SSC JE Civil Syllabus 2020: Check Important Topics & Recommended Books
Check the detailed SSC JE Civil Syllabus here to enhance your preparation for the exam. The article explains the topic-wise Weightage, Important topics, Study Material, Exam pattern, and books for preparation. Begin your preparation for SSC JE Exam 2020 well in advance and be exam ready.
SSC JE Civil Syllabus 2020
SSC JE Civil Syllabus 2020:- Staff Selection Commission conducts the recruitment of Junior Engineers ( JE), Group ‘B’ Non-Gazetted posts every year. This examination takes place in two phases – Paper I & Paper II.
- Paper I is of objective type, computer-based exam while Paper II is the conventional and subjective type. In this exam, you will be tested upon three papers – Reasoning, General Awareness, and Engineering paper.
- To help you prepare for the exam step-by-step, we are giving you the detailed SSC JE Civil Syllabus and Structural Paper in this article. Check out the complete SSC JE Syllabus and be exam ready.
- Paper II will be a descriptive type test where the paper will be of 300 marks and it will only cover questions from Civil Engineering Syllabus mentioned in this post.
|Organization Name||Staff Selection Commission|
|Total Vacancies||various Posts|
|Name of the Exam||SSC Junior Engineer Exam|
|Selection Process||Written Test & Interview|
|Paper 1 Exam date||30th March to 2nd April 2020 (Postponed)|
SSC JE Paper 1 Exam Pattern 2020
Go through the SSC JE Exam Pattern and gear up your preparations for the upcoming Paper 1 exam.
- In Paper 1, Civil Engineering (General Engineering Section) exam is Conducted for 100 marks.
- It is the Objective Type Exam.
- It Contains 100 questions of total 200.
- The duration of the SSC JE Exam is 2 hrs.
- There will be negative marking for Paper 1 i.e., 0.25.
|Subjects||No. of Questions||Marks||Duration|
|General Intelligence||50||50||2 Hours Morning shift [10.00 AM to 12.00 Noon] Afternoon Shift [2.00 PM to 4.00 PM]|
|General Engineering Part A (Civil & Structural) (or) Part B (Electrical) (or) Part C (Mechanical)||100||100|
SSC JE Civil Syllabus 2020 for Paper 1
Go through the SSC JE Civil Syllabus as tabulated below.
|Building Materials||Estimating||Costing and Valuation||Surveying, Soil Mechanics|
|Hydraulics||Irrigation Engineering||Transportation Engineering||Environmental Engineering|
|Theory of Structures||Concrete Technology||RCC Design||Steel Design|
SSC JE Paper 2 Exam Pattern 2020
- Paper 2 is conducted for 300 marks for 300 Questions.
- Civil Engineering will cover the complete Paper II syllabus for candidates from Civil Stream.
- It is a Descriptive Type.
- Duration of the Exam is 2 hrs.
|S. NO||Exam Type||Subjects||Marks||Duration|
|1.||Descriptive Type||General Engineering Part A (Civil & Structural) (or) Part B (Electrical) (or) Part C (Mechanical)||300||2 Hours (Date to be intimated later on)|
Topic-Wise Weightage & SSC JE Civil Syllabus 2020 for Paper II
Check out the complete SSC JE Civil Syllabus for paper 2 from the below table along with the weightage of questions.
|Topics||Weightage of Questions|
|Estimating, Costing and Valuation||5-8|
|The strength of Materials||10-12|
SSC JE Syllabus PDF 2020
Applicants who want to download the official Syllabus for SSC JE as per the latest notification for SSC JE 2020 can check the PDF links mentioned below. we have mentioned the SSC JE Syllabus PDF for both Paper I (Preliminary) and Paper-II (Mains) in the table below
Recommended Books for SSC JE Civil Engineering
If you are preparing for Civil Engineering (SSC JE Exam), you must refer to the most recommended books among all the books available in the market. we have mentioned a few of the SSC JE Best Books as suggested by our experts for SSC JE preparation as per SSC JE Civil Syllabus below;
- SSC Junior Engineer Civil & Structural Engineering Recruitment Exam Guide by Disha Prakashan
- Kiran Publishing’s SSC Junior Engineer Civil and Structural Engineering Exam Practice Work Book
- SSC CPWD-MES Junior Engineers Recruitment Examination Civil Engineering by GK Publications
Share your thoughts/queries here!