SSC CPO Syllabus 2019
In this article, candidates will get complete information about the SSC CPO Syllabus 2019. Selection in SSC CPO means that you will serve your country and work in the national interest. India has five central armed forces namely BSF, CISF, CRPF, ITBPF, and SSB that comes under the CAPF.
- The SSC CPO Recruitment has released the official notification for the vacancies of different posts like SI, ASI, BSF, etc.
- Candidates can start to fill the SSC CPO Application Form from 17th September 2019 till 15th October 2019.
- The Syllabus for General Knowledge and General Awareness will be designed to check the knowledge related to the latest updates about the environment, World, Society, Current Events, New Progress of the Nation and World, etc.
- While checking out the Syllabus, candidates can mark the weaker area and plan with the help SSC CPO Preparation accordingly.
- Candidates must know the complete topics of each subject while preparing for the exam.
SSC CPO Syllabus 2019 Highlights
|Full-Form of CPO||Central Police Organization|
|Conducting Body||Staff Selection Commission|
|Application Date Starts on||September 17, 2019|
|Sections in Exam||Paper-I: Arithmetic Ability, Reasoning & General Intelligence, General Awareness, and General Science|
|Paper-II: English Language and Comprehension|
|Negative Marking||1/4 for every wrong answer|
|Arithmetic Ability (Important topics)||Averages, Profit & Loss, Discount, Time & Work, Percentage, Elementary Algebra, etc.|
|Reasoning & GI (Important Topics)||Syllogism, Puzzle, Statement, Analogy, Problem Solving, Ven Diagrams, Symbolic Operations, etc.|
|General Awareness (Important Topics)||Current Affairs of the last six months.|
|English Comprehension||Vocabulary, Spellings, Grammar, Error Recognition, etc.|
SSC CPO Exam Pattern 2019
- There are 4 Stages for SSC CPO Exam Pattern in which 2 of them will conduct as the online exam- Paper-I, PET/ PST, Paper-II, and Medical Examination.
- A total number of questions in Paper-I is 200 questions for 1 mark each with the time duration of 2 hours (120 minutes).
- The English Language and Comprehension is there in SSC CPO Syllabus for Paper-II. There are 200 questions for 1 mark each for the time duration of 2 hours (120 minutes).
|Subjects||Number of Questions||Marks||Duration|
|General Intelligence and Reasoning||50||50||2 hours|
|General Knowledge and General Awareness||50||50|
|English Language and Comprehension||200||200||2 hours|
SSC CPO Syllabus 2019
Here is the list of the topic-wise syllabus for each section of the exam in brief. Check the following points for the complete detail-
SSC CPO Paper-I
From the following points check the complete detailed of SSC CPO Syllabus for Paper-I:
General Intelligence and Reasoning
List of the topics asked in the exam for General Intelligence and Reasoning. The Reasoning section includes both Verbal and Non-Verbal type of Reasoning-
|Similarities and Difference|
|Arithmetical Reasoning and Figural Classification|
|Arithmetic Number Series|
|Coding-Decoding and Classification|
- Semantic Analogy
- Symbolic/ Number 9 Analogy
- Figural Analogy Semantic Classification
- Symbolic/ Number Classification
- Figural Classification Semantic Series
- Number Series Figural Series
- Problem Solving
- Word Building
- Numerical Operations
- Symbolic Operations
- Space Orientation
- Space Visualization
- Venn Diagrams
- Drawing inferences
- Punched hole/ pattern-folding & un-folding
- Figural Pattern- folding and completion
- Indexing Address matching
- Date & city matching Classification of centre codes/ roll numbers
- Small & Capital letters/ numbers
- Embedded Figures
- Critical thinking
- Emotional Intelligence
- Social Intelligence
Syllabus for General Knowledge and General Awareness
- This section is aimed to test the candidate’s General Awareness of the environment around them and its application for society.
- Candidates must be updated with all the latest events on a daily basis.
- In this test, the questions will be based on the latest updates or events related to India and its neighboring country.
- The topics are especially pertaining to- History, Culture, Geography, Economic Scene, General Polity, Indian Constitution, Scientific Research, etc.
Syllabus for Quantitative Aptitude
This section is there to know the numerical ability of the candidate, on the basis of the numbers and number sense. Check the below table to get to know the topics for Quantitative Aptitude-
|Computation of Whole Numbers|
|Fractions and Relationships between numbers|
|Ratio and Proportion|
|Profit and Loss|
|Mixture and Allegation|
|Time and Distance|
|Time and Work|
|Basic algebraic identities of School Algebra and Elementary Surds|
|Graphs of Linear Equation|
|Triangle and its various kinds of centers|
|Congruence and Similarity of Triangles|
|Heights and Distances|
|Bar Diagram and Pie Chart|
- Congruence and similarity of triangles
- Circle and its chords
- Angles subtended by chords of a circle
- Common Tangents to two or more Circles
- Regular Polygons
- Right Prism
- Right Circular Cone
- Right Circular Cylinder
- Sphere, Hemispheres, Rectangular Parallelepiped, Regular Right Pyramid with triangular or square bas
- Degree and Radian Measures
- Standard Identities
- Complementary angles
- Frequency polygon
CPO Syllabus for English Comprehension
The ability to understand correct English, basic comprehension, and writing ability, etc. would be check for the section of English Comprehension.
SSC CPO Syllabus for Physical Standard Test (PST) and Physical Endurance Test (PET)
- There are different criteria for both PST and PET for male and female (both).
- There shall be no minimum requirement of chest measurement for Female candidates.
- Weight of the candidates is corresponding to the height of all posts.
- Relaxation in height and chest (as the case may be) as mentioned above will be permissible only on production of certificate in the Performa as prescribed in Annexure-VIII from the competent authorities of the District where they ordinarily reside(s).
- “The relaxation in physical standards (height/ chest) once granted at the time of initial appointment in Delhi Police will hold good till the individual concerned remains in Delhi Police.”
- Those candidates who are declared not qualified in Physical Standards, i.e. height and chest, may prefer an appeal, if they so desire, to the appellate authority present on the PET/ PST ground. The decision of the appellate authority will be final and no further appeal or representation in this regard will be entertained.
Part A- Physical Standard Test (PST)
|Category||Height (in cms)||Chest (in cms)|
|(i) For Male Candidates only (General)||170||80||85|
|For candidates belonging to Hill areas of Garhwal, Kumaon, Himachal Pradesh, Gorkhas, Dogras, Marathas, Kashmir Valley, Leh & Ladakh regions of J&K, North-Eastern States and Sikkim||165||80||85|
|For all candidates belonging to Scheduled Tribes||162.5||77||82|
|(ii) For Female Candidates only (General)||157||–||–|
|For candidates belonging to Hill areas of Garhwal, Kumaon, Himachal Pradesh, Gorkhas, Dogras, Marathas, Kashmir Valley, Leh & Ladakh regions of J&K, North-Eastern States and Sikkim||155||–||–|
|For all candidates belonging to Scheduled Tribes||154||–||–|
Part B- Physical Endurance Test (PET)
|For Male Candidates||100 meters race in 16 seconds|
|1.6 km race in 6.5 min|
|Long Jump: 3.65 meters in 3 chances|
|High Jump: 1.2 meters in 3 chances|
|Shot put (16 Lbs): 4.5 meters in 3 chance|
|For Female Candidates||100 meters race in 18 seconds|
|800 meters race in 4 minutes|
|Long Jump: 2.7 meters in 3 chances|
|High Jump: 0.9 meters in 3 chances|
SSC CPO Syllabus for Paper-II
- The candidates who cleared the Paper-I would be required to appear in the Physical Endurance Test (PET) and Physical Standard Test (PST).
- Only those candidates who qualified in PET/ PST will be called for Paper-II and the Medical Exam would be conducted subsequently.
- In this part of the exam questions are designed to know the understanding of the candidate about Grammar, error spotting, etc.
- The topics for the English Language and Comprehension contains-
|Fill in the Blanks (Using Verbs, Preposition, Articles, etc.)|
|Phrases and Idiomatic Use of Words|
SSC Syllabus for Medical Examination
- All the candidates who qualify in Paper-II will be medically examined by the Medical Officer of the CAPFs or any other Medical Officer or Assistant Surgeon belonging to Grade I of any Central/ State Govt. Hospital or Dispensary.
- Candidates, who are found to be unfit, will be informed of the position and they can make an appeal before Review Medical Board within the prescribed time limit of 15 days.
- The decision of Re-Medical Board/ Review Medical Board will be final and no appeal/ representation against the decision of the Re-Medical Board/ Review Medical Board will be entertained.
SSC CPO Final Selection
The candidates who selected for the posts of Sub-Inspector and Assistant Sub-Inspector will be the part of the training curriculum and have to pass the seven obstacle events which are mentioned below if the candidates are failed in those events may not be retained in the Force-
|Jumping over the Vertical Board|
|Holding the rope on jumping from the Board|
|Jumping on the Horizontal Board|
Share your thoughts/queries here!