SSC CHSL Exam Day Instructions and Dress Code 2018-19
Staff Selection Commission is all set to conduct the SSC CHSL exam for aspirants who have cleared Class XII. The exam is scheduled in 3 different shifts at various SSC CHSL Exam Centers.
SSC CHSL 2019 will be conducted in online mode from July 01 onwards.
Given below are the important exam day instructions for SSC CHSL to keep in mind at the center:
- Do not forget to carry a printed copy of SSC CHSL Admit Card to the center.
- Carrying an original and photocopied identity proof is a mandate
- Make sure the admit card is error-free. Also, carry passport-sized photos to avoid any discrepancy
- Wear a watch to keep yourself updated about the time to manage your attempts in each section.
- Report to the center at the reporting time mentioned on your admit card.
- Candidates who are appearing for the exam in other shifts or exam dates can check SSC CHSL Exam Analysis for a better idea about the question pattern.
SSC CHSL Exam Day Instructions and Dress Code
Staff Selection Commission is strict when it comes to discipline and the candidate’s behaviour. All personnel should follow the exam day instructions and dress code to have a smooth and hassle free paper.
Candidates should not wear charms, veil, items containing metals such as a ring, bracelet, earrings, nose-pin, chains, necklace, pendants, badge, brooch, hair pin, hair band, clothes with full sleeves or big buttons, etc. Everybody is requested to wear open footwear like chappal/slippers or flats instead of shoes or heals. The frisking staff at the center can ask anybody to remove their shoes.
Do not take the following items inside the examination hall-
- Expensive Jewelry (any valuable gem)
- Camera or any such electronic device is strictly prohibited.
- Gold chains, bracelets, bangles etc.
- Loose piece of paper.
- Any magazine or book.
- Mobile Phones, shades, goggles, hats, caps.
- Any food or beverage.
*Candidates will be responsible for their loss of belonging.
SSC CHSL Dress Code for the Exam
Please follow these important points while getting ready for the CHSL paper. Along with following the exam day instructions, candidates are also requested to take the dress code seriously. SSC is strict with its regulations, it is best to avoid any kind of trouble during the examination.
What should the candidates wear and carry inside the exam hall?
- Candidates should not wear full sleeves clothes.
- Clothes with big buttons should also not be worn.
- Wear light-coloured and simple clothes.
- Wear open footwear like slippers, sandals instead of bulky shoes.
- Female applicants should not wear Salwars/patialas/heavy/traditional dresses. Therefore, female applicants can only wear shirts/tee-shirts and jeans/leggings.
- Carry Blue and black ballpoint pens to the exam.
- Only simple shirt/tee shirt and jeans for all the candidates (both males and females)
- No candidate should carry expensive or flashy jewelry
- Carry an id proof from these options- Aadhaar card/PAN card/passport/voter id/employer id/driving license
- Anyone at the exam center not following the Exam Day Instructions and Dress Code can face negative consequence.
- Female candidates should not have their hair open, they are advised to tie the hair neatly.
- Male candidates should not wear suits, bracelets or cuff-links.
Do Not Carry Stationary
- You can carry a pen but no piece of paper or notebook should be carried in the exam hall.
- Rough paper is provided inside.
- Do not carry big bags, handbags or a backpack inside.
- If any candidate carries any loose piece of paper he/she can be asked to leave the paper.
- Check the pockets for any piece of paper or note. No loose paper should be taken inside the exam hall.
Do Not Carry Electronic Gadgets.
- SSC CHSL Exam Day Instructions strictly prohibits any electronic gadget inside the exam room.
- Any mobile phones, Bluetooth devices, headphones, scanner, camera, storage devices of any kind shouldn’t be taken inside.
- Smartwatches or any basic watch is also not permitted.
- You can view the time on your monitor screens for CBT and a clock will be fitted inside the exam room to check the time.
Do Not Carry these Ornaments
- Expensive jewelry, for example, mangal sutra, earrings, brooch, gold/diamond rings.
- Any and all kinds of jewelry should be avoided altogether.
What happens if SSC CHSL Exam Day Instructions are not followed?
- The person found guilty may not be allowed to continue with the exam.
- Legal/criminal proceedings can be imitated against any candidate caught doing any malpractice.
- The candidate can be banned from appearing for the examination for 3 years.
- Follow the prescribed guidelines and you can give the exam with complete focus.
Important Documents to carry at the SSC CHSL Exam Center
- Carry printouts of the Admit card.
- Original and photocopy of valid government id.
- 2 passport sized coloured photograph.
*All candidates should follow the SSC CHSL Exam Day Instructions and Dress Code to avoid any inconvenience and give the paper with complete focus.
Share your thoughts/queries here!