SSC CPO Preparation Tips & Strategy 2018 – Crack SSC CPO SI,ASI,CAPF Exam
Know Complete Study Plan – SSC CPO Preparation Tips 2018
SSC CPO Preparation Tips & Strategy 2018
Our experts have prepared for you, SSC CPO Preparation Tips 2018 to guide you to the right way of preparation. As the SSC CPO Examination is nearing its conduct, candidates are eager to know the plan for preparation which can guide them to success. The Staff Selection Commission has several job openings that often involve police, inspection, supervision, audit and jobs that involve travel, military, and may also involve interaction with the public. Also, SSC jobs are highly respected jobs, besides SSC CPO jobs involve serving the country and protecting it and is suited for those who are loyal to their nation but to get there, one will have to work hard and preparation turns out to be the focal aspect of success. The facilities provided are numerous besides having a grade pay ranging from Rs 2800 to Rs. 4200.
We at Toprankers are committed to be a part of your success and so we prepared a section wise study plan along with few golden tips to remember while preparing for the upcoming sought out examination.
SSC CPO Subject-wise Preparation Tips
General Intelligence and Reasoning
- This section is basically related to logical thinking.
- Questions are asked from topics like Number series, Coding-Decoding, Arrangement-Direction test, Non verbal ,Classification (odd one out) test, Mathematical operations, cubes and cubical dice test , Syllogisms , Statement conclusion etc.
- Practice a lot with SSC CPO previous year question papers and SSC CPO mock tests.
- Try to solve maximum number of questions in a stipulated amount of time. This will increase your speed and enhance your accuracy.
- Reasoning is one of the trickiest yet one of the scoring sections in SSC CPO Exam.
- The questions asked every year almost have the similar pattern.
Important Books For General Intelligence and Reasoning Section for SSC CPO 2016
- A Modern Approach To Verbal & Non-Verbal Reasoning – RS Agarwal
- Buy A New Approach to Reasoning :Arihant Publication
- Buy Analytical Reasoning by MK pandey
- Being one of the most important and dynamic sections of all, general awareness is also unpredictable in terms of what topics will be asked.
- You ned to pay attention to current affairs, static Gk and general science to score well.
- Allot some minimum amount of time on reading newspapers and monthly magazines. But, don’t forget pay more attention to static GK as it is the most important.
- Make Science and Static your first priority. You can make current affairs your second priority. This can be divided into-
- Focus on Indian history and very minimum focus on world history.
- Pay attention to three major areas- Ancient, Medieval and Modern.
- You can get started with books of class 7th to 12th.
- Most of the questions are asked from Modern History and Ancient History. From ancient history, the questions are mainly asked from Buddhism, Jainism, Vedas and Indus Valley civilization etc.
- Lucent General Knowledge book is good for this section.
Geography and Economics
- Here, you need to focus on physical and Indian Geography.
- No necessity of going through world geography .
- Questions are also asked from economy but very few.
- Refer NCERT of Geography from class 7th to 10th and economics book of 11th class only.
- You can refer Lucent and Previous Years Questions which will help you in this section
- 35 – 40% of SSC CGL questions are science based questions.
- Follow basic NCERT science books from 7th to 10th class.
- You can start Solve Previous Years Questions Papers.
- Also refer to Lucent General Science Book
- Current affairs is the most dynamic topic.
- To boost your current affairs part, go through newspapers on a daily basis.
- Go through important information like names of people and places in news, names of receivers of various awards etc.
- Keep an eye on the national BUDGET regularly.
- It is the section which requires problem solving skills.
- You need to be strong in quant section for selection. This section requires practice and only practice.
- You need two things in quant: 1) Conceptual Clarity and 2) Practice.
- The major areas for SSC CGL are Ratio and Partnership, Number theory, Average and Allegations, Time speed and distance, Algebra, Percentage, Data interpretation, Trigonometry and Geometry.
- Follow class 8th,9th and 10th NCERT math books.
- You need to pay utmost attention to Trigonometry, Percentage, Algebra and Geometry as maximum number of question come from these sections.
Books for Quantitative Aptitude for SSC CPO
- Quantitative Aptitude For Competitive Examinations
- Text Book of Quickest Mathematics: Quantitative Aptitude
- Quantitative Aptitude for Competitive Examinations
- Quantitative Aptitude Quantum
- Fast Track Objective Arithmetic
- Kiran Prakashan Previous years Papers
SC CPO English Preparation – How to Steps to prepare for English in SSC CPO
As far as the syllabus is concerned, there is no major discrepancy in SSC CPO and SSC CGL pattern. We present you major preparation tips to crack SSC CPO SI 2017. Let us discuss some tips on how to crack English in SSC CPO exam–
- Take a printout of SSC CPO 2017 English Exam pattern and Syllabus and prepare according to the syllabus. Make sure you don’t skip any of the important topics and prepare questions from them.
- Pick up standard books for SSC CPO preparation. Don’t follow random books and instead follow standard books recommended for SSC CPO preparation.
- Focus on the vocabulary part and learn new words along with their meaning.
- Practice English questions from quizzes. Solving English quizzes and mocks will be extremely helpful for you to get acquainted with the exam pattern.
SSC CPO English Books to be followed :
- Arihant Publications
- English for General Competitions from Plinth to Paramount (Volume 1)- Neetu Singh (KD Publications)
- English for General Competitions (Volume 2)- Neetu Singh (KD Publications)
- Word Power Made Easy by Norman Lewis
- Objective General English by SP Bakshi
- High School English Grammar By Wren and Martin
SSC CPO Last Minute Preparation Tips
- Practice Mock Tests: Mock tests are important in determining your success in exams. How well you do in mock tests will determine how well you do in the exams.
- Prepare study notes: Prepare notes and and jot down important points from what you study. Keep important notes of important topics, it helps.
- Discuss with Friends and Teachers: Discuss the syllabus and notes with friends and teachers. It might also help you make more friends.
- Eat Well, sleep well and exercise: Follow the mantra of eat well, Sleep well and exercise as this will help you to focus on your exams.
- Do Yoga and meditation: Yoga and meditation are timeless ancient Indian sciences that can help in dealing with stress during exams.
- Think Positive: Learn to think positive, be positive. Eliminate negative thoughts from your mind by doing things that interest you.
General SSC CPO Preparation Tips 2018
The only way to get good at anything is by practising. Practice as much as you can before the examination. Solving Mock Tests is the best way to practice as it gives a clear picture about the type of questions asked and the pattern being followed in the question paper.
Know your Exam well:
Knowing the examination pattern, syllabus, selection process makes the preparation process smooth and flawless. The better you know your exam, better will be the ability to grasp things. Get all the examination resources/study material before you start preparing. Make your preparation efficient enough to clear SSC CPO examination by sticking to our study plan.
Give weightage to important topics:
Analyse your performance on a regular basis and find out your weaker and stronger links. Once you mark your performance well, you can practice accordingly giving more emphasis on your weaker areas and at the same time keep on practicing the topics you are good at on a regular basis. Mark the topics, which are frequently asked in the examination and try to be a master of those particular topics to score well in SSC CPO Examination.
Practice previous years question papers:
Previous year papers are uniquely useful, if used in properly. Candidates will be able to the question paper type and this will boost up their confidence. One should also mark the repeated questions from last few years question papers and study them well.
SSC CPO Subject wise Study Plan
English Language and Comprehension:
Vocabulary, Grammar, Sentence Structure, Synonyms and Antonyms, Sentence Completion, Phrases and Idiomatic use of words, Comprehension are the topics you should focus on to score well.
General Awareness Section is important Section for SSC CPO Exam Point of view.
The section is divided into two parts – one static GK and the other is current affairs. You also need to read up on Science and Static GK to score well in this section. Do not forget to read up on ancient, medieval and modern history. Reading high school history textbooks is enough for this. You can read NCERT Geography textbooks for this. Reading NCERT school textbooks is a great way to prepare for General Awareness.
Quantitative aptitude is the most important section that will decide your success in SSC CPO exams. This section is very crucial in deciding your success in the exams. Pay attention to trigonometry, algebra, and geometry. Also learn percentage and Data interpretation well.
Mains Examination : SSC CPO Preparation Tips 2018
English Language & Comprehension:
The main areas of English Section includes vocabulary, grammar, idioms and phrases, spelling test, sentence completion and reading comprehension, active and passive voice, direct and indirect speech, and reading comprehension.
English Preparation Tips:
- For reading comprehension questions, read the passage entirely before attempting the questions.
- For Synonym and Antonym questions, the words may be mentioned in a line. This makes it easier for you as you can infer the meaning by analyzing the sentence.
- Read newspaper and other books and magazines regualrly to improve your vocabulary.
- Take one SSC CPO Mock Test daily to enhance your preparation.
- Analyze your performance in the mock tests. Learn your strong and weak points to improve your score, gradually.
Examination Pattern : SSC CPO Preparation Tips 2018
|Section||Subject||No. of Questions||Maximum marks||Time Duration|
|Part A||General Intelligence & Reasoning||50||50||
Time Duration of 2 hours
|Part B||General Knowledge and General Awareness||50||50|
|Part C||Quantitative Aptitude||50||50|
|Pard D||English Comprehension||50||50|
|Subject||No. of Questions||Maximum Marks||Time Duration|
|English Language and Comprehension||200||200||2 hours|
Examination Syllabus : SSC CPO Preparation Tips 2018
Syllabus for SSC CPO SI Exam is as follows :
- General Intelligence and Reasoning
- General Knowledge and General Awareness
- Quantitative Aptitude
- English Comprehension
General Intelligence and Reasoning:
It includes both verbal and Non-Verbal type of questions, includes questions and analogies, word building, coding-decoding, numerical operations, symbolic operations, space orientation, embedded figures, critical thinking, emotional intelligence, social intelligence.
General Awareness will have questions about the society. Questions will test knowledge of current affairs. It also includes test related to India, its neighbouring country, history, culture, geography, economic scene, general polity, Indian constitution, scientific research.
Appropriate use of numbers, fractions, decimals, percentage, ratio and proportion, square roots, averages, interest, profit and loss, discount, time and distance, time and work, School algebra, elementary surds, graphs, linear equation, triangle, quadrilaterals, circle, trigonometric ratio, heights and distances, histogram, pie chart, bar diagram.
Ability of the candidate to understand correct English, basic comprehension, writing ability, etc.
So, did you find our post on SSC CPO Preparation Tips 2018 helpful? Then, keep visiting us regularly for more study plan related updates.
Share your thoughts/queries here!