SSC CGL Tier 2 Time Management Tips 2020
Time management is the key to success in any competitive exam. Candidates appearing for the Tier 2 of SSC CGL Exam must know how to manage time to clear the exam in one attempt. To help candidates, we have provided simple tips of Time Management for SSC CGL in this post.
Time Management for SSC CGL Tier 2
As the Tier 2 exam is scheduled to be held from 15-18 November 2020, following expert preparation tips would definitely help candiadtes to better manage time in the exam and succeed in the exam. Solving SSC CGL Memory Based papers frequently will give you an edge and a better understanding of the question pattern.
- Attempting a mock test series is one of the best ways for managing time in the exam.
- Try to analyze your performance by allotting marks yourself after completion of each mock test. This will help improve your weak areas.
- This post takes through an in-depth explanation about subject-wise time management for SSC CGL.
- Solving the SSC CGL Tier-2 Previous Years Question Papers will help in understanding the difficulty level of the paper, type of questions asked in the exam, and increasing speed to answer any question.
SSC CGL Tier 2 Time Management Tips for Exam Day
Here, we have provided some simple tips that help candidates to know how to manage their time in the Tier 2 exam. Attempting SSC CGL Tier 2 Mock Tests is necessary to improve your performance and increase your speed. Check for the SSC CGL Tier 2 Time Management Tips during the exam and enhance your preparation for the upcoming exam.
- Use Stopwatch to keep the track of time.
- While in the exam hall, do not stick to the same questions for a long time as it will lower our chances of completing the paper in the given time
- During the exam, try to finish questions that you find easy and you are sure of the correct answers first. This will save much of your time in the exam hall.
- Learn enough short-cut tricks for the Quantitative Aptitude portion. Do not go for long calculation methods as these will consume much of the time during the exam.
- Start taking SSC CGL Mock Test regularly and consistently as it will increase your speed and accuracy on the day of the exam. You must check your level of performance after each attempt and work on the weaker areas.
- Try to prepare from the most scoring topics from the syllabus. It will help you score more marks in less amount of time investment
- Do not waste time on tough questions at the beginning, keep them aside to be completed afterwards. Focus on the low hanging fruits i.e the easy questions
SSC CGL Tier 2 Section-wise Time Management Tips 2020
Candidates are advised to take up FREE SSC CGL Quiz on a daily basis to improve their speed and time management skills.
To ease out your preparation, we have provided section wise tips for Tier 2 exam. Go through the SSC CGL Tier 2 Section-wise Time Management Tips from the post below and enhance your time management skills, speed, and accuracy that help score good marks in the exam.
SSC CGL Tier 2 Paper 1 (Quantitative Aptitude Section)
Paper 1 is a Quantitative Aptitude Section, in which candidates have to attempt 100 questions in 2 hours.
- Do not go for long methods and make use of short tricks and formulas to reduce your calculations time in this section
- Make sure to prepare this section completely according to the syllabus. Also, follow the SSC CGL Tier 2 Quant Preparation by experts to be exam ready.
- Important topics include Ratio & Proportion, Square roots, Averages, Interest, Profit and Loss, Discount, Partnership Business, Mixture and Alligation, Time and distance, Time & Work, Basic algebraic identities of School Algebra & Elementary surds, Graphs of Linear Equations, etc.
- Practice as much as SSC CHSL Mock Test Series throughout the preparation, evaluate which of the topics you are weak at and which of the topics take most of your time during the mock tests. Practice such topics more. This will increase your speed of solving Quantitative Questions on the day of the exam.
SSC CGL Tier 2 Paper 2 (English Section)
In Paper 2, English Section, aspirants need to solve 200 questions in 2 hours. Questions in this section are designed to test the candidate’s understanding and knowledge of English Language like spot the error, fill in the blanks, synonyms, antonyms, spelling/detecting misspell words, idioms & phrases, one-word substitution, improvement of sentences, active/passive voice of verbs, conversion into direct/indirect narration, shuffling of sentence parts, shuffling of sentences in a passage, cloze passage & comprehension passage.
- Try to solve the Grammar questions first as these take the least time and fetch you marks in the least amount of time. Follow the expert suggested SSC CGL Tier 2 English Preparation Tips for clearing the exam in one attempt.
- Try to do lengthy Reading comprehension questions at last as it will consume most of your time in Paper 2
- To increase your speed in the Reading Comprehension questions solving it is suggested to the candidates to read newspaper editorials daily till the exam, Reading news editorials will improve your speed of reading. Moreover, the comprehension generally comes from day-to-day current affairs and reading editorials will keep you updated with the important topics from where the comprehension may come
- Solve Questions from SSC CGL previous year papers to check your speed and practising the papers will increase your speed
- Do prioritize the questions into two portions-first, the questions that are easily solvable and you are sure of the answers and second, the questions of which you are unsure of the answers. Here, make sure to solve the first kind of questions as soon as possible before attempting the second kind of question. It will save you time in the exam and your chances of accuracy will be more
SSC CGL Tier 2 Paper 3 (Statistics for Investigator Grade-II)
In Paper 3, Statistics for Investigator Grade-II, you have to attempt 100 questions in two hours.
- Solve previous year questions on all important topics such as Skewness and Kurtosis, Correlation and Regression, Probability Theory, Time Series Analysis, Sampling Theory, Statistical Inference, etc.
SSC CGL Tier 2 Paper 4 General Studies (Finance and Economics)
Paper 4, General Studies (Finance and Economics) is for the post of Assistant Audit Officer in the Indian Audit & Accounts Department under CAG. Important topics include Financial Accounting, Single and double entry, Books of original Entry, Profit & Loss Appropriation Accounts, Balance Sheet, Income & Expenditure Accounts, Bills of Exchange, Self Balancing Ledgers, Economics and Governance, Finance Commission, Methods of economic study and Central, Theory of Demand and Supply, Law of supply and Elasticity of Supply, Theory of Production and cost, Forms of Market and price determination in different markets, Indian Economy, Economic Reforms in India, etc.
- Multiple revisions of the syllabus and solving questions on topics is necessary for an exam-like environment that will help you to finish the paper on time on the real exam day.
- To save time during preparation, study strictly according to the given syllabus as reading extra topics and out of context study material will not fetch you marks. They will make your preparation process longer and unhelpful
SSC CGL Tier 2 Time Management Tips 2020 (Preparation Stage)
Good Time Management during the preparation of the SSC CGL Tier 2 Exam is necessary as the syllabus is extremely vast and the competition is very high. Go through the points given below to improve your time management for SSC CGL.
- Take out time for weekly revisions as it will save you preparation time before the exam.
- Try not to keep backlogs and finish the syllabus topics as planned and on time.
- Make long term and short term SSC CGL Preparation Study Plan to complete all the important topics in the syllabus with fixed deadlines and stick to your plans.
- Breaking your daily time table into 4-5 slots will be helpful such as different syllabus sections that can be covered in different slots.
|Slot 1||8 AM-10 AM||Quantitative Aptitude|
|Slot 2||10.30 AM-12.30 PM||Statistics|
|Slot 3||3.00 PM-4.00 PM||General Studies-Finance & Economics|
|Slot 5||7.30 PM-8.30 PM||English|
SSC CGL Tier 2 Exam Pattern 2020
SSC CGL Tier-II Exam is an objective exam which will be conducted online. There are 4 sections in the exam, with 100 questions that account for a total of 200 marks. The Tier 2 papers will be conducted over two days. Paper 1 and Paper 2 on the first day and Paper 3 and Paper 4 on the second day.
There will be a negative marking of 0.25 marks for every wrong answer. Let us have a look at the table below to know the SSC CGL Exam Pattern of Tier 2.
|Paper||Subject||No of Questions||Max Marks||Exam Duration|
|1||Quantitative Aptitude||100||200||2 Hours|
|2||English Language and Comprehension||200||200||2 Hours|
|4||General Studies (Finance & Economics)||100||200||2 Hours|
SSC CGL Study Plan for Tier 2
Keeping the exam pattern in mind, prepare a time table on how much time you should give to each section and assign deadlines accordingly.
- Make a habit to revise and prepare short notes such as formulas.
- Frame a strategy on which section to attempt in the beginning, which at the end, how much time to spend on each section, and how much time to be spent on review.
- Download SSC CGL Previous Year Papers and attempt maximum questions within the time allotted.
- Solve the question paper in SSC CGL Exam like environment and try to finish the paper in due time. Analysis sections of the question paper are taking up more time and plan your preparation accordingly.
Share your thoughts/queries here!