SSC MTS Preparation Tips 2020| Paper 1 & 2 Section-wise Preparation Strategy
- SSC MTS Preparation Tips 2020
- SSC MTS Preparation Tips 2020
- Paper 1 – SSC MTS Preparation Tips 2020
- General Intelligence & Reasoning Preparation Tips 2020
- Numerical Ability Preparation Tips 2020
- English Preparation Tips 2020
- General Awareness Preparation Tips 2020
- Paper 2 – SSC MTS Preparation tips 2020
SSC MTS Preparation Tips:- If you are looking to start your exam preparation for SSC MTS 2020, you have landed at the right place. Well, preparation is the key and so did we prepared this dedicated article on SSC MTS Preparation Tips to make you aware of the best tips, tricks & practices.
- As SSC is scheduled to release the official notification on 22nd April 2019, aspirants must follow a planned way in order to get the optimum result.
- The very first thing one must do is to know the exam pattern well. To learn more, read our post on SSC MTS Exam Pattern 2020
- In this post, we will discuss the best possible preparation Strategies for SSC MTS Online Preparation.
SSC MTS Preparation Tips 2020
No matter how difficult or competitive an exam is, preparation remains to be the key for successful exam preparation. A good preparation strategy makes half the job done. SSC MTS is a two-phase examination process where candidates who will clear the Paper 1 exam will be eligible for the Paper 2 exam which will be followed by Document verification as the final stage of SSC MTS 2019 Selection Process.
SSC MTS Preparation Tips 2020
How To Prepare SSC MTS Exam?
In order to understand and plan the SSC MTS Preparation the right way, let’s breakdown the SSC MTS Preparation Strategies for various phases of the SSC MTS examination.
To start with, let’s have a look at the Paper 1 exam Pattern for SSC MTS:
CHECK– SSC MTS APPLICATION FORM
Paper 1 – SSC MTS Preparation Tips 2020
How To Prepare SSC MTS Exam Tier 1?
In the table below, we have mentioned Paper 1 exam pattern for SSC MTS 2019 examination;
|Name of the Subject||Marks||Duration|
|General Intelligence & Reasoning||25||Composite time of
- SSC MTS Paper 1 will consist of 4 sections; General Intelligence & Reasoning, Numerical Ability, General English, and General Awareness.
- Each section will carry 25 marks and the composite time duration of Paper 1 exam for SSC MTS will be 90 Minutes.
Now let’s look at the SSC MTS Preparation Tips and Best Books for SSC MTS Preparation for General Intelligence & Reasoning:
General Intelligence & Reasoning Preparation Tips 2020
In the table below, we have mentioned important General Intelligence & Reasoning Topics and the number of questions asked from each topic;
|Classification||3 to 4 questions|
|Analogy||3 to 4 questions|
|Coding & decoding||1 to 2 questions|
|Word formation||1 to 2 questions|
|Word arrangement to
form a sentence or
in dictionary order
|1 to 2 questions|
|Venn diagram||1 to 2 questions|
|Direction/distance||0 to 1 question|
|Blood relations||0 to 1 question|
|Missing number||1 to 2 questions|
|Puzzles||1 to 4 questions|
|Series||2 to 4 questions|
|Non-verbal reasoning||4 to 6 questions|
|Verbal reasoning||0 to 1 question|
- Do not be in a hurry while solving General Reasoning questions.
- Try to understand the pattern of the question properly before jumping to find an answer.
- Moreover, this section is easy and it can fetch you good marks in SSC MTS 2020 exam.
In the table below, we have mentioned Important General Intelligence & Reasoning Books for SSC MTS exam 2019 exam;
|General Intelligence & Reasoning|
|Analytical Reasoning by M K Pandey|
|Verbal and Nonverbal Reasoning by R S Aggarwal|
|A New Approach to Reasoning Verbal, Non-Verbal & Analytical by B S Sijwali, Indu Sijwali|
|Reasoning For General Competition by KD Campus|
Numerical Ability Preparation Tips 2020
Check for the SSC MTS Exam Date properly so that you can be ready beforehand and reach the exam center on time.In the table below, we have mentioned important SSC MTS Exam Preparation Tips for Numerical Ability Topics and the number of questions asked from each topic;
|Simplification||1 to 2 questions|
|Interest||1 to 3 questions|
|Percentage||1 to 2 questions|
|Ratio and proportion||1 to 2 questions|
|Average||1 to 2 questions|
|Problems on ages||0 to 1 question|
|Speed time & distance||2 to 3 questions|
|Profit & loss||5 to 7 questions|
|Number series||0 to 1 question|
|Number system||0 to 1 question|
|Mensuration||2 to 3 questions|
|Data interpretation||2 to 3 questions|
|Time & work||1 to 3 questions|
|Mixture problems||0 to 1 question|
|Algebra||1 to 2 questions|
|Geometry||0 to 1 question|
|Trigonometry||0 to 1 question|
- Numerical Ability section in SSC MTS is Easy to moderate as far as the difficulty level is concerned.
- Mainly, basic questions will be asked in this section.
- One needs to learn formulas properly and practice some questions and that will be sufficient.
- Do not waste your time solving complicated questions and give more time to strengthen your basics.
- It is advisable to practice 10 to 12 previous year questions of SSC MTS.
Important Numerical Ability Books – SSC MTS Preparation Tips 2020
In the table below, we have mentioned Important Numerical Ability Books for SSC MTS exam 2020 exam;
|Numerical Ability||Arihant Fast Track Objective Arithmetic|
|Quantitative Aptitude for Competitive Examinations (R. S. Aggarwal)|
|Arithmetic For General Competition Vol 1& 2 by Neetu Singh|
English Preparation Tips 2020
In the table below, we have mentioned important English Topics and the number of questions asked from each topic;
|Reading comprehension||5 questions|
|Fill in the blanks||10 questions|
|Spelling errors||6 questions|
|One-word substitution||5 questions|
|Phrase replacement/Sentence correction||5 questions|
|Spot the error||10 questions|
- If you look at SSC MTS previous year questions, you will realize that the idiom/ phrases and one-word substitution are getting repeated.
- One also need to practice Cloze Test, Comprehension Test, Fill in the Blanks and Spot Errors on a regular basis.
- Again, the previous year question papers can be a great resource for SSC MTS Preparation.
Important English Comprehension Books – SSC MTS Preparation Tips 2020
In the table below, we have mentioned important English Comprehension Topics and the number of questions asked from each topic;
|English Comprehension||Objective General English by SP Bakshi|
|Quick Learning Objective General English by RS Aggarwal & Vikas Aggarwal|
|English For General Competition Vol 1& 2 by KD Campus|
To know Preparation strategy for English in detail, read our post on SSC MTS tips for English Language Section
General Awareness Preparation Tips 2020
In the table below, we have mentioned important General Awareness Topics and the number of questions asked from each topic;
|Environment||1 to 2 questions|
|Economy||2 to 3 questions|
|Polity||3 to 4 questions|
|Culture||1 to 2 questions|
|Indian History||4 to 5 questions|
|Geography||4 to 5 questions|
|General Science||20 questions|
|Current Affairs||5 to 6 questions|
|Books & Sports||2 to 3 questions|
|Dates, Portfolios, Schemes||1 to 2 questions|
- One must read Newspaper on a regular basis and should follow all the latest happenings around the globe.
- Few questions will also be from Space Science (Physics). Read about all the latest space events and try to gather as much information as possible.
Important General Awareness Books – SSC MTS Preparation Tips 2020
In the table below, we have mentioned important General Awareness topics and the number of questions asked from each topic;
|General Awareness||Lucent’s General Knowledge|
|GS Set For General Competition by KD Campus|
Paper 2 – SSC MTS Preparation tips 2020
In the table below, we have mentioned Paper 2 exam pattern for SSC MTS 2020 examination;
|Short Essay/Letter in English or any language included in the 8th schedule of the Constitution.||50||30 minutes|
- In Paper 2 exam for SSC MTS, one needs to write an Essay and a Letter.
- Candidates must write an Essay of 150 words while the Letter should be of 75 to 110 words.
- You can write the Paper 2 exam in English. If you don’t want to write in English then you can write the letter in any language which are in the 8th Schedule of the Constitution.
- Visually Handicapped/ Cerebral Palsy Candidates will 45 minutes instead of 30 to finish the paper 2 examinations for SSC MTS.
Previous Year Cut Off – SSC MTS Preparation Tips 2020
MTS exam will have a separate state-wise cutoff. Applicants will be selected on the basis of preference that you have chosen. If a candidate clears the 1st choice say Mumbai then he/she will be allotted for Mumbai but if your marks are not greater than the cutoff then the next preference will be considered. This process will continue until you are allocated a seat based on all the preferences.
In the table below, we have mentioned SSC MTS Category-wise Cut Off;
To learn more about the official Cut Off, read our post on SSC MTS Cut Off 2020
Hope you liked this post on SSC MTS Preparation Tips 2020. If you have any query or suggestion, do write to us in the comments below.
Share your thoughts/queries here!