SSC JE Exam Pattern 2019 | Know Paper I & II Exam Pattern!
The Staff Selection Commission has scheduled the SSC JE Exam in the month of September and November 2019, for Paper 1 and Paper 2 respectively. As there is an ample amount of time left for the exam, it is good if candidates begin their preparation now. To begin the preparation, firstly candidates must be aware of the SSC JE Exam Pattern.
Here is the information regarding the official Exam Pattern. Go through the post to know more in detail.
- For any preparation to be successful, candidates must be thorough with all the topics and concepts that will be asked in the exam.
- Knowing the exam patterns will let you be aware of marking scheme for each section and also time duration.
- Candidates can plan their preparation only when they are aware of how many questions for how much marks are appearing in the examination.
SSC JE Exam Pattern 2019
The Staff Selection Committee, SSC conducts the JE exam in two stages; Preliminary and Mains exam.
- Candidates who will clear the objective type preliminary exam for SSC JE will be qualified to write the mains exam.
- SSC JE Mains exam is a written round (Subjective Type).
- Knowing Syllabus well is the foremost step for SSC JE exam preparation. To know more, read our post on SSC JE Syllabus 2019.
- After you are familiar with syllabus and exam pattern, one must follow a well-paved roadmap for the efficient result. To know more, read our post on SSC JE Preparation Tips 2019.
Highlights of SSC JE Exam Pattern 2019
|Exam Mode||Paper 1: Computer-based test (Online); Paper 2: Pen and paper-based mode (Offline)|
|Number of papers||2|
|Question Paper Type||Multiple Choice Questions|
|Total marks||Paper 1: 200 marks; Paper 2: 300 marks|
|Exam duration||2 hours for each paper|
|Exam language||English and Hindi|
|Marking Scheme||1 mark per question|
|Negative Marking||0.25 marks in Paper 1|
SSC JE Exam Pattern 2019
SSC JE exam is conducted in two stages; Prelims (Paper I) and Mains (Paper II). In the tables below, we have mentioned the official Exam Pattern for SSC JE 2019 Paper I & Paper II;
SSC JE Preliminary Exam (Paper I)
Let’s start with the official SSC JE Exam Pattern for the Paper I (Preliminary) exam mentioned in the table below;
- The preliminary round or Paper I of SSC JE will consist of 3 sections; Reasoning Ability, General Awareness, and Technical (Engineering) section.
- This round of the selection process will comprise of 200 questions weighing 200 marks.
- The total duration to finish the preliminary round will be 2 Hrs (120 Minutes).
- Prelims exam will be of Objective Type (Multiple Choice Questions).
- Section 1 and 2 are compulsory for all candidates, however, for section 3 candidates need to make a choice for the subject from Civil/Mechanical/Electrical Engineering
|Section||No. of Questions||Marks||Time|
2 hours in total
|Question-based on Civil or Electrical or Mechanical engineering discipline||100||100|
Candidates who will clear the preliminary round of the SSC JE exam will qualify for Mains examination as the next stage of the selection process.
SSC JE Mains Exam (Paper-II)
Let’s have a look at the exam pattern for SSC JE Mains exam. In the table below, we have mentioned the official SSC JE Paper-II (Mains) exam pattern 2019
- Interestingly, you have to write the Mains exam in pen and paper mode.
- The total marks for this paper are 300, and you will get 2 hours (120 Minutes) to complete the paper.
- Mains exam will have one Technical Section (Civil & Structural or Electrical or Mechanical) where questions from respective streams will be asked.
|Subject||No. of Questions / Max. Marks||Time|
Civil & Structural
SSC JE Syllabus 2019
In the table below, we have mentioned the important topics for SSC JE Paper I & Paper II;
SSC JE Prelims Syllabus
|General Intelligence & Reasoning||Relationship concepts, arithmetical reasoning, verbal and
figure classification, arithmetical number series, etc.
|General Awareness||History, Culture, Geography,
Economic Scene, General Polity, and Scientific Research, etc.
|General Engineering (Civil & Structural, Electrical, and Mechanical)||Civil & Structural – Hydraulics, Irrigation Engineering, Transportation Engineering, Environmental Engineering, Theory of Structures, Concrete Technology, RCC Design, etc.|
|Electrical – Fractional Kilowatt Motors and single phase induction Motors, Synchronous Machines, Generation, Transmission and Distribution, Estimation and Costing, Utilization and Electrical Energy, Basic Electronics, etc.|
|Mechanical – Specification, Fitting & Accessories, Air Compressors & their cycles, Refrigeration cycles, Principle of Refrigeration Plant, Nozzles & Steam Turbines, Properties & Classification of Fluids, Fluid Statics, Measurement of Fluid Pressure, Fluid kinematics, Dynamics of Ideal fluids, etc.|
SSC JE Mains Syllabus
|General Engineering (Civil & Structural, Electrical, and Mechanical)||(Part A) Civil & Structural – Building Materials, Estimating, Costing and Valuation, Surveying, Soil Mechanics, Hydraulics, Irrigation Engineering, Transportation Engineering, Environmental Engineering, Theory of Structures, Concrete Technology, RRC Design, Steel Design, etc.|
|(Part B) Electrical – Basic Concepts, Circuit law, Magnetic Circuit, AC Fundamentals, Measurement and Measuring Instruments, Synchronous Machines, Generation, transmission and Distribution, Estimating and Costing, Utilization of Electrical Energy, Basic Electronics, etc.|
|(Part C) Mechanical – Theory of Machines and Machine Design, Engineering Mechanics and Strength of Materials, Thermal Engineering, Fluid Mechanics & Machinery, Production Engineering, etc.|
Well, these were the important topics from SSC JE Paper I (Prelims) & Paper-II (Mains) examination. To know Complete Syllabus for SSC JE, Read our post on SSC JE Syllabus 2019.
Share your thoughts/queries here!