SSC CPO Syllabus 2020 PDF Check Paper 1 & Paper 2 Important Topics
- SSC CPO Syllabus 2020 Highlights
- SSC CPO 2020 Syllabus
- SSC CPO Paper 1 Syllabus Download for General Intelligence & Reasoning
- Syllabus for General Knowledge and General Awareness 2020
- SSC CPO Exam Pattern 2020
- SSC CPO Syllabus for Physical Standard Test (PST) and Physical Endurance Test (PET)
- SSC CPO Paper 2 Syllabus Download
- SSC CPO Syllabus for Medical Examination 2020
- SSC CPO Final Selection 2020
- SSC CPO Preparation Tips 2020
- SSC CPO Preparation Books 2020
- SSC CPO Syllabus FAQs
The SSC CPO Recruitment 2020 official notification released on 17th June 2020, for 3237 vacancies of different posts like SI, ASI, BSF, etc. In Paper 1 there are four sections- English Language, Quantitative Aptitude, read the article of SSC CPO Syllabus 2020 for the subjects asks in each stage of the exam.
SSC CPO Syllabus 2020 PDF
As per the notification, the SSC CPO Tier 1 exam is scheduled to be held from 29th September to 05 October 2020. Candidates can start their preparation well in advance to score good marks in the exam.
- Applicants must make sure to solve as many as SSC CPO Mock Test Series as these will help them increase their efficiency and speed on the day of the actual exam.
- The Syllabus for General Knowledge and General Awareness will be designed to check the knowledge related to the latest updates about the environment, World, Society, Current Events, New Progress of the Nation and World, etc.
- While checking out the Syllabus, candidates can mark the weaker area and plan with the help of SSC CPO Last Minute Preparation Tips accordingly.
- Candidates must know the complete topics of each subject while preparing for the exam.
SSC CPO Syllabus 2020 Highlights
The SSC CPO Exam Dates are out now. Hence it is important for the candidates to start their preparation as soon as possible.
|Full form of CPO||Central Police Organization|
|Conducting Body||Staff Selection Commission|
|Application Date Starts on||June 17, 2020|
|Sections in Exam||Paper-I: Arithmetic Ability, Reasoning & General Intelligence, General Awareness, and General Science|
|Paper-II: English Language and Comprehension|
|Negative Marking||1/4 for every wrong answer|
|Arithmetic Ability (Important topics)||Averages, Profit & Loss, Discount, Time & Work, Percentage, Elementary Algebra, etc.|
|Reasoning & GI (Important Topics)||Syllogism, Puzzle, Statement, Analogy, Problem Solving, Ven Diagrams, Symbolic Operations, etc.|
|General Awareness (Important Topics)||Current Affairs of the last six months.|
|English Comprehension||Vocabulary, Spellings, Grammar, Error Recognition, etc.|
SSC CPO 2020 Syllabus
Here is the list of the topic-wise syllabus for each section of the exam in brief. Check the following points for the complete detail. There are 4 Stages for SSC CPO Exam Pattern in which 2 of them will conduct as the online exam- Paper-I, PET/ PST, Paper-II, and Medical Examination.
SSC CPO Paper 1 Syllabus Download for General Intelligence & Reasoning
From the following points check the complete detailed of SSC CPO Syllabus for Paper 1:
|Analogy – Semantic Analogy, Symbolic/ Number Analogy, Figural Analogy||Classification – Semantic Classification, Symbolic/ Number Classification, Figural Classification||Series – Semantic Series, Number Series, Figural Series||Problem Solving|
|Word Building||Coding & de-coding – Small & Capital letters/ numbers coding, decoding and classification||Operations – Numerical Operations, symbolic Operations||Trends|
|Space Orientation||Space Visualization||Venn Diagrams||Drawing inferences|
|Punched hole/ pattern-folding & un-folding||Figural Pattern- folding and completion||Indexing Address matching||Date & city matching Classification of centre codes/ roll numbers|
|Embedded Figures||Critical thinking||Emotional Intelligence||Social Intelligence|
General Intelligence and Reasoning 2020 Weightage of Questions
List of the topics asked in the exam for General Intelligence and Reasoning. The Reasoning section includes both Verbal and Non-Verbal type of Reasoning-
|Analogy||Semantic and Figural analogy, letters and numbers Symbolic/Numbers, images and meaning-based||6-8 Questions|
|Coding-Decoding||Coding decoding by letter shifting, coding by analogy and words||3-5 Questions|
|Classifications||Semantic and Figural classifications, Symbolic/Numbers classification||6-7Questions|
|Series||Semantic, Figural, number and mixed series and series based on general knowledge||3-5 Questions|
|Order Ranking||The sequence of order and ranking will be asked from the given data||1-2 Questions|
|Direction & Distances||Problems based on network, routes, and distances travelled are asked||1-3 Questions|
|Missing numbers||Numbers and alphabet-based Matrix and Diagrams||2-3 Questions|
|Alphabet or word test||Sequence and word formation, Matrix, jumbled words, suffix, etc.||3-5 Questions|
|Venn diagram||Venn Diagram, Logical, Syllogism, etc||4-5 Questions|
|Puzzles||Double line-up arrangements, circular arrangements, seating arrangements, linear arrangements, etc.||3-5 Questions|
|Data sufficiency||Cubes and Dices, Arithmetic operation, etc||4-5 Questions|
|Non- verbal reasoning||Paper folding, Cubes, and dices counting figures, etc.||5-7 Questions|
Syllabus for General Knowledge and General Awareness 2020
- This section is aimed to test the candidate’s General Awareness of the environment around them and its application for society.
- Candidates must be updated with all the latest events on a daily basis.
- In this test, the questions will be based on the latest updates or events related to India and its neighboring country.
- The topics are especially pertaining to- History, Culture, Geography, Economic Scene, General Polity, Indian Constitution, Scientific Research, etc.
|Economic Scene||General Polity||Indian Constitution|
|Scientific Research||Current Affairs||National & International Affairs|
General Knowledge Weightage of Questions
|History||Ancient and Medieval History, India’s freedom struggle||6-7 Questions|
|Geography||Indian and World Geography||5-6 Questions|
|Polity||Government Portfolios, Judiciary and Constitution of India||3-5 Questions|
|Science & Technology||Environment, Nutrition, Diseases, Physics, Chemistry, Biology, etc.||10-13 Questions|
|Books and Authors||Authors and Famous books||1.2 Question|
|Economy||Economic Organisation, Indian and world organization||4-5 Questions|
|National & International Affairs||Government policies and schemes, National and International days, events and news, etc.||10-11 Questions|
|International Organisations||International Organisation headquarter and their year of establishments||1-2 Questions|
|Current events||Latest Sports events, Venues, and Winners||2-3 Questions|
SSC CPO Syllabus 2020 for Quantitative Aptitude
This section is there to know the numerical ability of the candidate, on the basis of the numbers and number sense. Candidates should also go through the SSC CPO Previous Year Papers as these will help the candidate identify the important topics better and prepare accordingly.
|Whole numbers, decimals, fractions and relationships between numbers||Percentage||Ratio and Proportion||Square roots|
|Averages||Simple Interest and Compound Interest||Profit, Loss, and Discount||Partnership Business|
|Mixture and Alligation||Speed, Time and Distance||Time and Work||Basic algebraic identities of School Algebra and Elementary surds|
|Graphs of Linear Equations and Quadratic Equations||Triangle and its various kinds of centers||Congruence and similarity of triangles||Circle and its chords, tangents, angles subtended by chords of a circle, common tangents to two or more circles|
|Triangle, Quadrilaterals, Regular Polygons, Circle, Right Prism, Right Circular Cone, Right Circular Cylinder, Sphere, Hemispheres, Rectangular Parallelepiped, Regular Right Pyramid with triangular or square base||Geometry and Mensuration||Trigonometry||Data Interpretation|
SSC CPO Weightage for Quantitative Aptitude 2020
Check the below table to get to know the weightage of questions from Quantitative Aptitude-
|Mixture Problems||Questions on mixtures of Two or Three quantities and their ratios||1-2 Questions|
|Ratio Proportions||Simple and compound ratios, Direct and indirect proportions||3-4 Questions|
|Number Systems||Rational, irrational Numbers, LCM, HCF, integers||1-3 Questions|
|Simplification||Fraction, BODMAS, Decimals, Ratios etc.||4-5 Questions|
|Algebra||Quadratic and Linear Equation, Identities etc.||4-6 Questions|
|Profit and Loss||Partnership, Discounts and Marked Prices, Problems on Profit and Loss, successive sellings, etc.||4-5 Questions|
|Percentage||Basic Percentage Questions||1-2 Questions|
|Average||Average problems on Average of height, weight, Age, Marks, money expenditure, temperature etc.||2-3 Questions|
|Time and work||Time and Work, Work and Wages, Work efficiency, Pipes and cisterns etc.||1-2 Questions|
|Speed, Time and Distance||Problems on River, boats and streams, Relative speed etc.||1-3 Questions|
|Mensuration||Are, Surface Area and volume of Various Geometric Shapes||3-5 Questions|
|Simple Interest||Problems on Simple and compound interest||1-3 questions|
|Trigonometry||Height and distances, Identities, Trigonometric ratios etc||3-5 Questions|
|Geometry||Quadrilateral, Triangles, Circles, Chords,Cubes, cones etc.||4-6 Questions|
|Data Interpretations||Questions on Bar graph, Table, Pie Chart, Line Chart||4-5 Questions|
SSC CPO 2020 Syllabus for English Comprehension
Have a look at the below important topics for SSC CPO English Comprehension and enhance your preparation.
SSC CPO 2020 Weightage of Questions for English Comprehension
The ability to understand correct English, basic comprehension, and writing ability, etc. would be check for the section of English Comprehension.
|Idioms||One word substitution, the meaning of Idioms||3-5 Questions|
|Error detection||Finding an error in a sentence or a phrase||4-5 Questions|
|Vocabulary||Spellings, Synonyms, and Antonyms||5-10 Questions|
|Cloze test||Questions based on passages containing a particular idea, cloze tests||5-10 Questions|
|Reading comprehensions||Passages will focus on topics related to social issues, business and economic moral stories, and humanities like Art, human behavior, Psychology, medicine, etc.||5-10 Questions|
|Grammar sections||Spotting the error, Phrase Replacements, Fill in the blanks||8-10 Questions|
SSC CPO Exam Pattern 2020
- There are 4 Stages for SSC CPO Exam Pattern in which 2 of them will conduct as the online exam- Paper-I, PET/ PST, Paper-II, and Medical Examination.
- A total number of questions in Paper-I is 200 questions for 1 mark each with a time duration of 2 hours (120 minutes).
- The English Language and Comprehension is there in SSC CPO Syllabus for Paper-II. There are 200 questions for 1 mark each for the time duration of 2 hours (120 minutes).
|Subjects||Number of Questions||Marks||Duration|
|General Intelligence and Reasoning||50||50||2 hours|
|General Knowledge and General Awareness||50||50|
|English Language and Comprehension||200||200||2 hours|
SSC CPO Syllabus for Physical Standard Test (PST) and Physical Endurance Test (PET)
- There are different criteria for both PST and PET for males and females (both).
- There shall be no minimum requirement of chest measurement for Female candidates.
- The weight of the candidates is corresponding to the height of all posts.
- Relaxation in height and chest (as the case may be) as mentioned above will be permissible only on production of certificate in the Performa as prescribed in Annexure-VIII from the competent authorities of the District where they ordinarily reside(s).
- “The relaxation in physical standards (height/ chest) once granted at the time of initial appointment in Delhi Police will hold good till the individual concerned remains in Delhi Police.”
- Those candidates who are declared not qualified in Physical Standards, i.e. height and chest, may prefer an appeal, if they so desire, to the appellate authority present on the PET/ PST ground. The decision of the appellate authority will be final and no further appeal or representation in this regard will be entertained.
Part A- Physical Standard Test (PST)
|Category||Height (in cms)||Chest (in cms)|
|(i) For Male Candidates only (General)||170||80||85|
|For candidates belonging to Hill areas of Garhwal, Kumaon, Himachal Pradesh, Gorkhas, Dogras, Marathas, Kashmir Valley, Leh & Ladakh regions of J&K, North-Eastern States and Sikkim||165||80||85|
|For all candidates belonging to Scheduled Tribes||162.5||77||82|
|(ii) For Female Candidates only (General)||157||–||–|
|For candidates belonging to Hill areas of Garhwal, Kumaon, Himachal Pradesh, Gorkhas, Dogras, Marathas, Kashmir Valley, Leh & Ladakh regions of J&K, North-Eastern States and Sikkim||155||–||–|
|For all candidates belonging to Scheduled Tribes||154||–||–|
Part B- Physical Endurance Test (PET)
|For Male Candidates||100 meters race in 16 seconds|
|1.6 km race in 6.5 min|
|Long Jump: 3.65 meters in 3 chances|
|High Jump: 1.2 meters in 3 chances|
|Shot put (16 Lbs): 4.5 meters in 3 chance|
|For Female Candidates||100 meters race in 18 seconds|
|800 meters race in 4 minutes|
|Long Jump: 2.7 meters in 3 chances|
|High Jump: 0.9 meters in 3 chances|
SSC CPO Paper 2 Syllabus Download
- The candidates who cleared the Paper-I would be required to appear in the Physical Endurance Test (PET) and Physical Standard Test (PST).
- Only those candidates who qualified in PET/ PST will be called for Paper-II and the Medical Exam would be conducted subsequently.
- In this part of the exam questions are designed to know the understanding of the candidate about Grammar, error spotting, etc.
- The topics for the English Language and Comprehension contains-
|Fill in the Blanks (Using Verbs, Preposition, Articles, etc.)|
|Phrases and Idiomatic Use of Words|
SSC CPO Syllabus for Medical Examination 2020
- All the candidates who qualify in Paper-II will be medically examined by the Medical Officer of the CAPFs or any other Medical Officer or Assistant Surgeon belonging to Grade I of any Central/ State Govt. Hospital or Dispensary.
- Candidates, who are found to be unfit, will be informed of the position and they can make an appeal before Review Medical Board within the prescribed time limit of 15 days.
- The decision of the Re-Medical Board/ Review Medical Board will be final and no appeal/ representation against the decision of the Re-Medical Board/ Review Medical Board will be entertained.
SSC CPO Final Selection 2020
The candidates who selected for the posts of Sub-Inspector and Assistant Sub-Inspector will be the part of the training curriculum and have to pass the seven obstacle events which are mentioned below if the candidates are failed in those events may not be retained in the Force-
|Jumping over the Vertical Board|
|Holding the rope on jumping from the Board|
|Jumping on the Horizontal Board|
SSC CPO Preparation Tips 2020
The preparation tips will help in guiding you and will get you ready for any hurdle that you might face. Keep these important tips in mind while preparing for the upcoming exam.
- First, understand the complete syllabus and exam pattern of the CPO exam in and out.
- After knowing the syllabus, collect the required study materials from a proper source including books from online.
- A timetable should be laid down and every subject should be covered daily.
- Then start your preparation with easy topics and then proceed to difficult topics.
- Speed is an important factor in the exam. Try to solve questions faster and with accuracy.
- Take up SSC CPO Mock Tests regularly and this will help candidates improve their speed and manage time in the exam.
- Solving previous year papers and sample papers will help aspirants to do well in the exams and also work on their weaker subjects.
- Make sure to finish the sample papers on time and after completion of solving, check all your answers, and allot marks yourself for each question.
- Note down where you go wrong and know how to correct the mistakes.
- Candidates are advised to solve General Awareness Quiz on a daily basis and doing this will help increase your confidence levels.
SSC CPO Preparation Books 2020
As per the experts, choosing the right SSC CPO Books will help candidates to better prepare for the exam. For the convenience of all students planning to appear for this examination, we have assembled a list of best books that you can refer to.
CPO General Intelligence and Reasoning Books
|A New Approach to Reasoning Verbal, Non-Verbal & Analytical||B.S. Sijwali, Indu Sijwali|
|Analytical Reasoning||M.K. Pandey|
|Verbal and Nonverbal Reasoning||R S Aggarwal|
|Reasoning For General Competition||KD Campus|
CPO General Knowledge and General Awareness Books
|GS Set For General Competition||KD Campus|
|Lucent’s General Knowledge||Lucent Publication|
|Manorama Yearbook||Mammen Mathew|
CPO Quantitative Aptitude Books
|Arihant’s Fast Track Objective Arithmetic||Arihant Publication|
|Quantitative Aptitude for Competitive Examinations||R.S. Aggarwal|
|Arithmetics For General Competition Vol 1 & 2||Neetu Singh|
CPO English Comprehension Books
|Quick Learning Objective General English||R.S. Aggarwal & Vikas Aggarwal|
|Objective General English||S.P. Bakshi|
|High School English Grammar and Composition||Wren & Martin|
SSC CPO Syllabus FAQs
Q. What are the important topics from the SSC CPO Quantitative Aptitude Syllabus 2020 for Paper 1?
The important topics from the SSC CPO English Syllabus 2020 as follows-Ratio and Proportion, Square Roots, Averages, Interest, Profit and Loss, Discount, Heights, and Distances, Time and Work, Time and Distance. The candidates must make sure to finish the important topics first and then proceed to the less important portion of the syllabus.
Q. What are the important topics from the SSC CPO Syllabus 2020 for reasoning for Paper 1?
The important topics from the SSC CPO English Syllabus 2020 as follows-Number Series, Coding-Decoding and Classification, Problem Solving, Syllogistic Reasoning, Arithmetic Number Series, Analogy, Arithmetical Reasoning, and Figural Classification. Make sure to cover the entire syllabus in due time and make a number of revisions before the exam.
Q. What are the best sources to cover the SSC CPO General Awareness Syllabus?
The topics are especially pertaining to- History, Culture, Geography, Economic Scene, General Polity, Indian Constitution, Scientific Research, etc. You can cover the topics in the syllabus by following Daily Current Affairs and reading newspapers daily. Some of the coaching institutes provide monthly current affairs magazines, you can follow them too. Other sources for the preparation of the General Awareness Section is News channels like RSTV, LSTV, and AIR Radio channel run by the GOI.
Q. What are the best books for the preparation of SSC CPO Syllabus of Maths section?
The following are some of the best books for the preparation of SSC CPO Syllabus 2020 of Maths section.
- Arihant’s Fast Track Objective Arithmetic by Arihant Publication
- Quantitative Aptitude for Competitive Examinations by R.S. Aggarwal
- Arithmetics For General Competition Vol 1 & 2 by Neetu Singh
Share your thoughts/queries here!