SSC CPO Physical Test and Medical examination 2020 – Check Medical Test Schedule
- SSC CPO Physical Test and Medical examination
- Selection Process for SSC CPO
- Physical Standards Test (PST)
- Physical Endurance Test (PET) for SSC CPO
- How to Prepare for SSC CPO SI Physical Test 2020?
- SSC CPO Medical examination 2020:
- Region-wise SSC CPO Medical Test Schedule 2020
- SSC CPO Preparation Tips 2020
- SSC CPO Physical Test FAQs
Staff Selection Commission has released the SSC CPO Official Notification 2020 to recruit candidates for Sub-Inspector (SI) in Delhi Police and Central Armed Police Forces (CAPFs). Aspirants of SI job can go through the complete post to know the selection process of SSC CPO Physical Test 2020.
- As per the SSC CPO Exam Dates, the paper 1 exam is scheduled for 23 November – 26 November 2020. Hence, candidates can start their preparation well in advance in order to score good marks in the exam.
- As per the notification, a candidate must be physically and mentally fit to get select for the CPO post.
- The article explains in-depth information about the SSC CPO Physical Test Requirements and Medical Examination.
- In order to get your dream post in CPO, then clearing the SSC CPO Medical and Physical test is very important.
- The physical test and medical test plays an important role in the SSC CPO Exam, as it helps in shortlisting the eligible candidates for different posts of SI/ASI.
SSC CPO Physical Test and Medical examination
SSC CPO Exam is a golden opportunity to join Police, military and para-military forces. In SSC CPO after the Tier I written Examination, one needs to Pass Physical Standards Test, Physical Endurance Test, and a Medical Test.
- Candidates who fail in the SSC CPO PET test cannot write the Tier II exam.
- There is a huge number of applicants every year for CPO due to the high paid SSC CPO Salary and satisfying job profile.
- Remember that Despite, clearing any written examination in SSC CPO, you always have to clear the Physical Test and Medical Test in SSC CPO 2020.
- Any Police jobs require good physical health. If you want to be part of the Police and Paramilitary forces, one needs to have excellent physical health failing which it is not possible to be part of the Police force.
Various Posts under SSC CPO 2020:
Under the SSC Central Police Organization Recruitment 2020, there are various posts offered and those are as follows:
- Sub Inspector in Delhi Police
- Sub- Inspector in Border Security Force (BSF)
- Sub-Inspector in Central Industrial Security Force (CISF)
- Sub-Inspector in Central Reserve Police Force (CRPF)
- Sub-Inspector in Indo-Tibetan Border Police Force (ITBPF)
- Sub-Inspector in Sashastra Seema Bal (SSB)
- Assistant Sub-Inspector in Central Industrial Security Force (CISF)
Selection Process for SSC CPO
The selection comprises Phase I of written examination, Physical Examination Test, Phase II of written test, and finally Medical Test. Let’s look at Physical Standards approved for CPO before SSC CPO Medical examination:
Physical Standards Test (PST)
As per the notification, the SSC CPO Eligibility Criteria for physical standards test varies for both male and female candidates. Go through the table below to know the detailed information of SSC CPO Physical Test Requirements.
- There shall be no minimum requirement of chest measurement for female candidates. However, they must fulfill the PET criteria set by the commission to get shortlisted for the next round of the selection process.
- The relaxation in physical standards such as height and chest once granted at the time of initial appointment in Delhi Police will hold good till the individual concerned remains in Delhi Police.
- Candidates who are not qualified in the physical standard test may prefer an appeal to the appellate authority present on the PET/ PST ground.
- Aspirants must be aware that no appeal will be entertained after the declaration of the final result by the appellate authority.
- PET exam will not carry any marks, but it should be qualifying in nature.
- Ex-Servicemen applying for the posts are not required to undergo PET. However, all Ex-Servicemen are required to pass the written tests and fulfill the physical standards prescribed by the commission.
Eligibility Tests for Male
Here, we have provided the SSC CPO SI Physical Test Details for the male candidates.
|Category of candidates (Male)||Height (in cms)||Chest (in cms )|
|(i) For male candidates only GENERAL||170||80||85|
|For candidates belonging to Hill areas of Garhwal, Kumaon, Himachal Pradesh, Gorkhas, Dogras, Marathas, Kashmir Valley, Leh & Ladakh regions of J&K, The North-Eastern States and Sikkim||165||80||85|
|For all candidates belonging to Scheduled Tribes||162.5||77||82|
Eligibility Tests for Female
Check the table below to know the requirements fo the physical efficiency test for SSC CPO for female candidates.
|Category of candidates (Female)||Height (in cms)||Chest (in cms )|
|(ii) For Female candidates only GENERAL||157||–||–|
|For candidates belonging to Hill areas of Garhwal, Kumaon, Himachal Pradesh, Gorkhas, Dogras, Marathas, Kashmir Valley, Leh & Ladakh regions of J&K, The North-Eastern States and Sikkim||155||–||–|
|For all candidates belonging to Scheduled Tribe||154||–||–|
Weight: Corresponding to height (for all posts)
Physical Endurance Test (PET) for SSC CPO
(i) For male candidates only:
- 100 meters race in 16 seconds
- 1.6 kms race in 6.5 minutes
- Long Jump: 3.65 meters in 3 chances
- High Jump: 1.2 meters in 3 chances
- Shot put (16 Lbs): 4.5 meters in 3 chance
(ii) For female candidates only:
- 100 meters race in 18 seconds
- 800 meters race in 4 minutes
- Long Jump: 2.7 meters in 3 chances.
- High Jump: 0.9 meters in 3 chances.
How to Prepare for SSC CPO SI Physical Test 2020?
As per the experts, knowing the SSC CPO Syllabus 2020 will help candidates to better prepare for the upcoming exam. In order to clear this stage easily, candidates must follow the parameters given by the officials. Candidates reaching above the given considerations will be eligible for getting shortlisted to the next stage easily.
SSC CPO Medical examination 2020:
Candidate must fulfill all criteria in Physical Examination Test and be of proper weight, height, and BMI. Aspirants need to be prepared for Medical Exam, along with other tests that include the following in SSC CPO Medical examination: Let’s look at the various procedure that is followed in the medical test for SSC CPO:
- All the eligible candidates will be medically examined by the Medical Officer of the CAPFs or any other Medical Officer or Assistant Surgeon belonging to Grade-I of any Central/ State Govt. Hospital or Dispensary.
- Candidates can make an appeal before Review Medical Board within the prescribed time limit of 15 days in case if they are found to be unfit.
- No appeal/ representation against the decision of the ReMedical Board/ Review Medical Board will be entertained.
- The minimum distant vision should be 6/6 and 6/9 of two eyes without correction i.e. without wearing of glasses.
- Candidates suffering from Myopia, Hypermetropia, or far vision and near vision are not eligible for SSC CPO.
- Iris Check is also included in the Eye Test. The candidate must not have a squint in eyes and they should possess high color vision.
- Do not use contact lenses on the day of medical tests as eyes are rubbed to check if you are wearing contact lenses.
- It is difficult to identify if you have undergone LASIK surgery. According to official rules, candidates who have undergone Lasik surgery or eye correction are not eligible for the job in SSC CPO. However, if you have undergone LASIK surgery and are appearing for the Medical test it is entirely at your own risk.
Color Blindness Test:
- Examiner will conduct a color blindness test according to the relevant medical procedure. You will be asked to read numbers on a color dotted book.
Flat Foot and Knock Knee Check:
- In knock Knee test, Knee must not touch each other when standing at Straight at 90 Degree angle. In the Flat Foot test, your foot must be in proper shape and must have a curve. If you have flat feet, you will be disqualified.
Sharp sensibility Test:
- Test of Nose- Ear-Mouth, and Teeth.
Urine Sample Collection:
- Routine Checkup of a Urine sample to check on the health of candidates.
- They will conduct the blood test of CBC, STD test to test if you are suffering from any illness.
Physical Body Check:
- Vital signs of Blood Pressure, Weight, Blood sugar, BMI, and other vital signs of the body are examined.
Hand Movement Test:
- Examiner will check if you are able to move both your hands and you will be examined under the checkup.
X-Ray of Chest:
- There will be no X-ray of Chest for female candidates.
- Clean your ear with cotton buds before appearing for the medical test.
- Candidate must not suffer from Hydrocele or Piles problem.
- Candidates must not suffer from Varicose Veins or chances of selection are difficult.
Apart from the above tests, the following simple tests will also be done at the time of the SSC CPO Medical test.
- Backbone Test: The backbone must be straight and proper.
- Teeth: Teeth must be proper with a complete set of teeth.
- Arms: Arms should be movable and proper.
Region-wise SSC CPO Medical Test Schedule 2020
As per the notification, the physical test for SI will be conducted region-wise. Here, we will update with region wise SSC CPO schedule as soon as it is available on the official website.
|Rajasthan, Delhi, Uttarakhand||NR (North Region)||Available Soon|
|Maharashtra, Gujarat, Goa||WR (Western Region)||Available Soon|
|Madhya Pradesh, Chhattisgarh||MP Sub-Region||Available Soon|
|West Bengal, Odisha, Jharkhand, A&N Island, Sikkim||ER (Eastern Region)||Available Soon|
|Assam, Arunachal Pradesh, Manipur, Meghalaya, Tripura, Nagaland, Mizoram||NER- (North-East Region)||Available Soon|
|Andhra Pradesh, Pondicherry, Tamilnadu||SR (Southern Region)||Available Soon|
|Karnataka, Kerala||KKR||Available Now|
|Haryana, Punjab, J&K, Himachal Pradesh||NWR (North Western Region)||Available Soon|
|Uttar Pradesh & Bihar||CR (Central Region)||Available Soon|
In short, candidates must be fit and fine without any health issues. Joining the Police and Para-military forces requires one to be in good health. As it is a job involving strenuous physical work, one must be agile and healthy without which chances of employability in police forces is not possible.
SSC CPO Preparation Tips 2020
The preparation tips will help in guiding you and will get you ready for any hurdle that you might face. Keep these important tips in mind while preparing for the upcoming exam.
- First, understand the complete syllabus and exam pattern of the CPO exam in and out.
- After knowing the syllabus, collect the required study materials from a proper source including books from online.
- A timetable should be laid down and every subject should be covered daily.
- Then start your preparation with easy topics and then proceed to difficult topics.
- Solving previous year papers and sample papers will help aspirants to do well in the exams and also work on their weaker subjects.
- Speed is an important factor in the exam. Try to solve questions faster and with accuracy.
- Take up SSC CPO Mock Tests regularly and this will help candidates improve their speed and manage time in the exam.
- Make sure to finish the sample papers on time and after completion of solving, check all your answers, and allot marks yourself for each question.
- Candidates are advised to solve General Awareness Quiz on a daily basis and doing this will help increase your confidence levels.
- Note down where you go wrong and know how to correct the mistakes.
SSC CPO Physical Test FAQs
Q. What is the Physical Test for SSC CPO SI Exam?
Ans: The physical test is the second stage of the selection process in the SSC CPO Exam. Candidates clearing the first stage of SSC CPO will be eligible for Physical Standard Test/Physical Endurance Test. In this stage candidates who are physically and medically fit will be able to clear this stage easily.
Q. What is PET and PST test?
Ans: Physical Standard Test (PST): Candidates who are found eligible for the screening of their testimonials will be screened for height, weight, and chest measurements. Physical Endurance Test (PET) Candidates completing PST will be sent for PET wherein they need to undergo Long Jump and High Jump.
Q. Is it mandatory for candidates to clear Physical and Medical tests?
Ans: Yes, candidates need to clear this stage as per the parameters fixed by the officials. If cleared this stage successfully then they will be eligible to receive the appointment for their desired posts in SI/ASI.
Q. What is the SSC CPO Physical Test Date 2020?
Ans: As per the notification, the SSC CPO Physical Test Date was scheduled from 23rd March to 30th March 2020. However, the exam has been postponed by the commission due to the current crisis across the country. The new exam date for SSC CPO Physical Test Date will be announced soon on the official website.
Q. What is the eligibility for the SSC CPO 2020 Physical Test SI exam?
Ans: The SSC CPO Eligibility Criteria has 2 important factors- Educational Qualification and Age Limit (Age Relaxation as per the norms).
Educational Qualification- Candidates must have a Bachelor’s Degree from any recognized University or Institute.
Age Limit- The age limit of the aspirants must be in between 20-25 years
Share your thoughts/queries here!