SSC CPO Job Profile and Salary Structure
SSC CPO Job Profile and Salary – Check the detailed job responsibilities, duties and pay scale for each post under SSC CPO.
SSC CPO Job Profile and Salary
Staff Selection Commission organizes tests for many departments and ministries. One of the exams is held for the Central Police Organization. SSC CPO exam is held to fill following posts – Sub Inspector in Delhi Police and Central Armed Police Forces (CAPF), and Assistant Sub Inspector in Central Industrial Security Force (CISF). Under CAPF, the following units come – Border Security Force (BSF), Central Reserve Police Force (CRPF), Indo-Tibetan Border Police (ITBP), Seema Suraksha Bal (SSB), and Central Industrial Security Force (CISF). Every year, many candidates appear for SSC CPO exam. We will discuss the SSC CPO Job Profile for each post separately. Also you can find details of SSC CPO Salary and pay scale with allowances and perks.
SSC CPO Salary Structure
The below table shows SSC CPO pay scale for SI and ASI posts.
|Sub Inspectors in Delhi Police and CAPF||Level 6 Rs.35,400 – 1,12,400/- per month + Grade pay of Rs.4200|
|Assistant Sub Inspectors in CISF||Level 5
Rs.29,200 – 92,300/- per month + Grade pay of Rs.2800
SSC CPO Allowances
The House Rent Allowance and Travelling Allowance vary for the Sub Inspectors depending on the job location. The allowance varies for all cities according to the HRA classification adopted by the Indian Government. Three categories come under this classification – X, Y, and Z cities. Cities are classified into Class X, Y and Z based on factors like population, cost of living and urbanization.
- Class X Cities – 8 Cities only- (Delhi, Mumbai, Kolkata, Chennai, Bangalore, Hyderabad, Ahmedabad, and Pune)
- Class Y Cities – Around 100 Towns (With a Population above 5 Lakhs)
- Z Class Cities – Rural Areas
|Type of Cities||HRA||Travelling Allowance||Gross Salary||Salary In Hand|
Post-wise & Force-wise SSC CPO Roles and Responsibilities:
⇒ Responsibility of BSF:
- Protecting the border between India & Pakistan
- Promoting the sense of security in the citizens of India
- Prevent crimes across the border and illegal refugees
⇒ Responsibility of CRPF:
CRPF is responsible for controlling riots & Naxalites.
⇒ Responsibility of ITBP:
- Protecting the border between India & China (from Ladakh to Arunachal Pradesh)
- Providing security at northern borders that are close to Pakistan and China
- Preventing the violation of border
- Preventing smuggling, anti-national activities and illegal immigration across the border
⇒ Responsibility of SSB:
- Protecting Indo – Nepal and Indo – Bhutan borders
- Preventing cross-border crimes, smuggling, and other anti-national activities
⇒ Responsibility of CISF:
- Providing security to various government establishments, PSU and other state-owned infrastructures
- Protecting the Government infrastructure projects and industrial units
- Sub-Inspector in Delhi Police is responsible for maintaining law and order in Delhi.
So, tell us, did you find our post on SSC CPO Job Profile and Salary helpful? Then, keep visiting us regularly for more job profile and salary updates. And do share your thoughts with us in the comments section below. ‘Cause your opinion matters!
Share your thoughts/queries here!