SSC MTS Selection Process 2020
- SSC MTS Selection Process 2020
- SSC MTS Exam Pattern
- SSC MTS Selection Procedure 2020
- Document Verification
- What is Selection Process Of SSC MTS for Reserved Candidates?
- SSC MTS Selection Process 2020: Resolution of Ties
- SSC MTS Selection Process: Reservation Criteria
- SSC MTS Selection Process FAQ’s
SSC MTS (Multi Tasking Staff) hires individuals for several different government institutions, ministries & organizations. The selection process of SSC MTS involves three stages: Paper 1, paper 2, and document verification. All three stages are qualifying in nature. Candidates can get complete details about SSC MTS Selection Process 2020 in this post.
- As per the SSC MTS Notification, the final selection of the candidate is purely based on the marks scored in both paper 1 and paper 2.
- Candidates have to score above the cut off marks in both paper 1 and paper 2 to get shortlisted for the next stage of selection i.e., document verification.
- Document verification is conducted only for candidates who will get qualified in the Paper 2 exam.
- Candidates are advised to follow the SSC MTS Preparation Tips to enhance their preparation for the exam.
SSC MTS Selection Process 2020
According to the SSC MTS Selection Procedure, the final selection of the candidate is based on various factors such as the difficulty level of the paper, the number of students appeared in the exam, the number of vacancies, etc.
- Before applying for the post, it is important for candidates to check the SSC MTS Eligibility Criteria 2020.
- A candidate must clear the paper 1 exam in order to eligible for the SSC MTS paper 2 exam.
- The Paper 1 selection process for SSC MTS is based on the marks scored in the written examination.
- In this post, we have provided complete information regarding SSC MTS Exam Selection Process.
- SSC MTS Cut Off marks in Paper-I and qualifying marks in Paper-II may vary for vacancies in each State/UT and it will be decided by the commission.
SSC MTS Exam Pattern
Knowing the SSC MTS Exam Pattern will help candidates to better understand how to plan their preparation for the exam. Go through the table below to know the pattern of SSC MTS Exam of both paper 1 and paper 2.
|Papers||Subjects||Total Questions||Total marks|
|Paper 1||General Intelligence and Reasoning||25 questions||25 marks|
|Numerical Aptitude||25 questions||25 marks|
|General English||25 questions||25 marks|
|General Awareness||25 questions||25 marks|
|Paper 2||Short Essay or Letter in English (or any other language)||1 question||50 marks|
SSC MTS Selection Procedure 2020
To help candidates, we have provided the selection process of SSC Multitasking Staff Exam. Candidates must be aware of the SSC MTS Syllabus to get selected in the exam. Let us have a look at the MTS selection process and plan your preparation accordingly.
SSC MTS Paper 1 Selection Procedure
Paper 1 exam is the first stage of the SSC MTS Exam Selection Process and candidates will get shortlisted based on the marks scored in the written examination.
- SSC MTS Paper 1 exam is an objective test that consists of multiple-choice questions.
- The questions will be set both in English & Hindi (except for the English Language paper)
- There will be negative marking of 0.25 marks for each wrong answer
- Paper 1 exam includes four sections: General Intelligence & reasoning, numerical aptitude, general English, and general awareness.
SSC MTS Paper 2 Selection Procedure
Candidates who will get qualified in the paper 1 exam are eligible to appear for the SSC Multitasking Staff paper 2 exam.
- The paper 2 is descriptive in nature
- Paper 2 includes one question on short essay writing/letter writing in English or any language included in the 8TH Schedule of the Constitution
- The exam is conducted for a total of 50 marks
The document verification is the final stage of the MTS Selection Process. Candidates who will get shortlisted in paper 2 are called for the document verification process. The students with fake/artificial documents will be disqualified from the SSC MTS Selection Procedure 2020.
Documents Required for Verification
There are some very important documents that candidates required to carry at the time of document verification. on the spot. The following are the required documents which all candidates must have, both original and photocopies:
- Educational Qualification Certificate
- Matriculation/secondary certificate
- Date of Birth Certificate
- Adhaar Card (or any other Identity Proof)
- Passport size photographs (latest)
- Category Certificate (for SC/ST/OBC)
- Residence Proof
- Ex-servicemen certificate (if any)
- Age-relaxation certificate (if any)
- No objection certificate if already employed in any government organization
What is Selection Process Of SSC MTS for Reserved Candidates?
There is a slight change in the SSC MTS selection process for the reserved category candidates:
- If any reserved candidate (OBC/SC/ST/PH) is selected on the terms of the relaxations they have been offered, they will not be given any vacancy relaxation.
- The vacancy process will be precisely functioned for these candidates based on the merit list.
- They will have to adjust with the vacancies for unreserved candidates and there will be no relaxation provided to them.
- Physically Handicapped candidates who qualify SSC MTS on the basis of relaxed standards such as age limit, qualification, experience, cut off, will be counted against reserved vacancies and not against general vacancies.
SSC MTS Selection Process 2020: Resolution of Ties
There is always a possibility of a tie. Sometimes, two students acquire similar marks and the decision has to be taken to choose one of those students. At such times, there are some factors that are taken into consideration in order to choose one student from the tie. The following are some of those factors which are counted to resolve a tie:
- The marks of Paper 1 General English are checked. The person who got more marks will be given first preference
- Afterwards, the marks of Numerical Aptitude in Paper 1 are checked
- Then, the age of both candidates is considered. The person who is older is preferred
- The Alphabetical order of the names of the candidates are also taken into consideration
SSC MTS Selection Process: Reservation Criteria
SSC MTS reservation categories (SC/ST/OBC/PH/ExS) in the Recruitment process is available as per the standing Government Orders. The Commission keeps the right to fill up comparable posts in other Ministries/Organizations under the Government
- For availing SSC MTS reservation advantages, the students need to submit important SC/ST/OBC/disability certificate which is issued by a competent authority in the required format, before the mentioned date
- If any candidate fails to submit these documents, the officials will not consider the claim of the candidate. They will count them in the unreserved category
- The format of such certificates will be searched for in the SSC MTS Brochure
- If any candidate submit the certificates which are in any other format, they will be debarred then and there
- The students should not provide fake or forged category certificates, as part of their applications, to acquire the advantages of SSC MTS Reservation scheme, else his candidature shall be cancelled
SSC MTS Selection Process FAQ’s
Q.What are the stages of the SSC MTS 2020 Selection Process?
Ans- There are mainly two stages in the Selection process of the SSC MTS Exam followed by the document verification stage. The first stage is Paper 1 which is an objective type test and the second stage is Paper 2 which descriptive in nature. After you clear both the stages, you will be called for the Document Verification stage.
Q. Is there any Interview stage in the SSC MTS 2020 Selection Process?
Ans- No there is no interview stage for the SSC MTS Exam. The exam will include only the Paper 1 stage and Paper 2 stage followed by document verification stage.
Q. Does any physical Test takes place in the SSC MTS Selection Process 2020?
Ans-No there is no such physical test included in the selection process of the exam. However, candidates will be shortlisted based on the marks scored in both paper 1 and paper 2 exams.
Q. Is SSC MTS Exam a Peon Job exam?
Ans- Yes it is a Group C Cadre Exam and Group D positions such as peon, Jamadar, Chokidaar, Safaiwala, Daftary, etc are also included together recently and named as Multi Tasking Staff (MTS) Exam.
Share your thoughts/queries here!