Crack SSC CGL Tier 3 Descriptive Paper with Flying Colours!
SSC CGL Tier III exam is on 8th July 2018. This article will get you important topics, tips, and tricks to write the Tier 3 paper in an effective way. You can also find the SSC CGL Tier 3 Descriptive Paper Marking Scheme 2018 here. Boost your preparation for SSC CGL Tier III with the help of videos given below. Scroll down and improve your writing skills.
SSC CGL Tier III Paper Pattern:
SSC CGL 2018 Tier III is a descriptive paper. The test will be bilingual in English/Hindi and will constitute 100 marks. You can write either in English or Hindi. It comprises of Essay writing, precis writing, letter writing and application writing. It tests your writing skills. The Tier III Exam needs to be completed in a time of 60 minutes.
|Descriptive Paper in English/Hindi (Writing of Essay, Precis, Letter, Application etc.)||100 marks||60 minutes or 1 hour|
How to write Letter & Essay in SSC CGL Tier III
SSC is set to conduct the SSC CGL Tier III exams on July 8th, 2018. You will be asked to write a good essay, letter and precis writing in SSC CGL Tier III Exam for 100 marks. We have share videos to write effective essay and letter to help you out. Go through them. You will surely be benefitted with the below videos.
Note : SSC has released the admit card for the SSC CGL Tier 3. You download the SSC CGL Tier 3 admit card here.
How to write an amazing letter – Watch the video now!
Watch this video to know how to write an effective essay in SSC CGL Tier III Exam.
Check Official Descriptive Marking Scheme
The third phase i.e. Tier III is a Descriptive paper and it tests your writing proficiency and ability to communicate ideas through the medium of an essay and letter. Hence, you need to learn to put down your ideas on paper in the right manner. We have compiled a list of tips and tricks to help you with SSC CGL Tier 3 Descriptive paper. You will also find below a list of important topics to prepare.
Essay writing tips and tricks – SSC CGL Tier 3 Descriptive Paper 2018
- Try reading as many newspapers, books, and magazines as possible. This improves your vocabulary and ability to write.
- Read from the best – The Hindu, The Economic Times, The Indian Express etc.
- Try to read a variety of articles on the following topics: finance & economy, social issues, politics, technology, sports, environmental issues, and geopolitics. This will help you write an essay on any topic given.
- Do not be biased in your views while expressing – be neutral.
- Also, try to complete your essay in 25-30 minutes.
- Divide your essay into three parts – introduction, body, and conclusion. Further, divide the body into around 4 paragraphs. Keep the paras short; one para should talk maximum about two aspects.
- Before you start writing the essay, you should note down the points you would like to write about. These points will help you have a better flow of writing.
- Focus on quality and not just quantity.
- To get better at writing essays, practice writing essays on a variety of topics. And after writing, do proofread your work.
- Make sure that your handwriting is legible.
- Try not to cut or overwrite.
- Divide the essay into three parts – the introduction, the body, and the conclusion.
- The dody of the essay should focus on the topic alone and not deviate unnecessarily.
- Also, flow in context is very important in writing. The essay and letters must be communicated well.
Expected Topics for Essay Writing
- Unified Payment Interface
- Digital payments, E-Wallets
- Women Empowerment
- Sexual Harassment
- Right to Information
- Right to Equality
- The Seventh Pay Commission
- Violence and peace
- The Technological Revolution
- India Pakistan Relations
- The Kashmir Issue
- Reservation in educational institutions
- Gender sensitivity/Gender-specific roles
- The GST bill
- Delhi Smog
- Reservation of women in Parliament
SSC CGL Tier III Letter Writing Tips
- In letter writing, you need to use a formal tone and language.
- Follow the format to write a formal letter.
- Provide useful information and avoid repetitions.
Expected Topics for Letter Writing
- Grievance letter related to public transport woes
- Women Empowerment
- Letter to the Police commissioner
- Letter to your local police station
- Organise cleanliness Drive
- Letter to the water supply board
- Letter to start bus service from your locality
- Swachch Bharat Abhiyan
- Letter to Bank Manager
- New suggestions to Municipal corporation
- Letter to your local municipal corporation
- Improving government services
- Letter to the editor regarding grievance redressal
- Letter to an Officer for grievance redressal
- More public transport services.
- Useful suggestions to those in authority.
SSC CGL Tier III Precis Writing Tips
- First, read the given paragraph(s) carefully and completely.
- Understand the passage and rewrite using your own words
- Ensure that your precis is shorter than the original paragraph.
- In Precis writing, be precise and do not keep repeating the points.
Watch Last Minute Tips for SSC CGL Tier III by YITIKA MA’AM
So, did you find our post on SSC CGL Tier 3 Descriptive Paper 2018 – Essay writing tips and tricks helpful? Then, keep visiting us regularly for more updates like this.
Share your thoughts/queries here!