SSC CGL Tier 2 Time Management Tips 2020
SSC CGL Tier 2 Time Management Tips 2020:Time Management plays a very significant role in clearing the SSC CGL Exam. Go through the complete article to know how to manage time during the SSC CGL Preparation, during the exam hours and also know the section-wise SSC CGL Tier 2 Time Management Tips 2020 and more.
SSC CGL Tier 2 Time Management Tips 2020
SSC CGL Tier 2 Time Management Tips 2020 is here to make your SSC journey easier than ever before. The Examination will be conducted in four tiers- Tier I, II, III and IV. SSC CGL Combined Exam 2020 Tier-II exam is going to be held soon. So check for the time management tips for the Tier 2 exam in this article.
- Solving SSC CGL Tier 2 Mock Tests is necessary to improve your performance and increase your speed
- Staff Selection Commission or SSC conducts Combined Graduate Level – SSC CGL exam every year for recruitment to non-technical Group ‘B’ and Group ‘C’ non gazetted posts for the Government of India
- Solving SSC CGL Memory Based papers frequently with give you an edge and a better understanding of the Question pattern
SSC CGL Tier 2 Time Management Tips (Preparation Stage)
Good Time Management during the preparation of the SSC CGL Exam is necessary as the syllabus is extremely vast and the competition is very high. Go through the points given below to improve your time management skills for the SSC CGL Tier 2 Preparation-
- Make long term and short term SSC CGL Study Plans to complete all the important topics in the syllabus with fixed deadlines and stick to your plans
- Breaking your daily time table into 4-5 slots will be helpful such as different syllabus sections that can be covered in different slots.For Example-
|Slot 1||8 AM-10 AM||Quantitative Aptitude|
|Slot 2||10.30 AM-12.30 PM||Statistics|
|Slot 3||3.00 PM-4.00 PM||General Studies-Finance & Economics|
|Slot 5||7.30 PM-8.30 PM||English|
- Take out time for weekly revisions as it will save you preparation time before the exam
- Try not to keep backlogs and finish the syllabus topics as planned and on time
SSC CGL Tier 2 Time Management Tips (for Exam Day)
Check for the SSC CGL Tier 2 Time Management Tips during the exam-
- Solve SSC CGL Previous Year Question Papers in SSC CGL Exam like environment and try to finish the paper in due time. Analysis sections of the question paper are taking up more time and plan your preparation accordingly. Download SSC CGL Tier-II Previous Years Question Papers and attempt maximum questions within the time allotted.
- Use Stopwatch to keep the track of time
- Start taking SSC CGL Mock Test to closely emulate the exact exam pattern. Solve SSC CGL Mock Tests regularly and consistently as it will increase your speed and accuracy on the day of the exam.You must check your level of performance after each attempt and work on the weaker areas.
- While in the exam hall, do not stick to the same questions for a long time as it will lower our chances of completing the paper in the given time
- During the exam, try to finish questions that you find easy and you are sure of the correct answers first. This will save much of your time in the exam hall
- Learn enough short-cut tricks for the Quantitative Aptitude portion. Do not go for long calculation methods as these will consume much of the time during the exam
- Try to prepare from the most scoring topics from the syllabus. It will help you score more marks in less amount of time investment
- Do not waste time on tough questions at the beginning,keep them aside to be completed afterwards. Focus on the low hanging fruits i.e the easy questions
SSC CGL Tier 2 Section-wise Time Management
Go through the SSC CGL Tier 2 Section-wise Time Management Tips for each of the sections from below-
SSC CGL Tier 2 Paper 1(Quantitative Aptitude Section)
Paper 1 is a Quantitative Aptitude Section, in which candidates have to attempt 100 questions in 2 hours.
- Do not go for long methods and make use of short tricks and formulas to reduce your calculations time in this section
- Make sure to prepare this section completely according to the syllabus
- Important topics include Ratio & Proportion, Square roots, Averages, Interest, Profit and Loss, Discount, Partnership Business, Mixture and Alligation, Time and distance, Time & Work, Basic algebraic identities of School Algebra & Elementary surds, Graphs of Linear Equations, Triangle and its various kinds of centers, Congruence and similarity of triangles, Circle and its chords, tangents, angles subtended by chords of a circle, common tangents to two or more circles, Triangle, Quadrilaterals, Regular Polygons, Circle, Right Prism, Right Circular Cone, Right Circular Cylinder, Sphere, Hemispheres, Rectangular Parallelepiped, Regular Right Pyramid with triangular or square base, Trigonometric ratio, Degree and Radian Measures, Standard Identities, Complementary angles, Heights and Distances, Histogram, Frequency polygon, Bar diagram & Pie chart.
- Practice as much as SSC CHSL Mock Test Series throughout the preparation, evaluate which of the topics you are weak at and which of the topics take most of your time during the mock tests. Practice such topics more. This will increase your speed of solving Quantitative Questions on the day of the exam.
SSC CGL Tier 2 Paper 2(English Section)
In Paper 2, English Section, aspirants need to solve 200 questions in 2 hours. Questions in this section are designed to test the candidate’s understanding and knowledge of English Language like spot the error, fill in the blanks, synonyms, antonyms, spelling/detecting misspell words, idioms & phrases, one-word substitution, improvement of sentences, active/passive voice of verbs, conversion into direct/indirect narration, shuffling of sentence parts, shuffling of sentences in a passage, cloze passage & comprehension passage.
- Try to solve the Grammar questions first as these take the least time and fetch you marks in the least amount of time
- Try to do lengthy Reading comprehension questions at last as it will consume most of your time in Paper 2
- To increase your speed in the Reading Comprehension questions solving it is suggested to the candidates to read newspaper editorials daily till the exam, Reading news editorials will improve your speed of reading. Moreover, the comprehension generally comes from day-to-day current affairs and reading editorials will keep you updated with the important topics from where the comprehension may come
- Solve Questions from SSC CGL previous year papers to check your speed and practicing the papers will increase your speed
- Do prioritize the questions into two portions-first, the questions that are easily solvable and you are sure of the answers and second, the questions of which you are unsure of the answers. Here, make sure to solve the first kind of questions as soon as possible before attempting the second kind of question. It will save you time in the exam and your chances of accuracy will be more
SSC CGL Tier 2 Paper 3(Statistics for Investigator Grade-II)
In Paper 3, Statistics for Investigator Grade-II, you have to attempt 100 questions in two hours.
- Solve previous year questions on all important topics such as Skewness and Kurtosis, Correlation and Regression, Probability Theory, Time Series Analysis, Sampling Theory, Statistical Inference, etc.
SSC CGL Tier 2 Paper 4(General Studies (Finance and Economics)
Paper 4, General Studies (Finance and Economics) is for the post of Assistant Audit Officer in the Indian Audit & Accounts Department under CAG. Important topics include Financial Accounting, Single and double entry, Books of original Entry, Profit & Loss Appropriation Accounts, Balance Sheet, Income & Expenditure Accounts, Bills of Exchange, Self Balancing Ledgers, Economics and Governance, Finance Commission, Methods of economic study and Central, Theory of Demand and Supply, Law of supply and Elasticity of Supply, Theory of Production and cost, Forms of Market and price determination in different markets, Indian Economy, Economic Reforms in India, etc.
- Multiple revisions of the syllabus and solving questions on topics is necessary for an exam-like environment that will help you to finish the paper on time on the real exam day.
- To save time during preparation, study strictly according to the given syllabus as reading extra topics and out of context study material will not fetch you marks. They will make your preparation process longer and unhelpful
Be ready with the SSC CGL Tier 2 2020 Exam Pattern
SSC CGL Tier-II Exam is an objective exam which will be conducted online. There are 4 sections in the exam, with 100 questions that account for a total of 200 marks. The Tier 2 papers will be conducted over two days. Paper 1 and Paper 2 on the first day and Paper 3 and Paper 4 on the second day. Remember, there will be a negative marking of 0.25 marks for every wrong answer. You should attempt the section first in which you are good at. The SSC CGL Tier-II 2020 Exam Pattern is given below.
|Paper||Subject||No of Questions||Max Marks||Exam Duration|
|1||Quantitative Aptitude||100||200||2 Hours|
|2||English Language and Comprehension||200||200||2 Hours|
|4||General Studies (Finance & Economics)||100||200||2 Hours|
SSC CGL Study Plan for Tier 2
Keeping the exam pattern in mind, prepare a time table on how much time you should give to each section and assign deadlines accordingly. Make a habit to revise and prepare short notes such as formulas. Frame a strategy on which section to attempt in the beginning and which at the end and how much time to spend on each section and how much time to be spent on review.SSC CGL Mock Test as part of SSC
Share your thoughts/queries here!