SSC JE Exam analysis 24th January 2018 – Exam analysis, Review and Questions asked
SSC JE Exam analysis 24th January 2018 – Get complete analysis on Questions asked and difficulty level.
SSC JE Exam analysis 24th January 2018
SSC JE Exam is being held from 22nd January to 29th January 2018.SSC JE is a great opportunity for all engineers. The SSC JE Prelims exams are being conducted from 22nd to 29th January for all Engineering aspirants. In this blog post, we have provided Exam analysis and Review of SSC JE Exam held on 24th January 2018. The exam was held in three shifts today. We have provided overall difficulty level of the exam and questions asked across the different sections of the exam.
Important Dates for SSC JE Exam:
|Exam Event||Important Dates|
|Release of the Online
|21st October 2017|
|Last Date to Register||17th November 2017
(before 5:00 PM)
|SSC JE Paper-1
|22nd to 29th
|SSC JE Paper-2
|29th April 2018|
Examination Paper Pattern SSC JE Recruitment 2017 PDF download:
|Paper||Sections Asked||Maximum Marks||Duration|
|Paper – I||General Awareness||50||2 Hours|
|General Intelligence and Reasoning||50|
|Part A- General Engineering (civil & structural)||100|
|Part B- General Engineering (electrical)|
|Part C- General Engineering (mechanical)|
|Paper – II||Part A- General Eng. (civil & structural)||300||2 Hours|
|Part B- General Eng. (electrical)|
|Part C- General Eng. (mechanical)|
In Paper-I and Paper-II for General Engineering, the candidates appearing for the post of Junior Engineer (Civil), Junior Engineer (Quantity Surveying & Contract) should attempt Part A (Civil & Structural) of Paper-I and Paper-II.
Candidates appearing for the post of Junior Engineer (Electrical) should attempt Part-B (Electrical) and the candidates appearing for the post of Junior Engineer (Mechanical) should attempt Part C (Mechanical) of Paper-I and Paper-II failing which his/her answer sheet (Paper-II) will not be evaluated.
Questions Asked in SSC JE 24th December 2018:
SSC JE Exam Analysis 24th January 2018 – General Intelligence & Reasoning
- Venn Diagram
- Alphabetical Series
SSC JE Exam Analysis 24th January 2018 – General Awareness
- Which line divides the Earth into two equal parts?
- Who was the first female lawmaker in Rajya Sabha?
- What type of molecule is HCL?
- In Tiger counting, which country is helping India?
- Which of the following received Dhyanchand Award in the year 2017?
- First world heritage city of India in music and dance category?
- Which Indian Cricketer hit the maximum number of sixes in the year 2017? (Rohit Sharma – 46 sixes)
SSC JE Exam Analysis 24th January 2018 – Mechanical
The Mechanical Section covered the following topics
- Thermodynamics – mainly processes
- Machine Design
- Carnot Theorem
- Thermal Stress
- Axial Flow Turbine
- Theory of Mechanics
The following questions were asked across three shifts:
- Discharge is proportional to what in weir?
- Length formula for open belt
- Composition of stainless steel
- What is the effect of carbon on the ductility of steel?
- Comparison of Regenerative Cycle with Rankine Cycle
- Otto Cycle PV Diagram
- Condition of fluid separation
- Profile of drag in a condition was asked.
- Fly Wheel is used for what?
- What are the types of Governor?
- Due to which process does water cool in a condenser?
- What are the ideal conditions for uniform flow of air?
- In automobile mirror which type of joint is used.
- Hoop Stress in thin pressure vessel
- Effective length in a column was asked
- What do first, and the second law of thermodynamics give?
- What is the efficiency of Carnot Cycle?
- There was a question, where the feasibility of an engine was asked.
- Reynold’s Number formula
- What is the relation of Steam Turbine with Pressure?
- Find the Angle of twist in the series bar.
- Numerical on Thermal Stress.
- Find the Potential Function from given vectors.
- Find the height of governor.
- What is the Velocity Ratio in Gear Train?
- In Cam Follower, which type of follower causes maximum wear.
- The degree of Freedom of a free body.
Stay tuned for more updates on SSC JE Exam Analysis 24th January 2018 for Paper I
Share your thoughts/queries here!