SSC CPO Preparation Tips & Strategy 2018 – Crack SSC CPO SI,ASI,CAPF Exam
Know Complete Study Plan – SSC CPO Preparation Tips 2018
SSC CPO Preparation Tips & Strategy 2018
Our experts have prepared for you, SSC CPO Preparation Tips 2018 to guide you to the right way of preparation. As the SSC CPO Examination is nearing its conduct, candidates are eager to know the plan for preparation which can guide them to success. The Staff Selection Commission has several job openings that often involve police, inspection, supervision, audit and jobs that involve travel, military, and may also involve interaction with the public.
We at Toprankers are committed to be a part of your success and so we prepared a section-wise study plan along with few golden tips to remember while preparing for the upcoming sought out examination.
SSC CPO Subject-wise Preparation Tips
1.General Intelligence and Reasoning
- This section is basically related to logical thinking.
- Questions are asked from topics like Number series, Coding-Decoding, Arrangement-Direction test, Non verbal ,Classification (odd one out) test, Mathematical operations, cubes and cubical dice test , Syllogisms , Statement conclusion etc.
- Practice a lot with SSC CPO previous year question papers and SSC CPO mock tests.
- Try to solve maximum number of questions in a stipulated amount of time. This will increase your speed and enhance your accuracy.
- Reasoning is one of the trickiest yet one of the scoring sections in SSC CPO Exam.
- The questions asked every year almost have the similar pattern.
Important Books For General Intelligence and Reasoning Section for SSC CPO 2016
- A Modern Approach To Verbal & Non-Verbal Reasoning – RS Agarwal
- Buy A New Approach to Reasoning : Arihant Publication
- Buy Analytical Reasoning by MK pandey
2. General Awareness
- Being one of the most important and dynamic sections of all, general awareness is also unpredictable in terms of what topics will be asked.
- You ned to pay attention to current affairs, static Gk and general science to score well.
- Allot some minimum amount of time on reading newspapers and monthly magazines. But, don’t forget pay more attention to static GK as it is the most important.
- Make Science and Static your first priority. You can make current affairs your second priority. This can be divided into-
- Focus on Indian history and very minimum focus on world history.
- Pay attention to three major areas- Ancient, Medieval and Modern.
- You can refer to the history books of 7th to 10th standard.
- Most of the questions are asked from Modern History and Ancient History. From ancient history, the questions are mainly asked from Buddhism, Jainism, Vedas and Indus Valley civilization etc.
- Lucent General Knowledge book is good for this section.
Geography and Economics
- Here, you need to focus on physical and Indian Geography.
- No necessity of going through world geography .
- Questions are also asked from economy but very few.
- Refer NCERT of Geography from class 7th to 10th and economics book of 11th class only.
- You can refer Lucent and Previous Years Questions which will help you in this section
- 35 – 40% of SSC CPO questions are from science topic.
- Follow basic NCERT science books from 7th to 10th class.
- You can start Solve Previous Years Questions Papers.
- Also refer to Lucent General Science Book
4. Current Affairs
- Current affairs is the most dynamic topic.
- To boost your current affairs part, go through newspapers on a daily basis.
- Go through important information like names of people and places in news, names of receivers of various awards etc.
- Keep an eye on the national BUDGET regularly.
5. Quantitative Aptitude
- It is the section which requires problem solving skills.
- You need to be strong in quant section for selection. This section requires practice and only practice.
- You need two things in quant: 1) Conceptual Clarity and 2) Practice.
- The major areas for SSC CGL are Ratio and Partnership, Number theory, Average and Allegations, Time speed and distance, Algebra, Percentage, Data interpretation, Trigonometry and Geometry.
- Follow class 8th,9th and 10th NCERT math books.
- You need to pay utmost attention to Trigonometry, Percentage, Algebra and Geometry as maximum number of question come from these sections.
Books for Quantitative Aptitude for SSC CPO
- Quantitative Aptitude For Competitive Examinations
- Text Book of Quickest Mathematics: Quantitative Aptitude
- Quantitative Aptitude for Competitive Examinations
- Quantitative Aptitude Quantum
- Fast Track Objective Arithmetic
- Kiran Prakashan Previous years Papers
SC CPO English Preparation – How to Steps to prepare for English in SSC CPO
As far as the syllabus is concerned, there is no major discrepancy in SSC CPO and SSC CGL pattern. We present you major preparation tips to crack SSC CPO SI 2017. Let us discuss some tips on how to crack English in SSC CPO exam–
- Take a printout of SSC CPO 2017 English Exam pattern and Syllabus and prepare according to the syllabus. Make sure you don’t skip any of the important topics and prepare questions from them.
- Pick up standard books for SSC CPO preparation. Don’t follow random books and instead follow standard books recommended for SSC CPO preparation.
- Focus on the vocabulary part and learn new words along with their meaning.
- Practice English questions from quizzes. Solving English quizzes and mocks will be extremely helpful for you to get familiar with the exam pattern.
SSC CPO English Books to be followed :
- Arihant Publications
- English for General Competitions from Plinth to Paramount (Volume 1)- Neetu Singh (KD Publications)
- English for General Competitions (Volume 2)- Neetu Singh (KD Publications)
- Word Power Made Easy by Norman Lewis
- Objective General English by SP Bakshi
- High School English Grammar By Wren and Martin
So, did you find our post on SSC CPO Preparation Tips 2018 helpful? Then, keep visiting us regularly for more study plan related updates.
Share your thoughts/queries here!