SSC CHSL FAQs – Get SSC CHSL Frequently Asked Questions Here
- SSC CHSL FAQs 2020
- 1. What is SSC CHSL Exam?
- 2. What is the Eligibility to apply for CHSL 2020 Exam?
- 3. Is there any negative marking on the SSC CHSL examination?
- 4. How many vacancies are there in SSC CHSL 2020?
- 6. Is there any Relaxation in Age for SSC CHSL Examination?
- 7. I have scored only 45% marks in 12th Class, can I fill this form?
- 8. What is the Written Examination Dates for SSC CHSL 2020 Examination?
- 9. What is the Exam pattern of the Tier-I & Tier-II Examination?
- 10. What is the time required for preparing for SSC Exams?
Staff Selection Commission (SSC) released the SSC CHSL 2020 Notification and the exam will be conducted from 17th to 28th March 2020 across 11 days. There are many doubts/queries coming in the mind of aspiring candidates. Below is the compiled list of frequently asked questions and their answers which we hope will help you in clearing all your doubts while preparing for the exam. So, just go through the below-given points carefully for SSC CHSL FAQs 2020.
SSC CHSL FAQs 2020
- The SSC CHSL 2020 Exam will be conducted in 3 shifts- Morning, Afternoon, and Evening.
- Candidates are suggested to go to the exam hall 30 minutes prior to the reporting time mentioned with the SSC CHSL Shift Timings 2020.
- More than 11 lakh candidates applied for the exam this year, the level of competition will go high.
1. What is SSC CHSL Exam?
Answer: The exam approaching you is the SSC CHSL Exam 2020 for government jobs in India. Staff Selection Commission (SSC) is the body that conducts the CHSL Exam. SSC is also the body which finally does the selection and recruitment for the advertised vacancies in central govt. departments including Union Ministries.
2. What is the Eligibility to apply for CHSL 2020 Exam?
Answer: There are 3 important criteria that we have mentioned in SSC CHSL FAQs, which a candidate must fulfill in order to be eligible for the SSC CHSL 2020. The 3 parameters are given below:
- Citizenship: Candidate must be a citizen of India.
- Age Limit:18-27 years as on 01.08.2019 (Candidates born not before 02-08-1991 and not later than 01-08-2002).
- Educational Qualification: Candidates must have passed 12th Standard or equivalent examination from a recognized Board or University.
3. Is there any negative marking on the SSC CHSL examination?
4. How many vacancies are there in SSC CHSL 2020?
Answer: Tentative vacancies for the posts of LDC/ JSA, Postal Assistant/ Sorting Assistant and DEO are 898, 2359, 2 and Data Entry Operator Grade” A”- Nil, respectively. Tentatively the vacancies for the post of Postal Assistant/Sorting Assistant, LDC, DEO and Court Clerks are 3259 respectively.
5. What is the pay scale for these posts?
Answer: Pay for the Posts:
- Postal Assistant/Sorting Assistant PB 1(Rs. 5200-20200) Grade Pay 2400 (pre-revised)
- Data Entry Operator (CAG): Pay Band1 (Rs. 5200-20200), Grade Pay Rs. 2400 (pre-revised)
- Data Entry Operator (Other Ministries): Pay Band1 (Rs. 5200-20200), Grade Pay Rs. 1900
- Lower Division Clerk: Pay Band 1 (Rs. 5200-20200), Grade Pay Rs. 1900 (pre-revised)
- Court Clerk: Pay Band 1 (Rs. 5200-20200), Grade Pay Rs. 1900 (pre-revised)
6. Is there any Relaxation in Age for SSC CHSL Examination?
Answer: We all know that reservation is in force, and as such, candidates from reserved categories are given relaxation in age Limit.
7. I have scored only 45% marks in 12th Class, can I fill this form?
Answer: Central Govt. recruitment is based on the merit system, for a written exam is conducted. Fewer marks in the 12th do not create any problem. There are no such specific criteria, you can go ahead.
8. What is the Written Examination Dates for SSC CHSL 2020 Examination?
Answer: SSC CHSL Exam 2020 Tier I will be conducted from 17th March to 28th March 2020.
9. What is the Exam pattern of the Tier-I & Tier-II Examination?
Answer: The Tier-I paper will be objective type. Your each and every doubt cleared in SSC CHSL FAQs There will be 100 questions for which Candidates will get 60 minutes. Get Complete SSC CHSL Syllabus 2020
|Subject||Questions||Maximum Marks||Total Duration|
|General Intelligence||25||50||60 minutes for VH/OH – 100 Minutes For VH/OH – 80 Minutes|
|English Language (Basic)||25||50|
|Quantitative Aptitude (Basic Arithmetic Skill)||25||50|
Tier-II: There will be Essay and Letter writing the exam in SSC CHSL Tier-II Exam. You can start your exam with any of the following sections given in the below table.
|Sections||No. of Questions||Maximum Marks|
10. What is the time required for preparing for SSC Exams?
Answer: If you are serious about the study and ready to dedicate 5 to 6 hours daily for study, then normally you might cover up the syllabus within 3 months. There are many students who achieve success within 4 months of preparation.
11. Where can I download SSC CHSL Admit Card?
Answer: SSC CHSL Admit Card 2020 will be available for download at the official website of the respective region before 2 weeks of the exam. The admit cards can be downloaded by entering the required details like roll number, registration number, password, date of birth, etc. It is a mandatory document to be carried along with valid id proof.
Share your thoughts/queries here!