SSC MTS English Preparation 2019
- SSC MTS English Preparation
- SSC MTS English Preparation | Tips to prepare for SSC MTS English Section
- SSC MTS Exam pattern 2019
SSC MTS English Preparation 2019 | The students who find difficulty while preparing for the English section of SSC MTS must check the article thoroughly. The article has excellent tips and tricks for the preparation of SSC MTS English.
SSC MTS English Preparation
As SSC is currently accepting applications for SSC MTS exam, candidates who have already applied are looking for important tips for English Language preparation. Well, preparation is the key and if one is looking to clear SSC MTS exam, the candidates must follow the basics right:
- Firstly, candidates should keep a major check on their Grammar Preparation.
- As without Grammar fluency, there would be a lack of clarity in the understanding of concepts
- Secondly, learning 3 new vocabulary words every day can help candidates to improve their quality of English Language
- Moreover, do not forget to form sentences using the recently learned vocabulary words
- Also, take more and more SSC MTS Mock Tests sessions
- Furthermore, focus on Synonyms and Antonyms because they will be a huge help in the area of vocabulary as well
SSC MTS English Preparation | Tips to prepare for SSC MTS English Section
The English Section comprises of 3 areas that the candidates need to focus on:
- Reading comprehension
- Verbal Ability
The candidates must read the following points to prepare for the SSC MTS English section:
- The Grammar section comprises of around 5-10 questions asked from like tenses, articles, prepositions, degrees of comparison, subject-verb agreement, conjunctions, parts of speech, standard construction, adverbs, the number in nouns, etc
- Reading Comprehension section is often time-consuming. The SSC MTS exam is an exam where time is very limited. It is advisable to divide your time appropriately considering the time that is given to you.
- Idioms and Phrases: Let us look at the phrase ‘Ball is in your court” – It shows that it is up to you to take the decision and the onus of the decision is entirely yours.
- The English language has hundreds of phrases, while some of them are more commonly used, the usage of others is less common.
- The phrase conveys this in a simple way making it open to interpretation.
- Another example of Idioms and Phrases – “Beat around the bush”. It means that the person is avoiding the main topic of discussion and talking about things that are more irrelevant to the discussion
- One Word Substitution: The individuals need to find the right word to substitute a lengthy sentence with a single word
- The section contains questions on Para Jumbles, questions on paragraph completion. Para jumbles is usually a group of sentences that are jumbled up and need to be rearranged. You need to understand the questions in the right context to rearrange them.
- Follow the sequence of the passage and keep the overall message of the passage and understand the story from the beginning to the end.
- Look for indications and connecting words or conjunctions that connect the story.
- The odd sentence out is another subject that will be asked in the Verbal ability section.
Know more about SSC MTS Preparation Tips
General SSC MTS tips for English Language Section
The students must read as follows for the SSC MTS English Preparation Best Strategy:
- The English language cannot be learned in a day and you need to read more to become an expert.
- Read More to Improve language. Read Books, Magazines and Newspapers to enhance your vocabulary.
- Study the basics of grammar and this can be done even from school level grammar books to strengthen your basics.
- Read the Newspaper editorial and opinion columns to improve your English.
- Cloze test has become a very important part of the section. Do not forget to prepare for the cloze test.
- Read English-Hindi Dictionary or English-Regional Language Dictionary as this is of immense help.
Also Check: SSC MTS Syllabus 2019
SSC MTS Exam pattern 2019
SSC Multitasking Staff Exam consist of two stages:
- Stage 1 – Written exam
- Stage 2 – Descriptive exam
The written exam consists of a total of 150 marks for a duration of 2 hours.
Written Exam (Paper-I) Objective Type
The following table has the SSC MTS exam pattern for the objective exam:
See: SSC MTS Admit Card
Descriptive Exam (Paper II)
The table below has the pattern of SSC MTS Descriptive Exam:
|Subject||Max Marks||Total Time|
|Short Essay/Letter in English
or any Language included
in 8th Schedule of the Constitution
Check: SSC MTS Eligibility Criteria
Things to Remember about the SSC MTS Exam:
- Negative marking of 0.25 marks for wrong answers.
- Paper I will consist of Objective Type MCQs only. The exam will be in both languages i.e in English & Hindi.
- Paper II is of qualifying nature and will only test your elementary skills. Only those who qualify the paper I will be eligible for Paper II.
Check Detailed SSC MTS Exam Pattern
Distribution of Questions in SSC MTS
There is a certain type of distribution among the questions of SSC MTS. The students can know all about the same as follows:
|Idiom and Phrases-||2 questions|
|Sentence Improvement-||2 questions|
|One Word Substitution-||2 questions|
|Spelling Correction-||2 questions|
|Reading Comprehension-||5 questions|
|Spotting error-||5 questions|
|Fill in the blanks-||5 questions|
Important Books to Prepare for SSC MTS: SSC MTS tips for English Language Section
- Word Power by Norman Lewis (Penguin)
- High School Grammar & Composition by Wren and Martin (S.Chand Publishers)
- English for General Competitions: from Plinth to Paramount (Volume – 1) – Neetu Singh (KD Publications)
- English for General Competitions: (Volume – 2)-Neetu Singh (KD Publications)
- Objective General English by SP Bakshi (Arihant)
- Objective English for Competitive Examinations by H M Prasad
- Quick Learning Objective General English by RS Aggarwal & Vikas Aggarwal
Share your thoughts/queries here!