SSC CHSL FAQs – Get SSC CHSL Frequently Asked Questions Here
- SSC CHSL FAQs
- 1.What is SSC CHSL Exam?
- 2. What is the Eligibility to apply for CHSL 2018 Exam?
- 3.Is there any negative marking on SSC CHSL examination?
- 4. How many vacancies are there in SSC CHSL 2018?
- 5.What is pay scale for these posts?
- 6.Is there any Relaxation in Age for SSC CHSL Examination?
- 7.I have scored only 45% marks in 12th Class, can I fill this form?
- 8.What is the Written Examination Dates for SSC CHSL 2017 Examination?
- 9.What is the Exam pattern of Tier-I & Tier-II Examination?
- 10.What is the time required for preparing for SSC Exams?
- Have Any Queries?
SSC CHSL Frequently Asked Questions – Get all your queries cleared with the help of SSC CHSL FAQs.
SSC CHSL FAQs
Staff Selection Commission (SSC) released the SSC CHSL 2017 Notification and the application form was available from 18th November 2017 until 27th December 2017. There are many doubts/queries coming in the mind of aspiring candidates. Below is the compiled list of frequently asked questions and their answers which we hope will help you in clearing all your doubts while preparing for the exam. So, just go through the below-given points carefully.Check detailed SSC CHSL Syllabus.
1.What is SSC CHSL Exam?
Answer: The exam approaching of you is the SSC CHSL Exam 2017 for government jobs in India. Staff Selection Commission (SSC) is the Body which conducts the CHSL Exam. SSC is also the body which finally does the selection and recruitment for the advertised vacancies in central govt. departments including Union Ministries.
2. What is the Eligibility to apply for CHSL 2018 Exam?
Answer: There are 3 important criteria which we have mentioned in SSC CHSL FAQs, which a candidate must fulfill in order to be eligible for the SSC CHSL 2018. The 3 parameters are given below:
1. Citizenship: Candidate must be a citizen of India.
2. Age Limit:18-27 years as on 01.08.2018 (Candidates born not before 02-08-1991 and not later than 01-08-2000).
3. Educational Qualification: Candidates must have passed 12th Standard or equivalent examination from a recognized Board or University.
3.Is there any negative marking on SSC CHSL examination?
4. How many vacancies are there in SSC CHSL 2018?
Answer: Tentative vacancies for the posts of LDC/ JSA, Postal Assistant/ Sorting Assistant and DEO are 898, 2359, 2 and Data Entry Operator Grade”A”- Nil, respectively. Tentatively the vacancies for the post of Postal Assistant/Sorting Assistant, LDC, DEO and Court Clerks are 3259 respectively.
5.What is pay scale for these posts?
Answer: Pay for the Posts:
- Postal Assistant/Sorting Assistant PB 1(Rs. 5200-20200) Grade Pay 2400 (pre-revised)
- Data Entry Operator (CAG): Pay Band1 (Rs. 5200-20200), Grade Pay Rs. 2400 (pre-revised)
- Data Entry Operator (Other Ministries): Pay Band1 (Rs. 5200-20200), Grade Pay Rs. 1900
- Lower Division Clerk: Pay Band 1 (Rs. 5200-20200), Grade Pay Rs. 1900 (pre-revised)
- Court Clerk: Pay Band 1 (Rs. 5200-20200), Grade Pay Rs. 1900 (pre-revised)
6.Is there any Relaxation in Age for SSC CHSL Examination?
Answer: We all know that reservation is in force, and as such, candidates from reserved categories are given relaxation in age Limit.
7.I have scored only 45% marks in 12th Class, can I fill this form?
Answer: Central Govt. recruitment is based on the merit system, for written exam is conducted. Fewer marks in 12th do not create any problem. There are no such specific criteria, you can go ahead.
8.What is the Written Examination Dates for SSC CHSL 2017 Examination?
Answer: SSC CHSL Exam 2017 Tier I will be conducted from 04.03.2018 to 26.03.2018.
9.What is the Exam pattern of Tier-I & Tier-II Examination?
Answer: The Tier-I paper will be objective type. Your each and every doubt cleared in SSC CHSL FAQs There will be 100 questions for which Candidates will get 60 minutes.Get Complete SSC CHSL Syllabus
|Subject||Questions||Maximum Marks||Total Duration|
|General Intelligence||25||50||60 minutes for VH/OH – 100 Minutes
For VH/OH – 80 Minutes
|English Language (Basic)||25||50|
|Quantitative Aptitude (Basic Arithmetic Skill)||25||50|
Tier-II: There will be Essay and Letter writing the exam in SSC CHSL Tier II Exam. You can start your exam with any of the following sections given in the below table.
|Sections||No. of Questions||Maximum Marks|
10.What is the time required for preparing for SSC Exams?
Answer: If you are serious about the study and ready to dedicate 5 to 6 hours daily for study, then normally you might cover up the syllabus within 3 months. There are many students who achieve success within 4 months of preparation.
11. Where can I download SSC CHSL Admit Card?
Answer : SSC CHSL admit card will be available for download at the official website of the respective region before 2 weeks of the exam. The admit cards can be downloaded by entering the required details like roll number, registration number, password, date of birth etc. It is a mandatory document to be carried along with a valid id proof.
Have Any Queries?
If you have any queries related to SSC CHSL 2018 Exam, feel free to ask us in comments.
Stay tuned for more updates on SSC CHSL FAQs.
Share your thoughts/queries here!