SSC CPO Exam Pattern 2020
- SSC CPO Exam Pattern 2020
- SSC CPO Exam Pattern 2020 Highlights
- SSC CPO Exam Pattern
- SSC CPO Syllabus 2020
- SSC CPO Preparation Tips 2020
Staff Selection Commission has released SSC CPO Notification 2020 to recruit candidates for the posts of Sub-Inspectors (SI) in Delhi Police and Central Armed Police Forces (CAPFs). To help candidates, we have provided the complete details of the SSC CPO Exam pattern 2020.
- As per the notification, there are four stages involved in the selection process. Candidates need to qualify all the stages to receive an appointment for their applied post.
- It is important for candidates to be aware of the complete SSC CPO Syllabus and exam pattern 2020.
- Knowing the SSC CPO 2020 Exam Pattern will help candidates to know the number of questions asked from each section and the marking scheme.
- There is a provision of negative marking in the SSC CPO Exam 2020. For each incorrect answer, 0.25 marks will be deducted.
- Candidates must note that scoring above the SSC CPO Cut Off is a mandate to get qualified for the next stage of the exam.
SSC CPO Exam Pattern 2020
As the SSC CPO Tier 1 Exam is scheduled to be held in the month of September 2020, it is high time for candidates to start their preparation.
- The exam pattern of SSC CPO is for each tier will be different from each other.
- As per the CPO SSC exam pattern, both paper 1 and paper 2 have objective type questions.
- Check out the details of the SSC CPO SI Exam Pattern and Marking scheme to know marks for each section and total time duration to complete the exam.
- Aspirants are advised to follow the SSC CPO Preparation Tips provided tips to better prepare for the upcoming exam.
SSC CPO Exam Pattern 2020 Highlights
|Exam Name||SSC CPO (Central Police Organization)|
|Conducting Body||Staff Selection Commission|
|Stages of exam||Paper 1|
|Physical Standard Test (PST)/ Physical Endurance Test (PET),|
|Detailed Medical Examination (DME)|
|Number of sections||Paper 1 – Reasoning, GK, Quantitative Aptitude, and English|
|Paper 2 – English language & Comprehension|
|Duration of the test||Paper 1 – 2 hours|
|Paper 2 – 2 hours|
|Number of questions||Paper 1 – 200|
|Paper 2 – 200|
|Total marks||Both Paper 1 and Paper 2 comprises 200 marks|
|Types of questions||Objective Multiple Choice Type|
|Language of question paper||Hindi and English|
SSC CPO Exam Pattern
The SSC CPO Exam 2020 comprises four stages: Paper-I, Physical Standard Test (PST)/ Physical Endurance Test (PET), Paper-II, and Detailed Medical Examination (DME). Let us have a look at the detailed SSC CPO Exam pattern and syllabus and plan your preparation accordingly for the exam.
SSC CPO Paper 1 Exam Pattern
The SSC CPO Paper 1 Exam consists of four sections: General Intelligence and Reasoning, General Knowledge and General Awareness, Quantitative Aptitude, and English Comprehension.
- The paper 1 exam will be of objective multiple choice type.
- There are a total of 50 questions from each section and each question carries one mark.
- The exam is conducted for a total of 200 marks.
- There is a negative marking of 0.25 marks for each wrongly answered question.
- The time duration of the exam is 2 hours.
|Section||No. of Questions||Marks||Time|
|Reasoning Ability||50||50||2 hours|
SSC CPO Paper 2 Exam pattern
Candidates who will get shortlisted in the physical endurance test are eligible to appear for the Tier 2 exam.
- The SSC CPO Paper 2 exam is conducted to test the candidates’ understanding and knowledge of the English Language.
- Paper 2 consists of objective Multiple Choice questions.
- There are a total of 200 questions and each question carries one mark.
- The total time duration of the exam is 2 hours.
Check the table below to know the complete pattern of the Paper 2 exam of the SSC CPO 2020 exam.
|Section||No. of Questions||Marks||Time|
|English Language||200||200||2 hours|
SSC CPO Exam Pattern: Marking Scheme
Candidates can go through the table below to know the marking scheme of both paper 1 and paper 2 of the SSC CPO 2020 Exam.
- Candidates will be awarded +1 marks for each correct answer.
- There is a negative marking of 0.25 marks for each wrong answer.
- If the exam is conducted in multiple shifts, marks scored by candidates in computer-based examination will be normalized by the commission.
|Correct Answer||+1 Mark|
|Wrong Answer||-0.25 Marks|
SSC CPO Exam Pattern for PST (Physical Standard Test)/ PET (Physical Endurance Test)
Here, we have provided the detailed information of the SSC CPO Exam pattern for the PST and PET.
Physical Standard Test (For all posts)
Let us have a look at the table below to know the criteria for the physical standards test.
|Category||Height in Cms||Chest in Cms|
|Male (Unreserved category)||170||80||85|
|Male – belonging to Hill areas of Garhwal, Kumaon, Himachal Pradesh, Gorkhas, Dogras, Marathas, Kashmir Valley, Leh & Ladakh regions of J&K, North-Eastern States and Sikkim||165||80||85|
|All candidates belonging to Scheduled Tribes||162.5||77||82|
|Female (Unreserved category)||57||–||–|
|Female – belonging to Hill areas of Garhwal, Kumaon, Himachal Pradesh, Gorkhas, Dogras, Marathas, Kashmir Valley, Leh & Ladakh regions of J&K, North-Eastern States and Sikkim||155||–||–|
|Female candidates belonging to Scheduled Tribes||154||–||–|
Weight: Corresponding to height (for all posts)
Physical Endurance Test (For all posts)
Check the criteria required for the physical endurance test for both male and female posts.
- 100 metre race in 16 seconds
- 1.6 km race in 6.5 minutes
- Long Jump: 3.65 m in 3 chances
- High Jump: 1.2 m in 3 chances
- Shot put (16 pounds): 4.5 m in 3 chances
- 100 metre race in 18 seconds
- 800 m race in 4 minutes
- Long Jump: 2.7 m (9 feet) in 3 chances.
- High Jump: 0.9 m (3 feet) in 3 chances
Medical Standard (For all posts)
Candidates who will get qualified in the paper 2 exam are called for the medical exam and this is the last stage fo the selection process.
- Medical Examination: All the eligible candidates will be medically examined by the Medical Officer of the CAPFs or any other Medical Officer or Assistant Surgeon belonging to Grade-I of any Central/ State Govt. Hospital or Dispensary.
- Candidates can make an appeal before Review Medical Board within the prescribed time limit of 15 days in case if they are found to be unfit.
- No appeal/ representation against the decision of the ReMedical Board/ Review Medical Board will be entertained.
- EyeSight: The minimum near vision should be N6 (better eye) and N9 (worse eye). The minimum distant vision should be 6/6 (better eye) and 6/9 (worse eye) of both eyes without any correction like wearing glasses or surgery of any kind to improve visual acuity.
- In the right-handed person, the right eye should be a better eye and in the left-handed person, the left eye is should be a better eye.
- The candidate must not have knock knee, flat foot, varicose vein or squint in eyes and they should possess high colour vision.
- A candidate must be in good mental and bodily health and free from any physical defect likely to interfere with the efficient performance of the duties.
Finally selected candidates for the posts of Sub-Inspector would, as part of the training curriculum, have to pass seven obstacle events which are mentioned below.
- Jumping over the Vertical Board
- Holding the rope on jumping from the Board
- Tarzan Swing
- Jumping on the Horizontal Board
- Parallel Rope
- Monkey Crawl
- Vertical Rope
Tatoo: As per the notification, tattoos will be allowed as per the following stipulations only.
- Content: A tattoo depicting religious symbols or figures and the name, as followed in the Indian Army are permitted.
- Location: Tattoos marked on traditional sites of the body like inner aspect of forearm but only left forearm, being non-saluting limb or dorsum of the hands will be allowed.
- Size: Size must be less than 1⁄4 of the particular part (Elbow or Hand) of the body.
SSC CPO Syllabus 2020
Before starting with preparation, candidates must be aware of the SSC CPO Syllabus and exam pattern 2020. candidates are advised to solve SSC CPO Previous Year Question papers to know the difficulty level of the paper and type of questions asked in the exam.
Paper I Syllabus of SSC CPO
Check the table below to know the syllabus of SSC CPO Tier 1 Exam.
|General Reasoning||General Knowledge||Quantitative Aptitude||English Comprehension|
|Verbal Reasoning||Current Affairs||Percentage||Reading Comprehension|
|Syllogism||Awards and Honours||Ratio and Percentage||Grammar|
|Circular Seating Arrangement||Books and Authors||Data Interpretation||Vocabulary|
|Linear Seating Arrangement||Sports||Mensuration and Geometry||Verbal Ability|
|Double Lineup||Entertainment||Quadratic Equation||Synonyms-Antonyms|
|Scheduling||Obituaries||Interest||Active and Passive Voice|
|Input-Output||Important Dates||Problems of Ages||Para Jumbles|
|Blood Relations||Scientific Research||Profit and Loss||Fill in the Blanks|
|Directions and Distances||–||Number Series||Error Correction|
|Ordering and Ranking||–||Speed, Distance and Time||–|
|Data Sufficiency||–||Time and Work||–|
|Coding and Decoding||–||Number System||–|
|Code Inequalities||–||Data Sufficiency||–|
Paper 2 Syllabus of SSC CPO
Go through the table below to know the detailed syllabus of the SSC CPO paper 2 exam.
|Error Recognition Fill in the Blanks|
|Phrases and Idiomatic Use of Words|
SSC CPO Preparation Tips 2020
The preparation tips will help in guiding you and will get you ready for any hurdle that you might face. Keep these important tips in mind while preparing for the upcoming exam.
- First, understand the complete syllabus and exam pattern of the CPO exam in and out.
- After knowing the syllabus, collect the required study materials from a proper source including books from online.
- A timetable should be laid down and every subject should be covered daily.
- Then start your preparation with easy topics and then proceed to difficult topics.
- Speed is an important factor in the exam. Try to solve questions faster and with accuracy.
- Take up SSC CPO Mock Tests regularly and this will help candidates improve their speed and manage time in the exam.
- Solving previous year papers and sample papers will help aspirants to do well in the exams and also work on their weaker subjects.
- Make sure to finish the sample papers on time and after completion of solving, check all your answers, and allot marks yourself for each question.
- Note down where you go wrong and know how to correct the mistakes.
- Candidates are advised to solve General Awareness Quiz on a daily basis and doing this will help increase your confidence levels.
Share your thoughts/queries here!