SSC CGL Tier 3 Syllabus 2021
- SSC CGL Tier 3 Syllabus 2021
- Most Expected Topics for SSC CGL Tier 3 Descriptive Test
- SSC CGL Tier 4 Syllabus 2021
- SSC CGL Tier 3 Syllabus FAQs
Find complete SSC CGL Tier 3 Syllabus along with most expected topics for Essay & Letter writing. Also, watch videos on how to attempt these questions in SSC CGL Descriptive Test. Candidates qualified tier 2 successfully will be eligible for the third stage of SSC CGL Exam.
- As the SSC CGL Tier 3 Exam date is not yet notified, here is the brief syllabus. Know the marking scheme and SSC CGL descriptive paper syllabus,
- Check out the SSC CGL Cut Off and enhance your preparation to get shortlisted for the next stage.
- Check the important questions and topics asked in the Descriptive exam from this post.
- On the day of the exam, candidates can check the SSC CGL Exam Analysis in order to know what is the difficulty level of the exam, which questions were asked in the tier 3 exam.
SSC CGL Tier 3 Syllabus 2021
SSC CGL Tier 3 examination is a descriptive exam to test the writing skills of the candidates in Hindi & English. Tier III Examination is also known as SSC CGL Descriptive Test
- The exam is organized via offline mode.
- Candidates are tested for Essay Writing, Precis, Application, Letter etc.
- The Offline examination lasts for 1 hour (60 minutes).
- For a successful preparation, knowing the Complete SSC CGL Exam Syllabus is important.
- SSC CGL Tier 3 exam carries 100 marks.
- For the candidates who belong to PWD category, the time limit will be relaxed by 20 Minutes. Candidates from this category can finish the exam in 80 Minutes.
- Most Notably, SSC CGL Tier 3 paper is given by candidates who have applied for the posts of Statistical Investigator Grade II and Compiler.
- Our article on SSC CGL Preparation Tips will enhance your effectiveness in framing a perfect writing piece.
Marking scheme used in the SSC CGL Tier III exam – SSC CGL Tier 3 Syllabus 2021
To have a clear vision of the Descriptive paper, let’s have a look at the SSC CGL Tier 3 Exam Pattern and marking scheme. This will also give you clarity regarding the marking scheme used in the SSC CGL Tier III exam.
|Mode of Examination||Scheme of Examination||Marks||Time|
|Pen and Paper mode||Descriptive Paper in English/Hindi (writing of Essay/Precis/Letter /Application Writing etc||Total marks 100||60 minutesFor VH and candidates suffering from Cerebral Palsy: 80 Minutes|
As per the SSC CGL tier 3 syllabus 2021, there will be 2 Questions. Each question will carry 50 marks.
- In Essay Writing, 5 marks are awarded for Clarity of Expression, 5 marks for Command Over Language and 5 marks for continuity, Context/Understanding.
- Content but most importantly demanded content will fetch you another 35 Marks.
- These 35 marks will again have a breakdown as above mentioned in Tier III/ Descriptive exam paper.
- In Letter writing, 4 marks will be awarded for the format of the Letter, 8 marks for Clarity of Expression and another 8 marks for Command over Language.
- Content, as required, will fetch you another 30 marks.
Most Expected Topics for SSC CGL Tier 3 Descriptive Test
♦Expected Topics for Essay Writing
- Unified Payment Interface
- Digital payments, E-Wallets
- Women Empowerment
- Sexual Harassment
- Right to Information
- Right to Equality
- The Seventh Pay Commission
- Violence and peace
- The Technological Revolution
- India Pakistan Relations
- The Kashmir Issue
- Reservation in educational institutions
- Gender sensitivity/Gender-specific roles
- The GST bill
- Delhi Smog
- Reservation of women in Parliament
♦Expected Topics for Letter Writing
- Grievance letter related to public transport woes
- Women Empowerment
- Letter to the Police commissioner
- Letter to your local police station
- Organize cleanliness Drive
- Letter to the water supply board
- Letter to start bus service from your locality
- Swachch Bharat Abhiyan
- Letter to Bank Manager
- New suggestions to Municipal corporation
- Letter to your local municipal corporation
- Improving government services
- Letter to the editor regarding grievance redressal
- Letter to an Officer for grievance redressal
- More public transport services.
- Useful suggestions to those in authority.
How to write an amazing letter for SSC CGL Tier 3 Descriptive exam – Watch the video now!
Find the best tips and tricks to write an amazing letter for SSC CGL Tier III/ Descriptive exam. Watch the complete video in order to understand the required nature of the Letter for SSC CGL tier 3. Go through the SSC CGL tier 3 syllabus in Hindi for students who are preparing in Hindi medium.
How to write an effective essay in SSC CGL Tier III/ Descriptive Exam?
In the below-mentioned video, find the best tricks & practices in order to frame an effective essay in SSC CGL Tier III exam. Watch the video to know how to write the essays as per the SSC CGL tier 3 exam syllabus.
For your reference, We have prepared a video sharing complete structure of an essay. Watch the complete video to learn Essay writing for SSC CGL Tier III/ Descriptive Test.
Exam analysis is a great resource in order to understand the structure of the examination. As you are clear about the best practices for Essay and Letter writing through videoes mentioned above, Let’s have a look at the detailed Analysis of SSC CGL Tier III/ Descriptive Test.
SSC CGL Tier 4 Syllabus 2021
Tier 4 is a computer skill test. Candidates qualifying the Tier 3 will be eligible for this stage. Tier 4 is also qualifying in nature. Upon qualifying all the stages, candidates will be eligible to receive an appointment for their applied post. This test is conducted in two steps:
1. Data Entry Skill Test (DEST)
- This test is conducted for the post of Tax Assistant (Central Excise and Income Tax)
- In this test, candidates are required to type 2000 words in 15 minutes on a computer in English.
- This test tests candidate’s typing skills.
- The candidates are given an article in English which they have to type on Computer.
2. Computer proficiency Test (CPT)
- The CPT is conducted for the post of CSS, MEA, Inspector (Central Excise), Inspector (Preventive Officer), Inspector (Examiner).
- This test is conducted to test the candidate’s proficiency in Word Processing, Spreadsheets, and Generation of Slides
SSC CGL Tier 3 Syllabus FAQs
Q. Is Tier 3 compulsory in SSC CGL 2021?
Ans: Yes, Tier 3 mandatory for all posts in SSC CGL 2021. Candidates qualifying tier 2 exam will be eligible for the third stage.
Q. Is Tier 4 compulsory in SSC CGL?
Ans: Tier 4 is the last stage of SSC CGL Recruitment which is only for a few posts. This stage includes Data Entry Skill Test and Computer Proficiency Test which are conducted for Central Excise and Income Tax department. Candidates qualifying this stage will be eligible for receiving an appointment for their applied post.
Q. Is there any interview for SSC CGL?
Ans: No, there is no interview conducted for any post in SSC CGL. Candidates need to clear the four Tiers in order to be eligible for receiving an appointment for their applied post.
Q. What is the marking scheme for SSC CGL Tier 3 Exam?
Ans: The third stage of SSC CGL is an offline mode of exam i.e., pen and paper mode. This descriptive exam is conducted for a total of 100 marks.
Q. Is there any book for SSC CGL Tier 3 Preparation?
Ans: There are no particular books for tier 3 however, you can go through the important essay topics asked in Tier 3 and prepare accordingly. Try to be prepared for most of the commonly asked essay topics and letter writing scenarios.
Share your thoughts/queries here!