SSC JHT Exam Pattern 2020
The Staff Selection Commission (SSC) will soon conduct a recruitment drive for filling in various Junior Hindi Translator posts across the country. To make candidates’ preparation easy, here we provided with the detailed SSC JHT Exam Pattern 2020.
- For any preparation to be successful, candidates must be thorough with all the topics and concepts that will be asked in the SSC JHT Exam thoroughly.
- SSC JHT 2020 Exam pattern will help candidates to be aware of the number of questions in each section and marking scheme of the exam.
- The JHT Exam is conducted in two stages: paper-1 and Paper-2.
- Candidates can plan their preparation accordingly, only when they are aware of the SSC JHT Paper Pattern 2020.
- Practicing SSC JHT Previous Year Question Papers will help enhance your exam preparation.
SSC JHT Exam Pattern 2020
The Staff Selection Commission will be releasing a notice for JHT (Junior Hindi Translator) recruitment tentatively on 17 April 2020. We can expect a good number of vacancies this year for the post of Junior Hindi Translator (JHT), Junior Translator (JT), Senior Hindi Translator (SHT) and Hindi Pradhyapak (HP). Go through the complete post to know the SSC JHT Exam Pattern 2020.
- Candidates who are appearing for the Junior Hindi Translator Exam must begin their preparation well in advance to complete all the topics before the exam.
- Follow the tips provided by experts to boost your preparation and score more in all stages of examination.
- Check out the details of the SSC JHT Exam Pattern and Marking scheme to know marks for each section and total time duration to complete the exam.
- Candidates have to score above the SSC JHT Cut Off to get selected for the desired post.
SSC JHT Exam Pattern 2020 Highlights
|Name of the exam||SSC Junior Hindi Translator Exam|
|Conducted by||Staff Selection Commission|
|Number of Stages||Two: Paper 1 & paper 2|
|Exam Mode||Paper 1 – Computer Based Test (Online)|
|Paper 2 – Pen Paper Based Test (Offline)|
|Exam Type||Paper 1- Objective|
|Paper 2 – Descriptive|
|Number of sections||Paper 1: General English and General Hindi|
|Paper 2: Translation and Essay Writing|
|Negative Marking||Paper 1 – 0.25 marks for each wrong answer|
|Paper 2 – No negative marking|
|Exam duration||2 hours each paper|
SSC JHT Exam Pattern
As per the notification, the SSC JHT Exam consists of two papers:
The SSC JHT 2020 Exam is designed to test the candidates’ expertise over language and literature, their wise use of words, phrases, idioms, and ability to write the languages correctly, precisely and effectively. Before starting with the preparation, candidates must go through the SSC JHT 2020 Exam Pattern of both Paper-1 and Paper-2.
|Paper-I||General English||100|| For each Section
General Candidates – 2 hours
VH/OH Candidates – 2 hours 40 mins
|Paper-II||Translations and Essays||200|
SSC JHT Paper1 Exam pattern
SSC JHT Paper-1 Exam will be conducted tentatively in the month of October 2020. The Paper I Exam contains two sections: General Hindi & General English. Each section has 100 multiple choice questions for 100 marks. The exam is scheduled for two hours.
- Paper-1 is an objective type paper.
- SSC JHT Paper I exam, a computer-based test is conducted for a total of 200 marks. Candidates need to secure minimum marks to qualify in the exam.
- There is a 0.25 negative marking for each wrong answer.
|Number of questions||200|
|Type of questions||Objective type|
|Total marks||200 marks|
|Subjects||General English and General Hindi|
|Negative Marking||0.25 marks for each wrong answer|
SSC JHT Paper2 Exam pattern
SSC JHT Paper-II Exam is a descriptive type paper that contains Translation & Essay section. The exam is conducted for a total of 200 marks.
There will be two passages which for transition one from Hindi to English and vice-versa. And the other is an Essay. Check the complete details about the SSC JHT Exam pattern paper 2 in the table provided below.
|Type of questions||Descriptive type|
|Total marks||200 marks|
|Negative Marking||No Negative marking|
SSC JHT Syllabus 2020
The SSC JHT Syllabus varies for each stage of the exam. Candidates can go through the glimpse of the syllabus for each phase of exams here. There are 2 exams.
- Paper-I Exam
- Paper-II Exam
SSC JHT Paper-I Syllabus
The paper I for SSC JHT Exam is basically m.c.q based. It includes questions from General English and General Hindi. Applicants must have a good understanding of both the language and literature of these subjects. Questions from degree level are generally asked.
The questions in the paper I will be designed to check the candidates’ understanding of the languages and literature, correct use of words, phrases and idioms and ability to write the languages correctly, precisely and effectively. Check the table below to know section-wise important topics.
SSC JHT Important Topics for General Hindi
SSC JHT General Hindi Paper-1 Syllabus is designed to test the candidate’s ability to write the Hindi Language correctly, precisely and effectively. You can also download the SSC Junior Hindi Translator Syllabus PDF for easy reference and preparation.
|Vocabulary||Translation of Sentences||Fill in the Blanks|
SSC JHT Important Topics for General English
Check the table below to know the important topics need to prepare under the General English Section for Paper I SSC JHT Exam. Here is the list of SSC JHT Important Topics for General English.
|Articles||Preposition||Spelling Test||Phrases and Idioms|
|Vocabulary||Verbs||Grammar||Correct use of words|
|Synonyms||Antonyms||Error Recognition||Sentence Structure|
|Fill in the Blanks||Sentence Completion||–||–|
SSC JHT Paper-II Syllabus
This paper shall contain two passages each from Hindi and English which are to be translated to English and Hindi respectively. Candidates can go through the details tabulated below to know more information about SSC JHT Syllabus 2020.
|SSC JHT Paper||Subject-Wise Sectioning||Number of Questions|
|Paper 2||Translation (Hindi-English) & (English-Hindi)||2|
|Essay Writing (Hindi & English)||2|
SSC JHT Preparation Tips 2020
Following these tips mentioned below can definitely help in scoring the highest marks in the SSC JHT Exam.
- Begin your preparation by studying from the right SSC JHT Books which cover all the concepts and topics according to the latest exam pattern.
- Make sure you are aware of the detailed Paper pattern and latest Syllabus of SSC Junior Hindi Translator Exam.
- Take up SSC JHT Mock Tests regularly to test your preparation. This will help in improving your speed and managing time.
- Study all the topics present in the syllabus without leaving any topic.
- The best method to score more marks in the exam is to practice as many previous year question papers as possible.
- candidates should make sure to be updated with the Daily current affairs as it will help in cracking all kinds of competitive exams
- one should manage to complete all answers within the given 2 hours of time.
SSC JHT Exam Pattern 2020 FAQ’s
1) What are the important topics of Hindi that need to be prepared for the SSC JHT paper-1 Exam?
A) The important topics of Hindi that need to be prepared for the SSC JHT paper-1 Exam include:
- Fill in the Blanks
- Error Detection
- Translation of Sentences
- Plural Forms
2) What is the pattern of the Paper -1SSC JHT Exam?
A) SSC JHT Paper-1 is a computer-based test and it includes the questions from General Hindi and General English. The exam is conducted for a total of two hours. The questions are an objective type and the exam is conducted for a total of 200 marks and each section comprises 100 M.C.Q’s. There is a 0.25 negative marking for each wrong answer.
3) What is the SSC JHT Paper-2 Exam Pattern?
A)SSC JHT Paper-II Exam is a descriptive type paper that contains Translation & Essay section. The exam is conducted for a total of 200 marks. There will be two passages which for transition one from Hindi to English and vice-versa. And the other is an Essay. There is no negative marking for SSC JHT Paper-2 Exam.
4)What are the SSC JHT Important Topics for Paper 2 English Section?
A) SSC JHT Important Topics for Paper 2 English Section has two descriptives topics. Both the questions of Paper 2 are subjective in nature. In one of the parts, the candidate has to translate a given passage from a novel or book in the English language to the Hindi language. It tests the transition skills of the examinee. In the second part of the exam, the candidate has to write an essay on an English topic given in the question paper.
5) How can I better prepare for the SSC JHT Exam 2020?
A) Following the expert tips will definitely help you to prepare better for the SSC JHT Exam 2020. Begin your preparation by studying from the right SSC JHT Books which covers all the concepts and topics according to the latest exam pattern and make sure you are aware of the detailed Paper pattern and latest Syllabus of SSC Junior Hindi Translator Exam before starting your preparation.
Share your thoughts/queries here!