SSC CHSL Syllabus 2020 (All Tiers)
- SSC CHSL Syllabus 2020 PDF
- SSC CHSL Important Topics 2020
- SSC CHSL Tier 1 Syllabus 2020
- SSC CHSL English Syllabus 2020 Tier 1
- How to attempt SSC CHSL Tier 1 English Section?
- SSC CHSL General Intelligence Syllabus 2020 (Tier 1)
- How to attempt SSC CHSL Tier 1 General Intelligence Section?
- Click Here to Download SSC CHSL 2020 Syllabus PDF
- SSC CHSL Quantitative Aptitude Syllabus 2020 (Tier 1)
- How to attempt SSC CHSL Tier 1 Quantitative Aptitude Section?
- SSC CHSL General Awareness Syllabus 2020 (Tier 1)
- How to attempt SSC CHSL Tier 1 General Awareness Section?
- SSC CHSL Tier 2 Syllabus 2020
- SSC CHSL Tier 3 Syllabus 2020
- SSC CHSL Exam Pattern 2020
- How to Prepare for SSC CHSL without Coaching?
- SSC CHSL Best Preparation Books 2020
- SSC CHSL Preparation Tips 2020
- SSC CHSL Syllabus FAQs
SSC CHSL Syllabus 2020: Staff Selection Commission conducts the SSC CHSL Recruitment 2020 every year to fill various posts in different departments & organizations in the Government of India. Candidates appearing for Combined Higher Secondary Level exam must be aware of the SSC CHSL Subject Wise Syllabus 2020.
- The SSC CHSL Syllabus 2020 PDF is simple to understand and doesn’t cover any complicated or hard to understand topics.
- AS per the previous year exam analysis, the Difficulty level of the exam is of high school level.
- Final selection is done after clearing all 3 stages of the CHSL Recruitment including the Tier 1 online test, Tier 2 Offline descriptive test & Tier 3 Typing Test.
- Aspirants who have applied for various posts can start their preparation by downloading SSC CHSL Exam Syllabus 2020 PDF download from the official website.
- Candidates are advised to solve the SSC CHSL Previous Year Question Papers to get an idea about the type of questions asked in the exam and the difficulty level of the paper.
SSC CHSL Syllabus 2020 PDF
As per the SSC CHSL 2020 Recruitment, the first stage of the exam will be conducted from 17 to 21 August 2020 & 24 to 27 August 2020. Aspirants hoping to crack the Combined Higher Secondary Level exam should commence their preparation well in advance.
- Before going through the syllabus, candidates must be aware of the complete exam pattern of the SSC CHSL Exam 2020.
- With the right preparation, it is easy to score above the SSC CHSL Cut Off Marks and crack the exam in one go.
- Aspirants must note that the Tier 1 paper has not been divided into sections. Questions will be mixed and can be asked from any of the 4 Subjects randomly.
- As per the notification, the syllabus is the same as the SSC CHSL 2020 Syllabus.
- The SSC CHSL Best Preparation Tips will help in forming the right strategy and plan for preparation.
- Candidates can view or download the SSC CHSL Syllabus in Hindi PDF and start their preparation accordingly.
|Tier-1||Objective Multiple Choice||Online|
|Tier-2||Descriptive Paper||Pen and Paper Mode|
|Tier-3||Skill Test/Computer Proficiency Test||Wherever Applicable (Speed Typing Test)|
SSC CHSL Important Topics 2020
Here we have provided the subject-wise important topics based on the previous year analysis. Knowing the important topics will help candidates to focus more on those and score more marks in the exam. Students can go through the Memory Based Paper to prepare for the CHSL Exam. Go through the detailed SSC CHSL Syllabus 2020 mentioned in the below post.
|Reasoning||Quantitative Aptitude||English||General Awareness|
|Analogy & Classification||Algebra||Cloze Test Passage||Current Affairs|
|Series||Bar Graph||Direct Indirect||Static Awareness|
|Coding-Decoding||Trigonometry||Idioms and Phrases||History|
|Blood Relation||DI||Fill in the Blanks||Biology|
|Dice||Profit & Loss||Active Passive||Chemistry|
|Non-Verbal||Geometry||Spelling Correction (Misspelt)||Computer|
|Paper Folding Image||Tabular Graph||Antonyms||–|
SSC CHSL Tier 1 Syllabus 2020
The following table covers all topics in the SSC CHSL Syllabus 2020 PDF Download for the Tier 1 Exam. The SSC CHSL Tier 1 Syllabus includes four sections: Quantitative Aptitude, General Intelligence, English, and General Awareness.
SSC CHSL English Syllabus 2020 Tier 1
From the below table, know all the topics from which questions were asked in the exam and weightage of questions from the SSC CHSL English syllabus.
|Spot the Error||2-3|
|Fill in the Blanks||2-3|
|Idioms & Phrases||2-3|
|One word substitution||2-3|
|Improvement of Sentences||2-3|
How to attempt SSC CHSL Tier 1 English Section?
The SSC CHSL Tier 1 English section includes the questions from the topics mentioned above. Candidates must read English newspapers daily to score more marks in the exam.
- Note down the important vocabulary while reading a newspaper and revise them on a weekly basis.
- Try to use the note down words in a day to day life, which will enhance your vocabulary skills.
- You should be through with the grammar rules in order to solve the questions related to active/passive voice and sentence improvement.
- Improving your Vocabulary takes some time. Make sure to learn 1 new word every day.
SSC CHSL General Intelligence Syllabus 2020 (Tier 1)
General Intelligence questions are designed to test the logical reasoning capacity of a candidate. The questions are asked from the topics like the analogy, Venn diagrams, Non-verbal reasoning, etc. Check the table below to know the detailed CHSL Syllabus General Intelligence.
|Symbolic/Number Classification, Number Series||2-3|
|Punched hole/pattern-folding & unfolding||3-4|
|Non – Verbal Reasoning||3-4|
How to attempt SSC CHSL Tier 1 General Intelligence Section?
Candidates have to learn all the concepts, tricks, and formation of Venn diagrams to score the highest marks in this section. General Intelligence is one of the easiest topics in which students can score marks easily in this section.
- Learning simple tricks help to solve miscellaneous topics that consist of calendars and clocks.
- Arrangement questions consist of various types like the circular arrangement, square arrangement, etc. and it also includes topics like puzzles, blood relations, and more.
- Practising more number of questions and solving previous year papers would definitely enhance your performance in the exam
- Try to solve all the questions within the fixed time.
SSC CHSL Quantitative Aptitude Syllabus 2020 (Tier 1)
SSC CHSL Quantitative Aptitude section includes questions from topics like Arithmetic, number system, algebra, Mensuration, etc. Candidates have to focus more on CBSE class 10 maths syllabus to score more marks in the exam. Know the topics of SSC CHSL 2020 Syllabus for Quantitative Aptitude as given in the table below:
How to attempt SSC CHSL Tier 1 Quantitative Aptitude Section?
SSC CHSL Quantitative Aptitude section can be a bit challenging. However, following the tips mentioned below will help you score the highest marks in this section.
- Make a chart of all the formulas and paste it in your room. Keep going through the formulas whenever you get the time.
- Try to give more time to the topics that are tough.
- Before starting preparation, You must be through with all the basic concepts and formulas of all the topics.
- Try to solve as many previous year papers as possible. It helps you know the difficulty level of the paper, and the type of questions asked in the exam.
- Take up Mock Tests as you can on a daily basis.
SSC CHSL General Awareness Syllabus 2020 (Tier 1)
SSC CHSL General Awareness questions are designed to test the candidate’s knowledge about the current events. Go through the table below to know the detailed syllabus of SSC CHSL Tier 1 General Awareness. Along with the SSC CHSL Tier 1 Syllabus, we have also tabulated the number of questions asked from each topic. Go through the table and prepare accordingly.
|General Awareness Topics||Weightage (Questions)|
|Economics & Current Affairs||3-4|
How to attempt SSC CHSL Tier 1 General Awareness Section?
General awareness section covers topics like History to current events in the country and current affairs all across the country. The paper can also have questions from general science, geography, economics, and politics. To score good marks in this section, follow the tips mentioned below.
- First and foremost read the newspaper every day to know all th happenings around the world on a regular basis.
- Daily watch news at least for one hour and read both National & International Updates.
- Go through basic concepts of Science that include Physics, Chemistry, and Biology.
- Attempt as many mock tests as possible on a daily basis.
- Solve daily and monthly quizzes to know your preparation levels for the final exam.
SSC CHSL Tier 2 Syllabus 2020
In Tier 2 of the CHSL exam, candidates have to write a Descriptive Essay/Letter. Go through the important pointers for CHSL Syllabus Tier 2.
- The 2nd Tier tests the candidate’s writing skills & creative thinking.
- The mode of the exam is Written (Pen and Paper).
- The minimum qualifying marks in this Tier is 33%.
- The word limit for the essay will be around 200-250 words.
- Word Limit for the Letter would be approximately 150-200 words.
- This section is fairly simple. The candidate is expected to write on popular topics.
- The candidates can choose if they want to write in English or Hindi language.
Important Topics for Essay Writing
- Social Issues like Poverty, Education, Equality, Women Empowerment, Right to Information, Social Evils, Corruption, Terrorism/Kashmir Issue.
- Politics, Schemes & Governance, Indo-Pak Relations, Elections, Demonetization, Revolutions, and Agitations, Political deaths, GST, Appointments, Officeholders.
- Finance & Economy: Important Events in the Indian and the global economy, Demonetization, RBI Rates, GDP Rates, etc.
- Environmental Concerns: Pollution, Overpopulation, Ecology
- Sports: Recent victories, tournaments, matches, Wins, retirements
- Geopolitics: Chinese aggression in the Indian Ocean, Syrian Refugee Crisis, Rohingya refugees, World Leaders,
- Technology: Digital payments, E-Wallets and UPI, Social Networks, etc
Important topics for Letter Writing
- Complain letter regarding cleanliness in your locality
- An application to the editor on the views of Women Empowerment
- A complaint letter regarding teasing faced by some women by a group of boys in your society
- A letter to present views on the outcome of digitization on the youth of today
SSC CHSL Tier 3 Syllabus 2020
The Tier 3 Test of SSC CHSL 2020 is a Skill Test or Typing Test which is of qualifying nature. The Tier 3 test is conducted only for select posts.
- Only the students who have cleared Tier 1 and Tier 2 can appear for the Tier 3 exam.
- Candidates have to qualify the test at the required speed on Computers decided by the officials of Commission.
- Candidates receiving an offer after the final appointment will have their SSC CHSL Salary ranging between Rs 19,000 to Rs 31,000 i.e., the starting salary.
Data Entry Operator Typing Test (Tier 3)
- Candidates who have applied for the post of DEO (Data Entry Operator) have to undergo a typing test.
- Time Allotted for this test is 15 minutes.
- A passage will be given to the candidates.
- The candidates are expected to enter 8,000 (eight thousand) Key Depressions per hour on the Computer.
- The 15-minute test will judge with the Hour criteria in mind.
- Speed of 8000 key depressions per hour on computer’ will be adjudged on the basis of the correct entry of words/ key depressions
Data Entry Operator in the office of the C&G of India Typing Test (Tier 3)
- Time Allotted for this test is 15 minutes.
- A passage will be given to the candidates
- The candidates are expected to enter 15,000 (Fifteen thousand) Key Depressions per hour on the Computer.
- The 15-minute test will judge with the Hour criteria in mind.
- Speed of 15,000 key depressions per hour on computer’ will be adjudged on the basis of the correct entry of words/ key depressions.
SSC CHSL Exam Pattern 2020
It is important that you go through the complete SSC CHSL Exam Pattern as provided in the latest notification to understand the exam structure in a better way.
- The exam is conducted in 3 stages ( Tier 1, Tier 2, Tier 3). Tier 1 is an Objective/MCQ type paper and is conducted Online ( Computer Based)
- Tier 2:- Descriptive Subjective type paper. Conducted Offline.
- Tier 3 is a Computer Proficiency/Skill Test
SSC CHSL Tier 1 Exam Pattern
Tier I examination is the very first step of the CHSL recruitment process. 25 questions are asked from each section and each question carries +2 marks. There is a negative marking of 0.5 marks for each wrong answer. The duration of the exam is 60 Minutes.
|Subject||No. of Questions||Maximum Marks||Time|
|Reasoning Ability||25||50||60 minutes in total
(80 minutes for candidates eligible for scribes)
SSC CHSL Tier 2 Exam Pattern
The SSC CHSL Tier 2 exam will be a Descriptive Test and the exam paper consists of 2 questions; Letter/ Application and Essay Writing. All the candidates need to score a minimum of 33% to qualify for Tier-III/ Skill Test examination.
|Section||No. of Questions||Maximum Marks|
SSC CHSL Tier 3 Exam Pattern
Tier 3 exam this is the last phase of the examination process for SSC CHSL. In Tier III examination, candidates Typing and computer proficiency is tested.
- In typing test, candidates need to be proficient enough to type with a speed of 8000 key depressions per hour.
- For qualified candidates, the typing test will be conducted on computers provided by the Commission or its authorized agency.
|Typing Test||Typing Speed||Time|
|English Medium||35 words per minute (w.p.m.) correspond to about 10500 key depressions per hour||The speed will be adjudged on the accuracy of typing on the Computer of a given text passage in 10 minutes (Candidates eligible for scribe – 15 minutes)|
|Hindi Medium||30 words per minute (w.p.m.) correspond to about 9000 key depressions per hour|
How to Prepare for SSC CHSL without Coaching?
If you don’t wish to apply for any coaching but still want to clear the exam, we have a solution that doesn’t involve any paid coaching classes or lectures.
- Attempt FREE SSC CHSL Mock Tests which will help you with important questions and get you an idea about the paper.
- Read an English Newspaper every day, it will help in increasing your vocabulary and keep you in the loop of the current events of the country. As per the SSC CHSL 2020 Syllabus, most of the current affairs are asked from recent 6 months.
- Solve as many as SSC CHSL Previous year Papers to know the type of questions asked in the exam, the difficulty level of the paper, and marking scheme.
- Remember the exam is not tough so don’t let the pressure get to you. Study for a few hours every day and you will be able to clear the exam easily.
SSC CHSL Best Preparation Books 2020
For the convenience of all students planning to appear for this exam, we have assembled a list of best SSC CHSL Books that you can refer to.
- The list of preparation books mentioned below covers all sections of the SSC CHSL Exam Syllabus 2020.
- We have segregated our suggested books according to subjects. Candidates are free to choose from the variety of mentioned books to help in preparation.
Best SSC CHSL General Intelligence Preparation Books
The table below has some of the best General Intelligence Books that candidates can get their hands on.
|Verbal and Non-Verbal Reasoning||RS Aggarwal|
|Analytical Reasoning||M K Pandey|
|A New Approach to Reasoning Verbal and Nonverbal (English)||BS Sijwali, Indu Sijwali|
Best SSC CHSL Quantitative Aptitude Preparation Books
For Quant/Math section we suggest the following books to study from as per the latest SSC CHSL 2020 Syllabus.
|Quantitative Aptitude||R.S. Agarwal|
|Quicker Mathematics||M. Tyra|
|Elementary and Advanced Mathematics||Kiran Prakashan|
Best Preparation Books For SSC CHSL English Section
Check the table below to know the best books for the preparation of English
|Objective English for Competitive Examinations||Tata McGraw Hill|
|Competitive General English||Kiran Prakashan|
|Objective General English||SP Bakshi|
|Quick Learning Objective General English||RS Aggarwal & Vikas Aggarwal|
SSC CHSL General Awareness Best Preparation Books
The candidates can consider the following preparation books for General Awareness as per the latest CHSL Syllabus 2020
|Manorama Yearbook 2019 (English and Hindi)||Malayalam Manorama|
|Lucent’s General Knowledge (English and Hindi)||Lucent’s|
SSC CHSL Preparation Tips 2020
The Tier 1 Exam is just about to commence. The preparation tips will help in guiding you and will get you ready for any hurdle that you might face.
- Before starting the preparation, candidates must go through the SSC CHSL syllabus pdf. This will help get an idea about the important topics as an exam point of view.
- The high scoring topics in the Reasoning section are- puzzles, figure-based questions, analogy, coding-decoding, series. Make sure to get a good understanding of these topics so you can attempt most questions asked from them.
- It is important to know about awards, head of states, neighbouring countries, books & authors.
- Solve as many Mock Tests and previous year question papers as possible every day.
- Allot at least 2 hours to practice Quantitative Aptitude as it is considered to be the most challenging section of the paper.
- Go through all important Formulas every day so you can memorize it by heart.
- While preparing for the GK section, make sure you give time to both Static G.K and current affairs.
- Candidates are advised to solve General Awareness Quiz on a daily basis and doing this will help increase your confidence levels.
- Topics like Simplification, age problems, interest, percentages, ratio, and proportion are high scoring in this section. Make sure to master these topics.
- Reading the newspaper regularly will help your General Awareness, Grammar & Vocabulary.
- For the English Section, practice Synonyms, antonyms & vocabulary words and you can easily conquer this section.
SSC CHSL Syllabus FAQs
Q) Who prescribes the SSC CHSL Exam Syllabus?
The Staff Selection Commission prescribes the syllabus for SSC CHSL. Candidates can download the CHSL Syllabus PDF from the official website and start their preparation well in advance to score good marks in the exam.
Q) How many sections are there in Paper 1 of SSC CHSL 2020 Syllabus?
A total of 4 sections are there in paper 1 of CHSL Syllabus: English Language, Reasoning Ability, General Knowledge & Science, and Numerical Ability. There are 25 questions asked from each section of the exam, which carry 1 mark each. Candidates have to complete the exam in a time duration of 60 Minutes (1 Hour).
Q) How can I better for SSC CHSL Exam?
Following the expert tips will definitely help you to prepare better for the SSC CHSL Exam 2020. Begin your preparation by studying from the right the SSC CHSL Books which covers all the concepts and topics according to the latest exam pattern and CHSL syllabus 2020. One of the best methods to score more marks in the exam is to practice as many previous year question papers as possible.
While preparing for the GK section, make sure you give time to both Static G.K and current affairs. Concentrate more on topics like Simplification, age problems, interest, percentages, ratio, and proportion while preparing the Quantitative aptitude section.
Q) What are the important topics under the Maths section of the SSC 10+2 Syllabus 2020?
The important topics under the Maths section for the SSC CHSL exam include Percentage, Average, Time and Work, Interest, Speed, Time and Distance, Number System, Ratio and proportion, Profit and Loss, Algebra, Trigonometry, Mensuration, Geometry, Data Interpretation.
Q) Is the SSC CHSL exam tough?
No, on the basis of SSC CHSL Exam Analysis the level of the exam was Moderate Level. In which the Reasoning section of the exam was Easy comparatively from the other section of the SSC CHSL Paper 1.
Q) What the best books for the preparation of the CHSL Syllabus of General Awareness section?
The best books for the preparation of SSC CHSL General Awareness section as follows:
- Manorama Yearbook 2019 (English and Hindi) by Malayalam Manorama
- Lucent’s General Knowledge (English and Hindi) by Lucent’s
Q) In how many stages is the SSC CHSL exam held?
The Staff Selection Commission conducts the SSC CHSL Recruitment 2020 every year to hire for various administrative positions in the government. The SSC CHSL Exam is conducted in three stages:
- Tier-1 Exam (Multiple Choice Questions)
- Tier-2 Exam (Descriptive Paper)
- Tier-3 Exam (Skill Test & Typing Test)
Only Candidates who qualify in all these exams will be selected for the final selection process.
Q) In which language are questions asked in the SSC CHSL exam?
As per the notification, the questions in the CHSL Exam are asked both in Hindi and English language. Candidates can attempt the questions in either of the languages.
Q) Why is knowing the SSC Combined 10 2 Level Exam Syllabus important?
As per the experts, knowing the SSC IDC Syllabus will help candidates to get an idea about the important topics that need to be prepared for the upcoming exam. CHSL Tiet 1 holds the maximum weightage in the team. Hence, being aware of the CHSL Syllabus 2020 will help score good marks in the exam.
Q) Does SSC CHSL Syllabus change every year?
No. As per the previous year’s analysis, the SSC CHSL 2020 syllabus remains the same every year. Candidates can download the SSC Syllabus 10 2 PDF from the official website and start their preparation accordingly.
Q) What is the SSC CHSL English Syllabus for Tier 1 Exam?
The SSC CHSL Exam Syllabus of English includes topics like spot the error, fill in the blanks, synonyms, antonyms, spelling error, idioms&phrases, one-word substitution, improvement of sentences, para jumbled, cloze passage, etc.
Q) What are the important topics that need to be prepared under the SSC CHSL General Intelligence Syllabus?
The important topics that need to be prepared under the SSC CHSL General Intelligence Syllabus include analogy, Venn diagrams, number series, Figural Classification, Punched hole/pattern-folding & unfolding, Missing Number, Non-verbal reasoning, etc.
Share your thoughts/queries here!