SSC CHSL Quantitative Aptitude Tips by Toppers
Enhance your preparation for the upcoming SSC CHSL Exam 2020 by going through expert preparation tips. Quant is one of the important sections of the exam. Check out SSC CHSL Quantitative Aptitude Tips and know syllabus along with weightage.
SSC CHSL Quantitative Aptitude Tips
The SSC CHSL Tier 1 Exam is scheduled in August 2020. As there is an ample amount off time, go through SSC CHSL Maths Preparation Tips by experts to score more marks in the Quant section. Here are a few important SSC CHSL Quant Tricks and Tips that can help in cracking the exam easily.
- Find the easiest 15 questions in QA question and solve them with 100% accuracy.
- Make sure the maximum time devoted to each question is 45 seconds.
- Solve as many questions as possible in this section since there is no sectional cut off.
- Attempt at least 22-23 questions in this section to get 18-20 questions correct. This will be around 90% accuracy for the section.
- Focus more on calculations to avoid silly mistakes.
SSC CHSL Maths Weightage 2020
Maths is one of the important sections in the SSC CHSL Exam which can fetch more marks. With proper preparation, it is definitely possible to crack any questions asked in the Quant section. Check out the SSC CHSL Exam Analysis to know the weightage of each topic in all subjects. Have a look at the weightage of marks in each topic below
|Percentage/ Profit, Loss & Discount||7 marks|
|Ratio/ Allegation/ Average||3 marks|
|Time & Work||3 marks|
|Data Interpretation||7 marks|
|Simple & Compound Interest||2 marks|
|Time, Speed & Distance||3 marks|
|Coordinate Geometry||2 marks|
|Number System||4 marks|
SSC CHSL Quantitative Aptitude Tips- Tips by Toppers
- Simple Interest/Compound Interest
- Problems on Ages
- Ratio & Proportions
- Profit and Loss
- Time Speed and Distance
- Quadratic Equations
- Mixture and allegations
- Time and Work
- Number Series
- Another set of Data Interpretation
SSC CHSL Topic-Wise Preparation Tips & Tricks
Have a look at the below topic-wise SSC CHSL Quantitative Aptitude Tricks and how to answer them. After going through these tips, solve SSC CHSL Previous Year Papers to know the difficulty level of the exam and know which type of questions are asked.
- Time, Work & Wages: This topic has basic level questions whereas the type of questions or their level might vary in different shifts of the exam. It is advised to practice basic questions asked from this topic for SSC CHSL Maths Preparation.
- Percentages: This topic has both an easy and difficult level of questions. In-depth knowledge of this topic will help one score better in SSC CHSL Tier 1 Exam.
- Profit, Loss & Discount: Direct formulae based questions are asked from this topic in the exam. All candidates preparing for the QA section must memorize all the formulae and shortcuts to solve questions based on Profit and Loss quickly.
- Simple Interest/Compound Interest: This topic has calculative questions which aren’t difficult. Accuracy is the key during SSC CHSL Maths Preparation for this topic.
- Geometry: The most asked topic from Geometry is triangles and circles. Do cover all the other topics as well.
- Time, Speed & Distance: The level of questions is average. Keeping concepts clear for this topic is very important. Avoid calculation mistakes.
- Ratio & Proportion: Basic concepts must be revised as a part of SSC CHSL QA Preparation. Proper revision of methods used in the calculation of Ratios and Proportions will help you solve the questions with the least mistakes.
- Algebra: It has questions on Algebraic Identities, Factorization & Simplification of Polynomials and Simplification of Fractions.
- Simplification: Questions are based on inequality. Regular practice is required to get hands-on on this topic.
- Coordinate Geometry: Questions are based on basic concepts like reflection point, mirror image, equation of the line, area between given lines, slope, shortest distance, collinear, etc. It is the easiest topic of all if concepts are clear.
- Average: Questions based on run and wickets come mostly from this topic in the exam.
SSC CHSL Exam Pattern 2020
Let us take a look at the SSC CHSL Exam Pattern to know the number of questions asked, marking scheme, and time duration.
SSC CHSL Tier 1
The Tier-I paper will be an objective test. Candidates will get 65 minutes for solving 100 questions.
|Subject||Questions||Maximum Marks||Total Duration|
|General Intelligence||25||50||60 Minutes.|
|English Language (Basic)||25||50|
|Quantitative Aptitude (Basic Arithmetic Skill)||25||50|
These 100 questions mentioned in the above table will be based on the topics which are mentioned in the Syllabus.
SSC CHSL Tier 2
Tier 2 will be a Descriptive Paper (1 Essay & 1 Letter)-
|Sections||No. of Questions||Maximum Marks|
Note: 33% is the minimum qualifying marks. The marks will be calculated in preparing the final list of qualified students.
SSC CHSL Tier 3-
This will be a Skill Test/Typing Test.
Share your thoughts/queries here!