SSC JE Syllabus 2019 | Check Latest Syllabus for Paper 1 & 2 of CE, EE & ME
- SSC JE Syllabus 2019
- SSC JE 2019 Syllabus
- Paper I:- SSC JE Syllabus 2019
- (Paper II):- General Engineering (Civil, (Electrical & Mechanical) – SSC JE Syllabus 2019
- SSC JE Syllabus for Paper II
- SSC JE Syllabus PDF 2019
- Books for SSC JE Preparation :
- SSC JE 2019 Preparation Tips
Know SSC JE Syllabus for Civil, Electrical, and Mechanical Engineering. Find complete SSC JE Syllabus for both paper I & Paper II examination for SSC JE, Junior Engineer examination 2019 – SSC JE Syllabus 2019
SSC JE Syllabus 2019
SSC JE Syllabus 2019:- As the process of online application is currently active and the very first thing candidates are looking to do is to know the complete SSC JE Syllabus in order to start their preparation for JE, Junior Engineer exam.
- JE, Junior Engineer exam is conducted by SSC at various exam centers throughout the nation.
- Find the latest syllabus for SSC JE 2019 as per the latest SSC guidelines.
- The SSC JE syllabus includes all engineering topics for Civil Engineering, Mechanical Engineering, and Electrical Engineering.
- If you are yet not aware of the JE exam pattern, read our post on SSC JE Exam Pattern.
- The SSC JE Exam Syllabus will help candidates in concentrating well in their areas of study and focus on the important topics for the examination.
- To know best tips, tricks and practices, read our post on SSC JE Preparation tips.
SSC JE 2019 Syllabus
Before learning the SSC JE, Junior Engineer syllabus in details, let’s have a look at the exam pattern for SSC JE 2019 examination.
Let’s start with the SSC JE Prelims Exam Pattern below;
|Subject||No. of Questions||Max. Marks||Time|
|(i) General Intelligence & Reasoning||50||50||2 Hours|
|(ii) General Awareness||50||50|
Civil & Structural
- The preliminary examination for the post of SSC JE will consist of 3 sections with General Intelligence & Reasoning, and General Awareness will consist of 50 marks whereas the technical section for SSC JE Preliminary exam will consist of 100 marks.
- There will be a total of 200 questions for 200 marks and the total time duration will be 2 Hrs (120 Minutes).
Now, let us have a glance at the SSC JE Mains Exam Pattern below;
|Subject||No. of Questions / Max. Marks||Time|
Civil & Structural
- This section of SSC JE, Junior Engineer 2019 exam will consist of 1 section having a weight-age of 300 marks and the total time duration will be 2 Hrs (120 Minutes).
- In this section, questions will be asked from your chosen technical stream as per your specialization in the stream.
Now, as you are aware of the SSC JE 2019 exam pattern, let’s have a look at the SSC JE Syllabus 2019 for both Paper I (Preliminary Exam) and Paper II (Mains Exam).
Let’s start with the paper I (Preliminary exam) for the SSC JE 2019 exam;
Paper I:- SSC JE Syllabus 2019
To clear the SSC JE exam with flying colors, one must not leave any topic unprepared as to score optimum marks. Given below are the topics to prepare as per the latest SSC JE Syllabus :
General Intelligence & Reasoning:
- The test may include questions on analogies, similarities, differences, space visualization, problem-solving, analysis, judgment, decision making, visual memory, discrimination, observation, relationship concepts, arithmetical reasoning, verbal and figure classification, arithmetical number series etc.
- The test will also include questions designed to test the candidate’s abilities to deal with abstract ideas and symbols and their relationships, arithmetical computations and other analytical functions.
- The test will include questions related to India and its neighboring countries especially pertaining to History, Culture, Geography, Economic Scene, General Polity, and Scientific Research, etc.
- These questions will be such that they do not require a special study of any discipline.
(Paper II):- General Engineering (Civil, (Electrical & Mechanical) – SSC JE Syllabus 2019
SSC JE 2019 Syllabus for Civil Engineering with Weightage
Below are the topics and expected number of questions as per the latest SSC JE CE Syllabus.
- Building Materials – 20 to 25 questions
- Estimating, Costing and Valuation – 5 to 8 questions
- Surveying – 10 to 12 questions
- Soil Mechanics – 5 to 8 questions
- Hydraulics – 10 to 12 questions
- The strength of Materials – 10 to 12 questions
- Irrigation Engineering – 3 to 5 questions
- Transportation Engineering – 0 to 4 questions
- RCC Design – 10 to 12 questions
- Steel Design – 8 to 12 questions
SSC JE 2019 Syllabus for Electrical Engineering with weightage
Below are the topics and expected number of questions as per the latest SSC JE EE Syllabus;
- Basic Network – 30 to 35 questions
- Electrical Machines – 25 to 30 questions
- Basic Electronics – 10 to 15 questions
- Power Systems – 10 to 15 questions
- Measurement & Measuring Instruments – 10 to 15 questions
SSC JE 2019 Syllabus for Mechanical Engineering with weightage
Below are the topics and expected number of questions as per the latest SSC JE ME Syllabus;
- Fluid Mechanics & Machinery – 17 to 20 questions
- Production Engineering – 13 to 15 questions
- The strength of Materials – 12 to 13 questions
- Theory of Machines – 10 to 11 questions
- Thermodynamics – 7 to 8 questions
- IC Engine – 7 to 8 questions
- Power Engineering – 6 to 7 questions
- Machine Design – 4 to 5 questions
- Refrigeration & Air-Conditioning – 3 to 4 questions
SSC JE Syllabus for Paper II
SSC JE Syllabus for Civil & Structural Engineering
- Building Materials
- Estimating, Costing and Valuation
- Soil Mechanics
- Irrigation Engineering
- Transportation Engineering
- Environmental Engineering
- Structural Engineering
- Theory of structures
- Concrete Technology
- RCC Design
- Steel Design
To know more, download SSC JE 2019 Civil Syllabus.
SSC JE Syllabus for Electrical Engineering
- Basic concepts
- Circuit law
- Magnetic Circuit
- AC Fundamentals
- Measurement and measuring instruments
- Electrical Machines: (a) D.C. Machine (b) 1 phase and 3 phase transformers (c) 3 phase induction motors
- Fractional Kilowatt Motors and Single Phase Induction Motors
- Synchronous Machines
- Generation, Transmission, and Distribution
- Estimation and costing
- Utilization of Electrical Energy
- Basic Electronics
To know more, download SSC JE 2019 Electrical Syllabus
SSC JE Syllabus for Mechanical Engineering
- Theory of Machines and Machine Design
- Engineering Mechanics and Strength of Materials
- Thermal Engineering
- Fluid Mechanics & Machinery, Fluid Statics, Fluid Kinematics
- Classification of Steels, Welding & Machining
To know more, download SSC JE 2019 Mechanical Syllabus
SSC JE Syllabus PDF 2019
Applicants who want to download the official Syllabus for SSC JE as per latest notification for SSC JE 2019. In the table below, we have mentioned the SSC JE Syllabus PDF for both Paper I (Preliminary) and Paper II (Mains);
SSC JE Syllabus 2019
Books for SSC JE Preparation :
While you are looking to clear SSC JE 2019, we have prepared a list of best books for SSC JE (Junior Engineer) exam preparation. Find the recommended books as suggested by toppers and experts as per the new pattern and syllabus of SSC JE 2019 exam;
Recommended Books for SSC JE Civil Engineering
- SSC Junior Engineer Civil & Structural Engineering Recruitment Exam Guide by Disha Prakashan
- Kiran Publishing’s SSC Junior Engineer Civil and Structural Engineering Exam Practice Work Book
- SSC CPWD-MES Junior Engineers Recruitment Examination Civil Engineering by GK Publications
Recommended Books for SSC JE Electrical Engineering
- Kiran SSC Junior Engineer Exam Electrical Guide-cum-practice work Book by Kiran Prakashan.
- SSC Junior Engineers (Cpwd/Cwc/ Mes) Electrical Engineering 15 Practice by GK Publication
- Juniors Engineers Electrical Examination Guide: Electrical Engineering (Popular Master Guide) by Ramesh Publishing
Recommended Books for SSC JE Mechanical Engineering
- SSC Junior Engineers (Mechanical) Exam Guide, by Ramesh Publishing
- Kiran’s SSC Junior Engineer Mechanical Engineering Self Study Guide-cum-practice workbook
SSC JE 2019 Preparation Tips
A well-planned preparation Tips can guide you through a strategized plan and if followed it will pave a pathway to success in SSC JE, Junior Engineer examination. Below, we have mentioned the few of the best practices for each section of SSC JE examination.
SSC JE Preparation Tips for Reasoning Ability
- The best method to score more in this section is to practice as many types of questions as possible.
- Take Mock Tests daily.
SSC JE Preparation Tips for General Awareness
- Read the newspaper daily.
- Go through yearbooks and informative magazines.
- Take the SSC daily quiz to improve your performance in a fun way.
SSC JE Preparation Tips for Civil/Electrical/Mechanical Engineering
- Go through the complete syllabus and weight-age first.
- Focus more on those questions which have more weight-age.
- Take a Mock Test on a daily basis.
Hope you liked this post on SSC JE Syllabus 2019. If you have any query or suggestion, dow write us in the comments below.
Share your thoughts/queries here!