SSC CHSL Preparation Tips – Strategies To Crack SSC CHSL
- SSC CHSL Preparation Tips 2020
- SSC CHSL Preparation: Importance of Mock Tests
- SSC CHSL Preparation For General Awareness
- SSC CHSL Preparation for Reasoning
- SSC CHSL Maths Preparation
- SSC CHSL Preparation for English
Staff Selection Commission has commenced the SSC CHSL Recruitment 2020 from 3rd December 2019. This article will help all aspirants with the best preparation books, tips & strategies to clear the Combined Higher Secondary Level (CHSL) Exam. Go through the SSC CHSL Preparation Tips to know more clear all 3 stages of the exam in one go. With the help of CHSL Exam, SSC recruits fresh candidates who have cleared their 12th standard. As this recruitment is focussed on hiring aspirants who have just finished their school, the exam is easy compared to other SSC Recruitments.
SSC CHSL Preparation tips, with the help of appropriate study material & mock tests, ensure that an aspirant will make it through & land this government job.
- Interested candidates can apply for the CHSL 2020 Recruitment till 10th January 2020 through the official SSC website.
- SSC CHSL Syllabus covers General Intelligence, Quantitative aptitude, English Language & General Awareness.
- The Prelims exam will be conducted from 16th to 27th March 2020. Start your preparation in advance with the help of suggested books given below.
SSC CHSL Preparation Tips 2020
Preparation for the CHSL exam for all 3 stages should be done from the start. As there is a very limited time period between 1 stage and the next, prepare for all three tiers of the exam. Please note these important points and prepare accordingly.
- Students need to clear all 3 stages of the selection process to receive the appointment letter.
- Tier 1 is an Objective paper. It has 4 Major subjects: GK, Reasoning, Maths, and English. The Tier 1 paper is not divided into sections. Questions asked in all 4 sections are in a mixed format.
- Tier 2 is a descriptive paper. Candidates are asked to write Essay/Letter. The second stage is designed to check the writing capabilities of the students.
- Tier 3 is a typing/speed test which is applicable for select posts only.
SSC CSHL Exam Pattern for Tier 1
Tier 1 exam is an objective test which will be conducted online.Exam pattern for Stage 1 of the CHSL Exam has been mentioned below-
|Subject||Total Marks||Total Time Duration|
(For VH/OH afflicted
Important Topics for General Intelligence & Reasoning
We will help you with the important topics that you need to go through to crack Tier 1-
|Puzzles||Figure Based Questions||Analogy||Coding-Decoding||Series|
*Practice these topics thoroughly as they are the most scoring.
|Image Assembling||Figure Counting|
* Figure Counting & Image Assembling are Time consuming. If you prepare for them beforehand then you will be able to finish them before time.
Important Topics for General Awareness
Following are the important topics in the general awareness section –
|Static GK||Current Affairs ( India +World)||Books & Authors||Geography ( India +World)||History|
*If you read the Newspaper regularly, keep tabs of the current affairs and have a good grip on History then you can ace this section.
Important Topics for SSC CHSL Quantitative Aptitude Section
Practice is the key to success in this section. Go through the following topics thoroughly.
|Percentage||Profit & Loss||Speed, Distance & Time||Simplification, Age Problems||Ratio & Proportion|
Important SSC CHSL English Topics
Important topics for English section are-
Syllabus for SSC CSHL Tier 2
The Tier 2 exam is a descriptive one. It is a written, pen and paper mode, exam in which the candidate’s writing capabilities and skills will be checked:
- The exam lasts for 1 hour.
- Candidates have to write an Essay and Letter on a popular topic.
- The word limit for the essay is 200-250 words & for the letter, it is 150-200 words.
- Candidates have the choice to pick either English Or Hindi for this section.
SSC CHSL Preparation: Importance of Mock Tests
The candidates should attempt SSC CHSL Mock Tests every day to get familiar with the paper pattern and understand the importance of time management. Aspiring students can go through CHSL Preparation tips without coaching to ace the exam without any coaching.
Candidates who are planning to appear for the SSC CHSL paper should read the following reasons to take SSC CHSL Mock Tests:
- Mock Tests are like one’s own personal teacher, they help in improving knowledge and accuracy.
- The students can evaluate their own performance by giving regular mock tests & evaluate their improvement.
- Points out the weak areas and performance improvement sections.
- It is advisable to attempt at least 2-3 Mock Tests every day.
SSC CHSL Preparation For General Awareness
General Awareness can be a bit tricky as the scope for this section is huge. It can cover from History to current events in the country and current affairs all across the country. The paper can also have questions from general science, geography, economics and politics. This can get a bit scary but there is no need to worry, we have a solution.
- If a section seems too big then break it down into Steps!
- First and foremost read the newspaper every day. It gives every bit of Current information all across the globe.
- It is also recommended to watch the summary of the news for at least 1 hour each day.
- Read both National & International Updates.
- Practice with SSC CHSL Mock Tests every day.
- Go through basic concepts of Science (Physics, Chemistry, and Biology).
- A monthly magazine subscription for GK and Politics will be very helpful.
- Try to take out at least 2-3 hours in a day for this section.
SSC CHSL Best Books for General Awareness
- Manorama Yearbook 2019 (English & Hindi Separate books)
- Lucent`s General Knowledge ( English & Hindi Separate books)
SSC CHSL Preparation for Reasoning
The candidates can easily prepare for SSC CHSL Reasoning section. The following strategies will help in acing the Reasoning section. The table denotes how many questions are asked from each topic.
|Topics||Number of Questions|
|Seating Arrangement (Linear Or Circular)||4-5|
Please note the above table shows the question segregation from previous year exam analysis, however, this is not a hard set rule and the number of questions asked from each section can vary.
- Strengthen your Reasoning by practising puzzles, coding-decoding as they are high scoring topics.
- Try SSC CHSL Mock Tests every day to familiarize yourself with the pattern of the paper & to answer all questions within the limited allotted time.
- Try covering at least 4 topics from the reasoning section every day. Refer to the study material mentioned below to understand the core concepts of the logical reasoning section.
- Practice with SSC CHSL Free Quiz to know more about
- . It will help in improving your logical reasoning skills.
- Students should cover at least 4 topics from the reasoning section every day.
- When starting your preparation for the day, revise the topics you covered on the previous day.
Preparation Books for General Intelligence
- Analytical Reasoning by MK Pandey
- Verbal and Non Verbal Reasoning by RS Aggarwal
- New Approach to Reasoning Verbal, Non-Verbal and Analytical by BS Sijwali and Indu Sijwali.
SSC CHSL Maths Preparation
The preparation of Maths is not a tough task. In case the candidate allocates 3-4 hours per day to Maths, they can effortlessly crack the Maths section of SSC CHSL with high marks. The table shows the number of questions asked from each topic in the math section.
|Topics||Number of Questions|
|Volume & Surface area||2-4|
- Follow these tips for the preparation of the Math section-
- This difficulty level of the Math section is till 10th grade but certain questions can be tricky.
- Math section can be a bit challenging, make sure to practice it every day.
- Practice is the key here. Try as many Mock Tests as you can on a daily basis.
- Make a chart of all the formulas and paste it in your room. Keep going through the formulas whenever you get the time.
- Do not miss out on any topic.
- Try to give more time to the topics that are tough.
- If it gets frustrating, take a short break and then resume after 5-10 minutes.
Preparation Books for Mathematics
- Quicker Maths by M Tyra (Great for short tricks)
- Quantitative aptitude by RS Aggarwal
SSC CHSL Preparation for English
The SSC CHSL English Preparation can be very easy if the given steps are followed. A breakdown of the number of questions asked in various topics
|Topics||Number of Questions|
|Fill in the blanks||3-4|
|Spotting the Error||4-5|
|Idioms and Phrases||2-4|
The first point of focus should be to Grammar. It is a very essential part of the paper.Take a look at the following Strategies for the best result.
- The English section is generic and with the right preparation, it can be very easy to complete.
- Reading an English newspaper every day will help in understanding grammar, improve vocabulary and improve General Knowledge.
- Improving your Vocabulary takes some time. Make sure to learn 1 new word every day.
- Go through the complete guide for SSC CHSL English Preparation.
Preparation Books for English
- Word Power Made Easy by Norman Lewis
- Objective English by SP Bakshi
- Word Idioms & Phrases by Arihant
Share your thoughts/queries here!