SSC MTS Preparation Tips 2020| Paper 1 & 2 Section-wise Preparation Strategy
- SSC MTS Preparation Tips 2020
- SSC MTS Exam Exam Pattern
- SSC MTS Subject-wise Preparation Tips 2020
- SSC MTS Preparation Tips for General Awareness 2020
- SSC MTS Tier 2 Preparation tips 2020
- General SSC MTS Preparation Tips 2020
The Staff Selection Commission (SSC) will soon release the official SSC MTS Notification on the official website to recruit eligible candidates for various posts in several different government institutions, ministries & organizations. To make candidates’ preparation easy, we have provided the SSC MTS Preparation Tips 2020.
- As per the calendar, the official notification will be released tentatively in the month of July 2020. Aspirants must follow a planned way in order to get the optimum result.
- In this post, we have discussed the SSC MTS Exam Preparation Tips which will help candidates to better prepare for the upcoming exam.
- Candidates are advised to solve the SSC MTS Previous Year Question Papers to know the difficulty level of the paper and type of questions asked in the exam.
SSC MTS Preparation Tips 2020
SSC MTS is a two-phase examination process where candidates who will clear the Paper 1 exam will be eligible for the Paper 2 exam which will be followed by Document verification as the final stage of SSC MTS 2020 Selection Process.
- Before starting with preparation, it is important for candidates to be aware of the complete SSC MTS Syllabus 2020 and exam pattern.
- Following SSC MTS Preparation Tips provided by experts will help aspirants to know how to utilize their time for preparation and how to improve their speed.
- Here, we have provided subject-wise SSC MTS 2020 Preparations Tips. Start your preparation well in advance to score good marks in the exam.
- Candidates can download the SSC MTS Preparation Notes and plan their preparation accordingly to better succeed in the exam.
SSC MTS Exam Exam Pattern
It is important for candidates to check the SSC MTS Exam Pattern to get an idea about the number of questions asked from each section and marking scheme. The SSC MTS Exam consists of two papers: Paper 1 and Paper 2. Let us have a look at the detailed pattern of the SSC MTS Exam.
SSC MTS Tier 1 Exam Pattern
The first stage of the SSC MTS exam is Tier 1, which is an objective exam. SSC MTS Paper 1 will consist of 4 sections; General Intelligence & Reasoning, Numerical Ability, General English, and General Awareness.
- The questions will be set both in English & Hindi.
- There is a negative marking of 0.25 marks for each wrong answer.
- The duration of the exam is 90 minutes and is 120 minutes for Visually handicapped/cerebral palsy candidates.
- As per the pattern, 25 questions are asked from each section.
|Name of the Subject||Marks||Duration|
|General Intelligence & Reasoning||25||90 Minutes|
SSC MTS Tier 2 Exam Pattern
The paper 2 exam is descriptive in nature. The SSC MTS paper 2 includes one question on short essay writing/letter writing.
- The time duration of the exam is 30 minutes.
- Candidates must write an Essay of 150 words while the Letter should be of 75 to 110 words.
|Short Essay/Letter in English or any language included in the 8th schedule of the Constitution.||50||30 minutes|
SSC MTS Subject-wise Preparation Tips 2020
To enhance the preparation level, candidates can go through the subject-wise SSC MTS Preparation Tips provided by experts.
SSC MTS Tier 1 Preparation Tips
Here, we have provided the subject-wise preparation tips for the SSC MTS Tier 1 exam. Following these tips will help candidates to better succeed in the exam.
SSC MTS General Intelligence & Reasoning Preparation Tips
In the table below, we have mentioned important General Intelligence & Reasoning Topics and the number of questions asked from each topic;
|Classification||3 to 4 questions|
|Analogy||3 to 4 questions|
|Coding & decoding||1 to 2 questions|
|Word formation||1 to 2 questions|
|Word arrangement to
form a sentence or
in dictionary order
|1 to 2 questions|
|Venn diagram||1 to 2 questions|
|Direction/distance||0 to 1 question|
|Blood relations||0 to 1 question|
|Missing number||1 to 2 questions|
|Puzzles||1 to 4 questions|
|Series||2 to 4 questions|
|Non-verbal reasoning||4 to 6 questions|
|Verbal reasoning||0 to 1 question|
- Do not be in a hurry while solving General Reasoning questions.
- Try to understand the pattern of the question properly before jumping to find an answer.
- Moreover, this section is easy and it can fetch you good marks in SSC MTS 2020 exam.
- Try covering at least 4 topics from the reasoning section every day.
- Refer to the study material to understand the core concepts of the logical reasoning section.
- When starting your preparation for the day, revise the topics you covered on the previous day.
SSC MTS Best Books for General Intelligence
In the table below, we have mentioned Important General Intelligence & Reasoning Books for SSC MTS exam 2020 exam.
|Analytical Reasoning||M K Pandey|
|Verbal and Nonverbal Reasoning||R S Aggarwal|
|A New Approach to Reasoning Verbal, Non-Verbal & Analytical||B S Sijwali, Indu Sijwali|
|Reasoning For General Competition||KD Campus|
Numerical Ability Preparation Tips 2020
Check for the SSC MTS Exam Date properly so that you can be ready beforehand and reach the exam center on time. Here, we have mentioned important SSC MTS Exam Preparation Tips for Numerical Ability Topics and the number of questions asked from each topic.
|Simplification||1 to 2 questions|
|Interest||1 to 3 questions|
|Percentage||1 to 2 questions|
|Ratio and proportion||1 to 2 questions|
|Average||1 to 2 questions|
|Problems on ages||0 to 1 question|
|Speed time & distance||2 to 3 questions|
|Profit & loss||5 to 7 questions|
|Number series||0 to 1 question|
|Number system||0 to 1 question|
|Mensuration||2 to 3 questions|
|Data interpretation||2 to 3 questions|
|Time & work||1 to 3 questions|
|Mixture problems||0 to 1 question|
|Algebra||1 to 2 questions|
|Geometry||0 to 1 question|
|Trigonometry||0 to 1 question|
- Numerical Ability section in SSC MTS is Easy to moderate as far as the difficulty level is concerned.
- If the candidate allocates 3-4 hours per day to Maths, they can effortlessly crack the Maths section of SSC MTS with high marks.
- Mainly, basic questions will be asked in this section.
- One needs to learn formulas properly and practice some questions and that will be sufficient.
- Do not waste your time solving complicated questions and give more time to strengthen your basics.
- Try to give more time to the topics that are tough.
- The practice is the key here. Try as many Mock Tests as you can on a daily basis.
- It is advisable to practice 10 to 12 previous year questions of SSC MTS.
Best Books for Numerical Ability
In the table below, we have mentioned Important Numerical Ability Books for SSC MTS exam 2020 exam;
|Arihant Fast Track Objective Arithmetic||–|
|Quantitative Aptitude for Competitive Examinations||R S Aggarwal|
|Arithmetic For General Competition Vol 1& 2||Neetu Singh|
SSC MTS English Preparation Tips 2020
candidates are advised to go through the SSC MTS tips for English Language Section In the table below, we have mentioned important English Topics and the number of questions asked from each topic;
|Reading comprehension||5 questions|
|Fill in the blanks||10 questions|
|Spelling errors||6 questions|
|One-word substitution||5 questions|
|Phrase replacement/Sentence correction||5 questions|
|Spot the error||10 questions|
- If you look at SSC MTS previous year questions, you will realize that the idiom/ phrases and one-word substitution are getting repeated.
- One also need to practice Cloze Test, Comprehension Test, Fill in the Blanks and Spot Errors on a regular basis.
- Reading an English newspaper every day will help in understanding grammar, improve vocabulary, and improve General Knowledge.
- Try to learn at least 5 to 10 new words per day.
- Again, the previous year question papers can be a great resource for SSC MTS English Preparation.
Best English Books
In the table below, we have mentioned important books for the preparation of the English section.
|Objective General English by SP Bakshi||SP Bakshi|
|Quick Learning Objective General English||R S Aggarwal & Vikas Aggarwal|
|English For General Competition Vol 1& 2||KD Campus|
SSC MTS Preparation Tips for General Awareness 2020
General Awareness can be a bit tricky as the scope for this section is huge. However, candidates can score good marks in this section by following the SSC MTS General Awareness Preparation Tips. In the table below, we have mentioned important General Awareness Topics and the number of questions asked from each topic;
|Environment||1 to 2 questions|
|Economy||2 to 3 questions|
|Polity||3 to 4 questions|
|Culture||1 to 2 questions|
|Indian History||4 to 5 questions|
|Geography||4 to 5 questions|
|General Science||20 questions|
|Current Affairs||5 to 6 questions|
|Books & Sports||2 to 3 questions|
|Dates, Portfolios, Schemes||1 to 2 questions|
- One must read Newspaper on a regular basis and should follow all the latest happenings around the globe.
- Few questions will also be from Space Science (Physics). Read about all the latest space events and try to gather as much information as possible.
- Choose the best SSC MTS Books which cover all the concepts and topics according to the latest exam pattern.
- A monthly magazine subscription for GK and Politics will be very helpful to score good marks in this section.
Best General Awareness Books
Let us have a look at the table below to know the best books for the preparation of SSC MTS General Awareness section.
|Lucent’s General Knowledge|
|GS Set For General Competition by KD Campus|
SSC MTS Tier 2 Preparation tips 2020
Candidates are suggested to follow the simple tips mentioned below to score good marks in the SSC MTS Tier 2 Exam.
- Candidates need to practice at least 2-3 essays daily.
- Do not use unnecessary words while writing an essay.
- Try to write essays on online platforms and that will help build your typing speed.
- Present the essay in the right format that includes an introduction, the main concept, positive aspects, negative aspects, and the conclusion.
- Avoid writing the same point more than once.
- Maintain a neutral tone throughout the essay.
General SSC MTS Preparation Tips 2020
Having a good strategy allows you to plan your approach towards all sections of the paper and score the highest marks in the exam.
- Understand the syllabus and exam pattern in and out. Go through the entire syllabus and understand each topic.
- After knowing the syllabus, collect the required study materials from a proper source. Online reference books can also be studied.
- A timetable should be laid down and every subject should be covered daily.
- The candidates can start with any topic which they can do fast comparatively.
- Then start your preparation with easy topics and then proceed to difficult topics.
- Take up at least two SSC MTS Mock Tests daily. It will help increase your time management skills and problem-solving skills.
- Speed is an important factor in the exam. Try to solve questions faster and with accuracy.
- In Quantitative Aptitude instead of wasting time on difficult, candidates can easily work on areas such as bar, graph, profit and loss, percentage, etc.
- Solving previous year papers and sample papers will help the aspiring candidates to do well in the exams and also work on their weaker subjects.
- Make sure to finish the sample papers on time and after completion of solving, check all your answers, and allot marks yourself for each question.
- Note down where you go wrong and how to correct the mistakes.
- Moreover, candidates should make sure to be updated with the daily current affairs as it will help in cracking all kinds of competitive exams.
Share your thoughts/queries here!