SSC JE Exam Pattern 2019 | Know Paper I & II Exam Pattern!
Find important information regarding the official SSC JE Exam Pattern. Check complete exam pattern for SSC JE 2019 as per the latest guidelines set by the Staff Selection Committee.
SSC JE Exam Pattern 2019
SSC JE Exam Pattern 2019:- The Staff selection Committee, SSC conducts the JE exam in two stages; Preliminary and Mains exam.
- Candidates who will clear the objective type preliminary exam for SSC JE will be qualified to write the mains exam.
- SSC JE Mains exam is a written round (Subjective Type).
- Knowing Syllabus well is the foremost step for SSC JE exam preparation. To know more, Read our post on SSC JE Syllabus 2019.
- After you are familiar with syllabus and exam pattern, one must follow a well-paved roadmap for the efficient result. To know more, read our post on SSC JE Preparation Tips 2019.
SSC JE Exam Pattern 2019
SSC JE exam is conducted in two stages; Prelims (Paper I) and Mains (Paper II). In the tables below, we have mentioned the official Exam Pattern for SSC JE 2019 Paper I & Paper II;
Preliminary Round (Paper I)
Let’s start with the official SSC JE Exam Pattern for the Paper I (Preliminary) exam mentioned in the table below;
|Section||No. of Questions||Marks||Time|
2 hours in total
|Question-based on Civil or Electrical or Mechanical engineering discipline||100||100|
- The preliminary round or Paper I of SSC JE will consist of 3 sections; Reasoning Ability, General Awareness, and Technical (Engineering) section.
- This round of the selection process will comprise of 200 questions weighing 200 marks.
- The total duration to finish the preliminary round will be 2 Hrs (120 Minutes).
- Prelims exam will be of Objective Type (Multiple Choice Questions).
Applicants who will clear the preliminary round of the SSC JE exam will qualify for Mains examination as the next stage of the selection process.
Mains Round (Paper II)
Let’s have a look at the exam pattern for SSC JE Mains exam. In the table below, we have mentioned the official SSC JE Paper II (Mains) exam pattern 2019;
|Subject||No. of Questions / Max. Marks||Time|
Civil & Structural
- Interestingly, you have to write the Mains exam in pen and paper mode.
- The total marks for this paper are 300, and you will get 2 hours (120 Minutes) to complete the paper.
- Mains exam will have one Technical Section (Civil & Structural or Electrical or Mechanical) where questions from respective streams will be asked.
SSC JE Syllabus 2019
In the table below, we have mentioned the important topics for SSC JE Paper I & Paper II;
SSC JE Syllabus – Paper I (Prelims)
|General Intelligence & Reasoning||Relationship concepts, arithmetical reasoning, verbal and
figure classification, arithmetical number series etc.
|General Awareness||History, Culture, Geography,
Economic Scene, General Polity, and Scientific Research, etc.
|General Engineering (Civil & Structural, Electrical, and Mechanical)||Civil & Structural – Hydraulics, Irrigation Engineering, Transportation Engineering, Environmental Engineering, Theory of Structures, Concrete Technology, RCC Design etc.|
|Electrical – Fractional Kilowatt Motors and single phase induction Motors, Synchronous Machines, Generation, Transmission and Distribution, Estimation and Costing, Utilization and Electrical Energy, Basic Electronics etc.|
|Mechanical – Specification, Fitting &
Accessories, Air Compressors & their cycles, Refrigeration cycles, Principle of Refrigeration Plant, Nozzles & Steam Turbines, Properties & Classification of Fluids, Fluid Statics, Measurement of Fluid Pressure, Fluid
kinematics, Dynamics of Ideal fluids etc.
SSC JE Syllabus – Paper II (Mains)
|General Engineering (Civil & Structural, Electrical, and Mechanical)||(Part A) Civil & Structural – Building Materials, Estimating, Costing and Valuation, Surveying, Soil Mechanics, Hydraulics, Irrigation Engineering, Transportation Engineering, Environmental Engineering, Theory of structures, Concrete Technology, RRC Design, Steel Design etc.
|(Part B) Electrical – Basic Concepts, Circuit law, Magnetic Circuit, AC Fundamentals, Measurement and Measuring Instruments, Synchronous Machines, Generation, transmission and Distribution, Estimating and Costing, Utilization of Electrical Energy, Basic Electronics etc.|
|(Part C) Mechanical – Theory of Machines and Machine Design, Engineering Mechanics and Strength of Materials, Thermal Engineering, Fluid Mechanics & Machinery, Production Engineering etc.|
Well, these were the important topics from SSC JE Paper I (Prelims) & Paper II (Mains) examination. To know Complete Syllabus for SSC JE, Read our post on SSC JE Syllabus 2019.
SSC JE Eligibility Criteria
Application for the post of SSC JE will be subject to various eligibility criteria as mentioned in the official notification. In order to apply for JE (Junior Engineer) post for SSC, applicants must fulfill the Criteria as set by the SSC officials.
- You have to be between 18 to 27 years of age for the Department of Post (for Civil and Electrical) and MES (for Surveying and Contract).
- For MES (Civil/Electrical/Mechanical), the maximum age limit is 30 years.
- Furthermore, the maximum age limit is 32 years for Central Water Commission and CPWD (Civil/Electrical/Mechanical).
- You need to have a B.E./B. Tech/Diploma in the concerned discipline from a recognized University.
- Additionally, for MES department, you need to have a minimum of 2 years of work experience in the relevant field.
SSC JE Salary
As per the 7th Pay Commission, the SSC JE pay scale is Rs.35,400 – 1,12,400/- per month.
SSC JE 2018 Result
Finally, you can check your results on the official website. Alternatively, you can check it from our user-friendly page. Be assured; we’ll update the results as soon as we gather the info. To remain the loop, read our post on SSC JE Result 2019.
Hope this post on SSC JE Exam Pattern 2019 was useful for you. if you have any query or suggestion, do write to us in the comments below.
Share your thoughts/queries here!