SSC CPO Syllabus 2020
- SSC CPO Syllabus 2020 Highlights
- SSC CPO Exam Pattern 2020
- SSC CPO Paper-I
- SSC CPO Syllabus for Physical Standard Test (PST) and Physical Endurance Test (PET)
- SSC CPO Syllabus for Paper-II
- SSC Syllabus for Medical Examination 2020
- SSC CPO Final Selection 2020
- SSC CPO Syllabus FAQs
- Q. What are the important topics from the SSC CPO Quantitative Aptitude Syllabus 2020 for Paper 1?
- Q. What are the important topics from the SSC CPO Reasoning Syllabus 2020 for Paper 1?
- Q. What are the best sources to cover the SSC CPO General Awareness Syllabus?
The SSC CPO Recruitment 2020 will release the official notification soon for the vacancies of different posts like SI, ASI, BSF, etc. In Paper 1 there are four sections- English Language, Quantitative Aptitude, read the article of SSC CPO Syllabus 2020 for the subjects asks in each stage of the exam.
SSC CPO Syllabus 2020
- Applicants must make sure to solve as many as SSC CPO Mock Test Series as these will help them increase their efficiency and speed on the day of the actual exam.
- The Syllabus for General Knowledge and General Awareness will be designed to check the knowledge related to the latest updates about the environment, World, Society, Current Events, New Progress of the Nation and World, etc.
- While checking out the Syllabus, candidates can mark the weaker area and plan with the help of SSC CPO Last Minute Preparation Tips accordingly.
- Candidates must know the complete topics of each subject while preparing for the exam.
SSC CPO Syllabus 2020 Highlights
The SSC CPO Exam Dates are to release soon. Hence it is important for the candidates to start their preparation as soon as possible.
|Full form of CPO||Central Police Organization|
|Conducting Body||Staff Selection Commission|
|Application Date Starts on||April 17, 2020|
|Sections in Exam||Paper-I: Arithmetic Ability, Reasoning & General Intelligence, General Awareness, and General Science|
|Paper-II: English Language and Comprehension|
|Negative Marking||1/4 for every wrong answer|
|Arithmetic Ability (Important topics)||Averages, Profit & Loss, Discount, Time & Work, Percentage, Elementary Algebra, etc.|
|Reasoning & GI (Important Topics)||
Syllogism, Puzzle, Statement, Analogy, Problem Solving, Ven Diagrams, Symbolic Operations, etc.
|General Awareness (Important Topics)||Current Affairs of the last six months.|
|English Comprehension||Vocabulary, Spellings, Grammar, Error Recognition, etc.|
SSC CPO Exam Pattern 2020
- There are 4 Stages for SSC CPO Exam Pattern in which 2 of them will conduct as the online exam- Paper-I, PET/ PST, Paper-II, and Medical Examination.
- A total number of questions in Paper-I is 200 questions for 1 mark each with a time duration of 2 hours (120 minutes).
- The English Language and Comprehension is there in SSC CPO Syllabus for Paper-II. There are 200 questions for 1 mark each for the time duration of 2 hours (120 minutes).
|Subjects||Number of Questions||Marks||Duration|
|General Intelligence and Reasoning||50||50||2 hours|
|General Knowledge and General Awareness||50||50|
|English Language and Comprehension||200||200||2 hours|
SSC CPO 2020 Syllabus
Here is the list of the topic-wise syllabus for each section of the exam in brief. Check the following points for the complete detail-
SSC CPO Paper-I
From the following points check the complete detailed of SSC CPO Syllabus for Paper-I:
General Intelligence and Reasoning 2020
List of the topics asked in the exam for General Intelligence and Reasoning. The Reasoning section includes both Verbal and Non-Verbal type of Reasoning-
|Analogy||Arithmetic Number Series||Semantic Analogy|
|Similarities and Difference||Non-Verbal Series||Symbolic/ Number 9 Analogy|
|Space Visualization||Coding-Decoding and Classification||Figural Analogy Semantic Classification|
|Spatial Orientation||Statement Conclusion||Symbolic/ Number Classification|
|Problem Solving||Syllogistic Reasoning||Figural Classification Semantic Series|
|Analysis||Venn Diagram||Number Series Figural Series|
|Judgment||Word Building||Drawing inferences|
|Decision Making||Numerical Operations||Punched hole/ pattern-folding & un-folding|
|Visual Memory||Symbolic Operations||Figural Pattern- folding and completion|
|Discrimination||Trends||Indexing Address matching|
|Observation||Social Intelligence||Date & city matching Classification of center codes/ roll numbers|
|Relationship Concepts||Small & Capital letters/ numbers||Critical thinking|
|Arithmetical Reasoning and Figural Classification||Embedded Figures||Emotional Intelligence|
Syllabus for General Knowledge and General Awareness 2020
- This section is aimed to test the candidate’s General Awareness of the environment around them and its application for society.
- Candidates must be updated with all the latest events on a daily basis.
- In this test, the questions will be based on the latest updates or events related to India and its neighboring country.
- The topics are especially pertaining to- History, Culture, Geography, Economic Scene, General Polity, Indian Constitution, Scientific Research, etc.
Syllabus for Quantitative Aptitude 2020
This section is there to know the numerical ability of the candidate, on the basis of the numbers and number sense. Candidates should also go through the SSC CPO Previous Year Papers as these will help the candidate identify the important topics better and prepare accordingly.
Check the below table to get to know the topics for Quantitative Aptitude-
|Computation of Whole Numbers||Basic algebraic identities of School Algebra and Elementary Surds||Partnership Business|
|Decimals||Graphs of Linear Equation||Mixture and Allegation|
|Fractions and Relationships between numbers||Triangle and its various kinds of centers||Time and Distance|
|Percentage||Congruence and Similarity of Triangles||Time and Work|
|Ratio and Proportion||Heights and Distances||Congruence and similarity of triangles|
|Square Roots||Trigonometric Ratio||Circle and its chords|
|Averages||Bar Diagram and Pie Chart||Tangents|
|Interest||Common Tangents to two or more Circles||Angles subtended by chords of a circle|
|Profit and Loss||Quadrilaterals||Degree and Radian Measures|
|Discount||Regular Polygons||Standard Identities|
|Right Prism, Circular Cone, Circular Cylinder||Circle||Complementary angles|
|Frequency polygon||Sphere, Hemispheres, Rectangular Parallelepiped, Regular Right Pyramid with triangular or square base||Histogram|
CPO Syllabus for English Comprehension 2020
The ability to understand correct English, basic comprehension, and writing ability, etc. would be check for the section of English Comprehension.
SSC CPO Syllabus for Physical Standard Test (PST) and Physical Endurance Test (PET)
- There are different criteria for both PST and PET for males and females (both).
- There shall be no minimum requirement of chest measurement for Female candidates.
- The weight of the candidates is corresponding to the height of all posts.
- Relaxation in height and chest (as the case may be) as mentioned above will be permissible only on production of certificate in the Performa as prescribed in Annexure-VIII from the competent authorities of the District where they ordinarily reside(s).
- “The relaxation in physical standards (height/ chest) once granted at the time of initial appointment in Delhi Police will hold good till the individual concerned remains in Delhi Police.”
- Those candidates who are declared not qualified in Physical Standards, i.e. height and chest, may prefer an appeal, if they so desire, to the appellate authority present on the PET/ PST ground. The decision of the appellate authority will be final and no further appeal or representation in this regard will be entertained.
Part A- Physical Standard Test (PST)
|Category||Height (in cms)||Chest (in cms)|
|(i) For Male Candidates only (General)||170||80||85|
|For candidates belonging to Hill areas of Garhwal, Kumaon, Himachal Pradesh, Gorkhas, Dogras, Marathas, Kashmir Valley, Leh & Ladakh regions of J&K, North-Eastern States and Sikkim||165||80||85|
|For all candidates belonging to Scheduled Tribes||162.5||77||82|
|(ii) For Female Candidates only (General)||157||–||–|
|For candidates belonging to Hill areas of Garhwal, Kumaon, Himachal Pradesh, Gorkhas, Dogras, Marathas, Kashmir Valley, Leh & Ladakh regions of J&K, North-Eastern States and Sikkim||155||–||–|
|For all candidates belonging to Scheduled Tribes||154||–||–|
Part B- Physical Endurance Test (PET)
|For Male Candidates||100 meters race in 16 seconds|
|1.6 km race in 6.5 min|
|Long Jump: 3.65 meters in 3 chances|
|High Jump: 1.2 meters in 3 chances|
|Shot put (16 Lbs): 4.5 meters in 3 chance|
|For Female Candidates||100 meters race in 18 seconds|
|800 meters race in 4 minutes|
|Long Jump: 2.7 meters in 3 chances|
|High Jump: 0.9 meters in 3 chances|
SSC CPO Syllabus for Paper-II
- The candidates who cleared the Paper-I would be required to appear in the Physical Endurance Test (PET) and Physical Standard Test (PST).
- Only those candidates who qualified in PET/ PST will be called for Paper-II and the Medical Exam would be conducted subsequently.
- In this part of the exam questions are designed to know the understanding of the candidate about Grammar, error spotting, etc.
- The topics for the English Language and Comprehension contains-
|Fill in the Blanks (Using Verbs, Preposition, Articles, etc.)|
|Phrases and Idiomatic Use of Words|
SSC Syllabus for Medical Examination 2020
- All the candidates who qualify in Paper-II will be medically examined by the Medical Officer of the CAPFs or any other Medical Officer or Assistant Surgeon belonging to Grade I of any Central/ State Govt. Hospital or Dispensary.
- Candidates, who are found to be unfit, will be informed of the position and they can make an appeal before Review Medical Board within the prescribed time limit of 15 days.
- The decision of the Re-Medical Board/ Review Medical Board will be final and no appeal/ representation against the decision of the Re-Medical Board/ Review Medical Board will be entertained.
SSC CPO Final Selection 2020
The candidates who selected for the posts of Sub-Inspector and Assistant Sub-Inspector will be the part of the training curriculum and have to pass the seven obstacle events which are mentioned below if the candidates are failed in those events may not be retained in the Force-
|Jumping over the Vertical Board|
|Holding the rope on jumping from the Board|
|Jumping on the Horizontal Board|
SSC CPO Syllabus FAQs
Q. What are the important topics from the SSC CPO Quantitative Aptitude Syllabus 2020 for Paper 1?
Answer-The important topics from the SSC CPO English Syllabus 2020 are as follows-Ratio and Proportion, Square Roots, Averages, Interest, Profit and Loss, Discount, Heights, and Distances, Time and Work, Time and Distance. The candidates must make sure to finish the important topics first and then proceed to the less important portion of the syllabus.
Q. What are the important topics from the SSC CPO Reasoning Syllabus 2020 for Paper 1?
Answer- Answer-The important topics from the SSC CPO English Syllabus 2020 are as follows-Number Series , Coding-Decoding and Classification, Problem Solving, Syllogistic Reasoning, Arithmetic Number Series, Analogy, Arithmetical Reasoning, and Figural Classification. Make sure to cover the entire syllabus in due time and make a number of revisions before the exam.
Q. What are the best sources to cover the SSC CPO General Awareness Syllabus?
Answer-The topics are especially pertaining to- History, Culture, Geography, Economic Scene, General Polity, Indian Constitution, Scientific Research, etc. You can cover the topics in the syllabus by following daily current affairs and reading newspapers daily. Some of the coaching institutes provide monthly current affairs magazines, you can follow them too. Other sources for the preparation of the General Awareness Section is News channels like RSTV, LSTV and AIR Radio channel run by the GOI.
Share your thoughts/queries here!