SSC MTS Vs SSC CHSL: Job Profile, Salary and Promotion
SSC MTS Vs SSC CHSL : Get Detailed Comparison based on Job Profile, Salary and Career Growth to find out which is better
SSC MTS Vs SSC CHSL
Many candidates have applied for the SSC MTS or SSC multi Tasking Staff 2018. Several candidates are also giving the SSC CHSL exam. The blog throws light on the major difference between SSC CHSL and SSC MTS.
SSC MTS Vs SSC CHSL – Job Profile, Roles & Responsibilities, Duties
The Staff selection commission conducted the Combined Higher secondary examination, 2018 in Computer based mode for recruitment of postal assistants/Sorting assistants, data entry operators, lower divisional clerks and court clerks at different centers across the country. More than 30 lakh candidates appeared for the SSC examinations over a period of 1 month.
SSC CHSL Vs SSC MTS: Posts and Working profile
In SSC CHSL, the work profile will often depend on the posts.
|Post name||Roles and Responsibilities in SSC CHSL|
|Postal Assistant / Sorting Assistant||Candidates are recruited to Post Offices, Foreign Post Organization, Savings Bank Control Organization, Circle/Regional Offices, Returned Letter offices, Mail Motor Services, Railway Mail Service and Various to Multi-purpose.|
|Lower Division Clerk||Responsibilities include Registration of mails, Indexing, registering file registers, maintaining file registers, Receiving documents & maintaining records, Needs Good Typing Speed. Clerk also needs to prepare drafts and statements.|
|Data Entry Operator||DEO is a complete computer desk based job and they need to use software programmes like Microsoft Office to prepare reports. DEO should enter and manage data.They need good typing speed and typing should be free of errors.|
|Court Clerk||Court Clerk appointed is an entry level clerical position and responsibility includes handling administrative work related to hearings, maintaining court records, etc|
The MTS job involved maintaining diary, dispatch, movement registers, photocopying and sending of fax messages, assistance in sorting out mails, exchange of mails, Cleaning and house keeping, Carrying and delivering files and envelopes, Opening and closing rooms, dusting the table, Driving the vehicles if one has a valid license.
Post Name: Peon, Daftary, Jamadar, Watchman, Wardboy, Operator, Farash
Roles and Responsibilites in SSC MTS:
- Maintenance of Physical Records
- Cleaning and House keeping
- Carrying files and papers inside the building
- Taking Photocopy, Sending Fax
- Assisting in Dispatch, routine office work
- Delivery of Envelopes and documents
- Watchman and ward boy work
- Opening and Closing of Rooms
- Driving of Vehicles
Both SSC MTS and SSC CHSL have their own roles and responsibilities, while SSC CHSL involves responsibilities that involve clerical effort, SSC MTS on the other hand involved more labour oriented jobs like delivering documents, taking photocopy, maintaining physical records, etc.
SSC MTS Vs SSC CHSL – Salary, Perks, Pay Structure
Salary Under SSC CHSL
- Postal Assistants / Sorting Assistants: Postal Assistant earns a grade pay of 2400 and the salary offered is about 5200 – 20200. The salary does not follow recommendations of the 7th pay commission and the salary is according to revised pay scale. The gross salary for the post in metro city is Rs 25-26000 and after tax deduction, the inhand salary would be Rs. 23, 500/-
- Lower Division Clerks: The Grade Pay for Lower Division Clerk is Rs. 1900, while the salary for the post ranges between Rs. 5200 – 20,200. In metro cities, the salary is rounded of to Rs. 20,000 and the inhand salary after tax deductions would be Rs. 18,000.
- Data Entry Operator: The pay for the DEO ranges anywhere between Rs. 5200 – Rs. 20,200. There are two pay grades associated with this job. While one pay grade earns Rs. 1,900, the other grade pay is Rs. 2,400. The gross salary for Data entry operator in metro cities works out to Rs. 25,000
4.Court Clerks: The post has been included in the examination for the first time and the pay for this post varies between Rs. 5200 to Rs. 20,200. The grade pay is Rs. 1900. In Metro cities, the court clerks earn around Rs. 20000 and pay inhand after deduction of taxes is Rs. 18000
SSC MTS Salary (After 7th Pay Commission)
|SSC MTS Posts||Grade Pay||MTS (GP 1800)||MTS (GP 1800)||MTS (GP 1800)|
|Basic Pay||RS 1800||RS 18000||RS 18000||RS 18000|
|Gross Salary||RS 1800||RS 23670||RS 21780||RS 20340|
|In Hand Salary||₹ 1800||₹ 20245||₹ 18355||₹ 16915|
SSC MTS Vs SSC CHSL : Promotion, Carrer Path
|S.No||Name of Posts||Promotion With Posts|
|1||Postal Assistant / Sorting Assistant||· Lower Selection Grade (LSG) / Supervisor
· Higher Selection Grade (HSG) II / Senior Supervisor
·Higher Selection Grade (HSG) II / Chief Supervisor
|2||Lower Division Clerk||· Assistant/ Upper Divisional Clerk
· Division Clerk
· Section Officer
|3||Data Entry Operator||·Data Entry Operator Grade B
· Data Entry Operator Grade C
·Data Entry Operator Grade F (System Analyst)
|4||Court Clerk||·Assistant Clerk
· Bench Clerk
According to the Rule 5(2) of Central Civil Accounts Service for Lower Division Clerk, Group ‘C’ post Recruitment Rules 2010, 5 % of the vacancies in the grade of Lower Division Clerks are to be filled through promotion on seniority basis through a common “Range of Seniority” from amongst Group ‘C’ or Multi-Tasking Staff who have three year regular service in post with the Grade Pay of Rs. 1800.
- First Promotion: Will entail Grade Pay of Rs. 1900/- after 3 years of service.
- Second Promotion:Will entail Grade Pay of Rs. 2000/- after 3 years of service.
- Third Promotion: Will Entail Grade Pay Rs. 2400/- after 5 years of service.
- Grade Pay upto Rs.5400/- at the maximum or as per revision.
Stay tuned to more updates on SSC MTS Vs SSC CHSL!
Share your thoughts/queries here!