SSC CPO Preparation Tips 2020
As the SSC CPO Examination is scheduled to be held in the month of September 2020, candidates are eager to know the plan for preparation which can guide them to success. Our experts have prepared SSC CPO Preparation Tips 2020 to guide you to the right way of preparation.
- Following the SSC CPO 2020 Preparation Tips will help aspirants to know how to utilize their time for preparation and how to improve their speed and accuracy.
- The Staff Selection Commission has several job openings that often involve police, inspection, supervision, audit, and jobs that involve travel, military, and may also involve interaction with the public.
- Candidates are suggested to go through the SSC CPO Cut Off in order to know what is the qualifying marks required to get shortlisted for the next stage of the selection process.
SSC CPO Preparation Tips 2020
We at Toprankers are committed to being a part of your success and so we prepared a section-wise study plan along with few golden tips to remember while preparing for the upcoming sought out examination. Go through the preparation tips provided by experts to know how to prepare for SSC CPO Exam.
- Before starting with preparation, it is important for candidates to be aware of the complete syllabus and exam pattern of the SSC CPO 2020 Exam.
- Here, we have provided section-wise SSC CPO SI preparation tips for all the stages of the exam. Following these tips will help candidates to better succeed in the exam.
- Aspirants appearing for the paper 1 exam need to practice the SSC CPO Important Questions on a daily basis to score good marks in the exam.
SSC CPO Preparation Strategy 2020
The candidates are required to prepare effectively with correct sources and correct SSC CPO Topper Preparation Tips in order to better succeed in the exam.
To crack any competitive exam, time management is the most important factor. Begin your preparation by assigning fixed time for each subject. This will help you learn how to analyze questions in the final exam without wasting much time. Don’t stick on the question you don’t know, skip that particular question and solve the other questions that are easy.
Before starting your preparation, it is important for candidates to know the detailed SSC CPO Syllabus. It will help you know the difficult topics and easy topics as the point of the exam. Prepare a study plan as per the syllabus and start your preparation.
Know the Exam pattern
After knowing the syllabus, candidates must go through the SSC CPO Exam Pattern 2020. Knowing the exam pattern will help you know the total number of questions for each section, marking scheme, and time duration for each section.
Short Term & Long Term Study Plan
It is important that the candidates should prepare both short term and long term plans and strictly follow it consistently until the exam is over.
Know Weakness and Strengths
During the preparation, it is important for candidates to know their weaknesses and strengths. It will help to build up in strong areas and focus on the weaker areas to work hard. To analyze the preparation level, one can make a list of topics that they have learned on the most productive day and compare it with the topics they have learned on subsequent days.
Find Best Study Material
Finding the best study material is the most important factor while preparing for the SSC CPO 2020 Exam. You can opt for the best books that cover all the topics as per the latest syllabus. Candidates should be very careful while choosing the books because their entire preparation will depend on it.
Analyze Previous Year Papers
Solving SSC CPO Previous Year Papers will help candidates to know the type of questions asked in the exam, the difficulty level of the paper, marking scheme, etc. Candidates need to practice as many as sample papers in order to crack the exam easily. Also, every year some repeated questions will be asked in the exam from the previous year’s papers, so it will be easy to score marks in the exam.
Read Newspaper Daily
Reading newspapers daily will let candidates know all the happening around the world which is very important to clear the General Awareness section of the CPO Exam. Candidates must spend at least one-hour reading newspapers in order to improve their vocabulary.
Practice Mock Tests
Practicing mock tests will help candidates to improve their time management skills and problem-solving techniques. It will also help improve your speed, accuracy, and build your confidence. Practicing more and more SSC CPO Mock Tests regularly would definitely help learn the techniques to solve the difficult type of questions easily in the exam.
Without revision, it is difficult for candidates to remember the concepts. So, candidates are advised to revise all the topics on a weekly basis. It will also help you focus more on topics that you are feeling difficult.
SSC CPO Preparation Tips (Section-Wise)
Go through the section-wise preparation Tips from below that help candidates to know how to prepare for SSC CPO.
General Intelligence and Reasoning Preparation Tips
- This section is basically related to logical thinking.
- Questions are asked from topics like Number series, Coding-Decoding, Arrangement-Direction test, Non-verbal, Classification (odd one out) test, Mathematical operations, cubes, and cubical dice test, Syllogisms, Statement conclusion, etc.
- Strengthen your Reasoning by practicing puzzles, coding-decoding as they are high scoring topics.
- Practice a lot with the CPO previous year question papers and mock tests.
- Try to solve the maximum number of questions in a stipulated amount of time. This will increase your speed and enhance your accuracy.
- The reasoning is one of the trickiest yet one of the scoring sections in the SSC CPO Exam.
- The questions asked every year almost have a similar pattern.
CPO General Intelligence and Reasoning Books
Let us have a look at the table below to know the important books that need to be referred for the General Intelligence and Reasoning section.
|A New Approach to Reasoning Verbal, Non-Verbal & Analytical||B.S. Sijwali, Indu Sijwali|
|Analytical Reasoning||M.K. Pandey|
|Verbal and Nonverbal Reasoning||R S Aggarwal|
|Reasoning For General Competition||KD Campus|
General Awareness Preparation Tips
General Awareness can be a bit tricky as the scope for this section is huge. However, candidates can score good marks in this section by following the preparation tips for SSC CPO SI.
- Being one of the most important and dynamic sections of all, general awareness is also unpredictable in terms of what topics will be asked.
- You need to pay attention to current affairs, static Gk, and general science to score well.
- Allot some minimum amount of time on reading newspapers and monthly magazines. But, don’t forget to pay more attention to static GK as it is the most important.
- Make Science and Static your first priority. You can make current affairs your second priority. This can be divided into
- Focus on Indian history and very minimum focus on world history.
- Pay attention to three major areas- Ancient, Medieval, and Modern.
- You can refer to the history books of 7th to 10th standard.
- Most of the questions are asked from Modern History and Ancient History. From ancient history, the questions are mainly asked from Buddhism, Jainism, Vedas, and Indus Valley civilization, etc.
- Lucent General Knowledge book is good for this section.
Geography and Economics
- Here, you need to focus on physical and Indian Geography.
- No necessity of going through world geography.
- Questions are also asked from the economy but very few.
- Refer NCERT of Geography from class 7th to 10th and economics book of 11th class only.
- You can refer Lucent and Previous Years Questions which will help you in this section
- 35 – 40% of SSC CPO questions are from the science topic.
- Follow basic NCERT science books from 7th to 10th class.
- You can start Solve Previous Years Questions Papers.
- Also, refer to Lucent General Science Book
- Current affairs are the most dynamic topic.
- To boost your current affairs part, go through newspapers on a daily basis.
- Go through important information like names of people and places in news, names of receivers of various awards, etc.
- Keep an eye on the national BUDGET regularly.
CPO General Knowledge and General Awareness Books
Check the table below to the best books for the preparation of the General Awareness section of the SSC CPO Exam.
|GS Set For General Competition||KD Campus|
|Lucent’s General Knowledge||Lucent Publication|
|Manorama Yearbook||Mammen Mathew|
Quantitative Aptitude Preparation Tips
The preparation of Maths is not a tough task. If candidates allocate 3-4 hours per day to Maths, they can effortlessly crack the Maths section of SSC CPO with high marks.
- It is the section that requires problem-solving skills.
- You need to be strong in the quant section for selection. This section requires practice and only practice.
- You need two things in quant: 1) Conceptual Clarity and 2) Practice.
- The major areas for SSC CGL are Ratio and Partnership, Number theory, Average and Allegations, Time speed and distance, Algebra, Percentage, Data interpretation, Trigonometry, and Geometry.
- Follow class 8th,9th, and 10th NCERT maths books.
- You need to pay utmost attention to Trigonometry, Percentage, Algebra, and Geometry as the maximum number of question come from these sections.
- Make a chart of all the formulas and paste it in your room. Keep going through the formulas whenever you get the time.
- Try to give more time to the topics that are tough.
CPO Quantitative Aptitude Books
Along with the SSC CPO SI Preparation Tips, check the names of the books for the Quantitative Aptitude section from the table below.
|Arihant’s Fast Track Objective Arithmetic||Arihant Publication|
|Quantitative Aptitude for Competitive Examinations||R.S. Aggarwal|
|Arithmetics For General Competition Vol 1 & 2||Neetu Singh|
How to prepare for SSC CPO English Section?
As far as the syllabus is concerned, there is no major discrepancy in SSC CPO and SSC CGL pattern. We present you major preparation tips to crack SSC CPO SI 2020. Let us discuss some tips on how to crack English in the SSC CPO exam.
- Take a printout of the SSC CPO 2020 English Exam Pattern and Syllabus and prepare according to the syllabus. Make sure you don’t skip any of the important topics and prepare questions from them.
- Pick up standard books for SSC CPO preparation. Don’t follow random books and instead follow standard books recommended for SSC CPO preparation.
- Focus on the vocabulary part and learn new words along with their meaning.
- Practice English questions from quizzes. Solving English quizzes and mocks will be extremely helpful for you to get familiar with the exam pattern.
CPO English Comprehension Books
Let us have a look at the table below to know the best SSC CPO Books for the preparation of English Comprehension.
|Quick Learning Objective General English||R.S. Aggarwal & Vikas Aggarwal|
|Objective General English||S.P. Bakshi|
|High School English Grammar and Composition||Wren & Martin|
SSC CPO Preparation Tips: On The Day Of Exam
Aspirants appearing for the SSC CPO 2020 Exam must note that they should clear overall cut off in order to eligible for the next stage of the exam. Otherwise, they will not be eligible to appear for the next stage of the recruitment process.
- Candidates are suggested not to waste their time on questions they find difficult on the day of the exam. Instead, they should move to the next question.
- Attempt the minimum number of questions that are required to clear the sectional cut-off of the section if you feel any particular section is a bit challenging.
- Read the questions carefully while answering because some questions will be tricky to solve.
- Try to avoid shortcuts in the exam and do not answer the question if you are not sure about it.
SSC CPO Preparation Tips FAQ’s
Q) How can I better prepare for the SSC CPO Exam 2020?
Following the expert tips will definitely help you to prepare better for the SSC CPO Exam 2020. Begin your preparation by studying from the right CPO Books which covers all the concepts and topics according to the latest exam pattern and make sure you are aware of the detailed Paper pattern and latest Syllabus of SSC CPO before starting your preparation.
Taking up Mock Tests regularly and solving SSC CPO Previous Year Questions Papers helps to test your preparation and improve your speed and managing time. One of the best methods to score more marks in the exam is to practice as many previous year question papers as possible.
Q) What are the best books for the preparation of SSC CPO Syllabus of Maths section?
The following are some of the best books for the preparation of SSC CPO Syllabus 2020 of Maths section.
- Arihant’s Fast Track Objective Arithmetic by Arihant Publication
- Quantitative Aptitude for Competitive Examinations by R.S. Aggarwal
- Arithmetics For General Competition Vol 1 & 2 by Neetu Singh
Q) Where can I get the best preparation material for SSC CPO Exam?
You can find many study materials for the SSC CPO Preparation on the internet and book shops, but choosing the best one is the big task. We at Toprankers provide the best study material for SSC Exams. We provide SSC CPO Mock Tests Series, study notes, and many more. Practicing these mock tests would definitely help increase your time management skills and speed.
Q) What are the best sources to cover the SSC CPO General Awareness Syllabus?
The topics are especially pertaining to- History, Culture, Geography, Economic Scene, General Polity, Indian Constitution, Scientific Research, etc. You can cover the topics in the syllabus by following Daily Current Affairs and reading newspapers daily.
Q) What are the important topics from the SSC CPO Syllabus 2020 for reasoning for Paper 1?
The important topics from the SSC CPO English Syllabus 2020 as follows-Number Series, Coding-Decoding and Classification, Problem Solving, Syllogistic Reasoning, Arithmetic Number Series, Analogy, Arithmetical Reasoning, and Figural Classification. Make sure to cover the entire syllabus in due time and make a number of revisions before the exam.
Share your thoughts/queries here!