SSC CPO Selection Process 2018-19 – All That You Need To Know
SSC CPO Selection Process 2018-19:- A detailed explanation of Selection process including Eligibility, Age limit and where to apply? Know complete selection process for SSC CPO. SSC has released a total of 1223 CPO vacancies in 2018.
|Alert:- SSC CPO will release Paper 1 result on 25th May 2019. To learn more, read our post on SSC CPO Result|
- The Staff Selection Commission will hold an open competitive Computer Based Examination for Recruitment of Sub-Inspectors in Delhi Police, Central Armed Police Forces (CAPFs) and Assistant Sub Inspectors in CISF.
- Here we are going to discuss the Detailed Selection Process and for SSC CPO 2018-19 Exam.
SSC CPO Selection Process
SSC has released CPO 2018 notification for the following posts mentioned below;
- Sub-Inspector in Delhi Police
- Sub-Inspector in Border Security Force (BSF)
- Sub- Inspector in Central Industrial Security Force (CISF)
- Sub-Inspector in Central Reserve Police Force (CRPF)
- Sub- Inspector in Indo-Tibetan Border Police Force (ITBPF)
- Sub-Inspector in Sashastra Seema Bal (SSB)
- Assistant Sub-Inspector in Central Industrial Security Force (CISF)
You may also like:- SSC CPO Answer Key
SSC CPO Selection Process 2018- 19
The examination will consist of Paper-I, Physical Standard Test (PST)/ Physical Endurance Test (PET), Paper-II and Detailed Medical Examination (DME). All the tests are mandatory and one must clear each stage in order to be eligible for the next stage of recruitment.
Check: SSC CPO Exam Dates
Stage I of Selection:
The following mentioned is all about Stage 1 of the selection process of SSC CPO:
Candidates who get selected in Paper I Will qualify for next round of Paper II.
|Part||Subject||Number of Questions||Maximum Marks||Time Duration|
|I||General Intelligence and Reasoning||50||50||2 hours|
|II||General Knowledge and General Awareness||50||50|
Also Check: SSC CPO Job Profile & Salary
Candidates who get selected in Paper I will be selected for paper II. Candidates who get selected in paper II will be selected for Physical Standards Test and Physical Endurance test.
|Subject||Number of Questions||Maximum Marks||Time Duration|
|English language & Comprehension||200||200||2 Hours|
Important Points for SSC CPO 2018 Exam:
- It is the mode of examination is offline with paper and a pen, the exam will take place in 2 stages – Paper I and Paper II.
- SSC CPO 2018 will have 200 objective type questions as mentioned in the exam pattern.
- The duration of the SSC CPO Paper I and Paper II exam is 2 hours.
- After you qualify both the Papers, you will need to go through a mandatory Physical Endurance Test but your selection will be based on SSC CPO Paper I & II.
- The SSC CPO Selection Process has three stages for Qualification.
- If a candidate qualifies the 1st level, Candidate will go for the Physical test.
- After qualifying the Physical test, another written test is conducted.
- Both the written examinations are objective type questions or MCQs
Check: SSC CPO Result
Questions in both papers will be of Objective Multiple Choice Type. Questions will be set in Hindi and English in Parts-I and II of Paper-I. There will be negative marking of 0.25 marks for each wrong answer in Paper-I & Paper-II. Take regularly SSC CPO practice set to avoid negative marking in the exam.
Stage II of Selection
The below mentioned is all the information regarding the SSC CPO Selection Process Stage 2:
Physical Standard Test (PST) and Physical Endurance Test (PET):
Also, Know SSC CPO Exam Analysis
Physical Standard Test (for all Posts)
The students can check all about the physical standard test in the table below for all the posts of SSC CPO:
|Category of candidates||Height
|Chest (in Cm)|
|(i) For male candidates only (General)||170||80||85|
|For candidates belonging to Hill areas of Garhwal, Kumaon, Himachal Pradesh, Gorkhas, Dogras, Marathas, Kashmir Valley, Leh & Ladakh regions of J&K, North-Eastern States and Sikkim||165||80||85|
|For all candidates belonging to Scheduled Tribes||162.5||77||82|
|(ii) For Female candidates only (General)||157||–||–|
|For candidates belonging to Hill areas of Garhwal, Kumaon, Himachal Pradesh, Gorkhas, Dogras, Marathas, Kashmir Valley, Leh & Ladakh regions of J&K, North-Eastern States and Sikkim||155||–||–|
|For all candidates belonging to Scheduled Tribe||154||–||–|
Know More About SSC CPO Preparation Tips
Physical Endurance Test (PET)
For male candidates only:
- 100 meters race in 16 seconds
- 1.6 Kms race in 6.5 minutes
- Long Jump: 3.65 meters in 3 chances
- High Jump: 1.2 meters in 3 chances
- Shot put (16 Lbs): 4.5 meters in 3 chance
For female candidates only:
- 100 meters race in 18 seconds
- 800 meters race in 4 minutes
- Long Jump: 2.7 meters in 3 chances.
- High Jump: 0.9 meters in 3 chances.
Download SSC CPO Admit Card
SSC CPO Eligibility Criteria
The students cannot write the exam if they do not satisfy the SSC CPO Eligibility Criteria. The students can check the SSC CPO Eligibility Criteria as follows:
- The applicant must have a Graduation degree or equivalent from any recognized University.
- Age relaxation is provided to the reserved categories.
- Eligibility is different for different courses.
Read About SSC CPO Cut Off
Share your thoughts/queries here!