SSC CHSL GA Questions 2020- Check General Awareness PDFs
- SSC CHSL General Awareness 2020 PDF
- SSC CHSL General Awareness Questions for Tier 1
- SSC CHSL General Awareness Important Topics for Tier 1
- SSC CHSL Previous Year GA Questions for Tier 1 Exam
- How Can I Download SSC CHSL General Awareness Questions PDF?
- SSC CHSL Tier 1 General Awareness Trends & Changes
- How to attempt SSC CHSL Tier 1 General Awareness Section?
General awareness is one of the important subjects to be studied when appearing for the SSC CHSL Tier 1 Exam. Hence, we are bringing you with the 500 SSC CHSL General Awareness Questions PDF in this article that will help you to understand what questions to expect in the Exam 2020.
- Candidates can save a lot of time during the exam if they cover all the important topics of the General Awareness section.
- It is important for candidates to score above the SSC CHSL Cut Off to get shortlisted for the next stage of the selection process.
- General Awareness is one such section in SSC Exams which includes various topics like Finance, Indian Economy, current affairs, etc.
- To help candidates, we have provided the General Awareness for SSC CHSL 2020 PDF.
- It is important for candidates to go through the SSC CHSL Study Notes which include all the important topics that will appear in the exam.
SSC CHSL General Awareness 2020 PDF
As the SSC CHSL Tier 1 Exam is scheduled to be conducted from 17 to 21 August 2020 & 24 to 27 August 2020, candidates have to start their preparation well in advance to score good marks in the exam. To ease your preparation, we have compiled all previous years SSC CHSL GK Questions in the PDF format.
- Aspirants can download the SSC CHSL General Awareness Study Material PDF from the link below and prepare the questions & topics thoroughly for the upcoming exam.
- Before starting the preparation, it is important for candidates to be aware of the detailed SSC CHSL Syllabus of General Awareness.
- SSC CHSL Tier 1 observed a shift in Trend, many questions were asked from International Current Affairs, mainly of neighbouring countries
- Go through the list of SSC CHSL Important Questions of GK and plan your preparation accordingly.
- Candidates can download the SSC CHSL 2020 GK Questions PDF in Hindi by clicking on the direct link provided in this post.
SSC CHSL General Awareness Questions for Tier 1
Staff Selection Commission often repeats topics & questions in General Awareness section throughout all its recruitment. This trend was observed in CGL & CHSL, many current affairs topics were common in both these exams.
- The candidates who have been applied for the SSC CHSL 2020, should prepare comparatively more for the General Awareness Section of the exam, which is the most difficult topic to clear a particular topic comparatively.
- Aspirants are advised to follow the SSC CHSL Preparation Tips provided by experts to better succeed in the exam.
- Candidates can download the SSC CHSL General Awareness PDF by clicking on the direct link provided below and start their preparation for the exam.
SSC CHSL General Awareness Important Topics for Tier 1
As per the experts, knowing the SSC CHSL Important Topics will help candidates to better prepare for the exam. The Important Topics in the GA section of the Staff Selection Commission Combined Higher Secondary level exam are given in the table below.
- The difficulty level of the Current Affairs Section is high, candidates should be up to date from all the previous six months’ latest news and reports of both National and International.
- There are many History questions from the Gupta Period.
- Indian Dance Forms and the states in which they are practiced was asked in all shifts of the Tier 1 CHSL Exam.
- Questions in the sports section were majorly focused on Cricket & Tennis.
- Candidates preparing for the SSC CHSL exam should go through all recent Cups & Trophies won by Indians in the country and internationally. Go through the detailed SSC CHSL Important Topics to prepare in a more efficient way.
|Topics||Topic Details||Weightage of Questions|
|History||Synopsis: Indian history based on ancient, medieval, and modern history. Topics include Vedic culture, Harappa Civilization, Important ancient Temples and Institutions, Medieval India, and the important systems and India’s freedom movement and the leaders.||1|
|Geography||Synopsis: Indian physical geography. Topics include Seaport, Airport and their location, India and its neighbours and Important institution of world and India like BRICS, World Bank, IMF, and RBI, etc.||1|
|Economics||Synopsis: Macro and Micro-economics with reference to Indian economic scenario. Topics include Famous persons in an economy, Five Year Plan and its importance, Budget related Terms (National Income, GDP, Fiscal Deficit, etc.), and Institutions and their importance.||2-3|
|Polity||Synopsis: Government policies based on the Indian Constitution. Topics include Meaning of Writ, Supreme Court and Indian Judiciary, Important constitutional bodies, President, Governor, and their functions, Fundamental Rights and Duties, Emergency Provisions, National political parties, and their symbols, Parliament and State legislature of India, and Major Constitutional amendments.||4|
|General Science (Physics, Biology, Chemistry)||Physics topics include S.I. units, Sound, Motion, Energy, Light, Wave, and Electricity. Biology topics include Facts about the human body, Nutrition in Animals and Plants, Important Inventions and inventors and Diseases, and their causes. Chemistry topics include Chemical Properties of Substance and their uses, Chemical Change and Physical Change, Properties of States of Matter, Chemical Name of Important substances, and Chemistry in Everyday Life.||6-8|
|Current Affairs||Synopsis: Demonetization, GST, and other bills passed in the Indian constitution. Current affairs topics include Awards, Sports, Politics, Finance and Banking, and International Events. Miscellaneous topics include Census, Books and their writers, Birds and Symbols, State Animals, Noble prize Winners, and Important Days.||4-5|
SSC CHSL Previous Year GA Questions for Tier 1 Exam
Some questions asked in the Tier 1 CHSL Exam have been listed here, you can also download the 500 GA Questions Asked in Tier 1 2019 in Engish & Hindi PDF from the link mentioned below.
Q. Which country will host the 36th International Geological Congress in March 2020?
Q. The 107th edition of the Indian Science Congress will be hosted by which city?
Q. Who set a new record for the longest single spaceflight by a woman?
A- Christina Koch
Q. Scissor Cup is associated with which sports?
Q. The Book ‘Gulamgiri’ was written by which author?
A- Jyotirao Phule
Q. Who among the following won a silver medal in the equestrian event at the 2018 Asian Games?
Q.Ram Vilas Paswan is the president of which party?
A-Lok Janshakti Party
Q. Greta Thunberg, the teenage sensation and global climate change crusader is from which of the following European countries?
Q. Herts is the SI unit of?
Q. In the new 2019 Narendra Modi cabinet, which portfolio is assigned to Smriti Irani?
A-Ministry of Women and Child Development
Q. Where is Rhodopsin, also called visual purple, located in the human body?
Q. Which emperor’s army did Maharana Pratap fight in the Battle of Haldighati?
Q. Rafael Nadal, one of the top male tennis players in the world hails from which European country?
Q. Which is the largest bone in the human body?
Q. As of May 2019, Vidarbha has won _______ Ranji Trophy tournaments?
Q. Chhattisgarh does NOT share its boundary with
A- West Bengal
Q- Which of the following states shares the longest boundary with China?
A- Arunachal Pradesh
Q- Which of the following metals has an ore named Galena?
Q- In which year was Google incorporated as a private company?
Q- Which of the following states separates Nepal from Bhutan?
Q- The mother of Mahatma Gandhi was:
Q- What is the full form of GSTIN in relation to GST?
A- Goods and Services Tax Identification Number
Q- Which of the following are the highest-frequency electromagnetic waves?
A- Gamma Rays
Q- The 124th Amendment Bill, 2019 deals with-
A- Economic Reservation
Q- Ram Vilas Paswan is the president of which party?
A- Lok Janshakti Party
Q- Which of the following banks was authorized to issue Electoral Bonds?
A- State Bank of India
Q- The city of Belagavi is located in the state of-
Q- In the world of computers, what is ‘Ubuntu”?
A- Open source Linux operating system
Q- Herts is the SI unit of-
Q-In which state is the Mundra Power Plant located?
Q- The National Institute of Nutrition is located in-
Q- ‘Pivot Table’ is a feature of which of the following software?
A- Microsoft Excel
Q- Soorya Festival’ is associated with which of the following cities?
Q- Which popular Indian band of the 90s released their first album ‘Boondein’ with Mohit Chauhan as the lead?
A- Silk Route
Q- In the context of Cloud Computing, what is the full form of PaaS?
A- Platform as a Service
Q- Dolomite is an ore of which of the following metals?
How Can I Download SSC CHSL General Awareness Questions PDF?
Candidates can download the 500 GA Questions Asked in SSC CHSL Tier 1 from the below-mentioned table. To help with the preparation we have also provided detailed PDFs for Important Cups & Trophies along with important Indian Folk Dance forms. Go through the SSC CHSL 2020 GK Questions in Hindi PDF and download them for future reference.
|SSC CHSL Tier 1 500 GA Questions PDF (English)- Part A|
|SSC CHSL Ter 1 500 GA Questions PDF (English) -Part B|
|SSC CHSL Tier 1 250 GA Questions PDF (Hindi)|
|Important Cups & Trophies PDF||Important Dance Forms PDF|
SSC CHSL Tier 1 General Awareness Trends & Changes
Solving SSC CHSL Previous Year Papers will help candidates to know the difficulty level of the paper and type of questions asked in the exam. In the SSC CHSL Tier 1 Exam 2020, many changes were introduced by the Staff Selection Commission in the General Awareness section.
- The challenging section of SSC CHSL General Awareness is Current Affairs. Many questions were asked from the current affairs of neighbouring countries which proved to be a bit difficult.
- The political changes and major departmental heads of India & of International countries were asked in most shifts.
- Candidates who attempted the CHSL Tier 1 Test felt that the General Awareness section was more difficult than other sections of the exam which is usually not the case.
- Students looking to score well should go through the SSC CHSL GK Preparation in detail.
- Both SSC CHSL and CGL exam followed this trend of asking questions from international politics & international current affairs.
How to attempt SSC CHSL Tier 1 General Awareness Section?
General awareness section covers topics like History, current events in the country, current affairs all across the country, general science, geography, economics, and politics. To score good marks in this section, follow the tips mentioned below.
- Before starting the preparation, it is important for candidates to know the complete syllabus and exam pattern of the SSC CHSL.
- First and foremost read the newspaper every day to know all th happenings around the world on a regular basis.
- Daily watch news at least for one hour and read both National & International Updates.
- Go through basic concepts of Science that include Physics, Chemistry, and Biology.
- Attempt as many SSC CHSL Mock Tests as possible on a daily basis. This will help increase your confidence levels.
- Candidates are advised to take the help of online resources to find all the important current affairs and note it down regularly.
- Try to solve at least two previous year question papers to increase your time-management skills, speed, and accuracy.
- Solve the daily and monthly General Awareness Quiz to know your preparation levels for the final exam.
Share your thoughts/queries here!