SSC CHSL Reasoning Tips
This Combined Higher Secondary Level Exam is held for recruiting Lower Division Clerks (LDC), Data Entry Operators, Postal/Sorting Assistant, Court Clerk, etc. That is why we have compiled a list of SSC CHSL Reasoning Tips for the candidates who have applied for the SSC CHSL 2020.
SSC CHSL Reasoning Tips 2020
- Candidates take SSC CHSL Mock Tests to enhance your preparation and check the self accuracy too.
- The Tier 1 exam consists of four sections – out of which Reasoning is probably the most time-consuming section.
- Take a reference of SSC CHSL Previous Year Question paper to know the difficulty level of the exam from the
SSC CHSL Tier 1 Exam Pattern 2020
- All the questions are of objective nature.
- Candidates have to give a penalty of 0.5 marks for each wrong attempt.
- Furthermore, there is no sectional cut off.
|Subject||No. of Questions||Maximum Marks||Time|
|Reasoning Ability||25||50||75 minutes in total|
SSC CHSL Reasoning Tips
- Make a study plan – Follow the study plan religiously. This will help you prepare in an organized manner and thus, in an efficient manner.
- No assumptions – Do not make any assumptions before you read the question. Read the question carefully and use only the data given to solve the problem.
- Solve by elimination – If you can’t solve a problem, try to eliminate the impossible options using the data given.
- Do not guess – Since there is negative marking, you should not guess any answer. However, you can make a calculated and educated guess if absolutely necessary.
- Improve your imagination skills – You should try seeing objects in 3D from your mind’s eye. This will help you in solving dice and paper folding questions.
- Take Mock Tests – You should take one mock test daily to keep improving gradually. You should also analyze your performance. Make a note of the questions you didn’t attempt, attempted incorrectly, and spent most of your time on. And focus more on these topics to improve your score.
- Learn tricks and shortcuts – You can try learning and implementing shortcuts to solve problems. This will help you save a lot of time which is crucial in the SSC CHSL exam.
Questions Asked for Reasoning Section
Candidates can go through the below-listed question to get an idea of the level of the Reasoning Section-
Q. Which letter-pair will replace the question mark (?) in the following series?
FJ, HL, ?, LP, NR
(a) IN (b) GM
(c) JM (d) JN
Q. Select the option that is related to the third letter pair in the same way as the second letter-pair is related to the first letter-pair.
DJ:HT: : HM:?
(a) LW (b) JK
(c) LP (d) PY
Q. Select the number-pair in which the two numbers are related in the same way as are the two numbers of the following number-pair.
(a) 23, 25 (b) 15, 17
(c) 11, 13 (d) 20, 21
Q. Three statements are given, followed by three conclusions numbered I, II and III. Assuming the statements to be true, even if they seem to be at variance with commonly known facts, decide which of the conclusions logically follow(s) from the statements.
All hens are eggs.
All birds are eggs.
All eggs are lions.
I. All hens are lions.
II. Some lions are eggs.
III. All birds are lions.
(a) All the conclusions follow.
(b) Only conclusion I follow.
(c) Only conclusions I and II follow.
(d) Only conclusions II and III follow.
Q. Three of the following four words are alike in a certain way and one is different. Pick the odd word out.
Share your thoughts/queries here!