SSC CHSL Preparation Tips | Strategies To Crack SSC CHSL
- SSC CHSL Preparation Tips Highlights
- SSC CHSL Preparation: Selection Process 2019
- SSC CHSL Syllabus & Preparation Details
- SSC CHSL Preparation: Importance of Mock Tests
- SSC CHSL Preparation For General Awareness
- SSC CHSL Preparation: Reasoning
- SSC CHSL Maths Preparation
- SSC CHSL Preparation for English
SSC CHSL Preparation Tips 2019 | The SSC CHSL Exam is starting from 1st July 2019. This article will cover the important preparation tips. All candidates appearing for this exam this time around should make note of these points. Go through the article to make the best strategy for cracking the SSC CHSL exam.
- The SSC CHSL Admit Card 2019 has been released by Staff Selection Commission.
- Any applicant who has not received their admit card notification can check their Application Status.
- Make sure to go through the SSC CHSL Syllabus to know about all topics that can be asked in the paper.
SSC CHSL Preparation Tips Highlights
The candidates can easily crack the SSC CHSL exam with the use of right strategy and tips. The following are some important aspect of SSC CHSL exam all candidates must check:
- Students who have passed their 12th standard from a recognized government university are eligible for this exam.
- There are a total of 3 stages in the exam (Tier 1, Tier 2, Tier 3).
- Students need to clear all 3 stages of the selection process to receive the appointment letter.
- SSC CHSL Tier 1 is an Objective paper. It has 4 Major subjects: GK, Reasoning, Maths, and English.
- The Tier 1 paper is not divided into sections. Questions asked in all 4 sections are in a mixed format.
- SSC CHSL Tier 2 is a descriptive paper. Candidates are asked to write Essay/Letter.
- The second stage is designed to check the writing capabilities of the students.
- SSC CHSL Tier 3 is a typing/speed test.
SSC CHSL Preparation: Selection Process 2019
The candidates must be aware of the SSC CHSL Selection Process before they prepare the exam. The following is the selection process of SSC CHSL exam:
- Tier 1 exam (4 sections)
- Tier 2 exam (Descriptive Exam)
- Tier 3 exam (Typing/Speed test)
Candidates must clear all the stages of the exam in order to get recruited.
SSC CHSL Syllabus & Preparation Details
SSC CSHL Syllabus for Tier 1
- The exam will be conducted online.
- The paper is going to be Objective (MCQ’s)
|Subject||Max Marks||Total Timing|
(For VH/OH afflicted
Important Topics for General Intelligence & Reasoning Tier 1 Test
We will help you with the important topics that you need to go through to crack Tier 1-
|Puzzles||Figure Based Questions||Analogy||Coding-Decoding||Series|
*Practice these topics thoroughly as they are the most scoring.
|Image Assembling||Figure Counting|
* Figure Counting & Image Assembling are Time consuming. If you prepare for them beforehand then you will be able to finish them before time.
Important Topics for General Awareness Tier 1
|Static GK||Current Affairs ( India +World)||Books & Authors||Geography ( India +World)||History|
*If you read the Newspaper regularly, keep tabs of the current affairs and have a good grip on History then you can ace this section.
Important Topics for Quantitative Aptitude
Practice is the key to success in this section. Go through the following topics thoroughly.
|Percentage||Profit & Loss||Speed, Distance & Time||Simplification, Age Problems||Ratio & Proportion|
Important Topics for English Section
Important topics for English section are-
Syllabus for SSC CSHL Tier 2
The Tier 2 exam is a descriptive one. It is a written, pen and paper mode, exam in which the candidate’s writing capabilities and skills will be checked:
- The exam lasts for 1 hour.
- Candidates have to write an Essay and Letter on a popular topic.
- The word limit for the essay is 200-250 words & for the letter it is 150-200 words.
- Candidates have the choice to pick either English Or Hindi for this section.
SSC CHSL Preparation: Importance of Mock Tests
The candidates should attempt SSC CHSL Mock Tests every day to get familiar with the paper pattern and understand the importance of time management. Aspiring students can go through SSC CHSL Preparation tips without coaching to ace the exam without any coaching.
Candidates who are planning to appear for the SSC CHSL paper should read the following reasons to take SSC CHSL Mock Tests:
- Mock Tests are like one’s own personal teacher
- Mock Papers help in improving knowledge and efficiency.
- The students can evaluate their own performance.
- Helps in finding weak areas.
- Candidates should go for difficult Mock Tests Series.
- They act like a teacher. Candidates don’t need to take anyone’s help.
- The students can understand their own weak points and work on them.
- It is advisable to attempt at least 2-3 Mock Tests every day.
SSC CHSL Preparation For General Awareness
General Awareness can be a bit tricky as the scope for this section is huge. It can cover from History to current events in the country and current affairs all across the country. The paper can also have questions from general science, geography, economics and politics. This can get a bit scary but there is no need to worry, we have a solution.
- If a section seems too big then break it down into Steps!
- First and foremost Read the newspaper every day. It gives every bit of Current information all across the globe.
- It is also recommended to watch the summary of news for at least 1 hour each day.
- Read both National & International Updates.
- Practice with SSC CHSL Mock Tests everyday.
- Go through basic concepts of Science (Physics, Chemistry, and Biology).
- A monthly magazine subscription for GK and Politics will be very helpful.
- Try to take out at least 2-3 hours in a day for this section.
CHSL Preparation Books: General Awareness
- Manorama Yearbook 2019 (English & Hindi Separate books)
- Lucent`s General Knowledge ( English & Hindi Separate books)
SSC CHSL Preparation: Reasoning
The candidates can easily prepare for SSC CHSL Reasoning section. The following strategies will help in acing the Reasoning section. The table denotes the how many questions are asked from each topic.
|Topics||Number of Questions|
|Seating Arrangement (Linear Or Circular)||4-5|
- The following tips will help you in preparing for the Reasoning section-
- Strengthen your Reasoning by practicing puzzles, coding-decoding as they are high scoring topics.
- Try SSC CHSL Mock Tests every day.
- Practice SSC CHSL Free Quizz. It will help in improving your logical reasoning skills.
- Students should cover at least 4 topics from the reasoning section every day.
- When starting your preparation for the day, revise the topics you covered on the previous day.
Preparation Books for General Intelligence
- Analytical Reasoning by MK Pandey
- Verbal and Non Verbal Reasoning by RS Aggarwal
- New Approach to Reasoning Verbal, Non-Verbal and Analytical by B S Sijwali and Indu Sijwali.
SSC CHSL Maths Preparation
The preparation of Maths is not a tough task. In case the candidate allocates 3-4 hours per day to Maths, they can effortlessly crack the Maths section of SSC CHSL with high marks. The table shows the number of questions asked from each topic in the math section.
|Topics||Number of Questions|
|Volume & Surface area||2-4|
- Follow these tips for the preparation of Math section-
- This difficulty level of the Math section is till 10th grade but certain questions can be tricky.
- Math section can be a bit challenging, make sure to practice it everyday.
- Practice is the key here. Try as many Mock Tests as you can.
- Make a chart of all the formulas and paste it in your room. Keep going through the formulas whenever you get the time.
- Do not miss out on any topic.
- Try to give more time to the topics that are tough.
- If it gets frustrating, take a short break and then resume after 5-10 minutes.
Preparation Books for Mathematics
- Quicker Maths by M Tyra (Great for short tricks)
- Quantitative aptitude by RS Aggarwal
SSC CHSL Preparation for English
The SSC CHSL English Preparation can be very easy if the given steps are followed. A breakdown of the number of questions asked in various topics
|Topics||Number of Questions|
|Fill in the blanks||3-4|
|Spotting the Error||4-5|
|Idioms and Phrases||2-4|
The first point of focus should be to Grammar. It is a very essential part of the paper.Take a look at the following Strategies for the best result.
- SSC CHSL English section is generic and with the right preparation it can be very easy to complete.
- Reading an English newspaper everyday will help in understanding grammar, improve vocabulary and improve General Knowledge.
- Improving on your Vocabulary takes some time. Make sure to learn 1 new word every day.
- With the help of SSC CHSL Mock Tests you can understand how the questions are asked in the paper.
- Read complete SSC CHSL English Preparation guide.
Preparation Books for English
- Word Power Made Easy by Norman Lewis
- Objective English by SP Bakshi
- Word Idioms & Phrases by Arihant
Share your thoughts/queries here!