SSC MTS Syllabus 2020 PDF Download: Check Section-wise syllabus
SSC MTS Syllabus 2020:As Staff Selection Commission is going to conduct the SSC MTS Exam soon. It is the right time that the candidates should start their preparation with the right strategy and as per the SSC MTS Syllabus 2020. Go through the complete article to know the detailed SSC MTS Syllabus PDF for all the sections, know the important topics and more.
SSC MTS Syllabus 2020 PDF
SSC MTS Paper 1 includes a total of 4 sections: Reasoning Ability, Numerical Aptitude, English Language and General Awareness.In Paper 2, candidates will have to write an essay/letter/application in the language they can decide.
- Going through the SSC MTS Previous Years Papers will help you understand the SSC MTS Tier 2 question pattern and get an idea about the important topics for Paper 2.
- The exam will be conducted both in English & Hindi language
- It must be noted that in order to clear the SSC MTS Exam, the candidates should do a thorough preparation with the right strategies and also solve SSC MTS Mock Tests as much as possible. It will increase their chances of scoring high in the exam.
- The descriptive exam is for 30 minutes but for handicapped students, it is 40 minutes.
- Once the paper 2 is over, the cut off for Paper 1 will be out
- Paper 1 lasts for 90 minutes, for handicapped candidates, 120 minutes
SSC MTS Syllabus 2020 Highlights
Go through the important topics from all the sections of the SSC MTS 2020 Syllabus in the table below-
|Reasoning Aptitude||Verbal & Non-Verbal Reasoning,|
|Profit and Loss|
|Speed, Time and Distance|
|English Language||Cloze Test, Sentence Jumble|
|Error Detection,Sentence Correction|
|Fill in the Blanks|
|General Awareness||Indian Economy|
|Modern Indian History|
SSC MTS Syllabus 2020 PDF Download
The Paper 1 exam consists of Multiple Choice Question (MCQ)- objective type questions and Paper 2 is a descriptive exam. The candidates can make the SSC MTS Syllabus 2020 PDF download for future reference. It is recommended that the candidates should prepare completely as per the syllabus as nothing in the exam will come out of the syllabus topics. Meanwhile , it is important that you should go through the SSC MTS Cut Off pattern as well to understand what to expect from the upcoming 2020 exam.
SSC MTS Syllabus for Tier 1
In SSC Multitasking Staff Exam Syllabus Tier 1 questions will come in the form of Multiple Choice Questions (MCQ), more description is given below:
SSC MTS 2020 Syllabus for Reasoning Ability
Check for the SSC MTS Reasoning Syllabus 2020 with the number of questions that come from the particular topics in the table below
|Topic||Weightage||Nature of Questions|
|Classification||3 to 4 questions||Easy to Moderate question level, Scoring, Least Time Consuming, Accuracy possibility is moderate|
|Analogy||3 to 4 questions|
|Coding & decoding||1 to 2 questions|
|Matrix||1 question||Easy Question level, Time consuming, Accuracy possibility is High|
|Word formation||1 to 2 questions|
|Word arrangement to form a sentence or in dictionary order||1 to 2 questions|
|Venn diagram||1 to 2 questions||Easy level of Questions, Less Time Consuming, Accuracy possibility is High|
|Direction/distance||0 to 1 question|
|Blood relations||0 to 1 question||Time Consuming, Difficulty Level is Moderate to High, Accuracy level is moderate|
|Missing number||1 to 2 questions|
|Puzzles||1 to 4 questions|
|Series||2 to 4 questions|
|Non-verbal reasoning||4 to 6 questions||Difficulty level moderate to high, Scoring but Time Consuming|
|Verbal reasoning||0 to 1 question|
SSC MTS Syllabus 2020 for Quantitative Aptitude
Check for the SSC MTS Quantitative Aptitude Syllabus 2020 with the number of questions that come from the particular topics in table below-SSC MTS Syllabus 2020 for Quantitative Aptitude
|Topic||Weightage||Nature of Questions|
|Simplification||1 to 2 questions||Easy Question level, Scoring, Accuracy level moderate, Less Time Consuming|
|Interest||1 to 3 questions|
|Percentage||1 to 2 questions|
|Ratio and proportion||1 to 2 questions|
|Average||1 to 2 questions|
|Problems on ages||0 to 1 question|
|Speed time & distance||2 to 3 questions||Time Consuming, Scoring, Moderate Question level, Accuracy level less to moderate|
|Profit & loss||5 to 7 questions|
|Number series||0 to 1 question|
|Number system||0 to 1 question|
|Mensuration||2 to 3 questions|
|Data interpretation||2 to 3 questions|
|Time & work||1 to 3 questions||Time Consuming, Accuracy level low, Difficulty level high|
|Mixture problems||0 to 1 question|
|Algebra||1 to 2 questions|
|Geometry||0 to 1 question|
|Trigonometry||0 to 1 question|
SSC MTS Syllabus 2020 for English Language
Check for the SSC MTS English Syllabus 2020 with the number of questions that come from the particular topics in the table below:
|Topic||Weightage||Nature of questions|
|Reading comprehension||5 questions||Moderate level Questions, Time Consuming|
|Fill in the blanks||10 questions||Accuracy Level High, Less Time consuming,Scoring|
|Spelling errors||6 questions||Moderate level questions, Less Time Consuming, Accuracy moderate to high|
|One-word substitution||5 questions|
|Phrase Replacement/Sentence correction||5 questions|
|Spot the error||10 questions|
SSC MTS Syllabus 2020 for General Awareness
Check for the SSC MTS General Awareness Syllabus 2020 with the number of questions that come from the particular topics in the table below:
|Topic||Weightage||Nature of Questions|
|Environment||1 to 2 questions||Accuracy level moderate-high, Scoring, Difficulty Level High, time- consuming|
|Economy||2 to 3 questions|
|Polity||3 to 4 questions|
|Culture||1 to 2 questions|
|Indian History||4 to 5 questions|
|Geography||4 to 5 questions|
|General Science||20 questions|
|Current Affairs||5 to 6 questions||Difficulty Level High, Accuracy low-moderate,time-consuming|
|Books & Sports||2 to 3 questions|
|Dates, Portfolios, Schemes||1 to 2 questions|
Go through the SSC MTS Syllabus 2020 for the Descriptive Test from the points below:SSC MTS Syllabus 2020 Tier 2
- Short Essay/Letter in English or any Language included in the 8th Schedule of the Constitution.
- The Descriptive Test is of 50 Marks for which 30 mins are given to the candidates to complete it, check SSC MTS Last Minute Preparation Tips for better preparation of Tier 2
- For Visually Handicapped/ Cerebral Palsy candidates, there are 45 mins given by the Authority.
|Sections||Total Time||Total Marks|
|Letter/Short Essay in English or any Language mentioned in 8th Schedule of Indian Constitution||30 min(45 min for VH/PH)||50|
SSC MTS Important Topics for Descriptive exam
Some of the common important Essay topics based on the previous years’ pattern that might come in the Descriptive Exam are as follows-
- Pollution-Air, Water , Soil , Sound
- Importance of Education in society
- Stress and anxiety in students
- My first Train Journey
- Clean India Movement
- My favourite Sports etc.
Some of the important Letter writing Topics that may come in the upcoming exam are as follows-
- You are Anand/Rita and you live in Chandra Nagar in New Delhi.Write a letter to your cousin telling him you not be able to attend his marriage due to some urgent prior commitments
- You are Raju/Sheena.You live in Chandra Nagar in New Delhi. Write a letter to your Librarian asking him/her to avail Books on General Knowledge
SSC MTS Exam Pattern 2020
Before going to the SSC MTS Syllabus PDF, candidates must check some important details and structure about the SSC MTS Exam Pattern 2020.Go through the complete SSC MTS Exam Pattern for more pattern related details.
- The Total Questions for SSC have been from 150 Questions to 100 Questions.
- The Timings for Tier 1 is changed to 90 minutes.
- The Timings for Visually handicapped cerebral palsy candidates is changed to 120 Minutes.
- There are no changes in Tier 2.
|Subject||Total Questions||Maximum Marks||Time for General candidates||Time for Visually Handicapped/ Cerebral Palsy candidates|
|Intelligence Reasoning||25||25||90 Mins||2 Hours (120 Mins)|
SSC MTS Preparation Tips 2020
Having a good strategy allows you to plan your approach towards your all sections of the paper and hence, you will never run out of time.
- The candidates can start with any topic which they can do fast comparatively.
- Students must have to run-on the time as there is less time given by the Authority.
- Moreover, candidates should make sure to be updated with the daily current affairs as it will help in cracking all kinds of competitive exams.
- Candidates can start first from English as the nature of the content is easy to do first also it will not take much time to complete.
- For General Awareness, have to read the latest updates on the basis.
- In Quantitative Aptitude instead of wasting time on difficult, candidates can easily work on areas such as bar, graph, profit and loss, percentage, etc.
- However, in Reasoning Ability it all about the candidates’ presence of mind and sense of humor.
- In all candidates must have to work on their solving speed, especially for Quantitative Aptitude and Reasoning Ability.
- Candidates should be aware of the SSC MTS Exam Date and be well prepared to appear for the exam beforehand.
SSC MTS Syllabus FAQs
1.What is the SSC MTS Syllabus for 2020 for Reasoning Section?
Ans-SSC MTS 2020 Syllabus for Reasoning Section is as follows-Similarities and Differences, Space Visualization, Problem Solving, Analysis, Judgment, Decision Making, Visual Memory, Observation, Relationship Concepts, Figure Classification, Arithmetical Number Series, Non-Verbal Series, Arithmetical Computation, Analytical Functions, etc
2. What is the SSC MTS Syllabus 2020 for Quantitative Aptitude Section?
Ans-SSC MTS 2020 Syllabus for Quantitative Aptitude Section is as follows-Number Systems, Computation of Whole Numbers, Decimals and Fractions, Relationship between Numbers, Fundamental Arithmetical Operations, Percentages, Ratio and Proportion, Averages, Interest, Profit and Loss, Discount, Use Of Tables and Graphs, Mensuration, Time And Distance, Ratio and Time, Time and Work, etc.
3. What is the SSC MTS Syllabus 2020 for Quantitative Aptitude Section?
Ans-SSC MTS 2020 Syllabus for Quantitative Aptitude Section is as follows-Questions will be set to test the ability of the candidate’s general awareness about the world around him and of the political environment of the country. The test will also include questions on current events and India’s recent economic and social policies. Candidates should also keep themselves updated on India’s relations/agreements with the neighboring countries. Apart from that, candidates should cover the following topics: Indian Constitution, Booker, and Nationa, Award-Winning Books, History, Culture, Awards and Honors, Current Affairs, Science – Inventions & Discoveries. Important Financial & Economic News
Share your thoughts/queries here!