SSC JHT Preparation Tips 2020
The Staff Selection Commission (SSC) will soon release the official SSC JHT Notification to recruit eligible candidates for various Translator posts like Junior Hindi Translator (JHT), Junior Translator (JT), Senior Hindi Translator (SHT) and Hindi Pradhyapak (HP) across the country. To make candidates’ preparation easy, we have provided the SSC JHT Preparation Tips 2020.
SSC JHT Preparation Tips 2020
The SSC will conduct the SSC JHT 2020 Exam tentatively in the month of October 2020. In order to crack the exam easily, the candidate should have a good strategy to study for the exam.
- Before starting with the preparation, candidates should have a close look at the SSC JHT Syllabus 2020 and understand the pattern of the exam.
- Following expert tips will help aspirants to know how to utilize their time for preparation and how to improve their speed.
- Here we have provided section-wise SSC JHT preparation tips 2020 provided by the experts.
- Go through the SSC JHT Important Topics and start your preparation for the exam.
SSC JHT Exam Pattern:
It is important for candidates to check the SSC JHT Exam Pattern to know about the markings scheme and number of questions from each section. The JHT Exam is conducted in two stages: paper-1 and Paper-2.
SSC JHT Paper 1 Exam pattern
The questions in the SSC JHT Paper-1 are designed in a way to test the candidates’ knowledge of the Hindi language, grammar with proper usage of words, phrases, and idioms.
The Paper I Exam contains two sections: General Hindi & General English. Each section has 100 multiple choice questions for 100 marks. The exam is scheduled for two hours.
- Paper-1 is an objective type paper.
- SSC JHT Paper I exam, a computer-based test is conducted for a total of 200 marks. Candidates need to secure minimum marks to qualify in the exam.
- There is a 0.25 negative marking for each wrong answer.
|Number of questions||200|
|Type of questions||Objective type|
|Total marks||200 marks|
|Subjects||General English and General Hindi|
|Negative Marking||0.25 marks for each wrong answer|
SSC JHT Paper-2 Exam Pattern
SSC JHT Paper-2 Exam is a descriptive type paper that contains Translation & Essay section. The exam is conducted for a total of 200 marks.
There will be two passages which for transition one from Hindi to English and vice-versa. And the other is an Essay. Check the complete details about the SSC JHT Exam pattern paper 2 in the table provided below.
|Type of questions||Descriptive type|
|Total marks||200 marks|
|Negative Marking||No Negative marking|
SSC JHT Section-wise Preparation Tips 2020
Interested candidates who want to clear their exam in the first attempt can follow the SSC JHT Subject-Wise Preparation tips. These tips will help candidates to know how to score more marks in the exam. In SSC JHT Paper 1 Exam, the questions asked will be from General Hindi and General English whereas Paper 2 includes a passage and easy each from Hindi and English.
SSC JHT Paper-1 Preparation Tips
The questions in this section are designed to test the candidates’ expertise over language and literature, their wise use of words, phrases, idioms, and ability to write the languages correctly, precisely and effectively.
- Make sure you are aware of the detailed Paper pattern and latest Syllabus of SSC Junior Hindi Translator Exam.
- Daily read Newspaper to improve your vocabulary and Grammar.
- Choose the best SSC JHT Books which cover all the concepts and topics according to the latest exam pattern.
- Candidates can also solve SSC JHT Previous Year papers in order to be perfect with all topics. This will help candidates to know various types of questions that can appear in the exam.
Candidates must primarily focus on the topics that are tabulated below while preparing for the SSC JHT Paper-1 Exam that includes questions from General Hindi and General English.
|General Hindi||General English|
|Translation of Sentences||Fill in the Blanks|
|Fill in the Blanks||Grammar|
|–||Phrases and Idioms|
|–||Correct use of words|
SSC JHT Paper-2 Preparation Tips
SSC JHT Paper-2 exam includes a passage from Hindi and English which are to be translated from Hindi to English and English-Hindi respectively and an essay each from Hindi and English. Follow these experts provided tips to clear the exam easily.
- Candidates need to practice at least 2-3 essays daily.
- Do not use unnecessary words while writing an essay.
- Try to write essays on online platforms and that will help build your typing speed.
- Analyze your translation skills by translating English to Hindi and vice versa passages every day.
- Present the essay in the right format that includes an introduction, the main concept, positive aspects, negative aspects, and the conclusion.
- Avoid writing the same point more than once.
- Maintain a neutral tone throughout the essay.
General SSC JHT Preparation Tips 2020
Follow the below mentioned General SSC JHT Online Preparation Tips and tricks to better prepare for the exam.
- Understand the syllabus and exam pattern in and out. Go through the entire syllabus and understand each topic.
- After knowing the syllabus, collect the required study materials from a proper source. Online reference books can also be studied.
- Take up SSC JHT Mock Tests regularly to test your preparation. This will help in improving your speed and managing time.
- A timetable should be laid down and every subject should be covered daily. At least 5 hours should be dedicated to studying and weaker subjects should be given more time.
- Speed is an important factor in the exam. Try to solve questions faster and with accuracy.
- Solving previous year papers and sample papers will help the aspiring candidates to do well in the exams and also work on their weaker subjects.
- candidates should make sure to be updated with the Daily current affairs as it will help in cracking all kinds of competitive exams
- Time management is very important. Both for objective type and conventional type paper, one should manage to complete all answers within the given 2 hours of time.
SSC JHT Preparation Tips 2020 FAQ’s
1) What is the time required for preparing for SSC JHT Exam?
A) If Studying for 4-5 hours daily, then around 4-5 months is enough for preparation. After which candidates can begin their revision. Make it a habit to regularly solve the question paper so that it will make you perfect and also solve at least 3 question papers in a day so that you can have time to improve on weak areas or wherever you go wrong.
2) Where can I get the best preparation material for SSC JHT Exam?
A)You can find many study materials for the SSC JHT Preparation on the internet and book shops, but choosing the best one is the big task. We at Toprankers provide the best study material for SSC Exams. We provide SSC JHT Mock Tests Series, study notes, and many more. Practicing these mock tests would definitely help increase your time management skills and speed.
3) What are the SSC JHT Important Topics for Paper 2 English Section?
A) SSC JHT Important Topics for Paper 2 English Section has two descriptives topics. Both the questions of Paper 2 are subjective in nature. In one of the parts, the candidate has to translate a given passage from a novel or book in the English language to the Hindi language. It tests the transition skills of the examinee. In the second part of the exam, the candidate has to write an essay on an English topic given in the question paper.
4) How can I better prepare for the SSC JHT Exam 2020?
A) Following the expert tips will definitely help you to prepare better for the SSC JHT Exam 2020. Begin your preparation by studying from the right SSC JHT Books which covers all the concepts and topics according to the latest exam pattern and make sure you are aware of the detailed Paper pattern and latest Syllabus of SSC Junior Hindi Translator Exam before starting your preparation.
Taking up Mock Tests regularly and solving SSC JHT Previous Year Questions Papers helps to test your preparation and improve your speed and managing time. It is important to study all the topics present in the syllabus without leaving any topic. One of the best methods to score more marks in the exam is to practice as many previous year question papers as possible.
5)What are the best books for the preparation of SSC JHT Hindi Language?
A) Go through the list of best books provided below for the preparation of the SSC JHT Hindi Language and start your preparation for the exam.
|Idioms, Phrases & Proverbs with Hindi Meanings||H S Bhatia||Ramesh Publishing House|
|General Hindi and Concise Grammar – An Indispensable Guide for all Competitive Exams||Dr. Brij Kishore Prasad Singh||Unicorn Books (2009)|
|Adhunik Hindi Vyakaran Aur Rachna (Hindi)||Dr. Vashudevnandan Prasad||Bharti Bhawan Publisher & Distributors (2017)|
Share your thoughts/queries here!