazines and journals
- Key Topics to focus on:
- General Polity
- Indian Constitution
- Cultivate a reading habit. Read more and more books so you get familiar with English reading and word meanings.
- You need to have a thorough knowledge of the basics of grammar and vocabulary in English language.
- Try to learn more and more words each day. Try using them in daily conversations.
- Key Topics to focus on (English) :
- Spotting the error
- Fill in the Blanks
- Cloze Test
- Reading Comprehension
- Sentence Improvement
- Spelling Correction
General Tips to Prepare for SSC Selection Post Exam 2018
- Know the syllabus and exam pattern in and out. Go through the entire syllabus and understand each topic well.
- Collect the required study materials from a proper source. Online reference books can also be studied.
- Prepare a proper time table to study, giving ample time to each subject equally.
- Speed is an important factor in the exam. Try to solve questions faster and with accuracy. For that you need to practise very hard.
- Solve previous year papers and Mock Tests. This will help you to get used to the exam and understand the pattern and difficulty level of the exam.
- Time management is very important. You have to solve 100 questions in 60 minutes. So make the most of your time.
So, tell us, did you find our post on SSC Selection Post Preparation Tips 2018 helpful? Then, keep visiting us regularly for more exam pattern and selection process updates.
Share your thoughts/queries here!