SSC CGL Tier 3 Preparation Tips 2021 – Essay, Letter, Precis
- SSC CGL Tier 3 Preparation Tips 2021
- Syllabus and Exam Pattern for SSC CGL Tier 3
- SSC CGL Tier 3 Preparation Tips
- Book for SSC CGL Tier 3 Preparation
- SSC CGL Tier 3 Commonly Asked Questions
SSC CGL exam will take place in four different levels in terms of Tier 1, Tier 2, Tier 3 and Tier 4. SSC CGL Tier 3 is a descriptive section. Following is the syllabus, exam pattern as well as SSC CGL Tier 3 Preparation strategy. As the SSC CGL Tier 3 Exam date is not yet announced, here is the detailed last-minute preparation.
SSC CGL Tier 3 Preparation Tips 2021
SSC CGL Tier 3 Preparation is not that difficult as aspirants think it to be. Check out the following strategy tips:
- Firstly, the time given to complete SSC CGL Tier 3 exam is only 1 hour.
- So, students should practice more and more SSC CGL Mock Tests
- Go through the SSC CGL Tier 3 Syllabus and plan your preparation accordingly.
- Secondly, practice every day by developing a habit of writing.
- Candidates can do this by writing 4-5 pages regularly
- Moreover, the direct way to enhance writing skills is to read.
- Students do not need to read anything specific. It can be done by reading anything the candidate likes
- Rather than cramming, candidates should make an effort of understanding the concept and format of writing
Syllabus and Exam Pattern for SSC CGL Tier 3
SSC CGL launched this new idea in the year 2016 in which Tier 3 exam has a focal point on the writing efficiency of the aspirants. So, the candidate can choose which language he wants to write it. The options are English and Hindi only.
The following is the SSC CGL Tier 3 Syllabus
- Letter Writing
- Essay Writing
- Application Writing
- Precis Writing
SSC CGL Tier 3 expected topics are given below:
- Finance & Economy: Important Events in the Indian and global economy, Demonetization, RBI Rates, GDP Rates etc.
- Environmental Concerns: Pollution, Overpopulation, Ecology
- Technology: Digital payments, E-Wallets and UPI, Social Networks etc
- Politics, Schemes & Governance Elections, Demonetization, Revolutions, and Agitations, Political deaths, GST, Appointments, Officeholders
- Social Issues like Poverty, Education, Equality, Women Empowerment, Right to Information, Social Evils, Corruption, Terrorism/Kashmir Issue, Indo-Pak Relations
- Geopolitics: Chinese aggression in the Indian Ocean, Syrian Refugee Crisis, Rohingya refugees, World Leaders
- Sports: Recent victories, tournaments, matches, Wins, retirements
SSC CGL Tier 3 Exam Pattern is as follows:
- Total marks – 100
- Time allotted – 1 hour (80 minutes for VH & candidates suffering from Cerebral Palsy)
- Difficulty Level – 10+12th standard
- Exam mode – Offline
- Question Type – Descriptive
SSC CGL Tier 3 Preparation Tips
For SSC CGL Tier 3 Preparation, there are a few things that all candidates must keep in mind.
- It is not an objective but DESCRIPTIVE paper
- While writing this paper, candidates should follow a certain pattern
- All the topics demand a specific level of understanding and IQ
- There are an incredible number of ways of turning this exam into an effortless practice
The following are the tips to do SSC CGL Tier 3 Preparation
1. Understanding the concept
- Candidates must understand the topic they are writing on during SSC CGL Tier 3 Preparation
- Memorizing the letters or cramming essays will not help. Focus on the question and write exactly on that
- The time should be completely utilized on conceiving the actual concept during the preparation
- Because while in the exam, the crammed material might not show up. The understood material will
- Also, along with the quantity, quality matters a lot. If your write up will make good sense then it can easily impress the checker.
2. Elaboration of the topic
- Candidate must keep the focus entirely on every aspect of the topic that he/she writing
- Do not lose the flow of the topic that appears in the exam
- Candidates should practice writing elaboratively.
- This will show that the candidate has complete knowledge of the question
- Most importantly, candidates should read a newspaper every day.
- This will improve their general knowledge. With that, it will be easy to write the essay topics
3. The Presentation
- First and foremost, avoid cutting or overwriting in the exam sheet
- Secondly, if the paper is untidy, it will give a negative impression to the checker
- Furthermore, leave spaces after every paragraph to give more clarity.
- Also, to make the content readable enough
- Moreover, write in good alignment and neat handwriting
- Also, in case there is a handwriting issue, candidates must write in a way that is understandable
4. The Content
- Firstly, the content of the essay, letter and precis writing must be clear and elaborative
- Secondly, candidates must learn to stick to what is asked
- Also, practice maintaining the flow of the content
- Moreover, candidates should not start with some point of view and take it somewhere else
- Furthermore, read as much as you can. With reading, writing will automatically improve
- Besides that, candidates should not try to repeat sentences over and over. Be precise
- Moreover, candidates must avoid using slang words.
- Firstly, candidates should not start writing without any proper format
- Secondly, candidates should always remember that formatting will help earn more marks
- Also, a clear format will not only make the presentation better but also make it easy to understand how to write
- Moreover, try not to exceed the word limit. That can irritate the checker
- Besides that, write with the point of view of satisfying the exam checker.
- Do not forget to read it once after completing the exam
6. Grammar & Vocabulary
- First of all, Vocabulary and Grammar are the most important aspects of SSC CGL Tier 3 Preparation
- Secondly, without proper grammar, the exam checker will not give marks.
- Also, practice the use of tenses, modals, prepositions, synonyms/antonyms, sentence formation, and punctuation.
- Practicing this every day to make your writing very attractive
- Moreover, to enhance vocabulary, learn 2-3 words every day.
- Make different sentences using those words
- Try to add and use the newly learned words when you practice writing for SSC CGL Tier 3 Preparation
- Also, candidates who face the vocabulary problem, just one small tip.
- Candidates do not need to use hi-fi vocab. Just work on the Grammar part. It will give you an advantage of using easy and effortless vocabulary words.
7. The Time
- First of all, manage time effectively. Candidates should remember that the time is limited
- Secondly, aspirants have to finish three activities in 1 hour
- Moreover, time can only be managed well by practicing more and more SSC CGL Mock Tests
- Besides that, always note time whenever you practice SSC CGL Tier 3
- Also, try to finish all 3 questions within 1 hour
- More importantly, practice every day without fail. Moreover, practice all three sections
- Furthermore, do not think it is difficult to crack because that can make you lose confidence
Book for SSC CGL Tier 3 Preparation
Importantly, there are several books that one can make good use of when it comes to SSC CGL Tier 3 Preparation. So, the following is the list of books candidates can go for, to crack SSC CGL Exam.
- Practice Book for SSC CGL (Tier 3) Exam Practice Work Book English by Kiran & Prakash
2. Book & Mock Test for SSC CGL (Tier-3) Exam by Wiley
3. SSC CGL Exam Goalpost Test Cracker – Wiley
4. Descriptive English (for all competitive examinations) by B.K Publications
5. Selected Contemporary Essays (for all competitive examinations) by Saumitra Mohan
6. A Handbook for Letter Writing by Arihant
7. 151 Essays (for all competitive examinations) by Arihant
SSC CGL Tier 3 Commonly Asked Questions
There are some important topics that usually appear in SSC CGL Tier 3. So, candidates should take a look at the following topics and make sure that they surely prepare these topics during SSC CGL Tier 3 Preparation:
SSC CGL Tier 3 Frequent Essays
- Sexual Harassment
- Dowry System
- Domestic Violence
- Crimes in India
- Global Warming
- The GST Bill
- Violence (all areas)
- Human Rights
- Women Empowerment
- Gender Discrimination, etc.
SSC CGL Expected Letter Writing Topics Tier 3
A Letter to:
- Reject a job opportunity
- For the cleanliness in the society
- For not getting a courier yet
- To reschedule an interview
- To extend the date of joining a job
- For accepting a job offer
- An editorial letter to express an opinion on Nature and its protection
- An editorial letter to give your views on Women Empowerment, etc.
Share your thoughts/queries here!