SSC CHSL Preparation Tips 2020 – Strategies To Crack SSC CHSL
As per the SSC CHSL Recruitment 2020 , the Staff Selection Commission is going to conduct the Tier 2 Exam soon. Hence,it is high time that the candidates should gear up your preparation with some quality SSC CHSL Preparation Tips and strategies. This article will help all aspirants with the best preparation books, tips & strategies to clear the Combined Higher Secondary Level (CHSL) Exam.
SSC CHSL Preparation Tips 2020
Go through the SSC CHSL Preparation Tips to know more clear all 3 stages of the exam in one go. With the help of the CHSL Exam, SSC recruits fresh candidates who have cleared their 12th standard. Preparation Tips for SSC CHSL, with the help of appropriate study material & mock tests, ensure that an aspirant will make it through & land this government job.
- Interested candidates can apply for the CHSL 2020 Recruitment till 10th January 2020 through the official SSC website.
- SSC CHSL Syllabus covers General Intelligence, Quantitative aptitude, English Language & General Awareness.
- The Prelims exam will be conducted from 16th to 27th March 2020. Start your preparation in advance with the help of the suggested books given below.
Overall SSC CHSL 2020 Preparation Tips
As the SSC CHSL Syllabus is vast and the competition is very high, the candidates are required to prepare effectively with correct sources and correct SSC CHSL Preparation Tips. Go through the points given below to know all the important tips and strategies that you need to follow for all the sections of the syllabus-
- Strictly follow the syllabus:-As per the SSC CHSL Exam pattern and recent years’ analysis, the candidates should strictly prepare as per the SSC CHSL Syllabus because the question paper will be completely based on the topics given in the syllabus and nothing out of the syllabus will come in the exam paper
- Short Term & Long Term Study Plans:-It is important that the candidates should prepare both short term and long term plans and strictly follow it consistently until the exam is over
- Use Stopwatch to track time:-Use stopwatch to check whether you are finishing the topics on time
- Consistent Revision:-It is evident that the candidates should have made multiple revisions before every tier of the exam. It is important that the candidates should do weekly revisions consistently throughout the preparation
- Solve SSC CHSL Previous year Question Papers:-Students should solve the SSC CHSL previous year question papers from at least last 5 years as it will provide you with the basic idea on what to expect and what not from the upcoming exam
- SSC CHSL Mock Test Series:-Students should solve mock tests in a real exam-like environment that will help the candidates increase their efficiency and speed on the day of the exam. Moreover, it will help the candidates to analyze their mistakes and work on their weaknesses
- Note-Making: Try to make concise notes of whatever topics you complete because concise and crisp notes will make your revision faster and easier before the exam. Add diagrams, images,one pager notes, graphs to make your topics more retainable in your memory
- Memory Tricks and Techniques:-Use memory Techniques for memorizing General Awareness topics like Wildlife sanctuary names per state,north-flowing rivers, mountain names from geography portion, etc.
- Study Materials:-Please keep your study materials as less as possible. It is better to prepare and revise from one book on a topic than reading and not revising a number of books on the same topic.
- Newspaper Reading:-Ready newspaper and going through the editorials will keep you updated with the current events of national importance(general awareness section) and also help with with the reading comprehension portion in the English Section
SSC CHSL 2020 Preparation Tips (Section-wise)
Go through for the section-wise SSC CHSL 2020 Preparation Tips from below-
SSC CHSL Preparation Tips For General Awareness
General Awareness can be a bit tricky as the scope for this section is huge. It can cover from History to current events in the country and current affairs all across the country. The paper can also have questions from general science, geography, economics, and politics. This can get a bit scary but there is no need to worry, we have a solution.
- If a section seems too big then break it down into Steps!
- First and foremost read the newspaper every day. It gives every bit of Current information all across the globe.
- It is also recommended to watch a summary of the news for at least 1 hour each day.
- Read both National & International Updates.
- Practice with SSC CHSL Mock Tests every day.
- Go through basic concepts of Science (Physics, Chemistry, and Biology).
- A monthly magazine subscription for GK and Politics will be very helpful.
- Try to take out at least 2-3 hours a day for this section.
SSC CHSL Best Books for General Awareness
Check the names of the books for the General Awareness section from the table below-
|Books for General Awareness Section|
|Manorama Yearbook 2019 (English & Hindi Separate books)|
|Lucent`s General Knowledge ( English & Hindi Separate books)|
SSC CHSL Preparation Tips for Reasoning
The candidates can easily prepare for the SSC CHSL Reasoning section. The following strategies will help in acing the Reasoning section. The table denotes how many questions are asked from each topic.
|Topics||Number of Questions|
|Seating Arrangement (Linear Or Circular)||4-5|
Please note the above table shows the question segregation from previous year exam analysis, however, this is not a hard set rule and the number of questions asked from each section can vary.
- Strengthen your Reasoning by practicing puzzles, coding-decoding as they are high scoring topics.
- Try SSC CHSL Mock Tests every day to familiarize yourself with the pattern of the paper & to answer all questions within the limited allotted time.
- Try covering at least 4 topics from the reasoning section every day. Refer to the study material mentioned below to understand the core concepts of the logical reasoning section.
- Practice with SSC CHSL Free Quiz to know more about
- .It will help in improving your logical reasoning skills.
- Students should cover at least 4 topics from the reasoning section every day.
- When starting your preparation for the day, revise the topics you covered on the previous day.
SSC CHSL Preparation Books for General Intelligence
Check the names of the books for the General Intelligence section from the table below-
|Books for General Intelligence Section|
|Analytical Reasoning by MK Pandey|
|Verbal and Non Verbal Reasoning by RS Aggarwal|
|New Approach to Reasoning Verbal, Non-Verbal and Analytical by BS Sijwali and Indu Sijwali|
SSC CHSL Preparation Tips for Mathematics
The preparation of Maths is not a tough task. In case the candidate allocates 3-4 hours per day to Maths, they can effortlessly crack the Maths section of SSC CHSL with high marks. The table shows the number of questions asked from each topic in the math section.
|Topics||Number of Questions|
|Volume & Surface area||2-4|
Follow these tips for the preparation tips of the Math section-
- Figure Counting & Image Assembling are Time consuming. If you prepare for them beforehand then you will be able to finish them before time.
- This difficulty level of the Math section is till 10th grade but certain questions can be tricky.
- Math section can be a bit challenging, make sure to practice it every day.
- The practice is the key here. Try as many Mock Tests as you can on a daily basis.
- Make a chart of all the formulas and paste it in your room. Keep going through the formulas whenever you get the time.
- Do not miss out on any topic.
- Try to give more time to the topics that are tough.
- If it gets frustrating, take a short break and then resume after 5-10 minutes.
SSC CHSL Preparation Books for Mathematics
Check the names of the books for the Mathematics section from the table below-
|Books for Mathematics Section|
|Quicker Maths by M Tyra (Great for short tricks)|
|Quantitative aptitude by RS Aggarwal|
SSC CHSL Preparation Tips for English
The SSC CHSL English Preparation Tips can be very easy if the given steps are followed. A breakdown of the number of questions asked in various topics
|Topics||Number of Questions|
|Fill in the blanks||3-4|
|Spotting the Error||4-5|
|Idioms and Phrases||2-4|
The English section is generic and with the right preparation, it can be very easy to complete.The first point of focus should be to Grammar. It is a very essential part of the paper. Take a look at the following Strategies for the best result.
- Reading an English newspaper every day will help in understanding grammar, improve vocabulary and improve General Knowledge.
- Improving your Vocabulary takes some time. Make sure to learn 1 new word every day.
Preparation Books for English
Check the names of the books for the English section from the table below-
|Books for General English Section|
|Word Power Made Easy by Norman Lewis|
|Objective English by SP Bakshi|
|Word Idioms & Phrases by Arihant|
SSC CHSL Exam Pattern 2020
Students need to clear all 3 stages of the selection process to receive the appointment letter. Tier 1 is an Objective paper. It has 4 Major subjects: GK, Reasoning, Maths, and English. The Tier 1 paper is not divided into sections. Questions asked in all 4 sections are in a mixed format. Tier 2 is a descriptive paper. Candidates are asked to write Essay/Letter. The second stage is designed to check the writing capabilities of the students. Tier 3 is a typing/speed test which is applicable for select posts only. It is important for the candidates to go through SSC CHSL Exam Pattern 2020 for all the stages.
Important Topics for SSC CHSL Exam Preparation 2020
Students should prepare all the important topics from each section of the syllabus to maximize their chances of selection with high scores.Go through the important topics for each of the sections from below-
Important Topics for General Intelligence & Reasoning
Practice these topics thoroughly as they are the most scoring-
|Figure Based Questions|
Important Topics for General Awareness
Following are the important topics in the general awareness section –
|Current Affairs ( India +World)|
|Books & Authors|
|Geography ( India +World)|
Important Topics for SSC CHSL Quantitative Aptitude Section
The practice is the key to success in this section. Go through the following topics thoroughly-
|Ratio & Proportion|
|Simplification, Age Problems|
|Speed, Distance & Time|
|Profit & Loss|
Important topics for English section are-Important SSC CHSL English Topics
SSC CHSL Importance of Mock Test
The candidates should attempt SSC CHSL Mock Tests every day to get familiar with the paper pattern and understand the importance of time management. Aspiring students can go through SSC CHSL Preparation tips without coaching to ace the exam without any coaching. Candidates who are planning to appear for the SSC CHSL Paper 2020 should read the following reasons to take SSC CHSL Mock Tests:
- Mock Tests are like one’s own personal teacher, they help in improving knowledge and accuracy.
- The students can evaluate their own performance by giving regular mock tests & evaluate their improvement.
- Points out the weak areas and performance improvement sections.
- It is advisable to attempt at least 2-3 Mock Tests every day.
How to Crack SSC CHSL Exam?
Follow the below-mentioned general SSC CHSL tips and tricks to crack the exam easily in the first attempt.
- First, understand the complete syllabus and exam pattern of the CHSL exam in and out.
- After knowing the syllabus, collect the required study materials from a proper source including books from online.
- A timetable should be laid down and every subject should be covered daily.
- Then start your preparation with easy topics and then proceed to difficult topics.
- Speed is an important factor in the exam. Try to solve questions faster and with accuracy.
- Take up mock tests regularly and this will help candidates improve their speed and manage time in the exam.
- Solving previous year papers and sample papers will help aspirants to do well in the exams and also work on their weaker subjects.
- Make sure to finish the sample papers on time and after completion of solving, check all your answers, and allot marks yourself for each question.
- Note down where you go wrong and how to correct the mistakes.
- Along with solving papers, you should make sure to be updated with the Daily current affairs as it will to stay updated with all the happenings around the world.
Share your thoughts/queries here!