SSC JE Selection Process 2019 | Check Selection Procedure Here
- SSC JE Selection Process 2019
- SSC JE Selection process 2019
- Step 1 – SSC JE 2019 Application Form
- Step 2 – Appearing for Paper 1
- Step 3 – Appearing in Paper 2 exam
- Step 4 – Document Verification
- Step 5- Medical Examination
- Step 6 – Final Selection and Allotment to Various Posts
Check the detailed step-wise SSC JE Selection Process 2019. Get in-depth knowledge of SSC JE Preliminary (Paper 1) and Mains (Paper 2) exams – SSC JE Selection Process 2019
SSC JE Selection Process 2019
SSC JE Selection Process 2019:- The Selection process for SSC JE can be briefly explained as a two-stage selection procedure; Paper 1 and Paper 2.
- SSC JE Paper 1 is an objective type of computer-based test while Paper 2 is a descriptive test.
- Candidates who will qualify paper 1 (Prelims) as per the minimum qualifying standards will be eligible to appear for paper 2 (Mains), dates for the same will be announced later.
- Well, the foremost thing one needs to know in order to start your exam preparation for SSC JE is SSC JE Syllabus 2019.
- Once you know the syllabus well, you must plan a fine way in order to smoothen your exam preparation. To know more, read our post on SSC JE Preparation Tips 2019.
SSC JE Selection process 2019
The selection process for SSC JE will consist of two stages; Preliminary exam (Paper I), and Mains exam (Paper II). While these are the two stages you must clear in order to qualify for SSC JE (Junior Engineer) 2019 job. In simple words, below is the mentioned roadmap for SSC JE Selection Process
- Filling the application form ⇒ Preliminary exam (Paper I)
- Mains exam (Paper II)
- Document Verification ⇒ Allotment to the various posts
- Medical Examination
Applicants who are applying should be in the age group of 18-32 years and must possess a degree/diploma in Engineering to apply for the recruitment process. Read all the complete necessary details of SSC JE 2019 exam procedure from the article below.
Posts Offered – SSC JE Exam 2019
The posts to be offered by SSC under Participating organizations i.e. Central Water Commission, CPWD, Department of Post and MES are:
- (Quantity Surveying and Contract
- Electrical and Mechanical
Now let’s take a detailed review of the SSC JE Selection Process 2019 and the steps involved in it:
Step 1 – SSC JE 2019 Application Form
The first and foremost step of the SSC JE 2019 selection process is to fill up the application form. The SSC JE application form was available from 1st February to 25th February 2019. All the candidates must have filled up the application form. The application form could be filled online and candidates need to pay Rs.100/- as application fees barring candidates from reserved categories.
Step 2 – Appearing for Paper 1
As we have already mentioned, the selection procedure includes attempting the SSC JE Paper 1. We have mentioned the pattern of Paper 1 below which states it is held online and consists of three sections General Intelligence and Reasoning, General Awareness, and General Engineering (Civil/Electrical/Mechanical). Paper 1 of SSC JE is of 200 marks and the duration of the exam is of 2 hours.
SSC JE Paper I Exam Pattern
In the table below, we have mentioned the SSC JE Exam Pattern for Paper I;
|Papers||Mode of Examination||Subject||Maximum Marks||Duration & Timings|
|Paper-I Objective type||Computer Based Test||General Intelligence & Reasoning||50||2 Hours Morning shift [10.00 AM to 12.00 Noon] Afternoon Shift [2.00 PM to 4.00 PM]|
|Part – A General Engineering (Civil & Structural) Or Part-B General Engineering (Electrical) Or Part-C General Engineering (Mechanical)||100|
Step 3 – Appearing in Paper 2 exam
Candidates who are successfully qualifying paper 1 of SSC JE 2019 will be appearing for Paper 2. The dates for Paper 2 have not been announced. As per the SSC JE exam pattern, the paper will be conducted offline and will consist of conventional paper. Part-A General Engineering (Civil & Structural) Or Part- B General Engineering (Electrical) Or Part-C General Engineering (Mechanical) comes under paper 2. The maximum marks allotted to SSC JE Paper 2 is 300 marks.
SSC JE Paper 2 Exam Pattern
In the table below, we have mentioned the SSC JE Exam Pattern for Paper II;
|Paper||Mode of exam||Subjects||Total Marks||Time Duration|
|Paper-II Conventional Type||Written||Part-A General Engineering (Civil & Structural) Or Part- B General Engineering (Electrical) Or Part-C General Engineering (Mechanical)||300||3 hours|
To know complete SSC JE Prelims (Paper I) and Mains (Paper II) Exam Pattern, read our post on SSC JE Exam Pattern 2019.
Step 4 – Document Verification
- Document verification will be based on candidates’ marks in Paper 1 and 2 exams.
- The admission is provisional is subjected to their satisfying the prescribed eligibility conditions.
- At the time of verification if any candidates do not fulfill any of the eligibility conditions, His\Her candidature will be canceled by the commission.
You may also like:- Click to check SSC JE Electrical Syllabus
Step 5- Medical Examination
To make sure that the applying candidates are medically fit to carry out the duties properly, the candidates will have to pass the requisite medical fitness test(s) conducted by the concerned department.
Step 6 – Final Selection and Allotment to Various Posts
After the above stages are completed successfully, they will appear for the final stage of SSC JE selection procedure i.e. final allotment. As per the marks, ranks will be allotted to candidates. Allotment to the various posts will be done amongst the candidates on the merit list.
You may also like:- Get Experts’ Tips to Crack SSC JE Here
All the best
Hope you liked this post on SSC JE Selection Process 2019. If you have any query or suggestion, do write to us in the comments below.
Share your thoughts/queries here!