SSC CHSL Exam Pattern 2019 | Know Tier I, Tier II and Tier III exam pattern here!
Staff Selection Commission has started its recruitment process. The Tier 1 examination is going to commence from 1st July 2019. SSC CHSL Exam Pattern will help you understand the marks division for different sections. Candidates preparing for this paper can formulate their strategy accordingly.
LATEST: SSC CHSL Tier 1 Exam Date Announced from 1st July 2019 to 11th July 2019
Read the SSC CHSL Tier 1 Exam Date notice released on 20th June 2019.
- The SSC CHSL Admit Card 2019 has been released by SSC.
- Any applicant who has not received their admit card notification can check their Application Status.
- All aspirants should also go through the SSC CHSL Syllabus to know about all the topics that can be asked in the paper.
SSC CHSL Exam Pattern 2019
SSC CHSL Exam Pattern 2019:- For the candidates who are preparing for SSC CHSL exam, knowing Exam Pattern is the foremost step one must look at. Being aware of SSC CHSL Exam Pattern will make the preparation easier for you.
- SSC conducts the CHSL (Combined Higher Secondary Level) exam for various posts.
- The process of examination will consist of Tier I, Tier II, and Tier III exam.
- Tier I examination will comprise sections such as Reasoning Ability, English Language, Quantitative Aptitude and General Awareness.
- Please note that the Tier 1 paper has not been divided into sections. Questions will be mixed and can be asked from any of the 4 Subjects randomly.
- 25 questions for 50 marks will be asked from each section of Tier I examination and the exam will last for 60 Minutes.
- Tier II exam will be a Descriptive Test. There will be two questions (Letter and Essay) for 50 marks each.
- Tier III exam will be Typing and Skill Test where relevant proficiency will be tested.
- If you are looking to start your exam preparation, read our post on SSC CHSL Preparation tips to know the best tips, tricks & practices.
SSC CHSL Exam pattern 2018-19
The SSC CHSL Admit cards are already announced and the students are gearing up for the Tier 1 examination starting from 1st July 2019. Let us have a look at the official SSC CHSL Exam Pattern for Tier I paper.
Tier I – SSC CHSL Exam Pattern 2019
Tier I examination is the very first step of CHSL recruitment process. This section consists of 4 sections; Reasoning Ability, English Language, Quantitative Aptitude and General Awareness.
Let us first look at the table mentioned below to understand it properly;
|Subject||No. of Questions||Maximum Marks||
|Reasoning Ability||25||50||60 minutes in total|
- All four sections of SSC CHSL examination will consist of 25 questions and carrying 50 marks each.
- The Tier I exam will last for 60 Minutes.
- There will be negative marking of 0.50 mark for every wrong answer.
- Candidates who will clear the Cut Off of Tier I exam will be eligible to write Tier II/ Descriptive Test.
Tier II – SSC CHSL Exam Pattern 2019
Once you qualify as per the official Cutoff set by the Staff Selection Commission (SSC), you will be eligible to write the Tier II exam (Paper & Pen, Descriptive Test).
Now, in order to understand the SSC CHSL Exam Pattern for Tier II, let’s look at the table mentioned below;
|Section||No. of Questions||Maximum Marks|
- As mentioned in the table, Tier II/ Descriptive Test for SSC CHSL will consist of 2 questions; Letter/ Application and Essay Writing.
- Descriptive Test can be written in both Hindi/ English.
- Each question will carry 50 marks.
- This Tier of SSC CHSL will be a paper & pen Test.
- All the candidates need to score a minimum of 33% to qualify for Tier III/ Skill Test examination.
- Marks obtained in this round of the examination process will be considered while preparing the Final Merit List.
Tier III/ Skill Test – SSC CHSL Exam Pattern
This is the last phase of the examination process for SSC CHSL. In Tier III examination, candidates Typing and computer proficiency is tested
- In typing test, candidates need to be proficient enough to type with a speed of 8000 key depressions per hour.
- You will be provided a printed sheet and will be given 15 minutes of time to type approximately 2000-2200 words.
- If you choose English, you will need to type 35 words per minute.
- If you choose Hindi, You will need to type 30 words per minute.
- The total time to finish typing test will be 10 minutes.
- Marks will be awarded on the basis of accuracy as well as speed.
SSC CHSL Syllabus 2019
Now, as you have learned the SSC CHSL Exam Pattern well. Let’s look at the important topics covered in various sections of SSC CHSL Tier I examination;
|Reasoning Ability||Logical reasoning, Alphanumeric series, Ranking, Direction, Puzzles, Blood relations, Syllogism, Coding-decoding, Data Sufficiency, Seating arrangement, Coded inequalities etc.|
|Quantitative Aptitude||Simplification, Profit & loss, Mixtures & Alligations, Interest, Surds, Indices, Work & time, Speed time & distance, Mensuration, Data interpretation etc.|
|English Language||Reading comprehension, Cloze test, Para-jumbles, Miscellaneous, Fill in the blanks, Error spotting, Paragraph completion, One-word substitution, Active and passive voice etc.|
|General Awareness||History, culture, geography, economic science, general policy, scientific research, awards and honors, books and authors etc.|
To learn complete SSC CHSL Syllabus, read our post on SSC CHSL Syllabus 2019
Share your thoughts/queries here!