SSC JE Mechanical Syllabus 2019 | Important Topics and Sample Questions
- SSC JE Mechanical Syllabus 2019
- Exam Highlights – SSC JE Mechanical syllabus
- Top Tips to prepare for SSC JE Mechanical Exam
Know Wieghtage-wise Paper-I and Topic-wise Paper II syllabus to prepare for SSC (JE) Junior Engineer exam. Also, learn various important tips to keep note of while preparing for SSC JE 2019 – SSC JE Mechanical Syllabus 2019
SSC JE Mechanical Syllabus 2019
SSC JE Mechanical Syllabus 2019:- Staff Selection Commission, SSC conducts the exam for Junior Engineer (JE) from the mechanical branch. As the candidates are looking for SSC JE Mechanical Syllabus for the year 2019, we have prepared a dedicated post on SSC JE Mechanical Syllabus 2019.
- Paper I comprises of 100 questions (100 marks) from SSC JE Mechanical Syllabus 2019.
- Paper II will be a 300 marks subjective test and SSC JE Mechanical will cover complete 300 for candidates belonging to mechanical engineering.
- To know complete Syllabus for SSC JE, read our post on SSC JE Syllabus 2019.
- To learn the best tips, tricks, and practices, read our post on SSC JE Preparation Tips 2019
Exam Highlights – SSC JE Mechanical syllabus
|Organization Name||Staff Selection Commission|
|Name of the Exam||SSC Junior Engineer Exam|
|Closing date to apply was||25th February 2019|
|Selection Process||Written Test & Interview|
|Paper 1 Exam date||To be Notified|
|Category||Syllabus (Mechanical Engineering)|
Complete SSC JE Mechanical Syllabus 2019
Mechanical Engineering will be a section for all the candidates from the mechanical stream for both SSC JE Paper I and Paper II exam. In order to prepare well, all the applicants need to know complete SSC JE Mechanical syllabus well. Once you know the syllabus, things automatically become easier and your exam preparation will become smooth. Now let’s look at the complete SSC JE Mechanical Syllabus for 2019 JE (Junior Engineer) exam.
Let’s start with the exam pattern for SSC JE Paper I exam;
|Examination Type||Subjects||No. of Questions||Marks||
|1.||Objective Type||General Intelligence||50||50||2 Hours Morning shift [10.00 AM to 12.00 Noon] Afternoon Shift [2.00 PM to 4.00 PM]|
Part A (Civil & Structural)
Part B (Electrical)
Part C (Mechanical)
- Out of 200 marks for SSC JE Paper I exam, Part C (Mechanical) section will carry 100 marks.
- The paper I exam for SSC JE will have 100 questions.
- It is an objective type test.
- SSC JE Paper I exam will last for 2 hours.
- There will negative marking of 1/4 (0.25) marks for every wrong answer.
Topic-wise SSC JE Mechanical Syllabus (paper I) 2019 with respective weightage
- Fluid Mechanics & Machinery – 17 to 20 questions
- Production Engineering – 13 to 15 questions
- The strength of Materials – 12 to 13 questions
- Theory of Machines – 10 to 11 questions
- Thermodynamics – 7 to 8 questions
- IC Engine – 7 to 8 questions
- Power Engineering – 6 to 7 questions
- Machine Design – 4 to 5 questions
- Refrigeration & Air-Conditioning – 3 to 4 questions
Now let’s look at the exam pattern for the Paper II of the SSC JE examination.
|Sections Asked||Maximum Marks||Duration|
|Part A- General Eng. (civil & structural)||300||2 Hours|
|Part B- General Eng. (electrical)|
|Part C- General Eng. (mechanical)|
- Paper II exam is conducted for 300 marks from part A/ part B/ and part C.
- The examination lasts for 2 hours.
- Candidates need to select their preferred stream from Part A (Civil & Structural Engineering), Part B (Electrical), and Part C (Mechanical).
Topic-wise SSC JE Mechanical Syllabus (paper II) 2019
In the table below, we have mentioned Topic-wise Syllabus for Paper II of SSC JE 2019 Mechanical exam;
SSC JE Syllabus For Mechanical Engineering
|Theory Of Machines and Machine Designs||The concept of simple machine, Four bar linkage and link motion, Flywheels, and fluctuation of energy
Power transmission by belts – V-belts and Flat belts, Clutches – Plate and Conical clutch, Gears –Type of gears etc.
|Engineering Mechanics and Strength of Materials||Equilibrium of Forces, Law of motion, Friction, Concepts of stress and strain, Elastic limit.
Elastic constants, Bending moments and shear force diagram, Stress in composite bars etc.
|Thermal Engineering||Properties of Pure Substance1st & 2nd Law of Thermodynamics
Air standard Cycles for IC Engines.
Rankine Cycle of steam
|Fluid Mechanics Machinery||Properties & Classification of fluid
Measurement of Fluid Pressure
Dynamics of Ideal Fluids
Measurement Of Flow Rate Basic Principles
Classification Of Steels
Top Tips to prepare for SSC JE Mechanical Exam
Know complete Syllabus
The foremost thing one needs to do while preparing for SSC JE Mechanical section is to know the complete SSC JE Mechanical Syllabus. Once you are familiar which what you need to study, things become much easier.
Prepare a plan
You must plan a roadmap for your exam preparation in order to follow certain well-paved way. Most importantly, It will enhance your learning efficiency and it plays a huge part in any exam preparation.
Set Long-term & Short-term Goals
Once you have a Study-plan, Give yourself a long-term target and then divide it into many short-term targets. Try to set achievable goals initially and later, challenge yourself as you enhance your proficiency in SSC JE Mechanical Section.
Take Mock tests regularly
While it’s important to prepare well, it is much necessary to analyze your SSC JE exam preparation. Taking a mock test regularly can be a great tool to analyze your performance on a daily basis. Well, if you are looking to take mock tests for Govt. Jobs, Take ScoreUp Subscription plan by Toprankers and you can prepare for more than 100 Govt. Jobs throughout the nations.
One must revise regularly in order to stay in the loop with your exam preparation. This the best practice for quick learning. Try revising things which you studied a few days earlier and you can definitely prepare well to crack SSC JE exam.
Well, confidence still remains the key to an exam. The more confident you are, more will be the efficiency and so will be the end product. You must remain calm and try to do things which you are really good at to distract yourself from preparing for SSC JE exam. It will help you entertain your brain and will boost your confidence.
To know best tips, tricks and Practices, read our post on SSC JE Preparation Tips 2019
Hope you liked this post on SSC JE Mechanical Syllabus 2019. If you have any query or suggestion, do write to us in the comments below.
Share your thoughts/queries here!