SSC JE Syllabus – Check Latest Syllabus for Paper 1 & 2 of CE, EE & ME
SSC JE Syllabus 2018 – Find the complete SSC JE Syllabus for Civil, Electrical, and Mechanical Engineering.
SSC JE Syllabus
The SSC JE paper I exam will be held from 22nd to 29th January 2018. Earlier, it was scheduled to be held from 22nd to 25th January but the dates got extended. And you have around 2 weeks left to prepare for the exam. To be successful in cracking the exam, you must use this limited time properly. Take the first step by learning the complete SSC JE Syllabus in detail for both the papers and all the sections.Find the latest syllabus for SSC JE 2018 as per the SSC guidelines. The SSC JE syllabus includes all engineering topics for Civil Engineering, Mechanical Engineering and Electrical Engineering.The SSC JE Exam Syllabus will help candidates in concentrating well in their areas of study and focus on the important topics for the examination. It will also help in better preparation and time management studies. The detaied SSC JE syllabus here will cover topics for both Paper-1 and Paper-2 of the SSC JE.
SSC JE 2018 Exam Pattern
Let us see the SSC JE Prelims Exam Pattern now.
|Subject||No. of Questions||Max. Marks||Time|
|(i) General Intelligence & Reasoning||50||50||2 Hours|
|(ii) General Awareness||50||50|
Civil & Structural
Now, let us have a glance at the SSC JE Mains Exam Pattern.
|Subject||No. of Questions / Max. Marks||Time|
Civil & Structural
Paper I : SSC JE Syllabus
Given below are the topics to prepare as per latest SSC JE Syllabus :
- General Intelligence & Reasoning: The test may include questions on analogies, similarities, differences, space visualization, problem solving, analysis, judgement, decision making, visual memory, discrimination, observation, relationship concepts, arithmetical reasoning, verbal and figure classification, arithmetical number series etc. The test will also include questions designed to test the candidate’s abilities to deal with abstract ideas and symbols and their relationships, arithmetical computations and other analytical functions.
- General Awareness: The test will include questions related to India and its neighboring countries especially pertaining to History, Culture, Geography, Economic Scene, General Polity and Scientific Research, etc. These questions will be such that they do not require a special study of any discipline.
- General Engineering (Civil, (Electrical & Mechanical)
SSC JE Syllabus for Civil Engineering with Weightage
Below are the topics and expected number of questions as per latest SSC JE CE Syllabus.
- Building Materials – 20 to 25 questions
- Estimating, Costing and Valuation – 5 to 8 questions
- Surveying – 10 to 12 questions
- Soil Mechanics – 5 to 8 questions
- Hydraulics – 10 to 12 questions
- Strength of Materials – 10 to 12 questions
- Irrigation Engineering – 3 to 5 questions
- Transportation Engineering – 0 to 4 questions
- RCC Design – 10 to 12 questions
- Steel Design – 8 to 12 questions
SSC JE Syllabus for Electrical Engineering with weightage
Below are the topics and expected number of questions as per latest SSC JE EE Syllabus.
- Basic Network – 30 to 35 questions
- Electrical Machines – 25 to 30 questions
- Basic Electronics – 10 to 15 questions
- Power Systems – 10 to 15 questions
- Measurement & Measuring Instruments – 10 to 15 questions
SSC JE Syllabus for Mechanical Engineering with weightage
Below are the topics and expected number of questions as per latest SSC JE ME Syllabus.
- Fluid Mechanics & Machinery – 17 to 20 questions
- Production Engineering – 13 to 15 questions
- Strength of Materials – 12 to 13 questions
- Theory of Machines – 10 to 11 questions
- Thermodynamics – 7 to 8 questions
- IC Engine – 7 to 8 questions
- Power Engineering – 6 to 7 questions
- Machine Design – 4 to 5 questions
- Refrigeration & Air-Conditioning – 3 to 4 questions
SSC JE Syllabus for Paper II
SSC JE Syllabus for Civil & Structural Engineering
- Building Materials
- Estimating, Costing and Valuation
- Soil Mechanics
- Irrigation Engineering
- Transportation Engineering
- Environmental Engineering
- Structural Engineering
- Theory of structures
- Concrete Technology
- RCC Design
- Steel Design
SSC JE Syllabus for Electrical Engineering
- Basic concepts
- Circuit law
- Magnetic Circuit
- AC Fundamentals
- Measurement and measuring instruments
- Electrical Machines: (a) D.C. Machine (b) 1 phase and 3 phase transformers (c) 3 phase induction motors
- Fractional Kilowatt Motors and Single Phase Induction Motors
- Synchronous Machines
- Generation, Transmission, and Distribution
- Estimation and costing
- Utilization of Electrical Energy
- Basic Electronics
SSC JE Syllabus for Mechanical Engineering
- Theory of Machines and Machine Design
- Engineering Mechanics and Strength of Materials
- Thermal Engineering
- Fluid Mechanics & Machinery, Fluid Statics, Fluid Kinematics
- Classification of Steels, Welding & Machining
Books for SSC JE Preparation :
Find the recommended books as suggested by toppers and experts as per the new pattern and syllabus of SSC JE 2018 exam.
Recommended Books for SSC JE Civil Engineering
- SSC Junior Engineer Civil & Structural Engineering Recruitment Exam Guide by Disha Prakashan
- SSC Junior Engineer Civil and Structural Engineering Exam Practice Work Book by Kiran Publishing
- SSC CPWD-MES Junior Engineers Recruitment Examination Civil Engineering by GK Publications
Recommended Books for SSC JE Electrical Engineering
- Kiran SSC Junior Engineer Exam Electrical Guide-cum-practice work Book by Kiran Prakashan.
- SSC Junior Engineers (Cpwd/Cwc/ Mes) Electrical Engineering 15 Practice by GK Publication
- Juniors Engineers Electrical Examination Guide: Electrical Engineering (Popular Master Guide) by Ramesh Publishing
Recommended Books for SSC JE Mechanical Engineering
- SSC Junior Engineers (Mechanical) Exam Guide, by Ramesh Publishing
- Kiran’s SSC Junior Engineer Mechanical Engineering Self Study Guide-cum-practice work book
SSC JE Preparation Tips for Reasoning Ability
- The best method to score more in this section is to practice as many types of questions as possible.
- Take Mock Tests daily.
SSC JE Preparation Tips for General Awareness
- Read newspaper daily.
- Go through yearbooks and informative magazines.
- Take the SSC daily quiz to improve your performance in a fun way.
SSC JE Preparation Tips for Civil/Electrical/Mechanical Engineering
- Go thorugh the complete syllabus and weigtage first.
- Focus more on those questions which have more weightage.
- Take a Mock Test on a daily basis.
Find the detailed syllabus for each section below:
To learn how to crack SSC JE in one month, click here.
So, tell us, did you find our post on SSC JE Syllabus helpful? Then, keep visiting us regularly for more exam syllabus updates.
Share your thoughts/queries here!